PDA

View Full Version : EliteDawgs Official 2015 MSU Season Prediction Thread

CadaverDawg
08-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Alright boys, it's that time of year. Time to predict how the season will turn out. This is where guys like preachermatt can look like psychics, and others can look like psychos. So let's have em, your picks for how the season will turn out. May the wool groweth amongst you....

Give a "Win" or "Loss" by each game, and a score if you so desire. Along with your overall record and SEC record.

Overall:
SEC:

*Home games are bolded

USM
LSU
Northwestern State
Auburn
Texas A&M
Troy
Louisiana Tech
Kentucky
Missouri
Alabama
Arkansas
Ole Miss

Maroon_and_white
08-11-2015, 10:00 AM
Overall: 9-3
SEC: 5-3

USM-W
LSU-W
Northwestern State-W
Auburn-L
Texas A&M-L
Troy-W
Louisiana Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Missouri-W
Alabama-W
Arkansas-L
Ole Miss-W

Edit to add context:

I think that this years team will need more of a learning curve at the beginning of the year than we did last year since last year we started the year with so much experience all over the field. I see this team peaking later in the year and by the end of the year, I think we could possibly beat anyone in the country if we're healthy, but it's a 12 game season. I think we take care of business at home this year, but it's just so hard to win on the road in the SEC.

AROB44
08-11-2015, 10:04 AM

USM-W
LSU-W
Northwestern State-W
Auburn-L
Texas A&M-W
Troy-W
Louisiana Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Missouri-L
Alabama-W
Arkansas-L
Ole Miss-W

scottycameron
08-11-2015, 10:05 AM
W
W
W
L
W
W
W
W
W
L
W
W
10-2, 6-2. Not super confident about road games, Mizzou, Ark, and Tam, and OM worries me even tho home team always wins the EB. On the other hand not confident in AU or bama beating us either. Split the difference 9-3, 5-3 is probably right where it falls. I'd bet on that.

scottycameron
08-11-2015, 10:06 AM
looks 9-3, 5-3 is on everybody's mind, LOL.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-11-2015, 10:08 AM
10-2
6-2

W- USM
W- LSU
W- Northwestern State
L- Auburn
W- Texas A&M
W- Troy
W- Louisiana Tech
W- Kentucky
W- Missouri
W- Alabama
L- Arkansas
W- Ole Miss

drummerdawg
08-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Overall 9-3
SEC 5-3

USM-W
LSU-L
Northwestern State-W
Auburn-L
Texas A&M-W
Troy-W
Louisiana Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Missouri-W
Alabama-W
Arkansas-L
Ole Miss-W

blacklistedbully
08-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Alright boys, it's that time of year. Time to predict how the season will turn out. This is where guys like preachermatt can look like psychics, and others can look like psychos. So let's have em, your picks for how the season will turn out. May the wool groweth amongst you....

Give a "Win" or "Loss" by each game, and a score if you so desire. Along with your overall record and SEC record.

Overall:
SEC:

*Home games are bolded

USM
LSU
Northwestern State
Auburn
Texas A&M
Troy
Louisiana Tech
Kentucky
Missouri
Alabama
Arkansas
Ole Miss

Am I gonna get credit this time? Last year I was saying 9 wins or less would be a crime, and that Mullen should be run-outta-town-on-a-rail if he won 8 or less.

USM - win
LSU - win
NW State - win
Auburn - win
TAMU - win
Troy - win
LT - win
UK - win
Mo - win
Bama - win
UPig - win
UNM - win

Since you are not allowing toss-ups, I have wins in all games, as I see no need to pick any specific game as a loss. That said, I think @ Auburn, @ TAMU are going to be potential losses, and if Bama finds a QB like they did with Simms last year, they could also be a potential loss.

Auburn is pretty much always a tough game for us. Malzahn is the real deal. Adding Muschamp to that staff could be big.

TAMU will probably still not be very good on defense, but it's at College Station and it could become a shootout.

Bama is gonna Bama, Saban is gonna Saban. They will be physical, well-coached, and if we are both still vying for the SEC West at game-time, they will be the one used to big games.

So, as far as overall record, though I consider each game one we should win, I acknowledge there may well be a game or 2 where we screw-the-pooch, or get shafted, or lose to a team that is nearly as good as I expect us to be, and either proves to be a little better, a little healthier, a little luckier, or some combination. 9-3 should be a minimum expectation, 12-0 within the realm of possibility if we play our best vs LSU, Auburn, TAMU, & Bama, and limit our mistakes vs Mo, UK, UPig and UNM. Optimist in me says 11-1 (7-1), pessimist says 9-3 (5-3), so I'll split the diff and go with 10-2 (6-2) regular season with a win in one of the big bowls to finish 11-2 and in the Top 5.

ETA - I will be in Vegas next month, and plan to place a bet for us to win the SECW, one to win the SEC, and another to win the NC.

paco
08-11-2015, 10:37 AM
USM - Win
LSU - Win
Northwestern State - Win
Auburn - Lose
Texas A&M - Win
Troy - Win
Louisiana Tech - Win
Kentucky - Win
Missouri - Win
Alabama - Win
Arkansas - Win
Ole Miss - Lose

10-2
6-2

MzTerry
08-11-2015, 10:42 AM

Overall:
SEC:

*Home games are bolded

USM W
LSU W
Northwestern State W
Auburn L
Texas A&M W
Troy W
Louisiana Tech W
Kentucky W
Missouri L
Alabama W
Arkansas W
Ole Miss W

10-2
6-2 SEC

I think we could take Auburn at home but that they are too much on the road. I think we fall asleep at either Mizzou or Arkansas (I chose Mizzou b/c it's first and a new atmosphere/new opponent); therefore, I think if we end up beating Mizzou then I think we'll lose to Arkansas. I know it's tough to fall asleep if you've only lost one game and are in the hunt for the Nat'l title, so maybe "fall asleep" isn't the right phrase - I just think we don't come ready to play in one or both of those games, and/but only lose one of the two.

I think LSU is MUST WIN - if we lose that game then lose to A&M our season may fall apart. I think if/when we beat LSU that the A&M game our swing game to determine whether we gain momentum and confidence and end up 11-1/10-2 or whether we end up w/ a mediocre 7-5/8-4.

TrueMaroon
08-11-2015, 10:54 AM
10-2. Mullen beats Bama this year.

USM-W
LSU-W
Northwestern State-W
Auburn-L
Texas A&M-W
Troy-W
Louisiana Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Missouri-W
Alabama-W
Arkansas-L
Ole Miss-W

LC Dawg
08-11-2015, 10:55 AM
We've got the talent to win all of our games so I can't make myself pick any particular game that we will lose.

15-0

dawgwood
08-11-2015, 11:00 AM
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
the last time Dan Mullin operated with this many weapons on offense he,led Florida to the national championship,. I think we got wat it takes. Championship run.

BrunswickDawg
08-11-2015, 11:01 AM
15-0
I say we win the whole ****ing thing

http://youtu.be/tCxkEPlVLzs

CadaverDawg
08-11-2015, 11:02 AM
Am I gonna get credit this time? Last year I was saying 9 wins or less would be a crime, and that Mullen should be run-outta-town-on-a-rail if he won 8 or less.

USM - win
LSU - win
NW State - win
Auburn - win
TAMU - win
Troy - win
LT - win
UK - win
Mo - win
Bama - win
UPig - win
UNM - win

Since you are not allowing toss-ups, I have wins in all games, as I see no need to pick any specific game as a loss. That said, I think @ Auburn, @ TAMU are going to be potential losses, and if Bama finds a QB like they did with Simms last year, they could also be a potential loss.

Auburn is pretty much always a tough game for us. Malzahn is the real deal. Adding Muschamp to that staff could be big.

TAMU will probably still not be very good on defense, but it's at College Station and it could become a shootout.

Bama is gonna Bama, Saban is gonna Saban. They will be physical, well-coached, and if we are both still vying for the SEC West at game-time, they will be the one used to big games.

So, as far as overall record, though I consider each game one we should win, I acknowledge there may well be a game or 2 where we screw-the-pooch, or get shafted, or lose to a team that is nearly as good as I expect us to be, and either proves to be a little better, a little healthier, a little luckier, or some combination. 9-3 should be a minimum expectation, 12-0 within the realm of possibility if we play our best vs LSU, Auburn, TAMU, & Bama, and limit our mistakes vs Mo, UK, UPig and UNM. Optimist in me says 11-1 (7-1), pessimist says 9-3 (5-3), so I'll split the diff and go with 10-2 (6-2) regular season with a win in one of the big bowls to finish 11-2 and in the Top 5.

ETA - I will be in Vegas next month, and plan to place a bet for us to win the SECW, one to win the SEC, and another to win the NC.

If you didn't get credit last year, it may have been because you predicted every record between 9-3 and 12-0 like you did this year. Ha

CadaverDawg
08-11-2015, 11:08 AM
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
the last time Dan Mullin operated with this many weapons on offense he,led Florida to the national championship,. I think we got wat it takes. Championship run.

http://m.memegen.com/6pnvq1.jpg

PMDawg
08-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Man, I will be hated. I'm more in the 7-5 or 8-4 camp.
USM - W
LSU - W
NWS - W
Auburn - L (too tough on road - they're dirty)
TAMU - I say L b/c it's on the road. But I am predicting an L here and at Mizzou. Honestly I have no clue on these 2 games. could see anywhere from 0-2 to 2-0, but since they are on the road I lean to 0-2 or 1-1
Troy - W
LT - Win, but a tough game
UK - W
MZ - L (see TAMU)
Bama - L
Ark - L (another super tough road game)
UNM - W

ETA - This isn't an indictment on us, just more the SECW is really good and the odd year schedules are tougher to navigate. Plus I worry about OL & DL depth. Starters are fine, depth is a concern. If we solidify depth in the next month, then I'm right with the 9-3 or 10-2 crowd.

Dawg Corps
08-11-2015, 11:21 AM
How dare anyone bring logic into these predictions.

RoverDog
08-11-2015, 11:25 AM
10-2 overall
6-2 SEC

USM -- W
LSU -- W
Northwestern State -- W
Auburn -- L (The Plains black voodoo magic will trip us up)
Texas A&M -- W
Troy -- W
Louisiana Tech -- W
Kentucky -- W
Missouri -- L (Bothers me because we haven't been there & will probably be butt ass cold...also looking ahead to Bama)
Alabama -- W (Gotta happen sometime)
Arkansas -- W (Too many losses for Ark on D)
Ole Miss -- W

If we beat Bama, I think we win out, but @Mizz right before Bama scares me. I think we are better than Auburn, but can't rule out their second-to-none home field advantage. Egg usually stays with the home team. Not sure what to make of A&M this year, but can't pick us to lose after the curb-stomping we gave them at DW last year.

Rayburn8
08-11-2015, 11:26 AM
9-3, 5-3.
USM-W
LSU-W
NW St-W
AU-L
Texas A&M-W
Troy-W
La Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Mizzou-L
Bama-W
Arky-L
UNM-W

CadaverDawg
08-11-2015, 11:29 AM
USM - W
LSU - W
NWS - W
TAMU - I say L b/c it's on the road. But I am predicting an L here and at Mizzou. Honestly I have no clue on these 2 games. could see anywhere from 0-2 to 2-0, but since they are on the road I lean to 0-2 or 1-1
Troy - W
UK - W
MZ - L (see TAMU)
Bama - L
UNM - W

ETA - This isn't an indictment on us, just more the SECW is really good and the odd year schedules are tougher to navigate. Plus I worry about OL & DL depth. Starters are fine, depth is a concern. If we solidify depth in the next month, then I'm right with the 9-3 or 10-2 crowd.

I've got to agree with PM. I think our fans expectations are too high due to last season. Our DL depth scares me, and Mullen's lack of preparation in big games down the stretch worries me. As teams see what you're successful at early on, and gameplan for them, you have to be able to make quick adjustments and I haven't seen that from him.

Here's my prediction...

USM W
LSU W
NWS W
AUBURN L
A&M L
Troy W
La Tech W
Kentucky W
Mizzou W
Bama L
Arkansas L
Ole Miss W

Overall: 8-4
SEC: (4-4)

I think we win 1 road SEC game, and I think it will either be A&M or Mizzou. I think we lose 1 home SEC game, and unfortunately that's Bama. Lord help us if we lose at home to OM and finish the year on a 3 to 4 game skid. I just think our lack of depth at DL will rear it's head late in the year, right when the toughest stretch starts. Hopefully I'm wrong. I could easily see anywhere from 7-9 wins, but I think 10+ is setting too high of expectations after losing some key leadership from last year.

GreenheadDawg
08-11-2015, 11:29 AM
USM - W
LSU - W
NWS - W
Troy - W
UK - W
MZ - L (see TAMU)
Bama - L
UNM - W

I will be glad to put a large bet that we don't go 7-5. Wanna take it?

blacklistedbully
08-11-2015, 11:41 AM
If you didn't get credit last year, it may have been because you predicted every record between 9-3 and 12-0 like you did this year. Ha

Very funny. What I said was, anything less than 9 wins should be considered a big disappointment, and that I thought we would contend for the SECW and the SEC, and that if we did that, we'd be in the NC hunt. My actual prediction was 10 minimum with 11 very likely.

mstatefan91
08-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2 is my prediction. Just depends how we do on the road..

hailmari
08-11-2015, 11:56 AM
USM - Win
LSU - Win
Northwestern State - Win
Auburn - Lose
Texas A&M - Lose
Troy - Win
Louisiana Tech - Win
Kentucky - Win
Missouri - Win
Alabama - Win
Arkansas - Lose
Ole Miss - Win

9-3
5-3

New defense struggles a bit early on against those rapid fire offenses but ends strong despite struggling against Ark after beating Bama. I'm honestly not scared of Ark, I'm not buying the hype. I just think that's such a tough stretch, cold & physical game, emotional high after Bama, and I need confidence that Nick James can play the majority of a game at a high level and be the space eater we'll need against Beliema.

TrapGame
08-11-2015, 11:57 AM

USM W
LSU W
Northwestern State W
Auburn L
Texas A&M W
Troy W
Louisiana Tech W
Kentucky W
Missouri W
Alabama L
Arkansas L
Ole Miss W

mic
08-11-2015, 12:08 PM
4-0 NC
4-0 SEC at home
Have to somehow go 2-2 on the road
And Hope we win the tiebreaker for the west
I don't think any team in west goes 7-1

TopWaterDog
08-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Losses to auburn, arky and maybe Bama. However, if Bama hiccups against either wiscy or the bears then lose to Georgia I think they fold the rest of the year and lose to us and auburn. Saban then leaves after going 8-4 and we finish 2nd in the west AGAIN and the mullen to Bama rumors begin. Of course, he stays and we can say our coach turned down the Bama coaching job and everyone else's head will explode

Coach34
08-11-2015, 12:21 PM
11-1...loss to UPig after upsetting Bammer

We have the best QB in the SEC- that's huge
We have one of the SEC's best WR groups
We ALWAYS #RTGDF no matter what year it is
We have a really good starting DL
We have one of the 3 best LB groups in the SEC
We may have the best CB tandem in the SEC

We are a good football team folks

preachermatt83
08-11-2015, 12:30 PM
why is everyone so dang high on ARKY??? They lost any player of any substance on defense... Stop listening to the talking heads..

Overall:10-2
SEC:6-2

USM-w
LSU-w
Northwestern State-w
Auburn-L
Texas A&M--w
Troy- w
Louisiana Tech-w
Kentucky--w
Missouri- w
Alabama- L
Arkansas- w
Ole Miss- w

preachermatt83
08-11-2015, 12:36 PM
and for you guys down on OM, I hate them worse than anyone but don't let your hate deceive you, They will be the real deal... Especially on d.. Look for the EB to b a battle of 9-2 teams

maroonmania
08-11-2015, 12:39 PM
This is mine in which I agree with some others:

USM W
LSU W
NWS W
AUBURN L
A&M L
Troy W
La Tech W
Kentucky W
Mizzou W
Bama L
Arkansas L
Ole Miss W

SEC: (4-4)

CadaverDawg
08-11-2015, 12:46 PM

No doubt we're "a good team"....problem is, this is a "great" league. Good isn't going to get us to 11-1...we'll have to be great. Not saying it isn't possible...but we lost a lot of leadership for tough road games in this league. But so did everyone else, so...

WPS
08-11-2015, 12:47 PM
why is everyone so dang high on ARKY??? They lost any player of any substance on defense.

Not everyone.

DT Taiwan Johnson returns after getting 4.5 sacks last year playing behind Philon
LB Brooks Ellis was 2nd on the team in tackles last year
CB Jared Collins tied for the SEC lead in pass breakups last year
CB DJ Dean was recently named a top 10 corner in college football by pro football focus
CB Henre Toliver returns after holding Amari Cooper to his lowest output of the season as a true freshman last year

The secondary will be very good

maroonmania
08-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Not everyone.

DT Taiwan Johnson returns after getting 4.5 sacks last year playing behind Philon
LB Brooks Ellis was 2nd on the team in tackles last year
CB Jared Collins tied for the SEC lead in pass breakups last year
CB DJ Dean was recently named a top 10 corner in college football by pro football focus
CB Henre Toliver returns after holding Amari Cooper to his lowest output of the season as a true freshman last year

The secondary will be very good

I'm not that high on them. If we weren't playing them in between Bama and OM I would predict we would beat them even on the road. But playing them between our 2 biggest rivals is terrible and has always been terrible. Took us OT to beat one on the worst Arkansas teams in recent memory up there because of playing them in that spot.

CadaverDawg
08-11-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm not that high on them. If we weren't playing them in between Bama and OM I would predict we would beat them even on the road. But playing them between our 2 biggest rivals is terrible and has always been terrible. Took us OT to beat one on the worst Arkansas teams in recent memory up there because of playing them in that spot.

This^

preachermatt83
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/52978144.jpg

1bigdawg

I agree, except I think Auburn is the most likely loss. We get by them, we have a real chance at all of them

Covercorner2
08-11-2015, 12:58 PM
We are better than Arkansas at every position group outside of RB and OL, and I am not worried about either one of those positions. Arkansas is the least of my worries. They aren't sneaking up on anyone this year.

RealHastings
08-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Overall: 11-1
SEC: 7-1

USM - W
LSU - W (No qb, they could finish last in west)
Northwestern State - W
Auburn - L (revenge game for them; our only loss)
Texas A&M - W (still a year or 2 away)
Troy - W
Louisiana Tech - W
Kentucky - W
Missouri - W (will be a good game but I see them dropping off a lot this year)
Alabama - W (this is the year we get over the hump. No returning starters on offense. Wont be able to contain Dak and our WRs)
Arkansas - W (everyone thinks we lose this game. Im not buying the woopig hype at all. We win and win big)
Ole Miss - W (No qb, O-line sux, small rbs, and key players coming off injuries. Home team always wins EB)

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Overall: 10-2
SEC: 6-2

USM - W
LSU - W
Northwestern State - W
Auburn - W
Texas A&M - L
Troy - W
Louisiana Tech - W
Kentucky - W
Missouri - W
Alabama - W
Arkansas - L
Ole Miss - W

Gonna be hard to get up for TAM & ARK after beating AUB & ALA in the two games that ultimately decide the West.

WPS
08-11-2015, 01:19 PM
We are better than Arkansas at every position group outside of RB and OL, and I am not worried about either one of those positions. Arkansas is the least of my worries. They aren't sneaking up on anyone this year.

Since the offenses are so different it's not really fair to not count TEs but I think the Arkansas TE group could be one of the best in the conference. Don't know enough about your DL outside of Chris Jones but we will go 10 deep there. We have to replace Spaight at LB while you lost McKinney and Wells. Both secondaries should be solid but I'll give State the edge there.

TrapGame
08-11-2015, 01:32 PM
and for you guys down on OM, I hate them worse than anyone but don't let your hate deceive you, They will be the real deal... Especially on d.. Look for the EB to b a battle of 9-2 teams

Losing Tom Allen to FIU may have set their D back. It's amazing Wommack's defenses for twenty years were limp and average but Tom Allen comes on at Arky State and all of a sudden Wommack's a defensive guru. Just my theory but I'm riding it all the way.

DancingRabbit
08-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Between the unknowns at MSU and the unknowns around the SEC, especially the SECW, it's hard to predict the season with any confidence.

I'm going to go against the grain a little and say we get a win at Auburn. They only return one skill player on offense and that player doesn't seem to be a happy camper. Going to aTm after a hard-fought win over AU worries me a little. That could be a high-scoring shootout and we come up short.

The Thursday night game at Missouri is a little concerning but with their talent losses and having the bye week prior (they do too) I think we win. If we don't lose any DL to injury I think we pull out a win over Bama. I think we're better than the Hogs but where the game falls I'll call that a loss. Dak doesn't lose to the Rebs at home.

Assuming no injuries to key players, I think we go:

10-2
6-2

USM - Win
LSU - Win
Northwestern State - Win
Auburn - Win
Texas A&M - Lose
Troy - Win
Louisiana Tech - Win
Kentucky - Win
Missouri - Win
Alabama - Win
Arkansas - Lose
Ole Miss - Win

DancingRabbit
08-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Losses to auburn, arky and maybe Bama. However, if Bama hiccups against either wiscy or the bears then lose to Georgia I think they fold the rest of the year and lose to us and auburn. Saban then leaves after going 8-4 and we finish 2nd in the west AGAIN and the mullen to Bama rumors begin. Of course, he stays and we can say our coach turned down the Bama coaching job and everyone else's head will explode

Georgia is the only SEC team I worry about. I hope Richt stays there for another 10 years.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-11-2015, 01:46 PM
I don't know if it's the state fan in me or what, but I agree like a previous poster, this won't be popular:
USM-W
LSU-L (When was the last time we won 2 straight?)
Northwestern State-W
Auburn-L (At Auburn is too much to overcome, seems there's always something strange that happens over there, i.e. headsets)
Texas A&M-W
Troy-W
Louisiana Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Missouri-W
Alabama-L (conservative coaches)
Arkansas-W
Ole Miss-L

Funny, a couple years ago I would've been excited about 8-4, 4-4.

Dawg496
08-11-2015, 01:46 PM
11-1.. after September 12, LSU is our best friend.

The loss comes at Auburn or at Arkansas, haven't decided yet. Also at A&M is another possibility. We don't lose any home games and we don't lose at Southern Miss. If we beat win at Auburn, all bets are off and we could run the table.

The question is, who will we play in the SEC Championship?

HancockCountyDog
08-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Overall: 11-1
SEC:7-1

*Home games are bolded

USM W
LSU W
Northwestern StateW
Auburn W
Texas A&M W
Troy W
Louisiana TechW
KentuckyW
Missouri W
Alabama W
Arkansas L
Ole Miss W

I had AU as an L until Duke Williams decided to pick a fight with the entire AU campus.

If not now, then when?

PMDawg
08-11-2015, 02:27 PM
I will be glad to put a large bet that we don't go 7-5. Wanna take it?

So anything other than 7-5 and you win?

Coach34
08-11-2015, 04:00 PM
No doubt we're "a good team"....problem is, this is a "great" league. Good isn't going to get us to 11-1...we'll have to be great. Not saying it isn't possible...but we lost a lot of leadership for tough road games in this league. But so did everyone else, so...

I'm not so sure the West will be "great".

Is A&M suddenly going to good on defense? They were awful last year and lost half their starters
Is LSU suddenly going to get good QB play?
Bama lost a lot on offense and still doesn't have a starting QB
Auburn has a lot of defensive issues for Boom to fix- lost 2 of their 3 starting WR's- with the 3rd not even allowed to practice right now
Ole Missus had a lot of questions on offense- especially QB. And a questionable running game
UPig is solid- but not great

Bullmutt
08-11-2015, 04:47 PM
USM -W
LSU -W
Northwestern State -W
Auburn -L
Texas A&M -W
Troy -W
Louisiana Tech -W
Kentucky -W
Missouri -W
Alabama -W
Arkansas -L
Ole Miss -W

Overall- 10-2
SEC - 6-2

Pollodawg
08-11-2015, 04:50 PM

Is A&M suddenly going to good on defense? They were awful last year and lost half their starters
Auburn has a lot of defensive issues for Boom to fix- lost 2 of their 3 starting WR's- with the 3rd not even allowed to practice right now
Ole Missus had a lot of questions on offense- especially QB. And a questionable running game

Made this exact same point on another site a week or so ago.

Dawgface
08-11-2015, 05:02 PM
USM - W
LSU - W
NWS - W
Troy - W
UK - W
MZ - L (see TAMU)
Bama - L
UNM - W

This. If we lose to LSU........7-5 will be pretty decent. For the record, I under estimated last year by 2 games. Hopefully that will be the case again this year.

CJDAWG85
08-11-2015, 05:17 PM
USM - W
LSU - W
Northwestern State - W
Auburn - L
Texas A&M - W
Troy - W
Louisiana Tech - W
Kentucky - W
Missouri - L
Alabama - W
Arkansas - L
Ole Miss - W

Overall 9-3 (5-3)

cbrunt29
08-11-2015, 05:42 PM
USM - W
LSU - W
Northwestern St. - W
Auburn - W
TAMU - W
Troy - W
LA Tech - W
Kentucky - W
Missouri - L
Alabama - L
Arkansas - W
Ole Miss - W

10-2 (6-2)

mic
08-11-2015, 06:25 PM

AM has by far the best schedule
Home games with bama , Aub, state, USCe.
Neutral game with Arky
Away games at UMiss, LSU, Vandy..

PMDawg
08-11-2015, 06:26 PM
This. If we lose to LSU........7-5 will be pretty decent. For the record, I under estimated last year by 2 games. Hopefully that will be the case again this year.

Yeah I said 9-3 last year so i was under too. I'm hoping for 15-0 but I'm thinking more like 8-4 or 7-5.

BulldogBear
08-11-2015, 06:46 PM
@ Southern Mississippi - W38-7

- Garbage TD late for them or perhaps opening drive. We do just enough. Issue never in doubt at any time but Mullen doesn't showcase Dak too too much in order for.......

LSU - W34-13

- Tiguhs never really get running game going and despite a stand here and there, don't really have an answer for the Dak attack. They never have. There will be no string of video game type catches for them this time.

Northwestern State - W49-3

- Nothing fancy. Just plain old out-talenting someone.

@ Auburn - W30-26

- Good game. Wouldn't be this close if it had been in Starkville. Difference is series of X-factors. That last drive that kills us...sputters this time. Or, if tables are turned, we will not be denied the endzone this time. In short, no magic this year for Aubie. Fugem.

@ Texas A&M - W55-32

- They will scores some as you see, but they are not ready to compete in the SEC again yet. Still not there on defense. Dak Attack will exert it's will even more than last year on Offense. I am not a believer in TAMU. I called it last year and I'm calling it again. They do not have an SEC caliber defense. This will be an a$$ whoopin. The reason it's not worse is Auburn the week before.

Troy - W35-17

This will be the sleepy letdown and a little too close for comfort at times game.

Louisiana Tech - W31-14

Decent team but defense is too much for them.

Kentucky - W40-21

Give us a fight early but pull away late.

@ Missouri - L24-28

Don't like it. Mizzou will have the Thursday night magic for some reason. Probably because I'm there and jinx it somehow by pissing off some local dead Indians wherever I stop to pee on the side of the road in the woods on the way.

Alabama - W24-14

Too many tough games for the Tide this year. No dangerous QB ever really emerges.

@ Arkansas - L 17-26

Game is in a really bad place on the schedule.

Northern Mississippi - W27-12

Turnovers.

10-2, 6-2 SEC (and hopefully somehow win a three way tie breaker and make it too Atlanta)

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Neutral game with Arky
Away games at UMiss, LSU, Vandy..
And they don't leave the state of Texas until October 24th at om. Sumlin better step up.

Covercorner2
08-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Since the offenses are so different it's not really fair to not count TEs but I think the Arkansas TE group could be one of the best in the conference. Don't know enough about your DL outside of Chris Jones but we will go 10 deep there. We have to replace Spaight at LB while you lost McKinney and Wells. Both secondaries should be solid but I'll give State the edge there.

That's fair to include TEs, but I think receivers as a whole is advantage State.

Also, does Arkansas have an All-Conference (1st, 2nd, 3rd or anything) player on defense?

BulldogBear
08-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Neutral game with ArkyAway games at UMiss, LSU, Vandy..
Even so... losses in bold. Until they stop someone, I am not a believer. In some ways they still think they are in the Big12. A lot of hype every frickin year. 99% of it offense. I don't care. I wanna hear about their defense. Oh yeah, there nothing to tell. More of the same for TAMU this year but Arkansas will get them this time.

WPS
08-11-2015, 07:07 PM
That's fair to include TEs, but I think receivers as a whole is advantage State.

Also, does Arkansas have an All-Conference (1st, 2nd, 3rd or anything) player on defense?

Not preseason. Brooks Ellis could be on a list at the end of the year but it's mostly a defense with a lot of good players but no real superstar. Bielema called them the bad news boars lol. Most people didn't know who Spaight and Philon were this time last year either. Our DC does a great job with his scheme and our ball control offense helps the defense out.

I seen it dawg
08-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Do I need to say it. Ohio State won't be so lucky to escape the SEC champion this yr. Dak takes us to promised land.

EngineerDawg
08-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Only a bear would predict a loss to north Mississippi. #fact #truth

sleepy dawg
08-11-2015, 08:55 PM
Overall: 10-2
SEC: 6-2

USM-W
LSU-W
Northwestern State-W
Auburn-L
Texas A&M-W
Troy-W
Louisiana Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Missouri-W
Alabama-L
Arkansas-W
Ole Miss-W

defiantdog
08-11-2015, 09:26 PM
9 - 3

USM - Win
LSU - Win (We catch them before they figure out who's really going to throw the ball this year)
Northwestern State - Win
Auburn - Loss (We only win if we force their 6'4" 240lb toothpick to run the ball - yes, Jeremy Johnson is a toothpick. He couldn't take a hit in high school. What makes people think he can now?)
Texas A&M - Win (They are an extremely up and down team. They beat Auburn at Auburn last year, but followed it up with two losses at home. I think we can outscore them. Plus, I'm not sold on their running game).
Troy - Win
Louisiana Tech - Win
Kentucky - Win (We'll be prepared and ready for them this year).
Missouri - Win (Like A&M, I think we'll out score them).
Alabama - Loss (I don't care if they don't have a qb yet. They just seem to find a way to beat us every year since Mullen has been coach. It's starting to get annoying. This is the one win I really want for our guys).
Arkansas - Loss (I don't think we'll have a chance to get our offense on the field much against them. This may be one of those 20 - 17 losses).
OM - Win (I just don't like OM)

Mjoelner34
08-11-2015, 09:47 PM
SEC: 4-4

USM-W
LSU-W
Northwestern State-W
Auburn-L
Texas A&M-L
Troy-W
Louisiana Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Missouri-L
Alabama-L
Arkansas-W
Ole Miss-W

fishwater99
08-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Overall:9-3
SEC:5-3

*Home games are bolded

USM -W
LSU -W
Northwestern State -W
Auburn -L
Texas A&M -W
Troy -W
Louisiana Tech -W
Kentucky -W
Missouri -L
Alabama -W
Arkansas -L
Ole Miss -W

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Bump for a look back at last year's predictions. It won't be long before the 2016 predictions are to be made, so start thinking about it.

Political Hack
08-03-2016, 02:08 PM

USM-W
LSU-L
Northwestern State-W
Auburn-W
Texas A&M-L
Troy-W
Louisiana Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Missouri-W
Alabama-L
Arkansas-L
Probation Plantation - W

I'm late. Did I get it right?

LC Dawg
08-03-2016, 03:06 PM

USM-W
LSU-L
Northwestern State-W
Auburn-W
Texas A&M-L
Troy-W
Louisiana Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Missouri-W
Alabama-L
Arkansas-L
Probation Plantation - W

I'm late. Did I get it right?

I'm inclined to agree with you but I'm tempted to swap the last two games. This should get us a good mid-level bowl like the Belk Bowl.

Gutter Cobreh
08-03-2016, 03:17 PM
I'm inclined to agree with you but I'm tempted to swap the last two games. This should get us a good mid-level bowl like the Belk Bowl.

You're probably right LC, and if I were a betting man - I'd say we'll be paired up against a mid to low card ACC team like NC State.

If that happens, then WATCH OUT!!! We'll blow the doors off them, even if there is a monsoon hitting Charlotte....

I've known to be wrong before though...

Political Hack
08-03-2016, 03:20 PM
You're probably right LC, and if I were a betting man - I'd say we'll be paired up against a mid to low card ACC team like NC State.

If that happens, then WATCH OUT!!! We'll blow the doors off them, even if there is a monsoon hitting Charlotte....

I've known to be wrong before though...

It's going to be a great year. If Bear and CJ have good enough years to go pro, watch out!

Mjoelner34
08-03-2016, 03:33 PM
It's going to be a great year. If Bear and CJ have good enough years to go pro, watch out!

I bet Bennie Brown leaves too!

ClangaDawg
08-03-2016, 04:20 PM

USM-W
LSU-L
Northwestern State-W
Auburn-W
Texas A&M-W
Troy-W
Louisiana Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Missouri-W
Alabama-L
Arkansas-W
Probation Plantation - L

My heart says we get a win up north, but realistically that is going to be a tough win since the home team normally has the advantage. However, I think that game is a toss up and it could swing our way just as easily. We win that game, and we are looking at a very nice bowl game in my opinion!

Taog Redloh
08-03-2016, 04:43 PM

USM-W
LSU-L
Northwestern State-W
Auburn-W
Texas A&M-W
Troy-W
Louisiana Tech-W
Kentucky-W
Missouri-W
Alabama-L
Arkansas-W
Probation Plantation - L

My heart says we get a win up north, but realistically that is going to be a tough win since the home team normally has the advantage. However, I think that game is a toss up and it could swing our way just as easily. We win that game, and we are looking at a very nice bowl game in my opinion!

^^ This troll just outed himself because he's stupid.

ClangaDawg
08-03-2016, 05:12 PM
^^ This troll just outed himself because he's stupid.

Troll???? Screw you a$$hole!

Gutter Cobreh
08-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Troll???? Screw you a$$hole!

Lightbulb still hasn't gone off for this fella....

Dolphus Raymond
08-03-2016, 08:11 PM
8-4
4-4

I don't know a lot of the "nuts and bolts" about football but my concerns are:
Breaking in a new QB.
O line. More experience but past problems tell me to worry until proven otherwise.
Running game. Was our running game a reflection of O line performance or talent?
I think our defense will be great.

Gutter Cobreh
08-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Should we just start necroing old posts more often to make people actually read what is being written???

confucius say
08-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Close this before more people look stupid

LC Dawg
08-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Close this before more people look stupid

That wouldn't be as much fun.