PDA

View Full Version : Tigahs already looking ahead.

Leroy Jenkins
08-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Ross Dellenger ‏@DellengerAdv
Re-listening to Beckwith audio from SECMDs. He said #LSU DC Kevin Steele has already put in a game plan for MSU game in Week 2.

FISHDAWG
08-04-2015, 04:53 PM
that's expected because he didn't have much of a plan last year

5 Star
08-04-2015, 05:02 PM
I don't think it matters. I don't see any way they are going to come to Starkville and beat us. Barring a typical MSU meltdown, though I'm hoping we've outgrown that crap.

Really Clark?
08-04-2015, 05:10 PM
that's expected because he didn't have much of a plan last year

Yeah I don't think Saban would let him game plan for LSU last year while still coaching at Bama.

TrapGame
08-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Re-listening to Beckwith audio from SECMDs. He said #LSU DC Kevin Steele has already put in a game plan for MSU game in Week 2.

It better be better than the one had for West Virginia when they scored 70 on Clemson.

Statefan
08-04-2015, 05:15 PM

Dammit! Now we only have 5 weeks to throw some wrinkles into the game plan

Unless Steele can plan how Jennings gets the ball to a receiver they are in trouble

Leroy Jenkins
08-04-2015, 05:21 PM
HEY, KEVIN! You may have to pitch a shutout.

https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11251883_1074093765936438_7244369230419197979_n.jp g?oh=0635afb6382f95aa6452e5d6d711c416&oe=56482CE2

BulldogBear
08-04-2015, 05:24 PM
I'm sure it's pretty much put 8-9 in the box and to stop Dak and doubleteam Wilson...

...Surely it will work 'cause nobody else can run the ball and DP has no one to throw to*****

....Can't wait to see it start to sink in when they realize they have no answer. And then there's the problem that they'll need to score a lot of points. Hard times comin' on da Bayou Sunday 9/13

DancingRabbit
08-04-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm sure that game will be a large part of our fall camp, but I doubt our coaches are going to say that to anyone.

BulldogBear
08-04-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm sure that game will be a large part of our fall camp, but I doubt our coaches are going to say that to anyone.

I agree. It's hard to overemphasize how important this game is to our season. It can be the difference between 7-5 or 10-2

Statefan
08-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Lsu will be too busy worrying about their CBS game week 3 against Auburn too... Sets up pretty well

I seen it dawg
08-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Just like I said last year...

Jack Lambert
08-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Yeah I don't think Saban would let him game plan for LSU last year while still coaching at Bama.

Doesn't matter who the DC is, Miles is still head coach and in two games he hasn't figure out how to stop Dak. Two years in a roll he ran all over them and it's going to happen again. They better hope they have their Offense figured out. They havn't played in the New DWS with all the sound trapped due to the bowl and two jumbo video at each end. I can't wait to watch them try to get plays in with 60,000 cowbell ringing.

klong-dog
08-04-2015, 08:00 PM
As long as we don't let LF run wild on us for 150 plus, or let Dural or Dupri scorch us on a couple of bombs we'll beat that Tigah ass by 10 plus.

Dawgcentral
08-04-2015, 08:44 PM
They "game planned" for us last year also. I'm not concerned.

Really Clark?
08-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Doesn't matter who the DC is, Miles is still head coach and in two games he hasn't figure out how to stop Dak. Two years in a roll he ran all over them and it's going to happen again. They better hope they have their Offense figured out. They havn't played in the New DWS with all the sound trapped due to the bowl and two jumbo video at each end. I can't wait to watch them try to get plays in with 60,000 cowbell ringing.

What does Miles as the head coach have to do with defensive game planning? Yeah Miles is not the sharpest tool in the shed but if has his hand on anything it would be offense.

And I was just making light of the fact the Steele wasn't even at LSU last year when the poster talked about him not being able to game plan to stop Dak.

IMissJack
08-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Talking to an LSU attorney friend of mine today, and he said 8-4 to 7-5 is what he expects this year. He was not optimistic.

pilldawg
08-04-2015, 09:40 PM
John Chavis is probably the best defensive coordinator in the league vs. the high powered spread offenses and he couldn't slow ours down. Good luck Kevin Steele!

FISHDAWG
08-05-2015, 08:03 AM

man, I walked right into that one .... he still wont have a good enough plan for us @ aTm

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss345/sun_of_the_patriots/Nuclear%20War/castle-bravo-atomic-nuclear-bomb-te.jpg

Saltydog
08-05-2015, 08:08 AM
This isn't some SWAC team. Do I think we can win, absolutely. Do I take it for granted and guarantee a win, no. Remember our record against LSU. We just haven't had a lot of luck against them in the past and one thing LSU has is talent and that in and of itself can sometime overcome bad coaching. Now, I hope the tides have changed so I'm going to approach this one as "cautiously optimistic". We may beat them but we'll definitley have our hands full no doubt.

DancingRabbit
08-05-2015, 09:02 AM
This isn't some SWAC team. Do I think we can win, absolutely. Do I take it for granted and guarantee a win, no. Remember our record against LSU. We just haven't had a lot of luck against them in the past. Now, I hope the tides have changed so I'm going to approach this one as "cautiously optimistic". We may beat them but we'll definitley have our hands full no doubt.

There are no automatic wins in the SECW. But besides Kentucky, LSU and OM are our "easiest" opportunities in the SEC.

I don't think Missouri, Arkansas and aTm will be world-beaters but playing on the road in conference always adds another level of difficulty.

If we lose to LSU then I'm afraid all the "experts" will be proven right.

HancockCountyDog
08-05-2015, 09:12 AM
There are no automatic wins in the SECW. But besides Kentucky, LSU and OM are our "easiest" opportunities in the SEC.

I don't think Missouri, Arkansas and aTm will be world-beaters but playing on the road in conference always adds another level of difficulty.

If we lose to LSU then I'm afraid all the "experts" will be proven right.

I honestly think whoever loses the on September 12th will go 7-5 or at best 8-4.

If its Miles - he gets canned.

RiverCityDawg
08-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Remember our record against LSU. We just haven't had a lot of luck against them in the past.

I'm not counting this as a gimme either, but basing anything about this years matchup on our historical record against LSU is equally dumb. You can maybe look at the last 3-4 years to see how teams have matched up, but even then there's so many variables that change from year to year. Do I think their recent dominance over us caused their players to overlook us a bit last year? Sure, it was a factor, but we utterly dominated them in evey way.

The fact that they handled us pretty easily between 1999-2014 does not give them any type of edge this year. Past "luck" has no impact...That's a classic gambler's fallacy. It's our current players and coaches against theirs and I think most people are looking at that and like our chances on that basis.

HSVDawg
08-05-2015, 10:31 AM
This isn't some SWAC team. Do I think we can win, absolutely. Do I take it for granted and guarantee a win, no. Remember our record against LSU. We just haven't had a lot of luck against them in the past and one thing LSU has is talent and that in and of itself can sometime overcome bad coaching. Now, I hope the tides have changed so I'm going to approach this one as "cautiously optimistic". We may beat them but we'll definitley have our hands full no doubt.

Other than Dak getting a major injury in the first quarter or against USM, there is zero excuse for us losing this game. Really no other way to put it. Most people are optimistic about this game because they have to be. There is no path for a season that is 8-4 or better that includes a loss at home to LSU.

TrapGame
08-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Other than Dak getting a major injury in the first quarter or against USM, there is zero excuse for us losing this game. Really no other way to put it. Most people are optimistic about this game because they have to be. There is no path for a season that is 8-4 or better that includes a loss at home to LSU.

Bingo!

No respect is given unless we beat LSU two in a row. They beat us and last year is chalked up as a fluke.

scottycameron
08-05-2015, 10:42 AM

Look for more of the same this year, Dak running downhill all game. Can't wait to see another stiffarm plant in the ground, LOL. Maybe my favorite memory of the year.

With Dak slimming way down and putting on all this extra weight it's going to be even worse this year*
Not to mention the crowd with the good guys this year. Easiest bet on the board week 2, wrong team favored. I'm loading up, don't blame me when you miss out.

Jack Lambert
08-05-2015, 12:02 PM
What does Miles as the head coach have to do with defensive game planning? Yeah Miles is not the sharpest tool in the shed but if has his hand on anything it would be offense.

And I was just making light of the fact the Steele wasn't even at LSU last year when the poster talked about him not being able to game plan to stop Dak.

I would be willing to bet he has his hand on everthing. Too much pressure at that job.

Jack Lambert
08-05-2015, 12:05 PM

I remember our record agaist Arkansas and we have beaten them three years running.

BulldogBear
08-05-2015, 12:10 PM

I think it's really more about refuting the idea of everyone not wearing maroon and white that this is an auto "W" for the Tiguhs. They (LSU) are really getting set up for a good ol' fashioned whuppin'

"...but, but, it's Mittippit tate. Dey can't beat us by double digits. It's not right."

5 Star
08-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Adding to what HSVDawg said, we will be jacked beyond belief in front of a night crowd at home, after coming off somewhat of an easy opening week game. We'll likely be playing as well as we can play. Essentially, if we don't win it, then the year will suck.

Of course, I share your cautiousness, but we have every advantage so if we're worth a crap, we'll win. I am also a little nervous about Hattiesburg, playing on the road is always dangerous.

Really Clark?
08-05-2015, 12:12 PM
I would be willing to bet he has his hand on everthing. Too much pressure at that job.

Miles is not game planning or calling defensive plays. That's just not who he is or even the side of the ball he has ever coached.

Jack Lambert
08-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Miles is not game planning or calling defensive plays. That's just not who he is or even the side of the ball he has ever coached.

You probably right.

I seen it dawg
08-05-2015, 12:33 PM

One program rising fast. The other with some turmoil ahead and an inevitable coaching change. We are finally where we need to be in this series. We are about to run off some wins against them.

maroonmania
08-05-2015, 12:44 PM

I tend to agree. I fully believe we should win but there is still seemingly some kind of hex when we play LSU. I mean last year we absolutely dominated them in nearly every phase of the game and it still came down to the last play before we could secure the win. Nothing against LSU should be taken for granted.

5 Star
08-05-2015, 02:40 PM
I fully believe we should win but there is still seemingly some kind of hex when we play LSU.
No real hex, they just are always superior athletically. We were comparable to them in 2010 but we were flat as could be. All the other years, they just out-talented us (I'm talking Mullen Era). We just choked away the 2009 game, out-played them but we just weren't ready to win.

People say Arkansas had a hex over us as well. No, I say, we were just always similarly talented but flat as hell vs. them because we played them between Alabama and Ole Miss. 2010 is literally the only time I ever remember us being jacked to play Arkansas.

maroonmania
08-05-2015, 03:01 PM
No real hex, they just are always superior athletically. We were comparable to them in 2010 but we were flat as could be. All the other years, they just out-talented us (I'm talking Mullen Era). We just choked away the 2009 game, out-played them but we just weren't ready to win.

People say Arkansas had a hex over us as well. No, I say, we were just always similarly talented but flat as hell vs. them because we played them between Alabama and Ole Miss. 2010 is literally the only time I ever remember us being jacked to play Arkansas.

Exactly, the Arkansas game will always be difficult between AL and OM. No real hex there. In fact, the only year recently we've beaten them when they were sandwiched in between our 2 biggest rivals was 2 years ago up there in overtime playing against one of the worst Arkansas teams of the last few decades. I so wished we could have kept them on the schedule where they fell last year.

Tbonewannabe
08-05-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm not counting this as a gimme either, but basing anything about this years matchup on our historical record against LSU is equally dumb. You can maybe look at the last 3-4 years to see how teams have matched up, but even then there's so many variables that change from year to year. Do I think their recent dominance over us caused their players to overlook us a bit last year? Sure, it was a factor, but we utterly dominated them in evey way.

The fact that they handled us pretty easily between 1999-2014 does not give them any type of edge this year. Past "luck" has no impact...That's a classic gambler's fallacy. It's our current players and coaches against theirs and I think most people are looking at that and like our chances on that basis.

I don't think they have handled us easily lately. If Tyson Lee pitched the ball we win. We have had some really close games.

smootness
08-05-2015, 04:45 PM
We're going to murder LSU.

Dak will throw for 300+, and everybody's going to sit back and go, 'What the heck just happened?'

defiantdog
08-05-2015, 04:57 PM

He has to figure out what scheme he's going to run before he determines a gameplan. Les Miles is giving full reigns to a guy who has never had full reigns. I expect LSU to be in crazy 2 linebacker sets, have 7 dbs on the field at once, and run anywhere from 2 to 5 down linemen in a single series. Steele is used to working with freak athletes from Alabama, but now he has to work with freak athletes that are undisciplined. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they can pull off complicated defensive schemes. Realistically, look for a lot of cover 2s and man-to-man with 8 in the box. Steele may say he has a gameplan now, but I'm not sure the implementation will be ready by game time.

defiantdog
08-05-2015, 04:59 PM
We're going to murder LSU.

Dak will throw for 300+, and everybody's going to sit back and go, 'What the heck just happened?'

I don't think LSU has their shit together by any means, but their strongest players are on the corners. We're going to have to pound the ball to beat them.

DancingRabbit
08-05-2015, 05:04 PM
I bet we see this play shown a few times that week. If Les was smart he'd have it on a loop in the training room.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/64/f8/c2/64f8c2e495abf8869dccfbc69956c29f.jpg

MSUDawg4Life
08-05-2015, 05:30 PM
He has to figure out what scheme he's going to run before he determines a gameplan. Les Miles is giving full reigns to a guy who has never had full reigns. I expect LSU to be in crazy 2 linebacker sets, have 7 dbs on the field at once, and run anywhere from 2 to 5 down linemen in a single series. Steele is used to working with freak athletes from Alabama, but now he has to work with freak athletes that are undisciplined. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they can pull off complicated defensive schemes. Realistically, look for a lot of cover 2s and man-to-man with 8 in the box. Steele may say he has a gameplan now, but I'm not sure the implementation will be ready by game time.

I'm not expecting anything like that. LSU is going to run their regular 4-3 or 4-2-5. I expect them to play straight up and try to outman us. I seriously doubt we see anything more exotic than a corner blitz.

sandwolf
08-05-2015, 05:45 PM
He has to figure out what scheme he's going to run before he determines a gameplan. Les Miles is giving full reigns to a guy who has never had full reigns.

Steel was the DC at Clemson from 2009-2012 and at Bama in 2007, so he has a fair amount of experience running the show.

DawgPoundtheRock
08-05-2015, 06:01 PM
There are no gimme's in the SECW. Any team can beat any other team on a given day. I feel that we should beat LSU, but who knows. That's what makes it so much fun.

Dawgcentral
08-05-2015, 06:17 PM
I certainly don't think it's a gimmie. I just feel like it's a match up we have at home, against a team that's going to load up and run the ball at us. Make them get away from running the ball and they play into Manny's trap.

VandelayIndustries
08-07-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm already nervous for this game, like others have said win here and it could be a great season. Lose and who knows where our season goes

Bothrops
08-07-2015, 12:54 PM
We haven't shown a home field advantage against Lsu that I can remember. This year it has to change, or that will continue.

TrueMaroon
08-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Steel was the DC at Clemson from 2009-2012 and at Bama in 2007, so he has a fair amount of experience running the show.

You do know he gave up 70 points in a bowl game?

TrapGame
08-07-2015, 01:54 PM
You do know he gave up 70 points in a bowl game?

To West Virginia who had like 700 yards of total offense against Clemson. I don't think Steele plans well versus dual threat QBs.