PDA

View Full Version : Akers commits to Bama

ShotgunDawg
08-04-2015, 06:11 PM
It won't stick, but I'm really beginning to wonder what Alabama is doing to get these kids, that utilimatly sign with a Mississippi school, to commit to them so early.

It wasn't a month ago that Akers called LSU his "dream school". Baffling why he would commit to Bama so early.

Again, not worried about this sticking. Just an interesting deal that's going on with Bama. The pattern is repeating itself.

Jacksondevildog
08-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Sign Kylin Hill and it won't matter.

Leroy Jenkins
08-04-2015, 06:28 PM
"I probably won't decommit but it's available if I have to. As of right now, I know where I'm going."

TUSK
08-04-2015, 06:34 PM
It won't stick, but I'm really beginning to wonder what Alabama is doing to get these kids, that utilimatly sign with a Mississippi school, to commit to them so early.

It wasn't a month ago that Akers called LSU his "dream school". Baffling why he would commit to Bama so early.

Again, not worried about this sticking. Just an interesting deal that's going on with Bama. The pattern is repeating itself.

maybe he wants a 5th star...*

Harrydawg
08-04-2015, 06:34 PM
He will wind up at LSU, family are life long fans.

Covercorner2
08-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Maybe I'm way off base, but I could see this happening for a number of reasons:
1. They justify their ranking. Receive more evaluation/exposure. May even get a bump just by being committed to BAMA.
2. They get their moment in the spotlight. "I was once committed to BAMA. I am so good that I have a commitable offer," which ultimately leads to...

3. They become rock stars among their peers, other coaches, fans, etc. They in a sense become more valuable and promote their own "brand" and their "stock" rises.

TUSK
08-04-2015, 06:44 PM
1. They justify their ranking. Receive more evaluation/exposure. May even get a bump just by being committed to BAMA.
2. They get their moment in the spotlight. "I was once committed to BAMA. I am so good that I have a commitable offer," which ultimately leads to...

3. They become rock stars among their peers, other coaches, fans, etc. They in a sense become more valuable and promote their own "brand" and their "stock" rises.

also, I think some prospects (that might be "marginal" - i.e. high 3* and low 4*) commit early while there's still room in the class...

I'm NOT saying this particular guy is "marginal"... he may be legit (#54 with 247 is strong), but this is the first I've heard of him...

CadaverDawg
08-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Won't stick, I was told by engie and WMD "when has there ever been a player from Clinton we wanted and didn't get". Nothing to see here.**

I actually think we still have a good shot at him.

GreenheadDawg
08-04-2015, 07:26 PM
He will probably change his tune once the 5 star RBs start piling in.

msstate7
08-04-2015, 07:27 PM

4. They just like bama

Leroy Jenkins
08-04-2015, 07:30 PM
He will probably change his tune once the 5 star RBs start piling in.

The 1# RB for 2017 is already committed to them. Depending on what service you believe Akers is #5.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-04-2015, 08:17 PM
That makes 2 with him and Bowie and from what I've read Bowie is all bama.

Covercorner2
08-04-2015, 08:37 PM
4. They just like bama

I was referring to why they commit early then decommit.

msstate7
08-04-2015, 09:04 PM
I was referring to why they commit early then decommit.

Gotcha. Sorry

5 Star
08-05-2015, 08:36 AM
I don't see the problem, let's just go into the state of Alabama and take a 3 star that they overlooked. We seemed to be having great success with those guys. Louisiana too.