PDA

View Full Version : Q Weatherspoon

ZedFedder
08-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Jon Rothstein, who seems to be connected to and really loving our program, said he was hearing that Weatherspoon was the surprise of the summer and would be an immediate factor, especially as a shooter. Wooooool.

smootness
08-05-2015, 10:20 PM
That's awesome if true. We're going to be dangerous, that's for sure.

Harrydawg
08-05-2015, 10:21 PM
I had someone who is very close to the program say today Sword is a freak as is Houston. These guys wear Malik out in drills but when,it comes to games - Malik shows them who the boss is.

Dallas_Dawg
08-05-2015, 10:44 PM
I had someone who is very close to the program say today Sword is a freak as is Houston. These guys wear Malik out in drills but when,it comes to games - Malik shows them who the boss is.

Damn, would love to be able to see them scrimmage

preachermatt83
08-05-2015, 11:15 PM
Howland said last night in meridian that Weatherspoons shooting is something to behold. He also said our new S and C coach has packed muscle on Sword and Ware like crazy. Also said Fred don't even look like the same player. He's added 5 inches to his verticle.

War Machine Dawg
08-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Howland said last night in meridian that Weatherspoons shooting is something to behold. He also said our new S and C coach has packed muscle on Sword and Ware like crazy. Also said Fred don't even look like the same player. He's added 5 inches to his verticle.

Fred might be the biggest surprise of the season. He hasn't even come close to scratching the surface of his potential.

MSUDawg4Life
08-05-2015, 11:59 PM
I still can't imagine anybody who followed our recruiting being surprised about Q. We knew the kid was dang good a year ago.

msstate7
08-06-2015, 12:06 AM
I still can't imagine anybody who followed our recruiting being surprised about Q. We knew the kid was dang good a year ago.

When he went up against Malik, Q split 1-1 and put up comparable numbers

TaleofTwoDogs
08-06-2015, 11:49 AM
He hasn't even come close to scratching the surface of his potential.

Last time I heard a statement like this related to an MSU basketball player that player was Erick Dampier. If Fred is half as good as Damp he will make some big noise. BB is back, baby.

Offshore Dawg
08-06-2015, 07:00 PM
The Howland hire did not come a moment too soon. Folks just look at all the GREAT news that has come out about BB since he was hired. Think what the man will accomplish after he has been here a year.

headcoach98
08-07-2015, 07:51 AM

When healthy Sword is unguardable especially with his improved jumper. Can't wait to see them play in Jackson.

BiscuitEater
08-07-2015, 07:56 AM
That's awesome if true. We're going to be dangerous, that's for sure.

Additional + with Weatherspoon .. unless he has a monster year, he will be around for more than one year while Malik won't.

tcdog70
08-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Sword might be the MVP in the SEC if healthy. Other teams cannot just defend Him this year.

msstate7
08-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Sword might be the MVP in the SEC if healthy. Other teams cannot just defend Him this year.

If Malik is as good as advertised and sword continues to improve outside shooting, we'll have the best backcourt in the sec.

Valyrian Steel
08-07-2015, 11:46 AM
It's a scary jump from expectations we had last year.

Tbonewannabe
08-07-2015, 11:50 AM
This is the first time in about 10 years that I am actually excited for basketball season.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-07-2015, 12:18 PM
If Malik is as good as advertised and sword continues to improve outside shooting, we'll have the best backcourt in the sec.

he went from shooting 19% from 3 as a FR to 27% as a SO, & then to leading the team in 3 pt. % w/ 36% last year. If he improved 8.5% a year getting the same coaching for 3 years, I imagine Howland & Co.'s tutelage is worth another significant improvement. You start getting ceiling effects around 40% but I think Howland can bring another 3-4% out of him.