PDA

View Full Version : 1st week of college football

msstate7
08-12-2015, 08:12 PM
What games are you most interested in besides ours?

I'm ready to see the Louisville-auburn game. Don't know what all Louisville lost on defense, but they were solid for most of last year. I don't think you can just chalk up a win against Petrino. I think this will be a good game

Leroy Jenkins
08-12-2015, 08:32 PM
BGSU @ UT. Is the hype real?
VT @ OSU. Can they pull it off again?

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Notable games that weekend:

North Carolina @ South Carolina - Does South Carolina have a QB?

Michigan @ Utah - Something tells me Harbaugh gets his ass beat in first game

Louisville vs Auburn in ATL - That balloon could pop real quick. Wouldn't shock me

Bowling Green @ Tennessee - This game won't tell you anything about TN

Arizona State @ Texas A&M in Houston - very intriguing game. Wouldn't shock me to see ASU take them

Texas @ Notre Dame - Looks much better on paper than it really is. Two mediocre teams

Wisconsin vs Bama in Dallas - Bama will destroy a team without a QB

Ohio State @ Virginia Tech - OSU will be without Bosa & a few of their WR. It won't matter, but I'll be cheering hard for VT

IMissJack
08-12-2015, 08:56 PM
I think aTm and Arizona St. could be tight.
UL vs. Auburn is the one I want to see.

BulldogBear
08-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Nothing would start this season off better than for VPI to upset the Buckeyes week one. Maybe Ole Miss losing.

Dawg61
08-13-2015, 12:19 AM
Besides all the SEC teams I'll watch the Ohio State @ VTech game is the one I'm most interested in. This is the game we really need Ohio State to lose. We need them dead and gone early because they have a total cakewalk schedule after this game. Need Enter Sandman and the magic of the Hokies at home to come to life. They beat Ohio State in Columbus last year. They can do it again! I hope

msstate7
08-13-2015, 06:56 AM
Besides all the SEC teams I'll watch the Ohio State @ VTech game is the one I'm most interested in. This is the game we really need Ohio State to lose. We need them dead and gone early because they have a total cakewalk schedule after this game. Need Enter Sandman and the magic of the Hokies at home to come to life. They beat Ohio State in Columbus last year. They can do it again! I hope

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Their last 2 (Michigan state and at Michigan) will be their best chances at getting a loss.

BulldogBear
08-13-2015, 07:48 AM
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Their last 2 (Michigan state and at Michigan) will be their best chances at getting a loss.

Maybe. But opening games can be crazy. VPI has as good a chance as those two IMHO largely due to it being opening weekend and on the road for the Weeds.

jumbo
08-13-2015, 08:00 AM

because losing to VT at home last year really killed them

Dawg61
08-13-2015, 08:38 AM
because losing to VT at home last year really killed them

True it didn't eliminate them last year but I think it would this year.