PDA

View Full Version : Stricklin reports 3500 seat commitments

State82
08-12-2015, 08:59 AM
According to him, that's 91% of seat sales this past season (I assume he's referring to chair back season tickets but not sure about that). The info indicated 1200 seats reserved from first time buyers. What I'm unsure about is if the 1200 is included in the 3500. Outfield at 96% reserved. This is from second hand info. I have not seen the message/tweet/statement from the AD. Can anyone else verify this?

5 Star
08-12-2015, 09:25 AM
The 91% includes the 1,200 new buyers, I do know that.

It appears though, that the 1,200 is not included in the 3,500. 4,660 chairbacks plus 180 skybox is 4,840, so 4,700 (new plus old) is 97% of that. Add in the outfield to the 4,840 and that probably can drop your number down to 91%.

I think if we have a good year next year that'll push the buyers up, even at the higher rate. And at least for the first few years, we won't be able to complain about lack of General Admission seating. Hope that equals more butts in seats.

archdog
08-12-2015, 02:03 PM
How much are tickets and how much donation is required?

5 Star
08-12-2015, 02:36 PM
$1,800 donation now, which covers the 10-year period. Split into 3 payments (now, ground-breaking, and completion). I imagine tickets will be what they have always been, plus a little bit obviously. I want to say they are around $250?

MSUDawg99
08-12-2015, 05:34 PM
From my Wed. weekly Bulldog Update email from Stricklin:

BASEBALL, BASKETBALL TICKET INFORMATION

We have had great response in the form of baseball pre-sale opportunities for the New Dude with over 3,500 seats reserved, and I’d encourage you to check the updated information the Bulldog Club put out yesterday for season tickets moving forward. You can find them on Twitter at @HailStateBDC. We are still taking deposits for the remaining chairbacks and premium seating. As far as the future stadium itself, we are currently in the process of finalizing designs and fundraising to complete the project. Momentum continues to grow toward our goal to have the best stadium for the best fans in college baseball.

As for basketball, we will be sending out renewal information soon to existing season ticket holders for the men’s and women’s teams. Renewals for the men are expected to go out in the coming days. We expect the majority of our existing 5,000 season ticket holders to renew at last year’s rate, leaving roughly 1,800 season tickets available to Bulldog Club members who did not purchase last season.

I should also remind those ticket holders that we are entering the final season of a three-year reseating plan, meaning we will reseat once more after this season.

I am very much looking forward to our first year of basketball under Ben Howland, as well as two anniversary reunions we have planned for the 1991 SEC Champs and the historic 1996 Final Four team. We ought to be in for a fun year of basketball with the promise of excitement for our men and the return of one of the nation’s top teams for the women.

We’ll be kicking it off with a huge weekend when our men and women open their season in a doubleheader at The Hump on Friday November 13, the night before our football team hosts Alabama. Should be a great weekend.

5 Star
08-12-2015, 05:42 PM
We have had great response in the form of baseball pre-sale opportunities for the New Dude with over 3,500 seats reserved
Hmmm, that makes it sound like 3,500 total. So, apparently if that is 91% of the total tickets we sold last year, have we really been only selling 3,847 chairbacks per year? That leaves over 800 that we have not been selling, but I though there was a waiting list? Something doesn't add up.

State82
08-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Hmmm, that makes it sound like 3,500 total. So, apparently if that is 91% of the total tickets we sold last year, have we really been only selling 3,847 chairbacks per year? That leaves over 800 that we have not been selling, but I though there was a waiting list? Something doesn't add up.

That's what I'm curious about.

bulldogcountry1
08-13-2015, 08:03 AM
I've been on the waiting list for several years...I know they keep a certain amount for students and individual games.

Do lounge commitments come with a number of "seat" commitments. As it is, I thought people just pay a fee for their spot and anyone with a ticket can participate. Are there a certain number of general admission season tickets required per lounge spot?

The 3500 has to be chairbacks only, because they mostly just gave updates on chairback sales and not the premium seating. Even though the premium seats are where the $ is, chairback sales are more of an indication of the general interest level.

5 Star
08-13-2015, 09:41 AM
I've been on the waiting list for several years...I know they keep a certain amount for students and individual games.

Do lounge commitments come with a number of "seat" commitments. As it is, I thought people just pay a fee for their spot and anyone with a ticket can participate. Are there a certain number of general admission season tickets required per lounge spot?

The 3500 has to be chairbacks only, because they mostly just gave updates on chairback sales and not the premium seating. Even though the premium seats are where the $ is, chairback sales are more of an indication of the general interest level.
Yeah, and at 91% (while still a year or two away), that's pretty good IMO. I mean, that's 91% who made a donation, even after a terrible season. Host a regional this year, and we'll probably sell out going forward.

MSUDawg99
08-13-2015, 09:43 AM

I think I heard a lounger say that in the New Dude they would be limited to the number of ppl who can participate. I think I understood that to be what he said, but of course, he himself may have been incorrect or misunderstood. At any rate, of the loungers, 96% of those renewed their spots.

5 Star
08-13-2015, 09:56 AM
I think I heard a lounger say that in the New Dude they would be limited to the number of ppl who can participate. I think I understood that to be what he said, but of course, he himself may have been incorrect or misunderstood. At any rate, of the loungers, 96% of those renewed their spots.
I'm sure that's possible, but the BDC said that the stadium is being built to grow into. I believe them more than a lounger, especially now that we have a good amount of tickets sold.