08-06-2015, 07:05 PM
Anybody got a clue on Headliner ?
We are a month away .....

BeardoMSU
08-06-2015, 07:27 PM
The kenosha kickers.

GreenheadDawg
08-06-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm sure you've heard of Gus Polinski, polka king of the Midwest. They had a couple big hits few years back. Twin lakes polka, kiss me polka, polka twist. Can't wait

Bob Sacamano
08-06-2015, 07:50 PM
Pearl jam with the foo fighters opening.

Bothrops
08-06-2015, 08:54 PM
I'm preparing for disappointment.

Better not be another country act.

Coach34
08-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Better not be another country act.

Do people really still sing country music? I had no idea.

Bothrops
08-07-2015, 12:35 AM

Yeah, right..give me some Waylon.

BeardoMSU
08-07-2015, 12:47 AM

I do find it funny when 1 week there's the hit song "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk", then a few months later, the same person has a single about being "baptized in the muddy water"; seems like conflicting ideologies to me.

I'm not a country fan by any means, but I do like lots of songs from the 80's and 90's (e.g., Alan Jackson) - This is mainly out of nastalgia, since my Mom was a country music dj (100.7, Greenville MS) for a number of years, and that's all that was on the radio when I rode with her. Luckily I listened to Zeppelin, The Beatles, Queen, Phil Collins, et al. when I rode with my Dad.

Bob Sacamano
08-07-2015, 01:13 AM
Sturgill Simpson

shoeless joe
08-07-2015, 06:52 AM

If it's new country it ain't worth a dern...but the old stuff is still great.

Bigedawg
08-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Sweet Baby Jesus let this happen!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-07-2015, 08:05 AM
If it's new country it ain't worth a dern
You got to listen to something other than local radio, brother.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-07-2015, 10:28 AM
I do find it funny when 1 week there's the hit song "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk", then a few months later, the same person has a single about being "baptized in the muddy water"; seems like conflicting ideologies to me.

I'm not a country fan by any means, but I do like lots of songs from the 80's and 90's (e.g., Alan Jackson) - This is mainly out of nastalgia, since my Mom was a country music dj (100.7, Greenville MS) for a number of years, and that's all that was on the radio when I rode with her. Luckily I listened to Zeppelin, The Beatles, Queen, Phil Collins, et al. when I rode with my Dad.

Today if you can write a song about cutoff shorts, "going down to the river bank", sipping on *Insert any alcohol here*, Cherry lipgloss, moonlight, partying of any kind, pickup trucks, mud, country roads?etc then you have a hit. I removed myself from today's "country" music and now when I come across a song flipping through the channels, I laugh at how ignorant and shallow the lyrics really are.

TheRef
08-07-2015, 10:38 AM

Your mother was a DJ here at WDMS? I listen to that station now that I'm back home, they also fired up a Classic rock station with the same group. Sadly, the best DJ they had at WDMS moved over to the "variety" station at 102.3

LC Dawg
08-07-2015, 10:53 AM
AC/DC is currently touring. Someone donate a large sum of money and make that happen at Bulldog Bash.

BeardoMSU
08-07-2015, 11:40 AM
Your mother was a DJ here at WDMS? I listen to that station now that I'm back home, they also fired up a Classic rock station with the same group. Sadly, the best DJ they had at WDMS moved over to the "variety" station at 102.3

Yeah, for a couple years in the early 90's.

BeardoMSU
08-07-2015, 11:40 AM
Today if you can write a song about cutoff shorts, "going down to the river bank", sipping on *Insert any alcohol here*, Cherry lipgloss, moonlight, partying of any kind, pickup trucks, mud, country roads?etc then you have a hit. I removed myself from today's "country" music and now when I come across a song flipping through the channels, I laugh at how ignorant and shallow the lyrics really are.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Prediction? Pain.
08-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Sturgill Simpson

This. All day long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpH0muyR-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdC2L-HXVZ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTnmWu0_W6w

LC Dawg
08-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Sturgill would definitely be a win. Also, Jason Isbell is pretty hot right and would probably draw a good crowd because of his appeal to a range of age groups.

shoeless joe
08-07-2015, 01:30 PM
You got to listen to something other than local radio, brother.

You're rite. What I meant was "new popular" country.

There's still some folks that don't get any play that still sing real country. And it's still good.

dawgs
08-07-2015, 01:49 PM
Sturgill would definitely be a win. Also, Jason Isbell is pretty hot right and would probably draw a good crowd because of his appeal to a range of age groups.

Well first of all, I'm not a big fan of isbell's solo stuff. I did love his stuff with the truckers though. A couple years ago a friend gave me a ticket to go with him to a isbell show, so I went to give him another shot solo. It was pretty damn slow and boring. Definitely not music that's going to add to the party.

LC Dawg
08-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Well first of all, I'm not a big fan of isbell's solo stuff. I did love his stuff with the truckers though. A couple years ago a friend gave me a ticket to go with him to a isbell show, so I went to give him another shot solo. It was pretty damn slow and boring. Definitely not music that's going to add to the party.

Then let's get the Truckers. That would be great with me.
In reality it doesn't really matter to me because unless it's someone I really want to see I won't be going. I'm too old to stand among throngs of drunk college kids.

Hail State
08-07-2015, 09:18 PM
I'm sure you've heard of Gus Polinski, polka king of the Midwest. They had a couple big hits few years back. Twin lakes polka, kiss me polka, polka twist. Can't wait

+2

Bravo, sir

CadaverDawg
08-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Not official, but I'm hearing it's these guys...

http://www.nbc.com/sites/nbcunbc/files/files/images/2014/9/06/140228_2749923_More_Cowbell_with_Will_Ferrell_on_S NL___Vide_anvver_2.jpg