PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tweet by Chris Fowler

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Chris Fowler ‏@cbfowler 2h2 hours ago
Prepping for opener: 3 OFF starters back, unproven QB, DEF allowed nearly 1200 yds last 2 gms. Pre-season #3 too much respect for #Bama?

Yet MSU returns the most receiving yards & TDs than anyone, along with the best QB in the league.

So.... all off-season the media was telling us that we were going to finish last because of "returning starters", but basically that was just a big ole fat excuse and nothing else, because they didn't punish other teams for the same issue.

Auburn has to replace just as many starters as us, & have an unproven QB who has only really played in one game, when the opposing team had no film on him. What if Kenny Hill just played against South Carolina last year & never played anything else but garbage snaps the rest of the season? How would we view him? What's the difference here?

The media won't say this but preseason rankings are actually based on recruiting rankings & tradition. That's it.

Why can't we win the West? What's the reason?

shoeless joe
08-07-2015, 09:16 PM
You're just now figuring this out?

The good news is that we proved last year that if we take care of business we can get to where we need to be.

MSUDawg4Life
08-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Chris Fowler ‏@cbfowler 2h2 hours ago
Prepping for opener: 3 OFF starters back, unproven QB, DEF allowed nearly 1200 yds last 2 gms. Pre-season #3 too much respect for #Bama?

Yet MSU returns the most receiving yards & TDs than anyone, along with the best QB in the league.

So.... all off-season the media was telling us that we were going to finish last because of "returning starters", but basically that was just a big ole fat excuse and nothing else, because they didn't punish other teams for the same issue.

Auburn has to replace just as many starters as us, & have an unproven QB who has only really played in one game, when the opposing team had no film on him. What if Kenny Hill just played against South Carolina last year & never played anything else but garbage snaps the rest of the season? How would we view him? What's the difference here?

The media won't say this but preseason rankings are actually based on recruiting rankings & tradition. That's it.

Why can't we win the West? What's the reason?

I fully believe we can. At this point, it's just a matter of doing it.

Dawg496
08-07-2015, 09:29 PM
@Auburn.. that's all it comes down to. Although I feel good they could lose two other games later in the season. It would be huge for LSU to knock them off the week before we play them.

They've got Bama and Georgia at the end too.

But win @Auburn and it's all over.

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2015, 10:02 PM
You're just now figuring this out?

The good news is that we proved last year that if we take care of business we can get to where we need to be.

No, not just now figuring this out. It's just kind of hits home when a nationally respected college football guy, like Fowler, just randomly comes across this, yet you've hardly heard any of the media talk about this

SDDawg
08-08-2015, 01:40 PM
You lost me at Fowler as a respected football guy. He anchors a show and does a fine job, but I don't see him as a major figure in football.

IMissJack
08-08-2015, 02:16 PM
You lost me at Fowler as a respected football guy. He anchors a show and does a fine job, but I don't see him as a major figure in football.

I get what you are saying, but when you have been in front of millions every Saturday for ESPN for the last 10-15 years, you do carry a lot of weight in CFB, deserved or not. Fowler carries as much weight as anyone else at this point.

Jack Lambert
08-08-2015, 03:41 PM
The coaches poll, AP and all other polls don't mean anything. The people who count are those 12 so called experts.