PDA

View Full Version : Duke Williams suspended from practicing with team

Dawg496
08-08-2015, 06:24 PM
https://twitter.com/WarBlogle/status/630147164963012608

WarBlogle.com ‏@WarBlogle 41m41 minutes ago
Duke Williams has been given a list of conditions that he must meet/achieve to return to the Auburn football team.

Dawg496
08-08-2015, 06:25 PM
http://wiat.com/2015/08/08/duke-williams-out-of-auburn-practice-for-disciplinary-reasons/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

AUBURN, Ala. (WIAT)- Auburn wide receiver Duke Williams missed his second straight day of fall practice on Saturday. Afterwards head coach Gus Malzahn addressed the situation as a disciplinary reason.

“He had a discipline issue that we’re taking care of and when he takes care of that, he’ll be back on the field,” Malzahn said. “I’ll make that decision. I will let you know when he’ll be back.”

This is not the first time Williams has had off-field issues. He was suspended for the Outback Bowl last season after missing a handful of practices.

Offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said on Friday it would be a day-to-say situation.

Williams is a preseason All-SEC selection and led all returning Auburn receivers with 45 receptions for 730 yards and five touchdowns in 2014.

msstate7
08-08-2015, 06:29 PM
You think he killed or raped someone? Nothing short of that would get his suspended, right?

thunderclap
08-08-2015, 06:30 PM
I predict he will have come to Jesus before the first SEC game.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Matthew Stevens ‏@matthewcstevens 30m30 minutes ago
Auburn LB Kris Frost on Duke Williams: “It’s to the point where we’re just moving in a certain direction."

He'll come back to the team, but, at very least, this is a problem. Williams just coming back doesn't make it all better. Are there chemistry issues? Does he run the correct routes? Is he a cancer in the locker room?

Not good for Auburn. With a first year QB, they need all the help they can get from their receiving core.

ShotgunDawg
08-08-2015, 06:31 PM
I predict he will have come to Jesus before the first SEC game.

That doesn't make everything better though. If he's a cancer or doesn't do what he coaches tell him, we may want Duke back on the team. Players that play by their own rules don't help teams.

I seen it dawg
08-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Well he's a ****ing idiot so anything could possibly happen. He will be ready for our game. Now after we thump that ass he probably goes awol awhile.

TUSK
08-08-2015, 06:36 PM
I've heard/read he's "disgruntled" and that he's been in a couple of "fights".... fwiw....

MSUDawg4Life
08-08-2015, 06:39 PM
I suspect Malzahn will make his "decision" before the LSU game on 9/19 and definitely before our game on 9/26. I expect him to be on the field.