PDA

View Full Version : Bell hoping for placekicking duties.

Leroy Jenkins
08-14-2015, 06:26 PM
http://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=43944&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"After making 14 of 21 field goals as a freshman, Bell was 6 of 14 in 2013".

War Machine Dawg
08-14-2015, 07:58 PM
I may or may not be addressing this on Monday. Stay tuned.....

maroonmania
08-14-2015, 08:33 PM
Very good chance Bell gets the duties for FG kicking. If so, can we all please refrain from ripping on the guy even before he attempts his first FG of the year?

mic
08-14-2015, 09:09 PM
Very good chance Bell gets the duties for FG kicking. If so, can we all please refrain from ripping on the guy even before he attempts his first FG of the year?

Seriously......

mstatefan91
08-14-2015, 09:29 PM
It's not completely Bell's fault anyway. For the life of me, I can't figure out why our coaching staff can't seem to bring in a decently talented kicker with their head screwed on right.

I mean, by all accounts, Bell has all of the physical tools necessary to be an elite FG kicker, but in the real game, he hasn't had it..

It's like our kickers and punt returners need therapy to cope with the stress..

Todd4State
08-14-2015, 09:36 PM
A lot of times the problem has been the snap or a breakdown in the protection scheme resulting in a block or a miss.

starkvegasdawg
08-14-2015, 09:38 PM
I won't rip on any of our kickers individually yet. I'll just say my butthole puckers up tighter than a snare drum on anything other than an extra point and that shouldn't be the case for a team trying to move to elite status in FBS.

jalakin
08-14-2015, 09:53 PM
I won't rip on any of our kickers individually yet. I'll just say my butthole puckers up tighter than a snare drum on anything other than an extra point and that shouldn't be the case for a team trying to move to elite status in FBS.

You felt secure with extra points?

starkvegasdawg
08-14-2015, 10:19 PM
You felt secure with extra points?

I won't say secure, but I didn't have piss dribbling down my legs like I did with FG's.

sandwolf
08-14-2015, 10:59 PM

This. Bell has a hell of a leg....his problems seem to have been about 90% mental. So how about our fans not shoot his confidence to shit before he ever takes the field.

starkvegasdawg
08-14-2015, 11:14 PM
This. Bell has a hell of a leg....his problems seem to have been about 90% mental. So how about our fans not shoot his confidence to shit before he ever takes the field.

If a couple of posts on a message board kill his confidence then he's already done.

Todd4State
08-15-2015, 12:15 AM
If a couple of posts on a message board kill his confidence then he's already done.

From what I have heard it went way beyond that.

drunkernhelldawg
08-15-2015, 01:28 AM

I think he could be a truly great kicker. We need him. Mullen needs to show more respect for the importance of the kicking game.

mstatefan91
08-15-2015, 02:53 AM
I think he could be a truly great kicker. We need him. Mullen needs to show more respect for the importance of the kicking game.
Mullen needs to show more respect for the importance of special teams in general...