PDA

View Full Version : 24/7's first practice depth chart is out...

HancockCountyDog
08-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Here it is:

QB Dak Prescott, Nick Fitzgerald, Damian Williams/Elijah Staley
RB Ashton Shumpert, Dontavian Lee/Aeris Williams/Brandon Holloway
WR Fred Brown, Joe Morrow, Donald Gray/Deddrick Thomas
WR De'Runnya Wilson, Jesse Jackson/Deddrick Thomas
Slot WR Fred Ross, Gabe Myles, Malik Dear
TE Gus Walley, Darrion Hutcherson, B.J. Hammond, Justin Johnson
LT Rufus Warren, Elgton Jenkins, Cole Carter
LG Justin Malone, Deion Calhoun, Michael Story
C Jamaal Clayborn, Jocquell Johnson, Nick Proby
RG Devon Desper, Jake Thomas, Ronald Cochran
RT Justin Senior, Damian Robinson, Martinas Rankin

DE A.J. Jefferson, Will Coleman, Grant Harris
DE Ryan Brown, Torrey Dale, Johnathan Calvin
DT Chris Jones, Braxton Hoyett, Lawrence Brown/Fletcher Adams
DT Nick James/Nelson Adams, Cory Thomas
WLB Zach Jackson, J.T. Gray, Trevor Jung
MLB Richie Brown, Gerri Green, Kelan Chairs/Leo Lewis
SLB Beniquez Brown, Dez Harris, DeAndre Ward
SS Kivon Coman, Brandon Bryant, Mark McLaurin
FS Kendrick Market, Deontay Evans, Jamal Peters
CB Taveze Calhoun, Tolando Cleveland/Cedric Jiles
CB Will Redmond, Jamoral Graham, Chris Rayford

Interesting that Fitz is clear number 2.

I'm with Coach, we can't afford an injury on the DL.

cbrunt29
08-03-2015, 07:34 PM
I think J. T. Gray or Jung will take Z. Jackson's spot. At least I hope so anyway.

Harrydawg
08-03-2015, 07:36 PM
All these guys are freaks in some way, but Jung is really a freak of an athlete - his size and can fly. Matt Wells II

Dawg496
08-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Donald Gray, Martinas Rankin, Traver Jung all third string..

Also Smokey backing up Redmond excites me. Also good to see Peters already on the depth chart. Maybe he can crack the two deep and unseat Evans.

GreenheadDawg
08-03-2015, 07:37 PM
I think J. T. Gray or Jung will take Z. Jackson's spot. At least I hope so anyway.

I'll be severely disappointed if someone doesn't.

Coach34
08-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Fitz is #2 because of how he was there this Spring and the others werent. If he still has it 3 weeks from now- I'll be impressed

maroonmania
08-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Anyone with the scoop on who the heck Lawrence Brown is? New name to me.

Coach34
08-03-2015, 08:01 PM
McLaurin just might give Brandon Bryant all he wants for that 2nd SS spot.
Calhoun is backing up Malone- but if Desper were to get hurt- that job would be Calhoun's
I'll be pumped if Fred shows out to the point Mullen starts him over Morrow
Rankin may RS if he doesnt close in and push for a starting job. Mullen and Hev dont want him to waste a year as a back-up getting limited reps
Cleveland and Jiles gonna have a helluva fight for Nickel CB
I LOVE seeing James listed as a #1 right now. He's in shape finally and ready to bust out in '15

Sept 12th please get here

DownwardDawg
08-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Fitz is #2 because of how he was there this Spring and the others werent. If he still has it 3 weeks from now- I'll be impressed

I've always liked Fitz. I'll be surprised if he doesn't stay at #2 and become the starter next year.

BrunswickDawg
08-03-2015, 08:10 PM
I've always liked Fitz. I'll be surprised if he doesn't stay at #2 and become the starter next year.
Steal of that class.

DancingRabbit
08-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Anyone with the scoop on who the heck Lawrence Brown is? New name to me.

Transfer from Belhaven that sat out last year. Apparently he was a TE at Belhaven.

Lawrence Brown ATH 6-4 292 Jr. SQ Columbus, Miss. (Belhaven University) ATH 6-4 292 Jr. SQ Columbus, Miss. (Belhaven University)

smootness
08-03-2015, 08:20 PM
This is just an observer's depth chart, correct? Based on which groups guys were lined up with?

If so, I would obviously take it with a grain of salt. You don't see any newcomers with the first or second teams, so I wouldn't be worried when you see Gray, Rankin, Calvin, Jung, and Peters 3rd string. That will almost certainly change.

maroonmania
08-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Transfer from Belhaven that sat out last year. Apparently he was a TE at Belhaven.

Lawrence Brown ATH 6-4 292 Jr. SQ Columbus, Miss. (Belhaven University) ATH 6-4 292 Jr. SQ Columbus, Miss. (Belhaven University)

Man, a TE like that conjures up memories of Kendall Watkins.

thedawg
08-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Lawrence Brown went to new hope.. had some sun beltish offers early as a blocking te but thought he was better than that and those offers dried up so he went to Belhaven ... walked on with us last year

BeastMan
08-03-2015, 10:12 PM
FS #1 & 2 scares me to damn death

HancockCountyDog
08-03-2015, 10:17 PM

I really hate our depth at DE. Brown and Jefferson must stay healthy.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-03-2015, 10:18 PM
I really hate our depth at DE. Brown and Jefferson must stay healthy.

Coleman & Calvin will give us solid depth. Not Brown & Jefferson but will give us solid snaps.

HancockCountyDog
08-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Coleman & Calvin will give us solid depth. Not Brown & Jefferson but will give us solid snaps.

I hope you are right. Solid gets you beat in the SEC. I just don't think we can afford an injury there.

Coach34
08-03-2015, 10:30 PM
I hope you are right. Solid gets you beat in the SEC. I just don't think we can afford an injury there.

We've come a long way when we are bitching about our depth and not certain starters hardly at all

HancockCountyDog
08-03-2015, 10:38 PM
We've come a long way when we are bitching about our depth and not certain starters hardly at all

That comes from having an established coach here for 6-7 years. This is how it should be for us in the foreseeable future.

FISHDAWG
08-04-2015, 08:05 AM
I remember the excitement around Jesse Jackson even though he was coming through an injury ... anyone know about his recovery and potential ? I just don't hear anything about the guy we were so glad to sign

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 08:12 AM
Jesse was having a good spring until he pulled a hamstring the last week of practice. He will get some spot duty this year but his chance will come next year after we lose 2 outside guys.

Johnson85
08-04-2015, 10:08 AM

I really thought we'd be moving somebody over to FS, at least until Market had proven he hadn't lost a step. Can't believe we're rolling the dice like that.

Reason2succeed
08-04-2015, 10:16 AM
I really thought we'd be moving somebody over to FS, at least until Market had proven he hadn't lost a step. Can't believe we're rolling the dice like that.

From a morale standpoint two things: 1) you don't just yank a guy because he got injured and 2) you don't just promote a guy because he showed up. Either or both of these would send the wrong message to the team. Let it play out.

mic
08-04-2015, 10:19 AM

In the right defense system. Great CB play ( which we will have) can cover up what u may lack at the S position...
We are better and more athletic at S positions as a whole this year than we were last year...

Johnson85
08-04-2015, 10:29 AM
From a morale standpoint two things: 1) you don't just yank a guy because he got injured and 2) you don't just promote a guy because he showed up. Either or both of these would send the wrong message to the team. Let it play out.

Who said anything about yanking anybody or promoting anybody. But we have Market, who is coming off an injury. We have Evans, who let's say was not outstanding last year. We have Jamal Peters, who has a lot of potential but is a freshman. With all that uncertainty, it seems unlikely that we're going to end up with a good starter and solid backup out of that group. SO I'm surprised we don't have somebody like Bryant trying to work at FS since Coman is supposedly ok and McLaurin also supposedly has the chance to play as a freshman.

And maybe they do have some other options since this isn't the coach's depth chart. But I would have felt better if we had another person obviously competing for the FS position.