PDA

View Full Version : New Commit

MsStateBaseball
08-08-2015, 06:26 PM
INF/ RHP Denver McQuary from Houston Ms.
Class of 2016, 6-2 180
He is not in PG database so no ranking.
If anyone can tell us about him, please do.

Coach34
08-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Thanks Mic

I seen it dawg
08-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Awesome work by the Bulldogs....

Coach34
08-08-2015, 06:31 PM

He comes from a good family....cannon for an arm- low 90's they say

MsStateBaseball
08-08-2015, 06:33 PM
He is the 12th in the class and he did play for Team Mississippi in Oklahoma this June. I'm hoping he can play 3B and have Reed Smith at SS for this class.

I seen it dawg
08-08-2015, 06:34 PM
He going to the OF and/or close. Butch wants him to pitch. Obviously.

MsStateBaseball
08-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Why can't he play infield?

662dawg
08-08-2015, 06:45 PM
This kid was at the Steve Robertson combine in Tupelo. Hell of an athlete.

Coach34
08-08-2015, 07:00 PM

His college position is OF- and Butch is lobbying hard for pitching only

I seen it dawg
08-08-2015, 07:07 PM

Because he doesn't own the proper glove. Shit man he could probably play infield but he's a projectable OF and pitcher. Butch wants him to pitch.

You know how some guys play infield in highschool..bc they are just great baseball players and do everything but when they get with a lot of other great baseball players they kind of put them where they are best suited for the program and the next level....

MsStateBaseball
08-08-2015, 07:16 PM
I never have seen him play. Trying to find 3B players, we kind of need those.

Todd4State
08-08-2015, 07:20 PM
He's sort of like a Dan Mullen recruit for football- small town Mississippi kid. Every year there seems to be a small town kid that gets drafted by MLB that very few people talk about. Not necessarily saying that McQuary is a high draft pick or a draft pick at all- just that he is an under the radar talent.

As far as his position- I don't think he is going to be a third baseman because I think Will Brooks will take that spot eventually two-three years down the road. McQuary had Tommy John surgery a year or so ago- and I would rather see him play the OF with his speed than pitch for us. There is a possibility that Graham Ashcraft plays third base from this class as well- which would probably put Brooks in the OF.

Todd4State
08-08-2015, 07:22 PM
This kid was at the Steve Robertson combine in Tupelo. Hell of an athlete.

Yes. He is like second behind Steve McNair all time in interceptions for his high school career in Mississippi. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he tried to walk on the football team at some point, although I'm not looking for it to happen. I think his Dad played football at MSU.

Todd4State
08-08-2015, 07:30 PM
For this class:

C- Skelton
1B- Walker Robbins who can and probably will pitch also. Probably will be a draft pick, but I feel good about him at this point.
2B/SS- Reed Smith
3B- Will Brooks
OF- Hagan Severence and Denver McQuary

I figure Delvin Zinn will redshirt which essentially gives us another MIF for this class. Plus MIF is not really a need with Luke Alexander, Hunter Stovall and Zinn from the last class.

Then you have Mitchell Miller who made the Under Armour AA Game who will be a two year guy for us because of his age. Riley Self, Cole Whitman, Graham Ashcraft, and Elliott Anderson are also solid pitching prospects as well.

Of course there is Alex Spaes who made the Under Armour AA Game but he won't be coming to MSU unless he has an injury or a negotiation breakdown. I feel good about the others at this point though.

As far as "need" goes- we probably need to try to either find another OF or a first baseman. We're OK for the most part there as well though.

Harrydawg
08-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Brooks? 3B......not sure thag has ever played it. I dont doibt he coukd do it

Todd4State
08-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Brooks? 3B......not sure thag has ever played it. I dont doibt he coukd do it

A couple of months ago a MC baseball player told me that our coaches told Brooks that he was going to play the OF.

So, I am going off of what we have right now and basing it off of skill sets assuming we don't sign anyone else. Now, if we recruit a third baseman or decide to use Ashcraft at third, Brooks goes to the OF.

Homedawg
08-08-2015, 09:20 PM
INF/ RHP Denver McQuary from Houston Ms.
Class of 2016, 6-2 180
He is not in PG database so no ranking.

He's coming off tommy john surgery 14 months or so ago.

I seen it dawg
08-08-2015, 09:33 PM
I never have seen him play. Trying to find 3B players, we kind of need those.

We need a lot of shit

KB21
08-08-2015, 11:24 PM
At third base, Jacob Barfield is a sophomore transfer coming in. Right now, this position is pretty much locked down for the next 2-3 years unless we get an Austin Riley type that can come in and knock a Reynolds or Barfield out of the position as a freshman.