PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather?

starkvegasdawg
08-12-2015, 08:25 AM
This is not one of those would you rather beat TSUN but only go 6-6 or lose to them and go 10-2 again. This is, however, an "I'm bored at work and sports are slow" thread. Below I'll list two team combinations of teams on our current schedule. Out of each pair, who would you rather beat this season and why?

1. Bama or Auburn
2. Auburn or LSU
3. LSU or Bama
4. Mizzo or A&M
5. TSUN or Bama
6. Arkansas or A&M
7. LSU or TSUN

My choices
1. Bama - need to get that monkey off our back
2. LSU - don't need to start another losing streak
3. Bama - Same as earlier
4. A&M - would be an SECW win
5. TSUN - I hate those bastards
6. Arkansas - Bigger threat to contend with
7. TSUN - I really hate those bastards

Bothrops
08-12-2015, 08:42 AM
I'd rather beat LSU than Bama. No one in the league disrespects us more than they do.

Dawg61
08-12-2015, 09:10 AM
I'd rather beat LSU than Bama. No one in the league disrespects us more than they do.

I wouldn't. We beat LSU last year and haven't beaten Bama since Croomage was here. Plus it's looked at better by voters/media for the final rankings assuming Bama doesn't go post-Petrino Arkansas on us.

Liverpooldawg
08-12-2015, 09:52 AM
1. Bama because it's at home
2. LSU for the same reason
3. Bama because I live 15 miles from the Alabama line. I know 2 LSU fans. The Bammers will heckle you in Walmart here if you have on a MSU shirt. They are everywhere.
4. A&M because they are in the west
5. The Confederates because it's them
6. The Swine because I have nothing really against A&M and I've spent time in Little Rock.
7. The Confederates because it's them

Maroonthirteen
08-12-2015, 10:31 AM
Alabama....home game, I dislike them more.
LSU....... home game, It would be nice to win two in a row over them.
Alabama..... I dislike them more.
aTm....... Because it is a divisional win, see tie breakers rules of SEC stadings.
OM.....I don't want the home EB win streak broken in Starkville.
Arkansas.....I dislike them more.
OM........see above. AND I dislike OM more.

BulldogBear
08-12-2015, 01:27 PM
This is not one of those would you rather beat TSUN but only go 6-6 or lose to them and go 10-2 again. This is, however, an "I'm bored at work and sports are slow" thread. Below I'll list two team combinations of teams on our current schedule. Out of each pair, who would you rather beat this season and why?

1. Bama or Auburn
2. Auburn or LSU
3. LSU or Bama
4. Mizzo or A&M
5. TSUN or Bama
6. Arkansas or A&M
7. LSU or TSUN

My choices
1. Bama - need to get that monkey off our back
2. LSU - don't need to start another losing streak
3. Bama - Same as earlier
4. A&M - would be an SECW win
5. TSUN - I hate those bastards
6. Arkansas - Bigger threat to contend with
7. TSUN - I really hate those bastards
1. AUBURN - As strange as that might sound, I (1) hate Auburn worse and (2) feel that Bama is not losing less than 2 this year and the Auburn game may be a more important factor in us winning the West.

2. LSU - Really want to beat them two in a row, plus I think the game is key to the rest of the season. Win this one and we're on our way to a 9-3 or better. Lose and things could go differently.

3. LSU - I hate to say but really for the same reason. Now if you're saying Bama and 9-3 or LSU and 10-2 I might go Bama but I don't think that's the way it works this year. We need to win the LSU game more than we need to win the Bama game, for psychological effect on season if nothing else.

4. Missouri - (1) Most importantly because I'll be there and won't be at the TAMU game and (2) TAMU makes me laugh. Still a Big 12 school by philosophy that hasn't learned to be an SEC school yet. The reality is if we beat Mizzou it will mean we've beat them both!

5. NMU - Like Colt 45...every time.

6. TAMU - I can make a case for both, and you might think I would pick Arkansas for same reasons as (2) above on MO-TAMU choice, but if I really had to choose, I could halfway excuse losing to Arkansas on the road sandwiched between Egg Bowl and Bammer but could not excuse losing to TAMU.

7. NMU - again, see 5 above. Why ask?

BulldogBear
08-12-2015, 01:28 PM

To add to my above reasons, this^^^^

Dawg Corps
08-12-2015, 01:37 PM
I thought this was going to be one of those "17/marry/kill" kind of things. Ha.