PDA

View Full Version : Does Dan ratchet up the HUNH a little more this year? I think so.

DancingRabbit
08-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Last year was the first year we really ran a HUNH. We had been running some no huddle but our pace of play was middle of the pack or lower.

State ended up with the fastest pace in the SEC and 14th in the country. We ran a play every 21.3 seconds. A&M actually ran a play every 20.8 seconds but the pace of play stat is adjusted according to your run/pass percentage.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/5/15/8586169/hurry-up-offense-fastest-slowest

With another year to work on it, I think Dan and Dak are looking to kick it up another notch into the Baylor/Oregon neighborhood.

One related rule change this year is now there are 8 officials for SEC games. Managing pace is supposedly one of the reasons for the new "center judge" official.

Not really related, but I was glad to see the NCAA decline to change the linemen downfield rule, although they are supposed emphasize enforcing the current rule more strictly. I would like us to run more pop passes. With the way defenses key on Dak running the ball the opportunity is there.

jumbo
08-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Probably just like last year, after a solid gain or a big play you'll see it.

Jack Lambert
08-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Probably just like last year, after a solid gain or a big play you'll see it.

I heard Dan say that this years offense is going to be really fast and they are working the O-Line hard to get them use to the play. I like it because Saban hates it.

AROB44
08-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Last year was the first year we really ran a HUNH. We had been running some no huddle but our pace of play was middle of the pack or lower.

State ended up with the fastest pace in the SEC and 14th in the country. We ran a play every 21.3 seconds. A&M actually ran a play every 20.8 seconds but the pace of play stat is adjusted according to your run/pass percentage.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/5/15/8586169/hurry-up-offense-fastest-slowest

With another year to work on it, I think Dan and Dak are looking to kick it up another notch into the Baylor/Oregon neighborhood.

One related rule change this year is now there are 8 officials for SEC games. Managing pace is supposedly one of the reasons for the new "center judge" official.

Not really related, but I was glad to see the NCAA decline to change the linemen downfield rule, although they are supposed emphasize enforcing the current rule more strictly. I would like us to run more pop passes. With the way defenses key on Dak running the ball the opportunity is there.

This could mean real trouble for Auburn.

Maroons
08-04-2015, 03:18 PM

FWIW, I went to one spring practice and we were snapping at a faster pace than I've ever seen us do.