PDA

View Full Version : Dak Prescott: "I really haven't lost any pounds."

MSUDawg4Life
08-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Straight from the horse's mouth.

I loved the expression on Dak's face when he was being asked that question. Made me laugh.

I tried to tell you people that you didn't know what you were talking about, but ... noooooooooooo. Y'all can tell for certain that he's lost a lot of weight and that means we're going to change the offense.

lol

Maroon_and_white
08-04-2015, 03:41 PM
........ If you can't see hes less bulky and more trim compared to last year then there's no hope for you

Coastdog28
08-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Well, he isn't wearing a full set of pads or his chest protector. So, of course he'll look slimmer.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 03:55 PM
You can tone up or slim up without losing weight. He's not as bulky or muscular as last year. He's streamlined his body more. That's fact not opinion.

1bigdawg
08-04-2015, 03:58 PM
It is also possible that he has added some muscle mass and lost a little fat. That would make him leaner and the same weight.

MSUDawg4Life
08-04-2015, 04:00 PM
You can tone up or slim up without losing weight. He's not as bulky or muscular as last year. He's streamlined his body more. That's fact not opinion.

Don't try to change it now. Y'all said he lost weight. He didn't.

I even said he could change his body without losing weight. The bottom line is he didn't lose any weight.

FlabLoser
08-04-2015, 04:01 PM
He reduced his body fat percentage. When you are that in shape, this doesn't mean much in terms of weight.

Dawg Corps
08-04-2015, 04:07 PM
There is clearly some high-level science going on in this thread.

Jack Lambert
08-04-2015, 04:13 PM
There is clearly some high-level science going on in this thread.

I agree. A bunch of cheetos eater arguing over how to lose fat but not lose weight. I know one thing he looks thinner and fat burns off a whole lot faster than you can put muscle on.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Don't try to change it now. Y'all said he lost weight. He didn't.

I even said he could change his body without losing weight. The bottom line is he didn't lose any weight.

Did I? This was my very 1st post the other day.

1. Dak has slimmed his body up. Does that mean he weighs any less? Maybe not but he's done the work to be more flexible & not as bulky.

mstatefan91
08-04-2015, 04:29 PM
It's a relatively simple thing to do. Lose about 15 pounds right after spring training. Put those 15 pounds back on while keeping your conditioning level high. Bada boom, leaner appearance. Same weight...

mstatefan91
08-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Or you can go the route of losing fat and trying to gain muscle at the same time. It just generally takes a long time to see any results. Like a year or more.. if ever

confucius say
08-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Are we still debating this? Geez. Anybody who has watched him for 3 years can tell you he is smaller/leaner/slimmer whatever. Semantics.

MSUDawg4Life
08-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Are we still debating this? Geez. Anybody who has watched him for 3 years can tell you he is smaller/leaner/slimmer whatever. Semantics.

Not debating anything at all.

Dak says he hasn't lost any pounds. I'm satisfied. Other people may be trying to save face, but I'm satisfied.

mstatefan91
08-04-2015, 04:39 PM
I believe he is slimmer. I also believe that the reason he is slimmer is because he shed some fat and replaced it with muscle in the off season.

Whether that has any real impact on our offensive scheme... meh probably not. This was probably more of a decision to give Dak better pocket mobility for nfl scouts.

If it greatly increases his overall speed on the ground, I will be surprised. But we shall see soon enough

scottycameron
08-04-2015, 04:40 PM

Y'all nerds need to periscope him and find out the amazing truth behind smaller yet bigger. Turn your periscope on and check him out. see what he's eating.

mstatefan91
08-04-2015, 04:42 PM

Dak says he hasn't lost any pounds. I'm satisfied. Other people may be trying to save face, but I'm satisfied.

Guarantee you that if you had a body fat test from last season to compare to this season that Dak would have a greater percentage of lean body mass this year. All you have to do is look at his face.

msstate7
08-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Please Lord let the season start so this will end

confucius say
08-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Please Lord let the season start so this will end

+1

BeastMan
08-04-2015, 05:23 PM

Youre tripping me out. How about this: I'll bet you all of your Vcash that his weight at the NFL combine will not be the same as what the roster says.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?32801-Prescott-s-Physique-Foreshadowing-for-the-Future

There's the link to the thread. Check your responses. The first thing you said was that he's not slimmer which is not correct. The next post you say it's he's probably the same weight with less body fat. Anyone who has ever weight trained will tell you that doesn't make sense. If I'm 230 at 6.8 bf and then 6 months later I'm 230 at 4% bf, I'm bulkier at 4% than I was at 6.8% because my muscles got bigger to offset the fat loss. Dak lost some bulk and looks completely different as a result of a completely different set of stimuli to his body. All I'm saying is you immediately got defensive (and I'm not sure why) and are turning this into a stupid argument. I'm excited Dak has remade his body and think it's a precursor to a big senior year.

BulldogDX55
08-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Y'all nerds need to periscope him and find out the amazing truth behind smaller yet bigger. Turn your periscope on and check him out. see what he's eating.

Why do you hate an app that you don't even understand so much? Sorry you're old, I guess.

BeastMan
08-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Dak has done literally the same thing that Lebron James just did with his body. Slim down and improve flexibility for dividends in agility and durability. What does Dak and Bron have in common? Their bodies will take on the wear and tear to carry their teams and they wanted to make improvements to accommodate that. This is the next level for Dak and I cannot figure out why some people act like this is a negative. This is going to make Dak a better thrower which fits MSU's returning weapons and make him less injury prone. This is a really good thing.

MSUDawg4Life
08-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Youre tripping me out. How about this: I'll bet you all of your Vcash that his weight at the NFL combine will not be the same as what the roster says.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?32801-Prescott-s-Physique-Foreshadowing-for-the-Future

There's the link to the thread. Check your responses. The first thing you said was that he's not slimmer which is not correct. The next post you say it's he's probably the same weight with less body fat. Anyone who has ever weight trained will tell you that doesn't make sense. If I'm 230 at 6.8 bf and then 6 months later I'm 230 at 4% bf, I'm bulkier at 4% than I was at 6.8% because my muscles got bigger to offset the fat loss. Dak lost some bulk and looks completely different as a result of a completely different set of stimuli to his body. All I'm saying is you immediately got defensive (and I'm not sure why) and are turning this into a stupid argument. I'm excited Dak has remade his body and think it's a precursor to a big senior year.

:D

You shouldn't have linked that thread. Got defensive? You got defensive after the very FIRST response in the thread when Flabloser said he didn't see it. Your response?

If you don't think Dak has lost weight (A) You're blind (B) Need to click the link and listen to Mike Detillier on OOB who has covered him since HS (C) Roster weights are as worthless as weights on women's drivers licenses

I say I'm not buying it either and you go off the deep end.

Here's the bottom line: You say Dak has lost weight or we need to listen to Detillier. Dak says he hasn't lost any weight.

I think I'll go with what Dak says. Period. End of story.

mstatefan91
08-04-2015, 05:59 PM
You are actually less bulky at 4% bf as compared to say 7% bf at the same body weight.

Want to know why? It takes less muscle than it does fat to put on the same amount of weight.

BeastMan
08-04-2015, 06:11 PM

You shouldn't have linked that thread. Got defensive? You got defensive after the very FIRST response in the thread when Flabloser said he didn't see it. Your response?

I say I'm not buying it either and you go off the deep end.

Here's the bottom line: You say Dak has lost weight or we need to listen to Detillier. Dak says he hasn't lost any weight.

I think I'll go with what Dak says. Period. End of story.

These are the biggest 2 points: (1) You say Dak didn't lose weight/trim down/cut up. We'll see what the NFL combine says. You show me one roster weight that matches what the combine says. Don't worry, I'll wait... (2) You say we won't throw it more in 2015. We'll find that out pretty quickly.

I'm more than confident in both my assertions.

BulldogBear
08-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Yawn

MSUDawg4Life
08-04-2015, 06:23 PM
These are the biggest 2 points: (1) You say Dak didn't lose weight/trim down/cut up. We'll see what the NFL combine says. You show me one roster weight that matches what the combine says. Don't worry, I'll wait... (2) You say we won't throw it more in 2015. We'll find that out pretty quickly.

I'm more than confident in both my assertions.

Man, just say you were wrong. That's all you have to do.

I never said he is not cut up. Draft day has nothing to do with what he weighs today or last week.

Never said we won't throw the ball more. We have a senior QB and better receivers, we should get better production from our passing game. We're not going to become a "pass-centric" offense though.

If you're going to write articles, you have to get used to people disagreeing with you. It's not an attack on you personally. People just disagree with your point, that's all. Calm down.

BeastMan
08-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Man, just say you were wrong. That's all you have to do.

I never said he is not cut up. Draft day has nothing to do with what he weighs today or last week.

Never said we won't throw the ball more. We have a senior QB and better receivers, we should get better production from our passing game. We're not going to because a "pass-centric" offense though.

If you're going to write articles, you have to get used to people disagreeing with you. It's not an attack on you personally. People just disagree with your point, that's all. Calm down.

There is literally nothing in that article that is inaccurate and the linked thread shows you going full circle changing your argument numerous times and also arguing things that weren't said. I'm fine with my stance on this.

MSUDawg4Life
08-04-2015, 06:29 PM
There is literally nothing in that article that is inaccurate and the linked thread shows you going full circle changing your argument numerous times and also arguing things that weren't said. I'm fine with my stance on this.

Cool.

You say Dak has lost weight. Dak says he hasn't.

I'm fine with your stance too. I just never believed it. lol

BeardoMSU
08-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Dear this thread,

please....
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131206145346/walkingdead/images/e/ec/Raw.gif

mstatefan91
08-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Betelgeuse
Betelgeuse
Betelgeuse

Sorry. It's just that it gets my attention every time. Lol

BeardoMSU
08-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Betelgeuse
Betelgeuse
Betelgeuse

Sorry. It's just that it gets my attention every time. Lol

Yeah, lol. That infomercial scene is classic.

Leroy Jenkins
08-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Hey you two, knock it off. Quit pulling your sisters hair.

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Who's tried the new grilled stuffed nacho from Taco Bell? I've heard they're really good.

BeardoMSU
08-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Who's tried the new grilled stuffed nacho from Taco Bell? I've heard they're really good.

I found it quite shallow and pedantic, tbh***

BiscuitEater
08-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Or you can go the route of losing fat and trying to gain muscle at the same time. It just generally takes a long time to see any results. Like a year or more.. if ever

May be true if ~40 year old working out after work. NOT true and it can be done way faster if you are a ~20 year old eating right and working out 7 hours a day, 6 days a week.

GreenheadDawg
08-04-2015, 07:33 PM
I found it quite shallow and pedantic, tbh***

Haha, nice

I seen it dawg
08-04-2015, 07:43 PM
He's a fullback

LC Dawg
08-04-2015, 07:43 PM
It would be a lot more interesting to discuss the bodies of our volleyball players.

BeardoMSU
08-04-2015, 07:59 PM
It would be a lot more interesting to discuss the bodies of the Top Gun volleyball players.

Ask and you shall receive*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmfd9etbXGE

Coach007
08-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Straight from the horse's mouth.

I loved the expression on Dak's face when he was being asked that question. Made me laugh.

I tried to tell you people that you didn't know what you were talking about, but ... noooooooooooo. Y'all can tell for certain that he's lost a lot of weight and that means we're going to change the offense.

lol

Fact. You can weigh the same and be trimmer.

Leroy Jenkins
08-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Ask and you shall receive*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmfd9etbXGE

Val Kilmer FTW

http://hollywoodmeasurements.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/val-kilmer-height-weight.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/13/article-2100254-11B448C6000005DC-113_468x613.jpg

BeardoMSU
08-04-2015, 08:12 PM
Val Kilmer FTW

http://hollywoodmeasurements.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/val-kilmer-height-weight.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/13/article-2100254-11B448C6000005DC-113_468x613.jpg

Yeah, Maverick has really let himself go too....

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2v0zl89.jpg

Also, time hasn't been kind to Kelly....

http://web-images.chacha.com/images/Gallery/5768/where-are-these-80s-movie-stars-now-1806792190-apr-11-2013-1-600x500.jpg

smootness
08-04-2015, 08:13 PM
This whole topic is so stupid. If Dak is leaner (even at the same weight), and if this in some way makes him the slightest bit less effective as a 3rd-and-short back, then that will mean we have plans to use Fitzgerald or Staley some in those situations.

Regardless, any changes Dak has made were obviously done intentionally with the purpose of making him better; so I trust they will do just that.

It's not like Dak reached his senior year of college after tons of success as a junior and said, 'Eh, who cares about football, I'm going to go ahead and prepare for my life in sales.'

Jack Lambert
08-04-2015, 08:13 PM
May be true if ~40 year old working out after work. NOT true and it can be done way faster if you are a ~20 year old eating right and working out 7 hours a day, 6 days a week.

I am sorry but I know you don't know what you are talking about. I don't talk much smack about myself but I have been lifting weights since I was 15. I have competed in two body building shows in my life. Today I have 20" biceps. If you don't believe me I will meet you at any home game and let you see. Any time a body builder diets down for a body building show he loses weight. He is still working out like crazy and he is eating correctly. They get lighter every single time. You muscles have fat in in them. When you burn fat your muscle don't get smaller but the the sizes gets smaller due to the fat being gone. At the begining of next summer go into the gym and look at the body builders. Than about 8 weeks later go back and look at them again after they have been getting ready for a show. The will be very lean and ripped but they will be smaller.

Dak is slimmer and he is lighter. No doubt in my mind from what I see. however I would rather see Dak at 215 or 220 solid than to see him at 230 with fat in the muscle. I think he is gong to be a animal this year.

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Yancy Porter approves of a three page post discussing the body of a male college athlete.

LC Dawg
08-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Perfect ED preseason thread. We evolve from discussing our qb's physique to just getting weird with it.