PDA

View Full Version : Giant M State pants logo removed?

BayouDawg
08-12-2015, 01:35 AM
From what I can tell of the practice photos all the true freshmen have solid white pants with no stripe and no giant logo. Does this mean there will be no more giant M state logo this year?

mstatefan91
08-12-2015, 02:24 AM
They're wearing practice jerseys... have you ever played a sport?

Joe Schmedlap
08-12-2015, 06:38 AM
OP asked about pants, not jerseys.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-12-2015, 07:10 AM
Their practice attire aren't their actual jerseys or pants so you can't tell anything from those.

pscf3
08-12-2015, 07:15 AM
They've been wearing all sorts of different pants in practice. Maroon Ribbon Stripe, White Ribbon Stripe, I even saw one picture of a player wearing the Snow Bowl pants.

missouridawg
08-12-2015, 07:37 AM
It was stated in the spring when we committed to the 100 year jerseys for the entire year that the pants logo would be gone. Or atleast that's how I remember it.

Dawg61
08-12-2015, 09:18 AM
have you ever played a sport?

You gunning for biggest dickhead on this board? Uniforms won't show significant improvement until the legal banner Mississippi State on the front is changed to only saying MSU in small lettering.

mstatefan91
08-12-2015, 10:27 AM
You gunning for biggest dickhead on this board? Uniforms won't show significant improvement until the legal banner Mississippi State on the front is changed to only saying MSU in small lettering.

Lol you're just mad cause I called you out for the troll that you are, and here you are again

MrKotter
08-12-2015, 10:49 AM

Tiger Woods sucks

BayouDawg
08-12-2015, 10:54 AM
They're wearing practice jerseys... have you ever played a sport?

Yep high school and Juco basketball. But 2 falls ago and last fall we wore the ribbon stripe pants all fall camp and those were technically our primary unis. Obviously those are practice jerseys. Most football teams don't have "practice" pants. Unless teams have exact replicas of game pants as their practice pants. The only team I know for sure that has practice pants is LSU. They wear purple pants in spring and fall practice. Auburn, Bama, Mizzou, and Arky wear they're game pants or exact replicas

Dawg61
08-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Lol you're just mad cause I called you out for the troll that you are, and here you are again

How and what am I exactly "trolling"? You've had a shit mouth for a half a year now. First dozen times I let it slide. So what's up bro? You need attention? You want to be important? I like your user pic. You did well there. Feel better yet pumpkin?

Dawg61
08-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Tiger Woods sucks

6 more career PGA wins than Nicklaus

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-12-2015, 11:22 AM
It was stated in the spring when we committed to the 100 year jerseys for the entire year that the pants logo would be gone. Or atleast that's how I remember it.

I'll back you up on that as I remember something like that as well, but I can't remember if it was fact or speculation.

BayouDawg
08-12-2015, 11:33 AM
I'll back you up on that as I remember something like that as well, but I can't remember if it was fact or speculation.

Yea I remember something like that too, but on the poster our players pants had the giant logo on them. I'm just looking for any sign of hope that the logo won't be on our pants this year. Maybe looking at what what players wear in practice isn't the best indication. All I'm saying is that if you look at the pants that the true freshman are wearing they haven't had on any of the ribbon stripe pants. They've only worn solid white pants with an Adidas symbol and a small m state symbol. Practice specific pants usually don't have the school logo they just have the sponsor logo

mstatefan91
08-12-2015, 11:39 AM
How and what am I exactly "trolling"? You've had a shit mouth for a half a year now. First dozen times I let it slide. So what's up bro? You need attention? You want to be important? I like your user pic. You did well there. Feel better yet pumpkin?

95% of what you post is intended to rile someone up. You go ahead and post it even if it is blatantly obvious that that's what you're trying to do.

Oh and I'm so thankful that you "let it slide." I shudder to think what would have happened if you hadn't...

You're ridiculous

Dawg61
08-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Yea I remember something like that too, but on the poster our players pants had the giant logo on them. I'm just looking for any sign of hope that the logo won't be on our pants this year. Maybe looking at what what players wear in practice isn't the best indication. All I'm saying is that if you look at the pants that the true freshman are wearing they haven't had on any of the ribbon stripe pants. They've only worn solid white pants with an Adidas symbol and a small m state symbol. Practice specific pants usually don't have the school logo they just have the sponsor logo

Giant MState logo has been removed from pants. They told us that months ago. This is funny because it only took one season of bitching for this to get done yet almost a decade straight of bitching to get the legal Mississippi State banner removed has resulted in crickets. We aren't little ol missippi state anymore. We don't have to spell out our entire name to make sure everyone knows its us. Put MSU on it and leave it alone. I wonder how good LSU's jerseys would look if they said Louisiana State on the front. ****ing stupid that's how they'd look.

Ralph
08-12-2015, 11:48 AM

If memory serves, since Dan got here we've used the previous year's uni pants for the following year's practice pants. We used Croomaroon during Dan's first year as practice pants and so on. Using the gigantic M State pants now would be consistent with the past.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Giant MState logo has been removed from pants. They told us that months ago. This is funny because it only took one season of bitching for this to get done yet almost a decade straight of bitching to get the legal Mississippi State banner removed has resulted in crickets. We aren't little ol missippi state anymore. We don't have to spell out our entire name to make sure everyone knows its us. Put MSU on it and leave it alone. I wonder how good LSU's jerseys would look if they said Louisiana State on the front. ****ing stupid that's how they'd look.

I'm not sure about that. People still get us confused with OM. Also nationwide if you say MSU how many people would guess Mississippi State over Michigan State.

DancingRabbit
08-12-2015, 11:57 AM

Maybe it's because you are nearly alone in that opinion. Michigan State has a pretty strong hold on the MSU label nationally.

That logo along with the M-State logo are our two primary logos. They will still be around a decade from now.

Dawg61
08-12-2015, 12:04 PM
95% of what you post is intended to rile someone up. You go ahead and post it even if it is blatantly obvious that that's what you're trying to do.

I prefer to have real discussions with people not happy go lucky repetitive bullshit like you'll find on genes page. Maybe that's more your cup of tea. Nothing wrong with that. Most of us started on genes page then SPS and now here.

blacklistedbully
08-12-2015, 12:04 PM

Irony.

FlabLoser
08-12-2015, 12:06 PM

A lot of people, including me, like the Mississippi State logo that we have on the front of the jerseys. The reason for this has has been spelled out several times by our AD.

1.) We're claiming that entire state in our branding strategy. No other school has "Mississippi" written in its athletic branding. Remember "Our State"? Same deal.

2). We want to differentiate ourself from another in-state school which the media often confuses us for. There's no better way than to clearly spell out the name of our school instead of using an abbreviation or nickname.

There ya go. Pretty simple. This is why we do it. You can not like it if you want. You can prefer acronyms or abbreviations if you want. But this is why we do it.

I'll take it.
http://www.opa.msstate.edu/identity/images/spiritwordmark.png

Dawg61
08-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Maybe it's because you are nearly alone in that opinion. Michigan State has a pretty strong hold on the MSU label nationally.

That logo along with the M-State logo are our two primary logos. They will still be around a decade from now.

I'm not sure about that. People still get us confused with OM. Also nationwide if you say MSU how many people would guess Mississippi State over Michigan State.

Seriously doubt I'm the only one that thinks MSU on the jersey looks better than Mississippi State. The word Mississippi itself is a very long word. It really shouldn't be spelled out on the front of a jersey. It just looks ridiculous. Maybe Louisiana-Lafayette should spell their whole name out or Tennessee Chattanooga should be plastered on the front of every one of their uniforms. It only looks good on the baseball unis. Not football not basketball.

TheRef
08-12-2015, 12:20 PM
Seriously doubt I'm the only one that thinks MSU on the jersey looks better than Mississippi State. The word Mississippi itself is a very long word. It really shouldn't be spelled out on the front of a jersey. It just looks ridiculous. Maybe Louisiana-Lafayette should spell their whole name out or Tennessee Chattanooga should be plastered on the front of every one of their uniforms. It only looks good on the baseball unis. Not football not basketball.

Technically they are solely University of Louisiana.

Their logo is as follows

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/UL_Lafayette_Ragin'_Cajuns_Logo.png

smootness
08-12-2015, 12:21 PM
A lot of people, including me, like the Mississippi State logo that we have on the front of the jerseys. The reason for this has has been spelled out several times by our AD.

1.) We're claiming that entire state in our branding strategy. No other school has "Mississippi" written in its athletic branding. Remember "Our State"? Same deal.

2). We want to differentiate ourself from another in-state school which the media often confuses us for. There's no better way than to clearly spell out the name of our school instead of using an abbreviation or nickname.

There ya go. Pretty simple. This is why we do it. You can not like it if you want. You can prefer acronyms or abbreviations if you want. But this is why we do it.

I'll take it.

My issue with it is not that it spells out 'Mississippi State'. The basketball uniforms used to say that, and it looked fine.

My issue is that in my opinion, it looks like garbage on uniforms. I think it looks fine on signage and letters, but terrible on uniforms. It's worst on the basketball uniform; makes it look like a women's uniform. At least it's smaller on the football uniform, but it still looks out of place. If it ever finds its way to the baseball uniform, I will lose it.

smootness
08-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Technically they are solely University of Louisiana.

Their logo is as follows

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/UL_Lafayette_Ragin'_Cajuns_Logo.png

While I like that logo as an athletic logo a little more than our word banner, you still don't see that on their uniforms.

Dawg61
08-12-2015, 12:23 PM

I'll take it.

It's little man syndrome. I get and I know why they insist on it but it's been long enough. Time to stop thinking like 2002 Mississippi State and start thinking like 2015 MSU. Who cares about Ole Miss. People ten states away will always get us confused till they are dead and gone. Same with Michigan State. Who cares if some Yankee in the Upper can't understand the difference. We ain't recruiting him anyways and if we were he'd know the difference. We cater to retards. Let's stop doing that. The Mississippi State legal logo you posted does look nice on many different things and areas. Just not on the front of a FOOTBALL JERSEY.

TheRef
08-12-2015, 12:24 PM
While I like that logo as an athletic logo a little more than our word banner, you still don't see that on their uniforms.

True....but our uniforms COULD be worse

http://uniformcritics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ull-ragin-cajuns-fleur-de-lis-uniforms-620x682.jpg

Dawg61
08-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Irony.

Best post you've ever had. Only one word. Good job Brown.

scottycameron
08-12-2015, 12:25 PM

I'll take it.

That croom logo is terrible, always has been. Get back the interlock and quit flip flopping around every other year. THAT is why nobody knows us. We can't decide what we want to look like.

blacklistedbully
08-12-2015, 12:29 PM
I prefer to have real discussions with people not happy go lucky repetitive bullshit like you'll find on genes page. Maybe that's more your cup of tea. Nothing wrong with that. Most of us started on genes page then SPS and now here.

And you're like a cancer that metastasized from GP, to SPS, and now to ED. You're not interested in discussion, rather you're interested in becoming know as the biggest a-hole on the board, as if it's some honor. You're a clown, a message board jester not to be taken seriously.

mstatefan91
08-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Irony.

Glad someone else gets it

smootness
08-12-2015, 12:34 PM
True....but our uniforms COULD be worse

http://uniformcritics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ull-ragin-cajuns-fleur-de-lis-uniforms-620x682.jpg

Touche haha

DancingRabbit
08-12-2015, 12:35 PM
That croom logo is terrible, always has been. Get back the interlock and quit flip flopping around every other year. THAT is why nobody knows us. We can't decide what we want to look like.

The interlocking MSU has been gone for 12 years. It's not coming back except possibly as special one-off.

TheRef
08-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Touche haha

I aim to please.