PDA

View Full Version : Not that we didn't already pretty much know this but it's looking like Harris will be

Saltydog
08-09-2015, 11:31 AM
the QB for LSU. Kinda figured this was going to happen. I know we'd rather see Jennings but doesn't look like that's going to happen. Thing that worries me in this game is their running game with Fournette versus our DL. I know our starters are dependable but it's going to be hot so the depth early in the season is a bit worrisome.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/13128858-128/rabalais-lsus-brandon-harris-may

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2015, 11:37 AM
The key to the LSU game is not turning the ball over on our own end. If we make them drive the field, we will win 31-17

missouridawg
08-09-2015, 11:51 AM
the QB for LSU. Kinda figured this was going to happen. I know we'd rather see Jennings but doesn't look like that's going to happen. Thing that worries me in this game is their running game with Fournette versus our DL. I know our starters are dependable but it's going to be hot so the depth early in the season is a bit worrisome.

Our DLs strength will be against the run. Getting to the QB in passing situations could be the issue.

VandelayIndustries
08-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Really hope Les pulls a Les and starts Jennings

Pollodawg
08-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Harris is better than Jennings, but even still, there is nothing to write home about in either of their signal callers. Harris had his chance verses AU, and look how he did.

VandelayIndustries
08-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Harris is better than Jennings, but even still, there is nothing to write home about in either of their signal callers. Harris had his chance verses AU, and look how he did.

That was also his first start ever, he will be a lot better this year

Pollodawg
08-09-2015, 12:29 PM
That was also his first start ever, he will be a lot better this year

First start or no, 3 of 14 is pathetic, and against Auburn's D no less.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2015, 12:43 PM
This is ridiculous.

Harris may be talented & Les Miles & Cam Cameron may have trouble developing QBs, but I'm quite sure they can tell who is better between two QBs on their own team.

There is a reason that Jennings has started over Harris.

NCDawg
08-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Harris almost pulled the game out against us last year by picking on Jamerson Love. Hopefully, we'll have better DB play this year.

maroonmania
08-09-2015, 01:09 PM

Well, at least its an 8:00 p.m. kickoff and not the 2:30 CBS slot that was taken by the marquee Georgia-Vandy matchup.**

I seen it dawg
08-09-2015, 05:55 PM
They can't outscore us.

LC Dawg
08-09-2015, 06:51 PM
They can't outscore us.

This is all that needs to be said.

Pollodawg
08-09-2015, 08:05 PM
They can't outscore us.

Nail meet head. They could be improved offensively, but even improvement, unless its Kryptonian ridiculous level, won't make that offense "good."

sandwolf
08-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Harris almost pulled the game out against us last year by picking on Jamerson Love. Hopefully, we'll have better DB play this year.

Love may have been picked on, but Harris had very little to do with that game being close.....he made some good throws, but he did it against a prevent defense with no pass rush (and some really good receivers) and there aren't many SEC QB's who aren't capable of doing that.

We had an 18 point lead with 3:43 left in the game when LSU took over at their own 5 yard line.....at that point we were perfectly content to let them march down the field, so long as they didn't do it too quickly. They scored to cut the lead to 12 points, but they used almost half the clock to do it and we got the ball back with 1:55 left.....so the defense did what it set set out to do. At that point, the game is pretty much over, absent a bed shitting of historic proportions.......a bed shitting like Archie Muniz being put in the game and immediately turning the ball over on a bad snap, burning virtually no time off the clock and allowing LSU to save their timeouts. It was that play, not Brandon Harris, that allowed LSU the chance to almost pull that game out.

I definitely agree that we have got to have better play from our DB's this year. I just wanted to point out that Harris didn't almost pull out shit....he did what we allowed him to do.