PDA

View Full Version : Zach Zackson had an encouraging interview

Jarius
08-14-2015, 02:55 PM
that Logan Lowry posted on the Daily Journal site. When they asked him about what he liked about the changes that Diaz has made he said that the linebackers were not going to be covering receivers any more and that has helped out a lot. He talked up JT Gray as well. Said that he was one of the more impressive linebackers.

DanDority
08-14-2015, 03:02 PM
When they asked him about what he liked about the changes that Diaz has made he said that the linebackers were not going to be covering receivers any more and that has helped out a lot.

How is that going to work?

BeardoMSU
08-14-2015, 03:05 PM

They just let them score, so less time is run off the clock***

Ifyouonlyknew
08-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Won't be required to cover them all over the field man to man with no safety help.

GreenheadDawg
08-14-2015, 03:20 PM
Won't be required to cover them all over the field man to man with no safety help.

Lucky for Zach because he's not very good at it. I just want to see Diaz put the best players on the field and let them play.

thf24
08-14-2015, 03:27 PM
Lucky for Zach because he's not very good at it. I just want to see Diaz put the best players on the field and let them play.

Yeah he wasn't very good at it, along with the vast majority of linebackers in football of any level. They call it a mismatch for a reason. Zach's problem hasn't been the inability to cover receivers, it's that he was asked to do it just because the freak of nature he was subbing in for actually could do it.

confucius say
08-14-2015, 03:28 PM
When they asked him about what he liked about the changes that Diaz has made he said that the linebackers were not going to be covering receivers any more and that has helped out a lot.

He prob means not going to be locked up in man as often, which means more zone or more nickel/dime looks when we are in man. Either that, or means not in coverage at all, which means backers are coming and more cover zero or man free on the back end. My guess is a mixture with more of the former.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Yeah he wasn't very good at it, along with the vast majority of linebackers in football of any level. They call it a mismatch for a reason. Zach's problem hasn't been the inability to cover receivers, it's that he was asked to do it just because the freak of nature he was subbing in for actually could do it.

+1

Jarius
08-14-2015, 03:33 PM
He prob means not going to be locked up in man as often, which means more zone or more nickel/dime looks when we are in man. Either that, or means not in coverage at all, which means backers are coming and more cover zero or man free on the back end. My guess is a mixture with more of the former.

In the interview he said that the safeties and corners would be more in coverage than the linebackers...I'm paraphrasing. Don't remember the exact quote and you only get 5 free reads

Dawgtini
08-14-2015, 04:12 PM
In the interview he said that the safeties and corners would be more in coverage than the linebackers...I'm paraphrasing. Don't remember the exact quote and you only get 5 free reads
Open in an incognito window. Full set of free reads every time.

DanDority
08-14-2015, 04:22 PM
They just let them score, so less time is run off the clock***

+1

K9 Avenger
08-14-2015, 04:51 PM
http://brophyfootball.blogspot.com/2011/01/manny-diaz-bulletproof-fire-zone.html Some interesting insight into Manny's style of defense....I think it answers some questions posed in this thread.

Barking 13
08-14-2015, 09:41 PM

means the linebackers will be all over the quarterback before he has time to throw.