The RG

msstate7
08-08-2015, 07:37 PM
No idea, but here's the damage...

Flowers (de)
Spaight (lb)
Mitchell (cb)
Philon (dt)

All drafted off their defense which carried them.

TUSK
08-08-2015, 07:38 PM
The RG

I may have looked at the wrong lineup, but wasn't it the RT, Coach? Cook?

Coach34
08-08-2015, 07:41 PM
I may have looked at the wrong lineup, but wasn't it the RT, Coach? Cook?

I looked it up on Athlon's- they say Skipper returns at RT and they lost their RG

Edited to add- they moved their RG to LT- opening that spot up

Saltydog
08-08-2015, 08:03 PM
significant hits that people just aren't talking about. I know a lot of folks are hyping them being a dark horse in the West this year but I just don't see it.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Arkansas won't score enough points to compete for the West this year.

Their style of offense demands that you have a salty defense to win big. Brandon Allen in a nice, efficient QB, but he is not a play maker. He won't beat you.

Arkansas must hold the opposition to 17 points or less to consistently win, & I don't see that happening enough this year to compete in the West.

Jack Lambert
08-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Arkansas won't score enough points to compete for the West this year.

Their style of offense demands that you have a salty defense to win big. Brandon Allen in a nice, efficient QB, but he is not a play maker. He won't beat you.

Arkansas must hold the opposition to 17 points or less to consistently win, & I don't see that happening enough this year to compete in the West.

I think it can if they could have a QB that can throw. LSU is good on offense when they have a good QB. I think this is why the west is open to state, Ole miss and Auburn. Bama, LSU and Ark if they don't solve their QB issue they will not compete for it. I think Bama has the best chance to fix the QB problem. Hell they made Simms a good one and we all were having this same discussion about Bama last year.

starkvegasdawg
08-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Do they still have that TE that we couldn't cover last year?

msstate7
08-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Do they still have that TE that we couldn't cover last year?

They still have Henry. They did lose other te (derby) in nfl draft

WPS
08-09-2015, 09:55 AM
RT Brey Cook

TUSK
08-09-2015, 11:07 AM
RT Brey Cook

ah, thought so....

GreenheadDawg
08-09-2015, 11:41 AM
They still have Henry. They did lose other te (derby) in nfl draft

A guy like Henry is the really the only thing our offense is missing. We would be unstoppable.

thf24
08-09-2015, 12:01 PM
significant hits that people just aren't talking about. I know a lot of folks are hyping them being a dark horse in the West this year but I just don't see it.

I don't think they'll even be improved. Their run game was already about as good as it can get, and I think Brandon Allen has already hit his ceiling in being a decent game manager at best. Just don't see where they could get any better on offense than what we saw last year.

WPS
08-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Their run game was already about as good as it can get

Our running game was a little underwhelming in conference play last year. We started two true sophomores and a first year JUCO on the OL last year so there is plenty of room for improvement there. Ideally we'd have 200 rushing and 200 passing yards a game

msstate7
08-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Our running game was a little underwhelming in conference play last year. We started two true sophomores and a first year JUCO on the OL last year so there is plenty of room for improvement there. Ideally we'd have 200 rushing and 200 passing yards a game

Who will be the outside threat? When I look at your offense, I see a good to great oline, great rb's, great te, average qb, and average to below average wr's.

HancockCountyDog
08-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Who will be the outside threat? When I look at your offense, I see a good to great oline, great rb's, great te, average qb, and average to below average wr's.

They've got one really good WR. Can't recall name, but they've got one good one coming back.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Arkansas doesn't have a true threat on the outside.

Don't get me wrong, I think Arkansas' offense will be effective, but without an outside threat & only an average QB, it's takes them too many plays to consistently score. As JB Grimes once told me, with each additional play that the offense is required to run, the chances of something going wrong increases.

I love Arkansas' run game, I LOVE IT, but it takes them too long to score points & thus the margin for error is incredibly small. I just don't see them scoring enough points to compete for the West. They will be competitive in every game, but will lose 24-17 often

WPS
08-09-2015, 02:26 PM
They've got one really good WR. Can't recall name, but they've got one good one coming back.

Keon Hatcher.

We desperately need a deep threat at WR. We signed JUCO Dominique Reed who is supposed to be the fastest player on the team now. And 4* JoJo Robinson redshirted last year but will be in the rotation this year. I still don't think our WRs will be great but they might be better than they have been. Interested to see how the new OC handles them.

HancockCountyDog
08-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Keon Hatcher.

Yeah, he is good.

I think your offense should be better than last year. I'm really interested to see how your defense looks, because you lost three difference makers in the front seven.