PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Sallee Does it Again

Beaver
08-11-2015, 11:36 PM
He came on "Home Cooking" this afternoon and gave his season predictions for State and Ole Miss.

MSU: 6-6
Ole Miss: 10-2

His reasoning for a 10 win season out of Ole Miss? Chad Kelly. He said not only will Chad Kelly be the starter, he'll be more of a threat than Bo Wallace.

His reasoning for a 6 win season out of MSU? The defense. He said the only reason State did well last year is because we had plenty of guys to rotate in and out on defense. He said the offense would be fine but noted "Dak can't do it all by himself."

Oh, and when asked which game, LSU at home or MSU in Starkville, would be more of a threat to Ole Miss, he said neither game would be a problem, but if he HAD to pick one he'd say the LSU game. Said MSU had no chance of beating Ole Miss -- even after John reminded him that the home team almost always wins...

I mean he's entitled to his opinion on the season record, and I guess his 6-6 prediction makes sense given he picked us last in the SEC West, but his justifications are terrible and do not make sense.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2015, 11:40 PM
Sallee's a douche, and he is NEVER right on predictions. If you've got a daughter under the age of 12, go ask her prediction for MSU and Ole Miss...that's basically what you got from Barret.

hailmari
08-12-2015, 07:16 AM
I really think a State graduation broke his heart at one point and he's just not over it.

TrapGame
08-12-2015, 07:54 AM
The only way we go 6-6 is if Dak breaks something, half the defense gets Ebola and Bear runs off to join ISIS.

starkvegasdawg
08-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Does this mean Mullen is on the hot seat?***

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Must be nice to make predictions in an industry where there are no consequences.....

Here is the key, in the past Sallee makes an absurd prediction & when it proves to be untrue, he begins to write articles like his prediction never happened.

So this season, when we start winning & Sallee writes an article praising us, make sure he remembers his prediction. Make sure that he is tweeted at constantly for being incompetent. Until there are consequences for writing moronic stuff, he'll continue to do it.

missouridawg
08-12-2015, 08:02 AM
It just really doesn't make any sense at all that the reason OM will be good is because of a QB who has never taken an SEC snap... but our "best returning SEC QB" can't even lead his team to more than 6 wins... even though we bring back ample experience on defense. Moron.

codeDawg
08-12-2015, 08:02 AM
Well, he's figured out a sure fire way to generate traffic, so he's not a complete idiot.

thf24
08-12-2015, 08:03 AM
His reasoning for a 10 win season out of Ole Miss? Chad Kelly. He said not only will Chad Kelly be the starter, he'll be more of a threat than Bo Wallace.

I wonder if he realizes he's the ONLY guy to express any positive sentiment about Kelly in months, OM types included. Not saying it can't happen and he won't be a superstar, but at this point it still remains to be seen if he has the mental fortitude to be an SEC quarterback... and Sallee is talking about him being the reason for 10 wins?

Coach34
08-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Sallee is your typical fan of Auburn, Bammer, or LSU that just can't yet get their brain wrapped around the fact that Mullen does things a little differently and it works at State. He and those like him are still trapped in the "it's just State and they always suck" mentality

TopWaterDog
08-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Worst case...absolutely worst we lose to both Bama teams, arky, and either lsu/mizzou but not both

scottycameron
08-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Must be nice to make predictions in an industry where there are no consequences.....

Here is the key, in the past Sallee makes an absurd prediction & when it proves to be untrue, he begins to write articles like his prediction never happened.

So this season, when we start winning & Sallee writes an article praising us, make sure he remembers his prediction. Make sure that he is tweeted at constantly for being incompetent. Until there are consequences for writing moronic stuff, he'll continue to do it.

you mean like the weather or the stock market? I think the "job" is just doing the prediction. That's where you make your money. If results mattered they'd be gambling, not predicting.

FlabLoser
08-12-2015, 08:33 AM
Things I learned from Sallee this week... These are not exaggerations. He actually said this stuff.

Ole Miss is going 10-2. Chad Kelly will lead the way. It doesn't matter that Swag is new. It doesn't matter who the QB is because of all the talent around him.

Such as...that OL isn't that good. But.. Laremy Tunsil.

They can't run the ball, but they will this year just because.

Treadwell is the best WR in football and he is 100%. They've got Stringfellow who is another Treadwell (giving OM the 1st & 2nd best WRs in football). The rest of the receivers are so good its not fair.

Robert Nkemdiche. The rest of that DL is so good they had to move CJ Johnson to LB.

The secondary is just sick. Of course Conner is good. But..Tee Shepard. Hasn't played a down, but he'll be 100% and he'll be great.

Mississippi State is going to have Dan Mullen's 2nd worst season ever because they don't have 1B's to rotate in on defense. Dak can't do it himself on offense (how did he do it last year?). MSU is going 6-6.

-------------
Sallee has raised the bar for himself this year. Every single year of the Mullen era, he's got one of these predictions: 1) Mullen is on
the hot seat, 2) MSU will be around .500.

Holy shit. This is going to be the first or second best team MSU has ever had, and he can't see us having a winning season.

Sallee is so far out in the weeds this year, Willie Nelson is jealous.

Lloyd Christmas
08-12-2015, 08:41 AM
He came on "Home Cooking" this afternoon and gave his season predictions for State and Ole Miss.

His reasoning for a 6 win season out of MSU? The defense. He said the only reason State did well last year is because we had plenty of guys to rotate in and out on defense. He said the offense would be fine but noted "Dak can't do it all by himself."

Oh, and when asked which game, LSU at home or MSU in Starkville, would be more of a threat to Ole Miss, he said neither game would be a problem, but if he HAD to pick one he'd say the LSU game. Said MSU had no chance of beating Ole Miss -- even after John reminded him that the home team almost always wins...

I mean he's entitled to his opinion on the season record, and I guess his 6-6 prediction makes sense given he picked us last in the SEC West, but his justifications are terrible and do not make sense.

This pretty much seals it for me that we will win at least 8. This guy is never right. EVER.

Lloyd Christmas
08-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Sallee is your typical fan of Auburn, Bammer, or LSU that just can't yet get their brain wrapped around the fact that Mullen does things a little differently and it works at State. He and those like him are still trapped in the "it's just State and they always suck" mentality

THIS. It's been very interesting to watch all the other SEC teams be unanimous in their hatred for State. The reason for this (as stated above) is that it's much more comforting to think that State will suck and be an easy win rather than yet another rough SEC game.

Shooter McGavin
08-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Dari Nowkhah made a similar prediction when he was filling in for Pawwwwwl this summer. But replace UM with Arkansas as the team going 10-2. Will be great when they are proven wrong.

starkvegasdawg
08-12-2015, 09:13 AM
This pretty much seals it for me that we will win at least 8. This guy is never right. EVER.

I love on your signature gif how JRob just throws down #15 with one arm in that first tackle he breaks.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-12-2015, 09:16 AM

Liverpooldawg
08-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Who cares about preseason prognostications? The only argument anyone ever had that you needed to be ranked preseason was you had to be to reach the upper tier of the polls. We destroyed that one last year. Just win and that takes care of itself. I can see why people are picking us low. I can also see why we think they are wrong. It will play out on the field so it doesn't really matter right now.

Boodawg
08-12-2015, 09:37 AM
He also said UNM won't have any problems rolling over MSU. That was the stupidest statement he made. No matter how bad the home team is, it's always a battle for the visitor when we play each other.

DancingRabbit
08-12-2015, 09:37 AM
I really think a State graduation broke his heart at one point and he's just not over it.

He's an Auburn fan. He hates Dan and Megan for speaking the truth about Cam's recruitment. His life mission is now to troll State fans.

BulldogBear
08-12-2015, 09:47 AM

This lol

maroonmania
08-12-2015, 10:28 AM

Sallee has a pretty deep tie to Auburn. May have even gone to school there (can't remember). But there is no doubt he has a heavy anti-MSU bias and I believe it mostly comes from the whole Cam Newton ordeal.

DancingRabbit
08-12-2015, 11:14 AM
Sallee has a pretty deep tie to Auburn. May have even gone to school there (can't remember). But there is no doubt he has a heavy anti-MSU bias and I believe it mostly comes from the whole Cam Newton ordeal.

He definitely attended Auburn.

beretta
08-12-2015, 11:17 AM
here's the thing with BS.....he gets you guys rolling like UM fans....he KNOWS it gets under your skin, so he purposely does it....SNIDE remarks turned into a guy who has a website and to generate hits.....

his predictions suck, always have....and he picks on the best fan base in america to get his name on twitter and his website clicks......some of our fanbase needs to be purged....but you have to give BS credit....he knows marketing.....I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes

maroonmania
08-12-2015, 11:40 AM
here's the thing with BS.....he gets you guys rolling like UM fans....he KNOWS it gets under your skin, so he purposely does it....SNIDE remarks turned into a guy who has a website and to generate hits.....

his predictions suck, always have....and he picks on the best fan base in america to get his name on twitter and his website clicks......some of our fanbase needs to be purged....but you have to give BS credit....he knows marketing.....I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes

Nah, I think he really believes this stuff. If he just wanted to generate traffic then he would be predicting Bama to go 8-4 or so and then you would bring out every gump in every trailer park to get a click and have a response. Of course if he did that to Bama everyone would make a big deal about it, by picking MSU to go 6-6 and then we finish with 8-9 wins or more he won't get any backlash at all.

FlabLoser
08-12-2015, 12:03 PM
Nah, I think he really believes this stuff. If he just wanted to generate traffic then he would be predicting Bama to go 8-4 or so and then you would bring out every gump in every trailer park to get a click and have a response. Of course if he did that to Bama everyone would make a big deal about it, by picking MSU to go 6-6 and then we finish with 8-9 wins or more he won't get any backlash at all.

Meh. He gives his the biggest fanbases what they want to hear, and uses the rest to create controversy.

BulldogBear
08-12-2015, 12:24 PM
The last time we finished last in the SECW was Dan's first year 2009 and even that was at 3-5 and losing tie breakers to 2 others (Arky and Aubie) with the same 3-5 record. Since then:

2010: 5th of 6
2011: 5th of 6
2012: 4th of 7
2013: 5th of 7
2014: 2nd of 7

ALL five years ahead of Ole Miss. That's not stellar by any means but we very consistently do not finish last, which what are predicted by at least one of the main entities each year and by a majority at least every other year. They do it because they WANT us to finish last. And NMU is all about perception. They and their army of sports media types that have some kind of little known connection to Ole Miss, try very hard to create some kind of perception that Ole Miss is a blueblood right there with UGA, LSU and ALA as peers and it's just so not the case. We do it our way and they do it theirs. I think that theirs is a bubble that will burst one day and ours is more reliable.

maroonmania
08-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Meh. He gives his the biggest fanbases what they want to hear, and uses the rest to create controversy.

Exactly, creating controversy with the smaller fanbases doesn't generate near the traffic as it would with the so called "big boys". And he obviously isn't going to pick EVERYONE in the division to win 9 to 10 games so I actually think he believes this stuff or at least hopes that MSU is more like a 6-6 type team. He does have an anti-MSU bias but I don't think he picks us to be mediocre to bad just to create controversy when he really thinks we will be very good. He just really has no respect for our program.

Saltydog
08-12-2015, 12:57 PM
completley overwhlemed. 1st SEC start ever would be tough even if it was at home against any SEC team (sans Vandy) but for your first SEC start to be on the road in Tuscaloosa is almost cruel and unusual punishment. His head will explode because we know that Bama D is going to be very, very good and Kelly has a short fuse. I'm looking very much forward to it.

MedDawg
08-12-2015, 02:11 PM
These 6-6 projections are so stupid. Even those writers who acknowledge that we return talented non-starters with experience will then follow up with "But they don't have anyone to back up THOSE players, so they have no depth".

What the hell? Do we only have 50 scholarship players? We have backups like everyone else. In fact, those backups are some of our highest-rated recruits in recent years.

MSUDawg99
08-12-2015, 05:38 PM

He's an AUB grad. He's not over the $Cam Newton deal.

Coackjek
08-12-2015, 10:08 PM
I love on your signature gif how JRob just throws down #15 with one arm in that first tackle he breaks.

Agreed! The only reason he doesn't get thrown the second time on the assisted tackle is because JRob is covering the ball. That run still amazes me.

messageboardsuperhero
08-12-2015, 10:17 PM
If Dak stays healthy and we still only win six games or fewer, then I will ban myself from posting about football until the start of the 2016 season.

BulldogBear
08-12-2015, 11:37 PM
If Dak stays healthy and we still only win six games or fewer, then I will ban myself from posting about football until the start of the 2016 season.
No point posting about 2016 anyway.*******

Well be losing DP so all these summer 6-6 predictions will surely become 0-12 this time next year!