PDA

View Full Version : Chris jones

Homedawg
08-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Someone w a damn brain please tell Chris he isn't and never will be an end, please stop talking about it and produce. If he does, he will be rich, if he doesn't, he will be a what could have been. Sorry it's true. Since he was 300lbs his sr year at super bulldog weekend he was never ever going to be an end.
Eta, this was posted due to jones remark that he was "down" to 305 because he thought he would get to play more end!

msstate7
08-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Surely our coaches tell him. His phone buddy probably tells Chris that he should be at de

Homedawg
08-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Surely our coaches tell him. His phone buddy probably tells Chris that he should be at de

He'd be at dt in Oxford too! Anyone can see this......except, him I guess.

ShotgunDawg
08-04-2015, 09:16 PM
More than anything, it's time for Chris to be a leader and do what's in the best interest of the team instead of himself. Hopefully he realizes this

shoeless joe
08-04-2015, 09:18 PM
More than anything, it's time for Chris to be a leader and do what's in the best interest of the team instead of himself. Hopefully he realizes this

Thing about it is that those things are one in the same...

msstate7
08-04-2015, 09:19 PM
What brought this up by the way?

If Chris isn't buying into playing dt, there's no way we win 9-10 games. Chris has to live up to potential to get to that win total

Homedawg
08-04-2015, 09:20 PM

The one problem is the best interest of the team is the best interest of Chris- both the same- he just can't see it or doesn't want to at this point. I hope he isn't here next year because if he plays like he is capable, he will be an early entry. Hope that's the case.

Schultzy
08-04-2015, 09:22 PM
He's worked himself into very good shape and all you can do is bitch about it. So what if he'd like to play end, he's always played hard for us at tackle and end.

Homedawg
08-04-2015, 09:22 PM
What brought this up by the way?

If Chris isn't buying into playing dt, there's no way we win 9-10 games. Chris has to live up to potential to get to that win total

Because he told bob he was at 305 due to fact he was planning on playing a lot of de. Ugh. Point is, he keeps bringing it up, not the press. In his mind he was and always will be an end.

Homedawg
08-04-2015, 09:24 PM
He's worked himself into very good shape and all you can do is bitch about it. So what if he'd like to play end, he's always played hard for us at tackle and end.

He's always played hard? Better go watch some tape bro. His problem is he takes plays off. That's a fact. I don't like getting on our guys, but when a guy dogs it I will and he has.

pilldawg
08-04-2015, 09:29 PM
say he wants to play DE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stSuQKCvOHw

Covercorner2
08-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Because he told bob he was at 305 due to fact he was planning on playing a lot of de. Ugh. Point is, he keeps bringing it up, not the press. In his mind he was and always will be an end.

DUDE. Read Bob's tweet. Where does its say that Chris WANTS to play DE? It says he partially anticipates playing some end. Ever thought that maybe that's what the coaches want? Also have you ever thought that we are weaker at DT than LB and maybe he will play some end in a 3-4 to get the most talent on the field. Some of our fans throw players under the bus more than Freezus...

Schultzy
08-04-2015, 09:37 PM
When you have the talent to occupy two blockers it can be seen that way. McElroy never played DL so his BS comments may fill airtime but he knows DT's have zone responsibilities too.

Don't take every comment the pundits make so seriously. No 300 lb. DT in America can go full bore every single play, pros included. Any football game you watch will show that.

Get over yourself, we so love to eat our own.

thf24
08-04-2015, 09:40 PM
DUDE. Read Bob's tweet. Where does its say that Chris WANTS to play DE? It says he partially anticipates playing some end. Ever thought that maybe that's what the coaches want? Also have you ever thought that we are weaker at DT than LB and maybe he will play some end in a 3-4 to get the most talent on the field. Some of our fans throw players under the bus more than Freezus...

Now that we actually have some context, this is a non-issue. He's always moved around and played end on some downs.

Barking 13
08-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Once again... can we just let Manny figure out how to use him?

Homedawg
08-04-2015, 09:46 PM
When you have the talent to occupy two blockers it can be seen that way. McElroy never played DL so his BS comments may fill airtime but he knows DT's have zone responsibilities too.

Don't take every comment the pundits make so seriously. No 300 lb. DT in America can go full bore every single play, pros included. Any football game you watch will show that.

Get over yourself, we so love to eat our own.
I don't need a pundit to show me that Cj didn't play hard every down. I've got eyes. It's not even close. But as for your pro comparison, he played 35 snaps a game or so, he should be able to go hard every snap. Sorry I "ate my own". Hell he has first round talent, i said it, everyone says it, his effort will prove it out or not.

Schultzy
08-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Once again... can we just let Manny figure out how to use him?

Exactly, and I bet he will.

Geoff Collins dumb ass couldn't even figure out how to use McKinney.

Barking 13
08-04-2015, 09:53 PM

my point...

Homedawg
08-04-2015, 10:09 PM

Geoff Collins wasn't stupid. He parlayed it to the fla job, clearly he's an idiot and everyone saw it!

BayouDawg
08-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Well even if Chris was half assing it last year he still ended up with more sacks the bong boy up at UNM. So
Maybe he'll "full ass" it this year and be the dominant force we know he can be. And I don't care if it's at DE, DT, NT, or wherever the hell we line him up. I just want him goin for blood every play.

DancingRabbit
08-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Geoff Collins wasn't stupid. He parlayed it to the fla job, clearly he's an idiot and everyone saw it!

Collins wasn't "turrible", but I feel better with Diaz running our defense. Statistically we were very respectable for scoring defense, but we gave up a lot of yards and too many big pass plays. I think Manny's defense will be better at getting off the field and giving the ball back to Dak.

Homedawg
08-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Collins wasn't "turrible", but I feel better with Diaz running our defense. Statistically we were very respectable for scoring defense, but we gave up a lot of yards and too many big pass plays. I think Manny's defense will be better at getting off the field and giving the ball back to Dak.

I love manny, huge fan. But last time I checked the W doesn't go to the team either most yards- ask tusk!

cheewgumm
08-04-2015, 10:59 PM
This is what bothers me
Most about your rival coach talking to one of your best players. I'm not trying to bring it back up but you can affect a kids mood really easy. Like someone mentioned in this thread...

" yeah, if you were here you'd be an end"
" we'll just hang in there... You'll be a pro soon."
" you can only play your best at your true position and that's DE."

etc...
Etc....

Little things that kill motivation.

DancingRabbit
08-04-2015, 11:02 PM
I love manny, huge fan. But last time I checked the W doesn't go to the team either most yards- ask tusk!

Last year we were 8th in the SEC in scoring defense. When Manny was here we were 3rd in the SEC in scoring defense.

You misunderstood me. I think we will improve our scoring defense some and our total defense and pass defense a lot. Good lord, we were 12th in total defense and dead last in pass defense last year.

Coach34
08-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Chris Jones is a 1st round millionaire DT

Chris Jones is a CFL DE at best

TUSK
08-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Chris Jones is a 1st round millionaire DT

Chris Jones is a CFL DE at best

Wha?

Coach34
08-04-2015, 11:21 PM
Wha?

He can be a 3-4 DE- which is basically a DT. He is a CFL player as a 4-3 DE.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-05-2015, 07:58 AM

You're not the only one who thought that when you heard it. Robbie on No Holds Barred talks about it at the 19:20 mark on today's "Day two of fall camp in the books for Miss state" podcast.http://www.bulldogsportsradio.com/

BrunswickDawg
08-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Bob now has his article out - I suggest reading it https://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2015/08/04/under-new-scheme-chris-jones-aiming-for-breakout-junior-campaign/

I think this paragraph is telling:
He’s got reason to believe he will, too, as a new scheme under new defensive coordinator Manny Diaz ought to showcase Jones’ immense talents. To hear the 6’6” behemoth explain it, the defense last year had the defensive line setting things up for the linebackers to make plays. The plan under Diaz, Jones says, is for the defensive linemen to be the ones making those big plays as the scheme puts he and his teammates in one-on-one situations with an opportunity to get in the backfield quickly.

Coach007
08-05-2015, 09:24 AM

Yeah, people read into what was stated. Just like the weight of dak.

Dawg Corps
08-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Bob's article on Jones was a good read.