PDA

View Full Version : CNN linked to this QB story - Got to get this kid on campus

archdog
08-13-2015, 11:32 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2529113-diamond-in-the-rough-qb-recruit-dane-warps-fight-for-a-scholarship-offer?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Nothing else, he sounds like someone that is working hard to get on a team. I like those players.

FISHDAWG
08-13-2015, 12:34 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2529113-diamond-in-the-rough-qb-recruit-dane-warps-fight-for-a-scholarship-offer?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Nothing else, he sounds like someone that is working hard to get on a team. I like those players.

wonder if he would be willing to change that medical curriculum to engineering

Martianlander
08-13-2015, 12:42 PM
A lot of pre-med students go to MSU.

QuadrupleOption
08-13-2015, 01:12 PM
A lot of pre-med students go to MSU.

Yep. A degree in Biological Engineering will get him into Medical School no problem.

Also, we could sell him on mild winters. He does sound like an interesting prospect. The fact that he plays basketball also tells me he's able to run so he'd probably mesh well in Mullen's offense.

missouridawg
08-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Why don't we hire a coach who can recruit QBs instead? That would prevent us from having to do the work for them.

AFDawg
08-13-2015, 01:23 PM
wonder if he would be willing to change that medical curriculum to engineering

Why would he do that? We produce a ton of pre-med students, some engineering majors and some not.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Why don't we hire a coach who can recruit QBs instead? That would prevent us from having to do the work for them.

Um maybe I'm confused, but what's wrong with Brian Johnson?

missouridawg
08-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Um maybe I'm confused, but what's wrong with Brian Johnson?

There's a hefty dose of sarcasm in my post. Tilt your head back and swallow fast, you may never taste anything.

I was saying that it's kind of absurd that message board heroes are recruiting QBs to campus based upon Bleacher Report articles...

bgover4
08-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Personally to me it sounds like the competition this kid plays against would struggle against the worst teams in this area. if they are combining schools to make a single team, there probably isn't too much of a talent pool to compete against around there.

FISHDAWG
08-13-2015, 02:35 PM
There's a hefty dose of sarcasm in my post. Tilt your head back and swallow fast, you may never taste anything.

I was saying that it's kind of absurd that message board heroes are recruiting QBs to campus based upon Bleacher Report articles...

point well taken

QuadrupleOption
08-13-2015, 02:57 PM

Normally I'd agree, but people who know QB mechanics are vouching for the guy. It seems like he's a good athlete who's been cursed by playing in a small backwater that no one scouts. Kind of like Ben Beckwith.

Chances are this guy has never been seen by anyone on our staff. It's not their fault because he's waaaaay outside of our recruiting zone, but I think if we are looking for talented athletes to develop into great players, this guy is right up our alley.

Hell, it can't hurt to take a few minutes and see, can it?

archdog
08-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Point Taken. Valid even. Didn't claim to be a hero, nor did I claim that I am recruiting him to campus on behalf of inept coaches. I just like people like this get a shot, didn't see anything posted about him, thought it could break up the a little bit of the time waiting for the same post to finally move off the front page, and start a conversation. It's only been a few hours and we are already discussing the merits of playing in a small town versus lower than average at best competition.

Our coaches have done an excellent job getting QB's on campus since the lil favre class. Dak, Fitz, Staley, Williams, and Tiano are all capable QBs in our system. When you read about a QB that professional QB coaches have gone out of their way to say they have the IT factor. Doesn't hurt to spread that info around. Missouri Dawg had it right, it is absurd. I will just run my next couple of post by him prior to posting something of interest from now on to get the official MOdawg approval. Hell he is probably from Festus or Perryville. His opinion on post quality has to be high.

FISHDAWG
08-13-2015, 03:42 PM
and this point is well taken also .... Mizzou you're up

missouridawg
08-13-2015, 05:13 PM
I'm from the bootheel...

And my stance on QB recruiting for MSU is let Mullen do it. He seems to be pretty decent at it. Linking the story to share it with everyone? I would've never said anything.... But suggesting that we get this guy on campus is a little much for me. I trust Mullen to have our QB pipeline full of solid players.

Didn't mean to throw any personal stones either and I apologize if you felt I was getting personal.

smootness
08-13-2015, 06:11 PM
You see stories like this all the time, and you pretty much never hear from them again. Not saying none will ever make it, but again, these articles come out every year. There's always some kid in a small town somewhere putting up huge stats looking for his chance. I don't read much into them.

archdog
08-13-2015, 07:08 PM
No problem. And yes, Mullen and Co do a good enough job wothout me.

Dawgcentral
08-13-2015, 07:31 PM
No problem. And yes, Mullen and Co do a good enough job wothout me.

I see nothing at all wrong with you introducing a guy we never would have seen otherwise. I didn't see this as you trying to give a hand to the coaching staff. Hell, we're just passing time having a read here and there.

missouridawg
08-13-2015, 08:36 PM
I see nothing at all wrong with you introducing a guy we never would have seen otherwise. I didn't see this as you trying to give a hand to the coaching staff. Hell, we're just passing time having a read here and there.

The "Got to get this kid on campus" line is what I was referring to.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-13-2015, 08:58 PM

Well ****, excuse me sir. I won't swallow shit.

FISHDAWG
08-14-2015, 07:38 AM
The "Got to get this kid on campus" line is what I was referring to.

it was a good read - this is a message board for sports discussion

blacklistedbully
08-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Dylan Favre lit up stats against better competition.

State82
08-14-2015, 05:12 PM
I bet he gets a shot at playing, and a free education, somewhere. But not here.