PDA

View Full Version : Regarding this Southern Miss ticket situation

RC3
08-10-2015, 10:28 AM
here is my take and plead to the MSU fanbase

So here is the deal. The southern miss ticket office refuses to sell single game tickets to our game. If you want to buy a ticket through their office for our game, you are going to spend 120.00 plus fees for a season ticket in the upper deck. They are hedging their bets and counting on this game to sell out their stadium for the entire year. I call BS on this. We as a fanbase should refuse to do that for them. If we refuse to buy them ahead of time, and refuse to fall into their ploy to sell their stadium out for the entire year, they will be forced to release single game tickets eventually. When you call their ticket office right now, they put a full court, hard sell on you to go ahead and place the order for the entire year. It was like talking to a telemarketer. So I am urging all of our fans to say NO. It is the principle of the matter.

Jack Lambert
08-10-2015, 10:34 AM
It's going to look funny they sell a record number of season tickets but have a empty stadium all year.

Tbonewannabe
08-10-2015, 10:35 AM
I imagine most people will be able to get a ticket from a scalper for less than that.

HancockCountyDog
08-10-2015, 10:39 AM
I imagine most people will be able to get a ticket from a scalper for less than that.

Good luck finding a scalper at a USM game. They basically drop tickets out of balloons begging people to come watch.

They see an opportunity here to sell 10,000-15,000 at a ridiculous rate. They will end up selling them for 55-60 bucks each and still make close to a million on the game, which will help fund their entire athletics program.

quickstrike2
08-10-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm just going to wait it out and see what price scalpers are selling them. Most of my buddies already have the plan we may not even go in and just enjoy the tailgate. Southern is selling this as a "must watch game" but it certainly isn't.

RC3
08-10-2015, 10:43 AM
I mean I fully understand why they are doing it this way. I am just saying that we shouldn't fall for it; nor should we help them make a few million dollars. Like it or not, we do compete with them for recruits on occasion. I prefer for them to be down and extra revenue can only help their program

MSUDawg99
08-10-2015, 10:46 AM

So here is the deal. The southern miss ticket office refuses to sell single game tickets to our game. If you want to buy a ticket through their office for our game, you are going to spend 120.00 plus fees for a season ticket in the upper deck. They are hedging their bets and counting on this game to sell out their stadium for the entire year. I call BS on this. We as a fanbase should refuse to do that for them. If we refuse to buy them ahead of time, and refuse to fall into their ploy to sell their stadium out for the entire year, they will be forced to release single game tickets eventually. When you call their ticket office right now, they put a full court, hard sell on you to go ahead and place the order for the entire year. It was like talking to a telemarketer. So I am urging all of our fans to say NO. It is the principle of the matter.

I'd agree that they're def not being accommodating & it's strange to me. They stand to make a bunch of money off of our fans but their playing hard ball. HOWEVER, I do know that they are goin to sell single game tix you just have to wait until closer to the game when they open that option up on their website. As of right now, it's not available. It may be as late as the game week itself. I'm going to try that option & then if not, go with the scalper thing. They're just behind the times in technology.

RC3
08-10-2015, 10:48 AM
I'd agree that they're def not being accommodating & it's strange to me. They stand to make a bunch of money off of our fans but their playing hard ball. HOWEVER, I do know that they are goin to sell single game tix you just have to wait until closer to the game when they open that option up on their website. As of right now, it's not available. It may be as late as the game week itself. I'm going to try that option & then if not, go with the scalper thing. They're just behind the times in technology.
this is the way that it is going to play out. They are going to hold out until the week before the game and see how many season tickets they can sell. Not IF, but WHEN they fail to sell out of season tickets, they are going to offer single game tickets to Eagle Club members. All nine or ten members are going to then buy what they want and the remaining tickets will be released the week of the game...

MSUDawg99
08-10-2015, 10:52 AM
this is the way that it is going to play out. They are going to hold out until the week before the game and see how many season tickets they can sell. Not IF, but WHEN they fail to sell out of season tickets, they are going to offer single game tickets to Eagle Club members. All nine or ten members are going to then buy what they want and the remaining tickets will be released the week of the game...

Yeah it def sux. The fact that tix are $62 as it is, is already completely ridiculous. But their delusion/stupidity in how they're approaching this game & game tix tactic is mind boggling.

Maroonthirteen
08-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Yeah, it is still early. If people don't panick and take the bait. USM will sell single game tickets. But in their defense, that is the going rate now-a-days. I see we list single game LSU, Bama and Ole Miss tickets at $75-121 each.

AlSwearengen
08-10-2015, 11:00 AM
9pm start, We should have it won by half, tenth most important game on the schedule. No way I am buying a season ticket for this game and I'm in Hattiesburg. Hell, I probably won't go regardless. Everything at usm is a huge cluster17 and when MSU comes to play, they always try to screw us in some way. 17 usm.

5 Star
08-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Just another reason not to play these assholes ever again. Let's beat their ass and go to the house. I agree, don't buy their season tickets.

Stricklin, if we ever play these morons again, do it in Jackson or Starkville. Never again in Hattiesburg.

croomsGolfCart
08-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Apparently they have begun to sell single game MSU tickets to their "Eagle Club" members for $60 a piece. I'm in the camp that $60 is too expensive to sit on the upper deck so I'm planning to show up and buy from a scalper/family man etc for less than $40 about 30 minutes before kickoff. If not I will happily watch the 1st half from somewhere in H'Burg.

For folks wanting to have a ticket in hand before going to H'Burg on gameday, BE PATIENT, do not spend $120 on crap season tickets that you won't be able to give away! They will eventually open up single game tickets to everyone (Regardless if you're in the Nugget Club, season ticket holder or MSU fan). This will probably happen a week before gameday. I could be wrong but there's no way they sell all of the single game tickets to 10 Eagle Club members

croomsGolfCart
08-10-2015, 11:06 AM
There's a free message board that exists this is where I'm getting my info from: EaglePost.net

http://eaglepost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39170

CadaverDawg
08-10-2015, 11:09 AM

Yep, everybody just be patient, and you'll save yourself $70 per ticket the week of the game.

As for the way USM is handling it...it's garbage. And everybody should tweet Scott telling him it's shit like this that should make us never play these bastards again. We're taking a financial hit to try and give them a Home/Home that they DO NOT deserve, just for the sake of the State of MS....and they respond by spitting in our faces by gouging our fans on ticket prices, when they know our fans are the ONLY reason anybody is interested in tickets AT ALL!

If Scott has balls, he will come out and let it be clear after we whip their ass, that.....

"we answered their BS rumors that we wouldn't play them, by giving them an undeserved home and home. They took it, made their money, gouged our fans, and used our fans to keep their doors open one more year...and now we say, goodbye. They clearly need us more than we need them (as seen by ticket gouging), so we may be open to a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 in the future....But as for now, they can go call Northern Miss chicken shits for not playing them, but WE answered their call and are not renewing the series out of pity."

MSUDawg99
08-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Yep, everybody just be patient, and you'll save yourself $70 per ticket the week of the game.

As for the way USM is handling it...it's garbage. And everybody should tweet Scott telling him it's shit like this that should make us never play these bastards again. We're taking a financial hit to try and give them a Home/Home that they DO NOT deserve, just for the sake of the State of MS....and they respond by spitting in our faces by gouging our fans on ticket prices, when they know our fans are the ONLY reason anybody is interested in tickets AT ALL!

If Scott has balls, he will come out and let it be clear after we whip their ass, that.....

"we answered their BS rumors that we wouldn't play them, by giving them an undeserved home and home. They took it, made their money, gouged our fans, and used our fans to keep their doors open one more year...and now we say, goodbye. They clearly need us more than we need them (as seen by ticket gouging), so we may be open to a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 in the future....But as for now, they can go call Northern Miss chicken shits for not playing them, but WE answered their call and are not renewing the series out of pity."

I just proofread your speech. It's good to go. Ready to be submitted to Stricklin for regurgitating.

Johnson85
08-10-2015, 11:11 AM
If you want to buy a ticket through their office for our game, you are going to spend 120.00 plus fees for a season ticket in the upper deck.

I'm a little shocked that you can get season tickets for $120. Guess I shouldn't be but I assumed it's still be around $15-20 per game plus $60 for ours.

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2015, 11:17 AM
To a larger point, when we agree to play mid-major schools on the road, can we make demands in the contract about how tickets will be distributed?

I don't see why would couldn't have made some demands on USM in return for the home & home.

Same goes for UAB, ULM, Middle Tennessee, etc.... if we play you at our place, then we demand that single game tickets go on sale at least one month prior to the game.

What choice do they have?

RC3
08-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Can someone copy and paste the original post to a thread on SPS? Can't remember my login info

State82
08-10-2015, 12:35 PM

Outstanding!

War Machine Dawg
08-10-2015, 01:02 PM

Standing slow clap!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/RSCcYCh.gif

Bama_Dawg
08-10-2015, 03:14 PM
If you ordered tickets through HailState.com, you can check your account and see where your seats are in the stadium.

If yours are like mine...they suck.

GTHSM

Jack Lambert
08-10-2015, 03:29 PM
I'm a little shocked that you can get season tickets for $120. Guess I shouldn't be but I assumed it's still be around $15-20 per game plus $60 for ours.

Go to ticket city and they are selling thier ticket to that game for about 150.00 or so.

bobcat91
08-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Do what I'm doing. State at home and watch it on tv. I get a great view of a 50 point ass whipping, don't fight trafvic, and best of all don't give them one penny. Screw them.

RC3
08-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Do what I'm doing. State at home and watch it on tv. I get a great view of a 50 point ass whipping, don't fight trafvic, and best of all don't give them one penny. Screw them.

I'm not missing a game that's so close

Liverpooldawg
08-10-2015, 09:00 PM
These two games never should have been scheduled and we should never play them again in ANY sport after what they are doing with tickets. We get no benefit whatsoever from playing them in football and never have.

Todd4State
08-11-2015, 12:25 AM
Here's my take on USM- and may not be popular.

First of all, what USM is doing with their tickets is wrong and desperate. I'm not surprised because they did the same to us when we played them in baseball in Hattiesburg- nearly 40 dollars to go to a midweek college baseball that is not in Omaha is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if Super Regional tickets are cheaper than that at most venues including LSU.

What they don't realize is the way that they are handling the tickets is HURTING them in the long run because it leaves a bad impression and makes it less likely that we will schedule them in the future- which in turn costs them more money in the long run. Not good business on their part.

But I do like that we are playing them for several reasons. And no, I do not advocate playing them every year. I do think that twice every five should be the max reasonable amount. Unless they drop down to I-AA and then we should not play them home and home ever again and only in Starkville. And I do think that is a possibility potentially over the next few years for them.

That said, I like playing them because for years their whole deal was we were "scared" to play them. Well, now we played them and after we beat the tar out of them last year 49-0 and really it should have been 63-0 you haven't heard a peep out of them. If we do that again to them in Hattiesburg, we've pretty much shut them up for a LONG time. The collateral damage for us is helping their football program stay afloat. By beating the crap out of them, we've pretty much validated that the whole reason for not playing them being financial was legit.

But the biggest reason I like playing them is because it firmly helps establish our dominance in Mississippi. One thing Rome used to do is beat the crap out of some small country/city and then assist them financially and make it a better place. Which meant Rome was the alpha dog. Essentially that's what we are doing to USM. We'll beat the crap out of them, give them some money and leave with them knowing who the boss is.

We've essentially done the same thing with Jackson State and Alcorn-and would have done the same with Valley had they been able to count towards a bowl by beating them. If we're going to play the weak SWAC schools but not USM, it validates the USM theory of us being scared.

Another USM selling point is that they have a "winning record" against us which was propelled by a couple of forfeits and basically dominating Emory Bellard. By playing and beating them, we can make it a winning record for us on the field and .500 in the record books.

I am going to the USM game because I do think that there is a chance that this may be the last time we play in Hattiesburg in awhile- if ever. Like I said, I think there is a good chance that they end up dropping down to I-AA at some point in the next 5-10 years if they continue to struggle.

I get why people think that we shouldn't play them. But I also don't think this is the worst idea ever either- especially since we're talking twice every 25 years at this point.

BulldogBear
08-11-2015, 09:04 AM

First of all, what USM is doing with their tickets is wrong and desperate. I'm not surprised because they did the same to us when we played them in baseball in Hattiesburg- nearly 40 dollars to go to a midweek college baseball that is not in Omaha is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if Super Regional tickets are cheaper than that at most venues including LSU.

What they don't realize is the way that they are handling the tickets is HURTING them in the long run because it leaves a bad impression and makes it less likely that we will schedule them in the future- which in turn costs them more money in the long run. Not good business on their part.

But I do like that we are playing them for several reasons. And no, I do not advocate playing them every year. I do think that twice every five should be the max reasonable amount. Unless they drop down to I-AA and then we should not play them home and home ever again and only in Starkville. And I do think that is a possibility potentially over the next few years for them.

That said, I like playing them because for years their whole deal was we were "scared" to play them. Well, now we played them and after we beat the tar out of them last year 49-0 and really it should have been 63-0 you haven't heard a peep out of them. If we do that again to them in Hattiesburg, we've pretty much shut them up for a LONG time. The collateral damage for us is helping their football program stay afloat. By beating the crap out of them, we've pretty much validated that the whole reason for not playing them being financial was legit.

But the biggest reason I like playing them is because it firmly helps establish our dominance in Mississippi. One thing Rome used to do is beat the crap out of some small country/city and then assist them financially and make it a better place. Which meant Rome was the alpha dog. Essentially that's what we are doing to USM. We'll beat the crap out of them, give them some money and leave with them knowing who the boss is.

We've essentially done the same thing with Jackson State and Alcorn-and would have done the same with Valley had they been able to count towards a bowl by beating them. If we're going to play the weak SWAC schools but not USM, it validates the USM theory of us being scared.

Another USM selling point is that they have a "winning record" against us which was propelled by a couple of forfeits and basically dominating Emory Bellard. By playing and beating them, we can make it a winning record for us on the field and .500 in the record books.

I am going to the USM game because I do think that there is a chance that this may be the last time we play in Hattiesburg in awhile- if ever. Like I said, I think there is a good chance that they end up dropping down to I-AA at some point in the next 5-10 years if they continue to struggle.

I get why people think that we shouldn't play them. But I also don't think this is the worst idea ever either- especially since we're talking twice every 25 years at this point.

That's about how I would put it. To add, I know enough USM folks that I am REALLY enjoying whuppin' 'em after listeNing to them for 20 plus years.

Note the above statement and the fact that I guess that means I know all ten of them apparently.

LC Dawg
08-11-2015, 10:12 AM

I agree with what you are saying. That is why I liked it when Byrne signed the contract to play them. Southern's program was doing pretty good at the time and they liked to run their mouth. They even argued that their program was above ours, which was ludicrous since they play in C-USA. My take on Byrne agreeing to play them was his way of saying it is unacceptable for them to think they are a better football program and telling Mullen that he has five years to get our program to the point that Southern Miss will have no doubt who's state this is. I think once we restate that to them this year they won't piss and moan about playing us for a while.

Tbonewannabe
08-11-2015, 11:23 AM

Do you think this is why they are tying our game to season tickets? You have to sell so many tickets or you get bumped down to I-AA. Seems like there is a hard number you have to stay above.

War Machine Dawg
08-11-2015, 10:41 PM

F USM and F anyone who is for playing USM. The redheaded stepchild shouldn't get another dime from us ever. We never should have given them this home-and-home, and with the way they've behaved during this deal, they should be permanently blackballed. We'll have spanked that ass by 50 twice and proven the point. Let them rot from here on out.

Todd4State
08-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Do you think this is why they are tying our game to season tickets? You have to sell so many tickets or you get bumped down to I-AA. Seems like there is a hard number you have to stay above.

Possibly but I don't believe that's the reason because they gouge us and Ole Miss in baseball.

War Machine Dawg
08-11-2015, 10:45 PM

This. No way I'm missing opening weekend games to help fill their HS stadium.

Todd4State
08-11-2015, 10:55 PM
F USM and F anyone who is for playing USM. The redheaded stepchild shouldn't get another dime from us ever. We never should have given them this home-and-home, and with the way they've behaved during this deal, they should be permanently blackballed. We'll have spanked that ass by 50 twice and proven the point. Let them rot from here on out.

Well, F you too then. Thanks for the constructive well thought out rebuttal.

As it is, to "prove our point" we actually have to play them.

Case in point- I was at a party last year were me and some of my friends were talking about the MSU/USM game. One of the guys there says- "we've gotta be careful with USM- they always play MSU tough". I guarantee you that if I had the same discussion this year, his thought process would be different. Thought change only happens with actual results on the field. A lot of average fans don't understand the difference between SEC and C-USA and just think it's all "NCAA football". My friend wasn't buying my rebuttal about USM losing 23 out of 24 and having not beaten an SEC team since the early 2000's plus the fact that we defeated them when they had Favre while we had Felker as the coach. Or the fact that college football has vastly changed since the early 1980's when USM actually could compete with SEC teams.

And on a lesser level even- before we played Jackson State the first time in 2009 there were some of their fans that thought that they would give us a good game if not even possibly pull an upset. After we destroyed them without really trying that hard with a new coach and schemes on both sides of the ball, their eyes were opened up.