PDA

View Full Version : If we had CDM back in 07 or 08

BayouDawg
08-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Do you think we land DeAndre Brown. The 5 star wr from Ocean Springs. I remember following his recruitment and it never seemed like we were even in the mix. In was kind of shocking how Croom seemingly did not recruit that area very well. Just curious on yals thoughts

Alldawg
08-04-2015, 03:41 PM
Do you think we land DeAndre Brown. The 5 star wr from Ocean Springs. I remember following his recruitment and it never seemed like we were even in the mix. In was kind of shocking how Croom seemingly did not recruit that area very well. Just curious on yals thoughts

If I am not mistaken, he didn't have the grades to get into a SEC school. I could be wrong on the name, but I thought he enrolled at USM due to grade issues.

BayouDawg
08-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Yea I had heard that he wanted to go to LSU but didn't have the grades. But even so it never seemed like he ever even considered state

Alldawg
08-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Yea I had heard that he wanted to go to LSU but didn't have the grades. But even so it never seemed like he ever even considered state

Well let me change my answer. If Mullen would have been here, yes he would have probably had "more" interest than he did back then. Being in Ocean Springs, he probably grew up a Tiger fan so I doubt he would have wanted to go to another school besides LSU. Either way, he wasn't going SEC due to grades.

drunkernhelldawg
08-04-2015, 05:27 PM
Croom is pretty popular among players, form what I've heard.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-04-2015, 06:02 PM
He said at the MS/AL all star game he loved orgeron & thought he was headed to northern miss until the ogre got sent back to the swamp. He wasn't an SEC qualifier but they've been able to pull a bear out of a hat before. Southern Miss had a lot of talent in that class, Deandre wasn't the same player after he broke his leg though. Also, one of the wildest dudes I've been around.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Croom is pretty popular among players, form what I've heard.

Which ones? The ones that got drafted (I'm not sure there are any) or the Jackie recruits he kicked off the team yet let his players slide for lesser offenses?

5 Star
08-05-2015, 08:39 AM
Which ones? The ones that got drafted (I'm not sure there are any) or the Jackie recruits he kicked off the team yet let his players slide for lesser offenses?
Haha, the 'Croom Instilled Discipline' line is one of the biggest fallacies every created from the media. He may have tried, but the arrest sheets don't lie. I just consider it another steaming pile of bullsh*t in a long line, made up by the PC Police.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-05-2015, 08:45 AM
DeAndre would've been at LSU if he would've had the grades.

Cabo32
08-05-2015, 09:10 AM
From what I was told, OM had acquired his services. This was from someone close to him in ocean springs. It's all moot though, kid was a dick and a cancer in the locker room

Mjoelner34
08-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Haha, the 'Croom Instilled Discipline' line is one of the biggest fallacies every created from the media. He may have tried, but the arrest sheets don't lie. I just consider it another steaming pile of bullsh*t in a long line, made up by the PC Police.

Was told by an SPD officer that the only difference with respect to players getting into trouble between The Kang and Croom as far as he was concerned was that The Kang would come bail out players the same night and Croom would come get them the next day. I know Boobie got a DUI but the same guy also said they haven't had any trouble out of Mullin's guys.