PDA

View Full Version : SEC Preaseason Powr Rankings

notsofarawaydawg
08-10-2015, 10:07 AM
SEC Rankings (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/104679/sec-preseason-power-rankings-3)

Coach34
08-10-2015, 10:12 AM
I actually think that's fair for us to start the year

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2015, 10:16 AM
They actually have us higher than I thought they would.

If I were making this list I'd make it like this:

Alabama - So much talent. I think they find a serviceable QB
Georgia - Same as Bama
Auburn - The biggest thing for me is Lawson & the other D-lineman return
MSU
Ole Miss - No QB & no running game. Arkansas with less running game, better receivers, & better defense
Arkansas - Good running game. Average everywhere else.
LSU - Arkansas with less efficient QB play
Texas A&M - Wild Card. Offense should be good. How much can Chavis change in year 1?
Tennessee - Way overrated IMO. Who did they beat last year? I believe every win came over 7 or less win teams.
Missouri - Lost a lot on defense.
South Carolina - Wild card.
Florida - No QB
Kentucky - Not enough talent
Vanderbilt - Sucks

scottycameron
08-10-2015, 10:31 AM
SEC Rankings (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/104679/sec-preseason-power-rankings-3)

still not buying in to the Ark/Tenn hype. Both are way overated. Msu is way to low. TAM could be a big surprise, hard to get a feel for them, no finish would shock me with them.

LC Dawg
08-10-2015, 10:55 AM
I know there is a lot of talk about our lack of returning starters but I feel like the most important addition to our team is Manny Diaz.
Us, Auburn, LSU, and A&M, all have new defensive coordinators. Obviously if any of these coordinators make major improvements to their defense their team's chances at the West improve a lot. If Diaz has our defense in the top 3 in the West we will win it.

TrapGame
08-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Seriously, every entry is loaded with some convoluted BS, but this pissed me off!

ole miss: w/ Treadwell and Tunsil returning at 100% any QB will be just fine. WTF?!

as opposed to

MSU: Dak is it. There's no one else in that offense. He can't do it alone. Again, WTF?!

I expected more from ESPN. But then again they think Caitlyn Jenner is really a woman.

jumbo
08-10-2015, 11:23 AM
still not buying in to the Ark/Tenn hype. Both are way overated. Msu is way to low. TAM could be a big surprise, hard to get a feel for them, no finish would shock me with them.

I feel like UT is going to be Arky from last year. Very good on D, but will only go as far as Dobbs can take them. Luckily they are in the east, so they realistically could win it, but I think they are 1 year away from being a serious contender.

Dawg496
08-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Isn't Arkansas replacing both coordinators? OC for sure, but not sure if Randy Shannon was DC or just a position coach.

Coach34
08-10-2015, 11:45 AM
UPig is going to be just like last year- grinder team that can upset you.

WPS
08-10-2015, 12:08 PM
Isn't Arkansas replacing both coordinators? OC for sure, but not sure if Randy Shannon was DC or just a position coach.

He was the LB coach. Robb Smith was the DC in his first year last year.

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2015, 02:40 PM
ESPN just released their preseason Top 25 and it didn't match their preseason SEC power rankings.

In the Top 25, Texas A&M is ranked and MSU is not, but in the SEC power rankings, MSU is above Texas A&M.

Pollodawg
08-10-2015, 02:59 PM
You all know that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, right? Why do you keep clicking stuff that is only going to make you mad?

The only people who have any idea how good we'll be are those eleven maroon and white clad dudes on the field at any given time, and that one Yankee with the visor on the sideline. That's how it should be. Just watch and enjoy.