PDA

View Full Version : New asst baseball coach announced

MsStateBaseball
08-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Is will Coggin. I didn't know there was an opening.

godlluB
08-11-2015, 03:01 PM
please be a hitting coach, please be a hitting coach

bulldogcountry1
08-11-2015, 03:11 PM
http://sjrvikings.com/biocoggin.html

MsStateBaseball
08-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Replaces Zach Dillon who lasted one year.

Coach34
08-11-2015, 04:05 PM
please be a hitting coach, please be a hitting coach

Our hitting coach ouch is and will always be Cohen until he leaves

bulldogcountry1
08-11-2015, 04:11 PM
I knew all along that Zach Dillon was to blame for that embarrassment!

Glad we were able to get the corrected.

Todd4State
08-11-2015, 04:16 PM
I like hiring Coggin. I think he is a better fit for us than Dillon was. I also like the fact that he has experience coaching third base.

Dawg61
08-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Our hitting coach ouch is and will always be Cohen until he leaves

That's the problem

Homedawg
08-11-2015, 06:07 PM
That's the problem

Please limit yourself to posting about things you know about- terrorist, and basketball, shit, you don't know shit about those either. But congrats, you have sealed up the biggest dipshit by a huge margin. Congrats.

Dawg61
08-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Please limit yourself to posting about things you know about- terrorist, and basketball, shit, you don't know shit about those either. But congrats, you have sealed up the biggest dipshit by a huge margin. Congrats.

Hi Homodawg. I forgot you existed. Like usual.

I seen it dawg
08-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Is will Coggin. I didn't know there was an opening.

Damn man Cohen has really frozen you out

Homedawg
08-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Hi Homodawg. I forgot you existed. Like usual.

Glad school is back in- maybe the principal will take your phone up again.

preachermatt83
08-11-2015, 07:50 PM
We stealing coaches from junior high teams now!! Boom! We getting serious with it now!!***!! #WhereIsStJohnsRiverCollege

Dawg61
08-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Glad school is back in- maybe the principal will take your phone up again.

Maybe Cohen will take his di(k out your as$ when he gets fired in two years

coastratdog
08-11-2015, 08:08 PM
We stealing coaches from junior high teams now!! Boom! We getting serious with it now!!***!! #WhereIsStJohnsRiverCollege

SJR has become a top tier JC in Fla. this brings a guy who could help recruit central Florida which by itself has more talent than the entire state of Miss. I think this is a great move by Cohen.

Homedawg
08-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Maybe Cohen will take his di(k out your as$ when he gets fired in two years

Well we can just wager on it, if he gets fired in the next two years, I won't ever post again. If he doesn't, you don't. And I mean ever for either of us, no new name just gone, no more posting. You in???

Dawg61
08-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Well we can just wager on it, if he gets fired in the next two years, I won't ever post again. If he doesn't, you don't. And I mean ever for either of us, no new name just gone, no more posting. You in???

No. But let's just assume I win and you can do that starting 2 minutes ago. Bye bye Homedawg you won't be missed

Homedawg
08-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Figures chicken shit....just keep running that pie hole....

godlluB
08-11-2015, 08:42 PM
No. But let's just assume I win and you can do that starting 2 minutes ago. Bye bye Homedawg you won't be missed

Would you two ladies please take your cat fight somewhere else?

Todd4State
08-11-2015, 09:10 PM
SJR has become a top tier JC in Fla. this brings a guy who could help recruit central Florida which by itself has more talent than the entire state of Miss. I think this is a great move by Cohen.

Coggin has a lot of connections in Mississippi as well. His Dad is a baseball coach if I'm not mistaken.

St. John's JC is where we got Nate Lowe from.

Todd4State
08-11-2015, 09:13 PM
And not to get into a pissing match- but Homedawg is right in this case. Our problem last year wasn't our offense. It was our pitching.

If you look at the stats and had to fire one of the two between Butch and Cohen- objectively it would have been Butch. Cohen is always going to have to deal with his detractors as long as he isn't Ron Polk or Tommy Raffo. Even if he leads us to Omaha again.

MsStateBaseball
08-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Next year is it for Cohen. But by the look of things, we will be better, we will win more. But we desperately need 2 things: a regular season SEC championship or NC. Doing the same old thing is not good enough anymore.

blacklistedbully
08-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Y'all do know he was also a 2nd baseman for Dear Old State in 2007 and 2008, right?

RAYn_Man
08-11-2015, 10:18 PM
He was also on our staff just 4 years ago too.

BeardoMSU
08-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Next year is it for Cohen. But by the look of things, we will be better, we will win more. But we desperately need 2 things: a regular season SEC championship or NC. Doing the same old thing is not good enough anymore.

We host a regional and/or make a trip to Omaha, and I'd be happy.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Assistant Coach Will Coggin
Will Coggin is in his third year on the SJR State coaching staff as an assistant coach. He serves as the hitting
and third base coach while also working with the Viking infielders and serving as the recruiting coordinator.
Coggin comes to SJR State via Mississippi. During his playing career, he was a two-time All-State shortstop
at Booneville High School and an All-State shortstop at Northeast Mississippi Community College. He continued
his playing career at Mississippi State University, where he played for two years (2007 and 2008) under legendary
college baseball coach Ron Polk. Coggin was a member of the 2007 Bulldog team that played in the College World
Series in Omaha, Nebraska.
After his playing career ended, he assisted the MSU baseball staff with scouting, video analysis and coordinating
baseball camps. He worked under two current head coaches, MSU?s John Cohen, who is regarded by many
as one of the most innovative coaches in collegiate baseball, and Lane Burroughs, current head coach at Northwestern
State University (LA). While on staff, Coggin was part of two regional, one super-regional, and an SEC
tournament championship team.
During Coggin?s time at SJR State, the Vikings have accumulated a 75-32 overall record and a 38-10 overall record in the Mid-Florida Conference
and won back-to-back Mid-Florida Conference Championships.
Coggin earned his bachelor?s degree in Kinesiology in 2009 and a master?s degree in Sports Administration in 2012 from Mississippi State
University.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-11-2015, 10:49 PM
Pat McMahon was also an alumnus of SJRJC. I want to say that Polk used to get a few players from there during his early years at MSU.

MsStateBaseball
08-11-2015, 11:00 PM
junior college players are a staple with us. There are some very talented players you can get from there but get too many, like last year, and they flop.

Shooter McGavin
08-12-2015, 09:15 AM
I know Will well and he will do a fine job. One of the hardest workers I've ever met.

MsStateBaseball
08-12-2015, 09:24 AM
In the official release, Cohen emphasises Wills offense knowledge, etc. He needs to change what happened last year for sure.

berr6728
08-13-2015, 12:58 PM
his dad was a football coach, AD, assistant principal I believe at Boonville high school