PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Spring game

Barking 13
08-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Flipping thru the channels yesterday I came across the Auburn spring game, so I watched a bit of it. I have been watching our spring game as well, over and over, looking for individual players, etc. In comparison, I think we are way ahead of them. I know it's just a spring game, but we played cleanly, with purpose, at the same time just having fun. Auburn looked slightly dysfunctional and had it not been for a couple of cupcake passes, their "Heisman lock" didn't look that good to me.. as a matter of fact, Fitz looked better than he did.

Anybody else got any thoughts?

thf24
08-10-2015, 04:00 PM
I haven't watched Jeremy Johnson that much, but I'm not believing the media hype for one second, at least not until the season starts and he gets on the field. Reason being, the press only has one legitimate marquee SEC quarterback to pump right now, and he's not at a school they prefer, so they're going to be reaching more than usual. I think it's more that ESPN wants Johnson to be good at this point than they believe he actually is, because there is no justification based on his body of work thus far for the level of press and praise he's gotten. Same with Josh Dobbs to a lesser extent.

5 Star
08-10-2015, 04:00 PM
I do think people are going to be surprised with our overall talent level. I think most of the places where we lost experience, the replacements are more talented. That's how you build a program. Just hope they gel and don't make a bunch of dumb mistakes.

Way ahead of Auburn though? Not sure I'd go that far. Our only chance of beating them down there is Dak Prescott, and hoping their guy makes some mistakes.

FISHDAWG
08-10-2015, 04:17 PM
I do think people are going to be surprised with our overall talent level. I think most of the places where we lost experience, the replacements are more talented. That's how you build a program. Just hope they gel and don't make a bunch of dumb mistakes.

Way ahead of Auburn though? Not sure I'd go that far. Our only chance of beating them down there is Dak Prescott, and hoping their guy makes some mistakes.

we usually play well against Auburn ... games have typically been pretty close over the last several years (with an exception or two)... the difference now is that we are a cut or two above previous MSU teams with higher expectations .... AU is over hyped because they have had recent success .... I swear we will beat those guys

Thompson92
08-10-2015, 04:33 PM
I'm with fishdawg. We always play well against them, they'll be coming off @LSU (and we'll be coming off NW St.), and I don't understand how they'll be much better than last year. They'll be good but vulnerable, just like us. I think we win a close game.

TrapGame
08-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Damn near had them beat there in '13 before Collins crapped the bed with prevent (kinda like LSU '14, huh?). It's going to be a close game but can Boom stop Dak?