PDA

View Full Version : Interesting end zone construction at LA Tech.

Jack Lambert
08-06-2015, 12:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg1F20Rp2FY

I kind of like it.

Dawg Corps
08-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Wrong bulldogs, bro.**

PMDawg
08-06-2015, 04:06 PM
It will never be finished on time.**

DanDority
08-06-2015, 04:25 PM
I like the trash bags out by the door.

MSUDawg4Life
08-06-2015, 04:27 PM
"Does anyone think our south endzone would look better if ...."

Mjoelner34
08-06-2015, 07:17 PM
"Does anyone think our south endzone would look better if ...."

Ok. Kind of a highjack here but....

During the construction of our north endzone, I used to go walk around the stadium every Sunday morning to check out the progress. One of the Sundays, I sensed someone coming up beside me while I was standing on the grass just north of the stadium. It was The Grasshopper himself. Since I joined the Scoreboard Club, I was asking him all kinds of questions about it then we got to talking about the next phase of expansion. If I remember it correctly, it was shown to be adding more suites and completing the decking all the way around the north endzone where the Scoreboard Club standing areas are. So, I asked him about that. The Grasshopper then said "What if instead of doing that, we make the south endzone look exactly like the north endzone does now. I don't know if the official plans have changed or not but the way he talked, that is at least a possibility instead of double-decking out the north endzone.

08-06-2015, 07:34 PM
the south endzone look exactly like the north endzone

This is what I have been told also as of July 2015.

Harrydawg
08-06-2015, 08:32 PM
So, what's behind the glass? Looks,like they spent many millions to add 1,000 seats.

DancingRabbit
08-06-2015, 09:09 PM
Oklahoma State did something kinda similar. Looked better before they stuck the video board in the middle of it.

http://www.irongatetulsa.org/IronGate/assets/Image/osu12.jpg

http://coacheshotseat.com/coacheshotseatblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/OSUStadium1.jpg

archdog
08-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Everyone is jealous of or trons

ScoobaDawg
08-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Ok. Kind of a highjack here but....

During the construction of our north endzone, I used to go walk around the stadium every Sunday morning to check out the progress. One of the Sundays, I sensed someone coming up beside me while I was standing on the grass just north of the stadium. It was The Grasshopper himself. Since I joined the Scoreboard Club, I was asking him all kinds of questions about it then we got to talking about the next phase of expansion. If I remember it correctly, it was shown to be adding more suites and completing the decking all the way around the north endzone where the Scoreboard Club standing areas are. So, I asked him about that. The Grasshopper then said "What if instead of doing that, we make the south endzone look exactly like the north endzone does now. I don't know if the official plans have changed or not but the way he talked, that is at least a possibility instead of double-decking out the north endzone.

Interesting... I was always told west end 100 and 200 level being turned into suites, club level, and revamping the press box was next. We don't need more student or general admission seats. And turning the south endzone into the north endzone will very likely require tearing down the original dawgzillatron. I know those things dont have a long life span, but figured we could get another 5-10 years out of it.

Jack Lambert
08-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Interesting... I was always told west end 100 and 200 level being turned into suites, club level, and revamping the press box was next. We don't need more student or general admission seats. And turning the south endzone into the north endzone will very likely require tearing down the original dawgzillatron. I know those things dont have a long life span, but figured we could get another 5-10 years out of it.

Thats pobably the plan when the Tron gets to old to use in 10 years. I personally think we need at lest another 10 years to build the fan base up enough that the stadium will be filled. what I mean by fan base are those fans who don't go to games.

ScoobaDawg
08-07-2015, 01:13 AM
Thats pobably the plan when the Tron gets to old to use in 10 years. I personally think we need at lest another 10 years to build the fan base up enough that the stadium will be filled. what I mean by fan base are those fans who don't go to games.

Yep... considering the whole east side upper deck is still top dawg plans which is $120 less than the cheapest lower deck ticket that also requires a BDC donation.
If we selling that out we need to looking at upping the price to normal for the entire upper deck or the middle of it.
As it is, if we are selling out every week you have to look at that as losing that $120 per seat per season.

We are in a good size to grow the income. We don't need to build another lower bowl at this point.
That would become a priority when the scoreboard needs replacing and the field house needs to replaced.

Mjoelner34
08-07-2015, 07:44 AM

I think the rennovation of those areas is the next step. I was just speaking to the next expansion. And, I think that is roughly scheduled in about 10 years. I think the 25 year plan showed DWS as a fully doubled-decked bowl with a tron in each corner.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
08-07-2015, 10:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg1F20Rp2FY

I kind of like it.

First I've heard about this. Amazing how out of touch I am having graduated from there.

BossDawg
08-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Oklahoma State did something kinda similar. Looked better before they stuck the video board in the middle of it.

http://www.irongatetulsa.org/IronGate/assets/Image/osu12.jpg

http://coacheshotseat.com/coacheshotseatblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/OSUStadium1.jpg

Wow that video board placement is indeed terrible. They didn't even attempt to make it match just a little. It's almost like, "Hey, we got this in the mail today. What ya wanna do with it?"......." Just stick it on the fridge. I'll look at it later and maybe do something with it."

Tbonewannabe
08-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Also, were the windows not there for a purpose? It would have looked better by putting it on the side or on top of the building.

TheRef
08-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Also, were the windows not there for a purpose? It would have looked better by putting it on the side or on top of the building.

That's their basketball stadium, if you're talking about OK State

DancingRabbit
08-07-2015, 12:15 PM
That's their basketball stadium, if you're talking about OK State

Well, if you're gonna stick it in the endzone and put windows in it, it looks stupid to slap a video screen up there covering up a lot of the windows.

I don't know why they put it there if you're not putting suites in it.

MSUDawg4Life
08-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Well, if you're gonna stick it in the endzone and put windows in it, it looks stupid to slap a video screen up there covering up a lot of the windows.

I don't know why they put it there if you're not putting suites in it.

T Boone Pickens has plenty of money to waste on poor design apparently.