PDA

View Full Version : ESPN list of top 100 College Football Players Dak is tied for 19

Tbonewannabe
08-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Oddly enough this stood out to me. They don't mention any stats for Nkemdiche and then list Chris Jones stats as him not living up to billing yet. It is funny how people spin things.

13. Robert Nkemdiche
Ole Miss Rebels
Junior | Defensive tackle
Score: 8.30

Former No. 1 prospect Nkemdiche was the centerpiece of Ole Miss' loaded 2013 recruiting class. He has done a bit of everything since arriving in Oxford - he's even played running back - but his skills as a defensive lineman are his calling card. This is an important season for the junior to prove himself as a consistent every-down performer, as NFL scouts will be watching and he has the game to become a first-round pick.

I looked up his stats: 4 career sacks (2 less than Chris Jones), 12 TFL (1.5 more than CJ), 69 tackles (11 more than CJ) all while playing the majority of snaps while CJ has played about 50%.

T-63. Chris Jones
Mississippi State Bulldogs
Junior | Defensive lineman
Score: 6.98

Jones' production level hasn't matched the amount of hype he received as an incoming recruit. (He has only started three times and has six career sacks, 10.5 tackles for loss and 58 total tackles.) That could change this year, as he is expected to step into a full-time starting role at defensive tackle. His strength and athleticism are unquestioned; production is what's anticipated for the 6-foot-6, 308-pound Jones.

msstate7
08-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Even though I disagree with Kim over Dak, what does Kim's ranking and production say about OM? OM got the consensus #1 player and now it's a big time reach to rank him at #13... His stats certainly don't justify it

maroonmania
08-07-2015, 12:11 PM
I am amazed at how OM continually wins the pre-season and recruiting PR battle. Of course that doesn't mean much when the games actually startup but they seem to get every advantage possible with the media types over us from January through August.

Liverpooldawg
08-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Isn't it true there are quite a few Confederates at ESPN? If so that would explain it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-07-2015, 12:46 PM
he's even played running back
LOL CJ made sure that was an unsuccessful experiment.

Bothrops
08-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Nkemdiche at #13 is laughable. Truth be known, CJ is a slightly better player even without exhibiting the same motor.

mic
08-07-2015, 01:18 PM
ESPN got in bed with this class.. And They are going to stay in bed with them..
I wonder if the mother ship even knows who the # 1 ranked player was in 2014.??? They can't even mention the name
RN without it #1 ranked player being thrown in with it...

Jack Lambert
08-07-2015, 01:23 PM
I wonder if the mother ship even knows who the # 1 ranked player was in 2014.??? They can't even mention the name

I wouldn't expect any reach arounds from ESPN.

5 Star
08-07-2015, 01:24 PM
If there's anything that class proves is that the 5 star player is what drives the recruiting rankings. Just one of those can influence a class heavily. Ole Miss' classes usually aren't much on depth, but that class had 5 5 stars, so it was vaulted through the roof in the rankings.

Now, I know the stats. The 5 stars are more likely to succeed and make the league on average than the rest. But I bet if you ran the numbers, it's the solid 4 star guys that have the most sustained success. The Fletcher Cox's of the world. Guys that, while their talent was recognized, still have something to prove in the college ranks. Many times it appears the 5 stars peak as far as effort goes, in high school. Talent is not an issue with either one though, I mean, what's the difference in #15 in the rankings and number #115? Probably not much. Only a few uber-talents like Clowney in a class, I'm talking like 3.

BulldogBear
08-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Isn't it true there are quite a few Confederates at ESPN? If so that would explain it.
There are many more media people that have some kind of tie to Ole Miss than you ever dream. This is why they get constant BJs from the media. This is part of the overall strategy. Create perception that they are right there with LSU, Alabama, Florida, UGA, and for that matter the USCs, Ohio States, and OUs of the world was well and hope it leads to better recruiting. Though, as someone said, you have to wonder if they look at it more as winning games to get better recruits than the other way around. It's all about image with these and supporting the self-imposed notion that they are the shit.

Personally I'd rather be thought a Podunk and win the Dagum fussball game.

LC Dawg
08-07-2015, 03:44 PM
This list is based on the expected contributions of the players for the 2015 season so it really is just another indictment of our team. Basically they say that Dak won't be as good this year because we will suck. I bet if they thought we would contend for the West they would have Jones rated higher. Hell, I bet most of the voters of this list don't even know who Bear Wilson or Will Redmond are.

They think 18 players will contribute more than Dak? Give me a break.
This is from Dak's writeup":
"Prescott has significant work to do if he is to duplicate the impact he made in 2014"

Significant work? WTF?

DancingRabbit
08-07-2015, 04:07 PM
If we stay healthy, the SECW is gonna be "down" this year.

Probably don't have as much depth as last year, especially experienced depth. But the starters are more talented than last year.

This list is based on the expected contributions of the players for the 2015 season so it really is just another indictment of our team. Basically they say that Dak won't be as good this year because we will suck. I bet if they thought we would contend for the West they would have Jones rated higher. Hell, I bet most of the voters of this list don't even know who Bear Wilson or Will Redmond are.

They think 18 players will contribute more than Dak? Give me a break.
This is from Dak's writeup":
"Prescott has significant work to do if he is to duplicate the impact he made in 2014"

Significant work? WTF?

I seen it dawg
08-07-2015, 06:15 PM
He's a fullback

Dawgcentral
08-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Chris knows what he has to do. I expect him to be a major force of disruption on the line in every game this year. The Kimdichee kid will do well also.

We just need to finish the year ahead of them in the SEC West like we have ever since Freeze arrived. That means 1st this year,...just a step up from our 2nd place finish last year. In doing so, that means beating TSUN at home.

If the accolades for Chris don't follow after that, we've done all we can. I'll be happy to see it play out that way.

Coach34
08-07-2015, 07:20 PM
I really look forward to seeing the Jones vs Kimchee comparisions this year. And I will enjoy April when Jones is drafted ahead of him

TopWaterDog
08-08-2015, 09:26 AM
I want Chris to play mean this year. Mad at the attention hugh created about him and mad at being overlooked by national analysts

Sacrifice
08-08-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm loving all the jabs CJ is getting from the media. I hope it lights a fire under his ass!