PDA

View Full Version : A little more credit in this article than most

bulldogsmsu
08-13-2015, 07:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/113282/2015-season-preview-mississippi-state-bulldogs

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-13-2015, 07:30 AM
Yeah, that's definitely one of the more logical articles I've seen so far, although I don't agree that the O-Line will struggle.

TrapGame
08-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Good article using common sense and some research.

Lloyd Christmas
08-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Best article I've read with sincere objectivity. 8-4 is my prediction as well.

Coach34
08-13-2015, 09:33 AM
Agreed. Very objective piece. 8-4 certainly could happen. Would be very disappointing though. With the team we have, plus getting Bama, LSU, and Northern Miss at home- we aren't going to have a better chance to win the West

Statefan
08-13-2015, 09:48 AM
Not gonna lie... I got hyped when he called us a "perennially middle of the pack team"

BrunswickDawg
08-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Not gonna lie... I got hyped when he called us a "perennially middle of the pack team"

We've come a long way from "perennially a doormat of the SEC"

bulldogsmsu
08-13-2015, 10:25 AM
We've come a long way from "perennially a doormat of the SEC"

We have averaged 8.2 wins per year the past 5 years! Lets keep up the consistency.

Tbonewannabe
08-13-2015, 10:36 AM
The thing that kills me with all these articles is besides Ark we return as much on the Oline as most people. Also somehow us replacing our Defensive coordinator is a negative but everyone else it is looked at as upgrading. Collins was pretty underwhelming as a play caller. I personally think we upgraded by a large margin there.

archdog
08-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Wow an actual researched sports story that looked past the bland reporting of the typical ESPN talking heads that looks into our situation a little more. I completely agree. We could be just as good as last year and go 6-6 or 7-5 easily. Luckily in about 23 days all of this will start to be settled on the field.

TrapGame
08-13-2015, 10:41 AM
The thing that kills me with all these articles is besides Ark we return as much on the Oline as most people. Also somehow us replacing our Defensive coordinator is a negative but everyone else it is looked at as upgrading. Collins was pretty underwhelming as a play caller. I personally think we upgraded by a large margin there.

Totally agree. And as food for thought, Geno Smith was the QB at WVU that put 70 on Steel's Clemson defense. I don't think Steel can stop Dak either but somehow he's the second coming of Bo Pellini on the Bayou.

archdog
08-13-2015, 10:41 AM

I agree. Collins wasn't as bad as Wilson before him, but he didn't set the world on fire. If I was an OC last year against us, I would throw it deep every time Love lined up on someone. Which I am sure that contributed to our softness deep and over the middle. The Safeties had to have their eyes on whomever he was covering. Just look back at any SEC game and tell me who the offense was keying on.

Offshore Dawg
08-13-2015, 11:01 AM

It is nothing more complicated than perception. We are Miss State and our history has shown that the Dawgs have not recruited to the point of having back to back classes good enough to have sustained success. Do it this year and that perception may start to change.