PDA

View Full Version : This week I've re-watched the Arkansas, LSU, AU, UA, and A&M

GreenheadDawg
08-08-2015, 12:51 PM
games this week. Other than the constant bitching from my wife about starting football early, the other main thing I noticed from every game is how much we will miss P. Smith. The guy was constantly in the back field, even if he didn't get the sack. He blew up multiple plays in every game. I'm just not convinced we have a pass rusher, which could be a problem. Against the run we will be very good but I'm worried about our pass rush. Thoughts?

Coach34
08-08-2015, 01:24 PM
I have the same concerns- but that's where Manny has to earn his paycheck. It's Manny's job to get pressure while maintaining a sound scheme.

Ry Brown has to produce more this year. I feel like he will. I think he grabs 7-8 sacks this year
AJ has to get better rushing the QB. Has to show something besides a bull rush
Jones has to be more of a consistent force in pass rush. He did at times last year- just need it more consistently
James is a space-eater- not gonna get alot of pass rush from him.

MedDawg
08-08-2015, 01:47 PM
I have the same concerns- but that's where Manny has to earn his paycheck. It's Manny's job to get pressure while maintaining a sound scheme.

In 2010 Diaz had Fletcher Cox, Josh Boyd, and Pernell McPhee on the defensive line, and our top two sack leaders were linebackers Chris White and KJ

smootness
08-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Preston Smith was a beast last year, especially early. But last year at this time he was just another guy who we were unsure of. We have talent, so I trust someone else will step up in a similar way this year.

codeDawg
08-08-2015, 02:04 PM
I'm wondering if Green can provide some of that pressure. His length is a lot like KJ.

deltadawg99
08-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Diaz would also put kj wright at DE from time to time. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Green, jung or dez Harris play a little DE in passing situations.

bulldawg28
08-08-2015, 03:50 PM
AJ Jefferson had a similar motor to Smith and will produce.

Dawgcentral
08-08-2015, 05:03 PM
In 2010 Diaz had Fletcher Cox, Josh Boyd, and Pernell McPhee on the defensive line, and our top two sack leaders were linebackers Chris White and KJ

This is my thinking also. We've got the guys to disrupt up front. Our defensive backfield got burned last year for more than one reason, but when there's time to throw the deep pass the chances of completion rise. Pressure can come from many different directions when Manny is calling the plays.