PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any idea how many chairbacks were sold for the new Dude?

Saltydog
08-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone here might know.

weblow
08-06-2015, 06:29 PM
I reserved my 4 but from what I have heard, not many were sold and they don't know what to do.

Bullsy
08-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Like football, I believe your Bulldog Club rank will determine your place in line when it comes time to select seats. Thats how I understood it

Homedawg
08-06-2015, 07:06 PM
I reserved my 4 but from what I have heard, not many were sold and they don't know what to do.

What is your definition of not many?

mstatefan91
08-06-2015, 07:38 PM
It would seem that it didn't do too well since they aren't posting the number all over Facebook and Twitter while thanking fans for the contribution.

Just my 2 cents. Could be way off

Saltydog
08-06-2015, 07:40 PM
ticket holders who currently have chairbacks prolly got them, or so you'd think.

State82
08-06-2015, 08:01 PM
We dropped from 4 down to 2. Guess it's time to put them out for the general public now and see what happens. Time for Bulldog baseball fans to put up or shut up.

IMissJack
08-06-2015, 08:07 PM
We dropped from 4 down to 2. Guess it's time to put them out for the general public now and see what happens. Time for Bulldog baseball fans to put up or shut up.

They probably would have put up more, if this was done right after the CWS, instead of the worst year in my lifetime. But, it is what it is at this point. I may be in the minority, and I do want the new stadium, but I don't believe a new stadium will be enough to return MSU baseball to the top and keep it there. Until major changes are made around scholarships, MS will be at a disadvantage.

dickiedawg
08-06-2015, 09:57 PM
I was told by someone who generally knows things that they were generally pleased with the amount of deposits paid.
That's not to say response was overwhelming, necessarily, but the team picked a bad year to shit the bed in that regard.

What was overwhelming was the majority of LFL owners that renewed. Of all the stink raised, it didn't bother very many people enough to give up their spot, even with the much larger financial commitment.

engie
08-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Playing devil's advocate -- It's difficult to part with $500 per seat that you have no idea of location on those seats nor a definite build timeline. Collecting as far in advance as we are lends itself to time value of money as well. $1500 today vs $1800 in at least 2 years, I can see why people would wait. I can even see why people wouldn't lock in the 10 year psl to "hold the rights to seats" when in reality any chair back in the house will be a good seat as long as people are confident they will be able to purchase chairbacks every year even if they have to bounce around a bit. We don't even know how many there are going to be yet.

Once there is perceived fear of missing out and scarcity -- there will be a run on tickets. We don't even have exact build details yet. At the equivalent point in the DWS expansion, we had not sold a single seat...

bulldogcountry1
08-07-2015, 08:50 AM
The athletic department was tweeting out 150+ chairbacks sold every day for the last week or so of the discount period. That's 800-1000 right there. You have to think there was a spike when they first opened to sales and a handful a day in between. Shirley they sold upwards of 4000. That isn't great, but it would be far from concerning. A good football season and some excitement out of fall ball should boost interest.

I reserved my seats, but share the same concerns as engie. What if they build this thing, and there are season chairbacks available every year without a $1500 fee?

Another thing I have considered is the assigning of seats according to BDC rank. It's safe to say that essentially everyone who reserved seats after the discount deadline will be ranked higher than those who reserved before simply because they "donated" more. Is that not correct? If so, the people who made early commitments get punished in a way.

Edited to add that the BDC tweeted out 1176 CBs sold from July 22-31. There were likely more sold on the last afternoon because the last tweet gave a total for the morning of July 31. They only mentioned 1 loft and 2 diamond suites, for what it's worth.

5 Star
08-07-2015, 09:28 AM
I let mine go. 2 kids and one on the way, I just could not part with the deposit, knowing I am in the 5-10 games attended per year crowd (MAXIMUM), so going to individual games and buying general admission just made more sense to me. In 10 years I will reconsider.

Demand will be based on how good we are, bottom line, going forward.

RocketCityDawg
08-07-2015, 09:33 AM
Playing devil's advocate -- It's difficult to part with $500 per seat that you have no idea of location on those seats nor a definite build timeline. Collecting as far in advance as we are lends itself to time value of money as well. $1500 today vs $1800 in at least 2 years, I can see why people would wait. I can even see why people wouldn't lock in the 10 year psl to "hold the rights to seats" when in reality any chair back in the house will be a good seat as long as people are confident they will be able to purchase chairbacks every year even if they have to bounce around a bit. We don't even know how many there are going to be yet.

Once there is perceived fear of missing out and scarcity -- there will be a run on tickets. We don't even have exact build details yet. At the equivalent point in the DWS expansion, we had not sold a single seat...

This is why I didn't reserve my seats. I wanted to, but I just couldn't justify it. I'll gamble and see if I can get season tickets without the PSL.

BulldogBear
08-07-2015, 09:38 AM
I don't have chair backs and probably never could without switching $ focus from football to the daimond. But I know several people who bought lifetime chair backs before. None have "renewed" if you want to call it that. At least not at this time. I wouldn't underestimate the butt hurt created by the broken promises that were necessitated by and for a new project like this.

ETA: IOW, they'll likely see how it goes. They're not going to commit or throw away money at this point.

Tbonewannabe
08-07-2015, 09:44 AM

So you could lock in your seats for 10 years but you have no clue where those seats are located? Did the give a certain section? Just wondering if someone that just joined the BDC and then did the 10 year deal if they got better seats or what their seats would be based on BDC rank.

drummerdawg
08-07-2015, 09:47 AM
I let mine go. 2 kids and one on the way, I just could not part with the deposit, knowing I am in the 5-10 games attended per year crowd (MAXIMUM), so going to individual games and buying general admission just made more sense to me. In 10 years I will reconsider.

Demand will be based on how good we are, bottom line, going forward.

Hope you and your family like sitting on a grassy slope because that's were general admission is now.

RocketCityDawg
08-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Hope you and your family like sitting on a grassy slope because that's were general admission is now.

You don't think there will be any extra chairbacks available outside of the 10 year PSL ones?

drummerdawg
08-07-2015, 09:55 AM
You don't think there will be any extra chairbacks available outside of the 10 year PSL ones?

Only if people don't show up, but hopefully they sell out of those tickets.

BulldogBear
08-07-2015, 09:56 AM

He really doesn't. You can always find plenty of chair backs if you really want them. If you are only going to a few games a year like him and me you come out way better $$$wise than throwing a bunch of money at season chairbacks, especially for a pack the size of his.

Only ONCE have I ever sat in "GA"

5 Star
08-07-2015, 10:30 AM
He really doesn't. You can always find plenty of chair backs if you really want them. If you are only going to a few games a year like him and me you come out way better $$$wise than throwing a bunch of money at season chairbacks, especially for a pack the size of his.

Exactly. Plus, the whole family won't be going that often. If the whole stadium is sold out in season tickets, I suppose that's a good thing because it means we'll have probably won a national championship.

RocketCityDawg
08-07-2015, 10:55 AM

Care to share your secret on how to find chairbacks? Are there places where scalpers sell them, or do you just have connections?

sandwolf
08-07-2015, 11:42 AM
But I know several people who bought lifetime chair backs before. None have "renewed" if you want to call it that. At least not at this time. I wouldn't underestimate the butt hurt created by the broken promises that were necessitated by and for a new project like this.

The whole 'broken promises' line of thinking really irritates me. They got the chair backs for the life of the stadium. If they had made that purchase 5 years ago, then I could understand them feeling like they were getting screwed, but haven't they had the seats for like 30 years? They got a damn good deal, and given the way that the landscape of college athletics has changed since then, they ought to just be thankful that it lasted as long as it did.

5 Star
08-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Care to share your secret on how to find chairbacks? Are there places where scalpers sell them, or do you just have connections?
1) GA gets you in the stadium for every game except SEC games currently, and those aren't usually too crowded. Sit anywhere you want, but just move if somebody comes. It's really not that embarrassing to say, "I'm sorry" and move up a row. Most times if that much seating is available, no one will even say anything.
2) Know somebody with seats who is not going, for SEC games.
3) Site in the bleachers or wherever GA is in the new stadium until the 5th inning, then see the second part of 1 above.

That is your blueprint. I think a ticket exchange is needed, but I'm not sure the benefit/cost of that sort of thing when it comes to baseball. I asked the BC but haven't gotten a response. I mean, if it was feasible, I think they'd already have done it, so there's probably some caveat there.

5 Star
08-07-2015, 12:07 PM
The whole 'broken promises' line of thinking really irritates me. They got the chair backs for the life of the stadium. If they had made that purchase 5 years ago, then I could understand them feeling like they were getting screwed, but haven't they had the seats for like 30 years? They got a damn good deal, and given the way that the landscape of college athletics has changed since then, they ought to just be thankful that it lasted as long as it did.
I agree. I don't feel slighted giving up mine, it's a necessary step to take. If I can't go, I want the seats in the hands of other fans who are willing to go (if you are paying the donation and new prices, I would think you are committing to go).

RocketCityDawg
08-07-2015, 12:33 PM
1) GA gets you in the stadium for every game except SEC games currently, and those aren't usually too crowded. Sit anywhere you want, but just move if somebody comes. It's really not that embarrassing to say, "I'm sorry" and move up a row. Most times if that much seating is available, no one will even say anything.
2) Know somebody with seats who is not going, for SEC games.
3) Site in the bleachers or wherever GA is in the new stadium until the 5th inning, then see the second part of 1 above.

That is your blueprint. I think a ticket exchange is needed, but I'm not sure the benefit/cost of that sort of thing when it comes to baseball. I asked the BC but haven't gotten a response. I mean, if it was feasible, I think they'd already have done it, so there's probably some caveat there.

This is the blueprint that I've followed. Just wondered if there was an exchange or something. It's kind of a pain sometimes waiting until they decide to open the stands up. I don't have any contacts with tickets since I've been away for so long. I stopped going when my kids started playing every weekend, but now I'm back.

5 Star
08-07-2015, 12:39 PM
This is the blueprint that I've followed. Just wondered if there was an exchange or something. It's kind of a pain sometimes waiting until they decide to open the stands up. I don't have any contacts with tickets since I've been away for so long. I stopped going when my kids started playing every weekend, but now I'm back.
Well, in that case, did you buy 10 year seating rights? There was your chance. And season tickets will be available after that I'm sure, but you better be high on the BC list and you won't be guaranteed. I intend to buy tickets again in 10 years from now, or whenever the next renewal is.

Bottom line, getting season tickets doesn't really work out for the 'middle' attender guy, like me. If you go to 5 games or less, sure, go GA or if you're lucky you have a connection. If you go to 15 or more, get season tickets. If you're between 5-15, you essentially have to choose. Geography plays a big part too, I'm a little over 2 hours away. Tough to drive back and forth. You really need to live within an hour of Starkville to go to a bunch of games. And time, of course.

RocketCityDawg
08-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Well, in that case, did you buy 10 year seating rights? There was your chance. And season tickets will be available after that I'm sure, but you better be high on the BC list and you won't be guaranteed. I intend to buy tickets again in 10 years from now, or whenever the next renewal is.

Bottom line, getting season tickets doesn't really work out for the 'middle' attender guy, like me. If you go to 5 games or less, sure, go GA or if you're lucky you have a connection. If you go to 15 or more, get season tickets. If you're between 5-15, you essentially have to choose. Geography plays a big part too, I'm a little over 2 hours away. Tough to drive back and forth. You really need to live within an hour of Starkville to go to a bunch of games. And time, of course.

No, being a normal guy and putting kids through college right now doesn't really set me up to pay thousands of dollars for the opportunity to buy season tickets.
I'm 3.5 hours away, so that kind of excludes me from going to midweek games.

I'm just not sure what to do. I guess I'll just keep hoping that I can wait it out and buy season tickets without the PSL.

BulldogBear
08-07-2015, 01:16 PM

Some of both. I usually don't have trouble finding them, even for SEC games.

5 Star
08-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Some of both. I usually don't have trouble finding them, even for SEC games.
I used to give away my tickets (if I had extras) outside the stadium, typically to young fathers with kids. There's usually some to be had here and there.

5 Star
08-07-2015, 01:31 PM
No, being a normal guy and putting kids through college right now doesn't really set me up to pay thousands of dollars for the opportunity to buy season tickets.
I'm 3.5 hours away, so that kind of excludes me from going to midweek games.

I'm just not sure what to do. I guess I'll just keep hoping that I can wait it out and buy season tickets without the PSL.
Yes, 3.5 hours is a haul, unless it's for a whole weekend. I misunderstood you about the kids, I thought you said they were gone and you were ready to go as many as possible.

If you don't pay the $1,800/seat donation, you're going to have to donate to the BC to get season tickets. That amount, per year, will be more expensive than the original $1,800. So you're not going to have any luck there I don't think, unless demand is terrible. Which will be good for GA, but also probably mean the team sucks.

An Auburn friend of mine said it best: "There's no way to make the money work". That's true. The decision to be made is, are you going to the games or not? If yes, get tickets. My $0.02.

drummerdawg
08-07-2015, 02:03 PM
They should just extend the chairbacks all the way down the foul line. Let the ones buying season tickets pick where they want and then sell whatever is left over as general admission. That way nobody has to worry about being in anybody's seat and have to move while also getting a comfortable seat instead of sitting on grass. It would also make the granstands more full I think.

5 Star
08-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Way too big.

Like it or not, we have had an attendance problem, and some of it is because we seats are sold out and GA can't get to them. If we just make the stadium bigger, sure that helps out the GA guy but it doesn't make it look better as far as butts in seats. Not to mention that'd probably add a hefty couple a mil to the project. People have to start showing up besides SBW and postseason.

drummerdawg
08-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Way too big.

Like it or not, we have had an attendance problem, and some of it is because we seats are sold out and GA can't get to them. If we just make the stadium bigger, sure that helps out the GA guy but it doesn't make it look better as far as butts in seats. Not to mention that'd probably add a hefty couple a mil to the project. People have to start showing up besides SBW and postseason.

Well they are planning to make GA between the grandstands and the foul poles, so why not make them actual seats? I wouldn't think it'd be a money issue since this is a $40 mil project and supposed to be the best stadium in America. The new Alex Box and others is like that

BulldogBear
08-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Yes, 3.5 hours is a haul, unless it's for a whole weekend. I misunderstood you about the kids, I thought you said they were gone and you were ready to go as many as possible.

If you don't pay the $1,800/seat donation, you're going to have to donate to the BC to get season tickets. That amount, per year, will be more expensive than the original $1,800. So you're not going to have any luck there I don't think, unless demand is terrible. Which will be good for GA, but also probably mean the team sucks.

An Auburn friend of mine said it best: "There's no way to make the money work". That's true. The decision to be made is, are you going to the games or not? If yes, get tickets. My $0.02.

This^^

Unfortunately I fall into the "no" category since I rarely get up there for more than 3-5 games.

Sandwolf, I'm really neither here nor there on the "lifetime" stuff. It was necessary, but I can't be upset with people who perhaps rightly understood it differently. Going forward IIWIS, but I know some folks that are still upset and I can't say they shouldn't be.

5 Star
08-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Well they are planning to make GA between the grandstands and the foul poles, so why not make them actual seats? I wouldn't think it'd be a money issue since this is a $40 mil project and supposed to be the best stadium in America. The new Alex Box and others is like that
Way to completely brush off the money part of it. "Supposed to be" what? You don't do stupid things, no matter the emotional logic of fans.

LSU is just a completely different animal. They are probably the top program out there, located in a big city. They sell more tickets than us (10K to 7K) AND they have butts in seats for all those games. IN ADDITION, they don't have an upper deck for seating like we do, only suites/boxes. Baum and Carolina are the same way. So let's stop the we should build bigger stuff. We already are.

Besides, the berms are cool.

IMissJack
08-07-2015, 03:19 PM
Way to completely brush off the money part of it. "Supposed to be" what? You don't do stupid things, no matter the emotional logic of fans.

LSU is just a completely different animal. They are probably the top program out there, located in a big city. They sell more tickets than us (10K to 7K) AND they have butts in seats for all those games. IN ADDITION, they don't have an upper deck for seating like we do, only suites/boxes. Baum and Carolina are the same way. So let's stop the we should build bigger stuff. We already are.

Killing SEC double headers on Saturday hurt our attendance many years ago.

drummerdawg
08-07-2015, 03:23 PM

Wtf makes a berm "cool"?

5 Star
08-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Wtf makes a berm "cool"?
You have that entire post, and you fixated on the berm.

You're done. Quit your bitchin.