PDA

View Full Version : Nice artlice on former Diamond Dog Adam Frazier. He's moved to OF

Saltydog
08-09-2015, 01:05 PM
and doing remarkably well at that. Batting .341 thru 75 games in AA right now. With that kinda average, he's got to move to Triple AAA when the major rosters expand. Just never saw him as an OF.

http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/8833028-85/frazier-altoona-season#axzz3iL70YFzy

Dawg61
08-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Pirates might call him up if he's raking like that. Probably why he's moved to OF. Not to play AAA this year but to play for the Pirates during their playoff push.

Todd4State
08-09-2015, 05:15 PM
One of their top five prospects per MLB.com is Alec Hansen who plays 2B and is in AAA right now and then they drafted a SS in the first round this year in Kevin Newman. I could see Adam being a utility guy- and learning the OF is going to help him do that.

Not sure why he hasn't been called up to AAA yet. If you can hit AA pitching like that, you are probably going to get at least a shot in MLB at some point.

I don't think they will call him up this year- but I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibility either.

Saltydog
08-09-2015, 05:37 PM
last year was .938 in 117 games. That's not good whatsoever. He made 36 errors. Now, if someone would've told me he was going to have a problem with something, I wouldn't have said fielding. And, from what I saw, they've played him some at 3rd but not 2nd, which surprises me. I really thought he would've been a 2nd baseman as he moved up.

KB21
08-09-2015, 05:51 PM
One of their top five prospects per MLB.com is Alec Hansen who plays 2B and is in AAA right now and then they drafted a SS in the first round this year in Kevin Newman. I could see Adam being a utility guy- and learning the OF is going to help him do that.

Not sure why he hasn't been called up to AAA yet. If you can hit AA pitching like that, you are probably going to get at least a shot in MLB at some point.

I don't think they will call him up this year- but I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibility either.

They also drafted Cole Tucker in 2014.

Right now, Frazier looks like he will be a utility guy in the majors. I think they have him in the outfield to see if he can expand his versatility. With the guys they have in the OF (McCutcheon, Marte, Polanco), there isn't much time to be had out there. What could happen is that Adam is used in a deal to get the Pirates some bull pen help down the stretch.

I seen it dawg
08-09-2015, 06:01 PM
You can hit they will find a place for you.