Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Some OV Dates have been set for some of our top targets

5* SG/SF Mustapha Heron OV Aug 27-29

4* SF/PF Mario Kegler OV Sept 11-13

4* C Schnider Herard OV Sept 11-13

ZedFedder
08-04-2015, 09:23 AM
I know we feel decent about Heron and Kegler, but what are the chances of landing Herard?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 09:28 AM
I know we feel decent about Heron and Kegler, but what are the chances of landing Herard?

I'm starting to feel better about Herard. He has a lot of big offers but he's not a priority to some of those schools like he is to MSU. We've been pretty much the only consistent school he's named the last few months. He's rotated schools around us but MSU has always been a school he's mentioned as recruiting him hard. He's a ready made post player who you could plug in next year & be ready to roll with.

Coach34
08-04-2015, 09:31 AM
I got a call last Friday from another Elitedawg that stays pretty plugged in to recruiting. Said we have 5 top highly rated targets- and are in the top 3 for all 5 of them. Felt like we could land as many as 3. That would be outstanding if we did. Didnt talk specific names- just about how Howland has changed everything so damn fast

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-04-2015, 09:32 AM
They should have a great time at the LSU game. If Herard happens to pull the trigger on his OV, do we drop Banks?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 09:35 AM
They should have a great time at the LSU game. If Herard happens to pull the trigger on his OV, do we drop Banks?

I only think we take 1 & right now Herard is at the top of the board I believe.

mic
08-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Going to be fun seeing our names lobed in with UK, Duke, Kansas, on a regular basis with these kids...
Hasn't coached a second here yet and already best hire we have ever made...

Raytoraid83
08-04-2015, 10:25 AM
I only think we take 1 & right now Herard is at the top of the board I believe.

Is there a possibility any of the three commits on their visit? Would be nice to lock one down. I've heard Kegler is gonna be a LSU/State battle, so that one will probably play out a while. But, I thought I remember reading something about Mustapha wanting to end his commitment in the fall.

ScottH
08-04-2015, 10:27 AM
just about how Howland has changed everything so damn fast

That may be the biggest understatement in the history of the internet.

We have gone from who gives a F about basketball to a Top 10 and maybe Top 5 class in 4 months.

What is lost is that in addition to the talent influx that everyone is rightfully giddy about is that for the first time in "XX" years we will have the X and O advantage virtually every time we hit the floor. Let that sink in.

As an aside, a business partner of mine was a college roommate of a current BIG 10 head coach. This coach's Howland comment to me on the golf course as we played at a benefit tournament last month last month was was..."Ben thinks he has something to prove. Even though he doesn't. Mississippi State will be the beneficiary of that. Although there is always a little luck involved, I expect them to be a Final Four type team in 3-4 years."

And....... God bless Adidas.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Is there a possibility any of the three commits on their visit? Would be nice to lock one down. I've heard Kegler is gonna be a LSU/State battle, so that one will probably play out a while. But, I thought I remember reading something about Mustapha wanting to end his commitment in the fall.

I can't say if any commit on their visit or not but I expect all 3 to sign in the early period.

Thick
08-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Kind of early, but keep an eye on Trendan Watford (2019) 6'7 SF out of B'ham. Brother played at Indiana. Starting to make some head way with him and his family. He's been on the Nike circuit, but is warming up to Adidas.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-04-2015, 10:42 AM
I can't say if any commit on their visit or not but I expect all 3 to sign in the early period.

and the angels sang

West Houston Dog
08-04-2015, 10:56 AM
I recognized former Bulldog Kodi Augustus(sp?)former MSU power forward last Saturday nite at Dave and Busters here in Houston. He is working there in between stints playing overseas in Australia. He goes back in October to a different team for the season. Told me what was making...damn nice salary! Said Australia was beautiful and hoped to play several more years before retiring. told him I would love to earn that salary and he should be careful not to blow it cause hard to make money like that in the real world.

Anyways, told him I met the new coach Howland in May here on the coaches alumni tour. He said he remembered Howland from when we beat UCLA about 5 yrs back or so. "DAMN WAS HE MAD WHEN THEY(ucla)LOST!"

Told him the thing I remember from his Bulldog squad was the fight in the stands during the Hawaii tournament between R Sydney and the other Bulldog center....he rolled his eyes and said he was right there when it happened....

PMDawg
08-04-2015, 11:42 AM
I recognized former Bulldog Kodi Augustus(sp?)former MSU power forward last Saturday nite at Dave and Busters here in Houston. He is working there in between stints playing overseas in Australia. He goes back in October to a different team for the season. Told me what was making...damn nice salary! Said Australia was beautiful and hoped to play several more years before retiring. told him I would love to earn that salary and he should be careful not to blow it cause hard to make money like that in the real world.

Anyways, told him I met the new coach Howland in May here on the coaches alumni tour. He said he remembered Howland from when we beat UCLA about 5 yrs back or so. "DAMN WAS HE MAD WHEN THEY(ucla)LOST!"

Told him the thing I remember from his Bulldog squad was the fight in the stands during the Hawaii tournament between R Sydney and the other Bulldog center....he rolled his eyes and said he was right there when it happened....

congratulations??

Maroon_and_white
08-04-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm starting to feel better about Herard. He has a lot of big offers but he's not a priority to some of those schools like he is to MSU. We've been pretty much the only consistent school he's named the last few months. He's rotated schools around us but MSU has always been a school he's mentioned as recruiting him hard. He's a ready made post player who you could plug in next year & be ready to roll with.

Seems a little odd that a 5 star player is not a priority to some schools..

archdog
08-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Some OV Dates have been set for some of our top targets

5* SG/SF Mustapha Heron OV Aug 27-29

4* SF/PF Mario Kegler OV Sept 11-13

4* C Schnider Herard OV Sept 11-13

That is great, but shouldn't you be at practice or getting ready for practice, or reviewing practice tape or something. Get out of here. 39 days and some change until LSU. Get your head straight Dan.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Seems a little odd that a 5 star player is not a priority to some schools..

Herard is a 4* & schools like Kansas, Texas, & Arizona have bigger fish on the line ahead of Herard. We don't so he's being treated as priority #1 for us.

spudd21
08-04-2015, 11:55 AM
I bet Augustus thought that was awkward.

Johnson85
08-04-2015, 01:10 PM

So Kodi Augustus is working at Dave & Busters in the off season, but also making enough money to hopefully retire after playing several more years?

Shooter McGavin
08-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Ifyouonlyknew, We have Peters so say we add Heron, Kegler, Herard or Banks, Lard and Carter. Are they start five freshmen in 2016 talented or is that wishful thinking? Plus I know we probably won't get all of them but for it would be nice if we did.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Ifyouonlyknew, We have Peters so say we add Heron, Kegler, Herard or Banks, Lard and Carter. Are they start five freshmen in 2016 talented or is that wishful thinking? Plus I know we probably won't get all of them but for it would be nice if we did.

No way 5 freshmen start. We'll still have some good solid players on campus. Ready, Weatherspoon, Houston, Stapleton, Holman, & Ndoye/Strugg aren't going to just roll over for these new guys.

Shooter McGavin
08-04-2015, 01:52 PM
I forgot about Stapleton. Despite them not playing yet, I was in error not giving Weatherspoon and Holman enough credit. Just excited at the talent we are in the hunt for for 2016.

One more question. When all the ink is dry, who do you see in our class for 2016?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 01:57 PM
I forgot about Stapleton. Despite them not playing yet, I was in error not giving Weatherspoon and Holman enough credit. Just excited at the talent we are in the hunt for for 2016.

One more question. When all the ink is dry, who do you see in our class for 2016?

Don't hold me to this but if signing day was today I'd say

Peters
Carter
Heron
Kegler
Herard
Lard

Maroon_and_white
08-04-2015, 02:47 PM

Peters
Carter
Heron
Kegler
Herard
Lard

Man that would be a top 10 class. maybe top 7

jumbo
08-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Man that would be a top 10 class. maybe top 7

would've been good for #6 last year

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 02:58 PM
I've heard conflicting reports on Lard. I've heard he's deciding soon & it's MSU no doubt. I've also heard we've pulled back a bit & want to keep evaluating further & see if some other guys are more interested. It will be interesting to see if some new names pop up soon.

BehindTheScenes
08-04-2015, 03:03 PM
I've heard conflicting reports on Lard. I've heard he's deciding soon & it's MSU no doubt. I've also heard we've pulled back a bit & want to keep evaluating further & see if some other guys are more interested. It will be interesting to see if some new names pop up soon.

This. Was told yesterday that we may have backed off Lard to 1) continue evaluating him and 2) explore newly gauged interest in other places. Didn't get any name(s) but I'd like to think that's good news.

smootness
08-04-2015, 03:09 PM

Peters
Carter
Heron
Kegler
Herard
Lard

Good gosh, that would be amazing. You throw those guys on a young team with Weatherspoon, Holman, Houston, Ready, Stapleton...man.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Good gosh, that would be amazing. You throw those guys on a young team with Weatherspoon, Holman, Houston, Ready, Stapleton...man.

And if you look close at this Fab 6 list you will notice only Peters is an in-state product. If you want to win a NC you have to recruit nationally.
Howland can do that, not so much Ray.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-04-2015, 06:14 PM
And if you look close at this Fab 6 list you will notice only Peters is an in-state product. If you want to win a NC you have to recruit nationally.
Howland can do that, not so much Ray.

Peters is from Louisiana, Carter is the in-state/city product. & no need to bring up Coach Ray, Coach Howland is in another stratosphere and it doesn't take comparing the two from every angle for people to realize that.

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2015, 06:28 PM
If you want to win a NC you have to recruit nationally.

Mullen says to hell with that.

whosyourdawgy
08-04-2015, 07:32 PM
On another note, did yall see the Bonner article today on Stapleton correcting the article about his arrest for a suspended license in LA? Somebody screwed his paperwork up and his license should not have been suspended and he should've never been arrested. Sux for him cause he got his name dragged thru the mud for no reason

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 07:41 PM
On another note, did yall see the Bonner article today on Holman correcting the article about his arrest for a suspended license in LA? Somebody screwed his paperwork up and his license should not have been suspended and he should've never been arrested. Sux for him cause he got his name dragged thru the mud for no reason

Xavian Stapleton

whosyourdawgy
08-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Oops correct! Dang. Fixed it. How did I get that in my head? Still a raw deal for Stapleton though