PDA

View Full Version : Solid article on Clayborn

Coach34
08-12-2015, 09:37 AM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/08/11/clayborn-brings-edge-msus-offensive-line/31478439/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

“Jamaal will get his clamps on you. You’re going down,” junior defensive tackle Chris Jones said. “See, Jamaal is a dirty player. He’ll jump on you. He’s a big nasty guy.

5 Star
08-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Hahaha what is Smithwell Stadium? Bonner strikes again.

As for the article. Hope he performs. If he steps up that will alleviate much of my concern for the offensive line.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-12-2015, 10:36 AM
“See, Jamaal is a dirty player. He’ll jump on you. He’s a big nasty guy.

Soild? It now has labeled him as a dirty player and even brought up Day's past actions. It's like Bonner was trying to label our O-Line as dirty. And I know it's blasphemy, but wtf was CJ thinking saying he's a dirty player?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Soild? It now has labeled him as a dirty player and even brought up Day's past actions. It's like Bonner was trying to label our O-Line as dirty. And I know it's blasphemy, but wtf was CJ thinking saying he's a dirty player?

Chris didn't mean anything by it. He was saying Jamal will do whatever it takes to get the job done. I'm sure Chris wasn't thinking yea I'm about to expose Jamal as being a dirty player who will take out the opposition.

Coach34
08-12-2015, 10:59 AM
I like our OL being known as dirty myself

Leroy Jenkins
08-12-2015, 11:09 AM
"Moves to Center after a sophomore season saw him regress at Guard "? I hate our writers.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Chris didn't mean anything by it. He was saying Jamal will do whatever it takes to get the job done.I'm sure Chris wasn't thinking yea I'm about to expose Jamal as being a dirty player who will take out the opposition.

I understand what you are saying, but it comes across wrong. I honestly hope that our line plays "dirty", but we don't need someone highlighting it where it could be paid more attention to in the season.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-12-2015, 11:15 AM
"Moves to Center after a sophomore season saw him regress at Guard "? I hate our writers.

That's pathetic for them to write that. He missed all but 4 games last season due to a personal family matter.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-12-2015, 11:15 AM
I understand what you are saying, but it comes across wrong. I honestly hope that our line plays "dirty", but we don't need someone highlighting it where it could be paid more attention to in the season.

Yea if we would've said nasty instead of dirty no one would've paid any attention to it.

maroonmania
08-12-2015, 11:50 AM

Agreed, I wished he would have used the word "mean" or "nasty" or something. Using the word "dirty" is not flattering at all and insinuates he does things outside the rules of the game or tries to hurt people.

yakalot
08-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Les is already writing his complaint out.

I seen it dawg
08-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Les is going to have a lot more to worry about on sept 12 than just our center stomping a mud hole in their ass.

AFDawg
08-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Agreed, I wished he would have used the word "mean" or "nasty" or something. Using the word "dirty" is not flattering at all and insinuates he does things outside the rules of the game or tries to hurt people.

That wasn't the smartest thing for Chris to say, but I guarantee you he said that with a goofy smile and a chuckle. He didn't mean anything by it.

sandwolf
08-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Clayborn, who prefers to snap under center rather than shotgun, has confidence in his techniques.

This jump out at anyone else? I am sure I'm just being paranoid, but this comment immediately made me worry that Mullen is going to try to put Dak under center more, to try to help his pro stock. Because based on the offense we have always run, shotgun snaps should be near about all Clayborn knows....he shouldn't have snapped the ball enough times with Dak under center to even have an opinion about it.

dawgwood
08-12-2015, 02:26 PM
The best offensive lineman on,all levels of football nasty mean dirty,way ever you wanna call it. Glad to have him up front with that mentality.

Thompson92
08-12-2015, 02:36 PM
A bit off topic, but Daryl Williams also has a reputation for being mean, and that's exciting to me. Should have 8+ straight years of intimidating centers. This year, as long as our new O-linemen can replace the meanness of Day/Beckwith/Clausell, I'm not worried about them.

Aces High
08-12-2015, 02:45 PM
I want 5 david stewarts

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Robertson just had an article on Justin Malone where Malone said there's not a "really nasty guy like Dillon" and that this year's group wants to be known as "great technicians" & not just "the nasty guys". However, nasty and dirty are subjective terms so I don't think the articles contradict each other.

I liked seeing what Chris said a/b Clayborn b/c we need some guys that play with an edge. I appreciate where Malone is coming from too though, b/c you have to have level-headed guys on the line to keep emotions from spilling over. A good offensive line has a mix of guys that walk the line b/w nasty & dirty to set the tone, along w/ guys that can calm the huddle, & help others' channel their energy & emotion toward the task at hand.

I'm a big Titans fan & Big Country David Stewart is one of my all time favorite players, but 5 David Stewarts gets you 5 times the 15 yd personal foul calls as well.

Percho
08-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Well I guess you always have to speak, politically correct, as long as the league hands out selective punishment.

Schultzy
08-12-2015, 04:14 PM
I like what C. Jones said about Clayborne a lot and he is more of a push guy than Day for sure.

An interesting pull from the article psycho(thesis) referenced was among the 3 guys that graduated (Beckwith, Clausell and Day)they averaged two stars and had a total of two scholarship offers coming out of high school between them.

We have to be starting more raw talent this year.

FISHDAWG
08-13-2015, 12:40 PM
This jump out at anyone else? I am sure I'm just being paranoid, but this comment immediately made me worry that Mullen is going to try to put Dak under center more, to try to help his pro stock. Because based on the offense we have always run, shotgun snaps should be near about all Clayborn knows....he shouldn't have snapped the ball enough times with Dak under center to even have an opinion about it.

Roger that ! It took JC Brignone an entire season to finally develop dependability from the pistol / shotgun

NCDawg
08-13-2015, 01:46 PM
One thing about Day, I rarely, if ever, saw him make a bad snap. We know how important that is-LSU for example. Made the game much closer than it should have been. I don't have any problem with Prescott under center, especially on goal line situations.

SDDawg
08-14-2015, 04:00 PM

Exactly, that's the reputation you want. Guys that will hurt you, that's what we need.