PDA

View Full Version : Shumpert showing out early

CadaverDawg
08-03-2015, 05:51 PM
I'm telling y'all, you're jumping the gun if you think D Lee overtakes Shumpert this year. Shumpert is going to have a big season.

Treemydawg
08-03-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm telling y'all, you're jumping the gun if you think D Lee overtakes Shumpert this year. Shumpert is going to have a big season.

Any specifics??

preachermatt83
08-03-2015, 06:06 PM
I think Shunpert is very good. D Lee reminds me a ton of Vick Ballard. He will be a BEAST.

bulldawg28
08-03-2015, 06:08 PM

100% agree. Shumpert is an extremely hard worker and came on towards the end of the season. It's always funny to hear and read people annoiting guys who've never played a game. Shumpert is not chopped liver, the guy is legit.

ScoobaDawg
08-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Any specifics??

He ran by some guys in shorts and shirts today and didn't get tackled during a no-contact drill.

smootness
08-03-2015, 06:38 PM
I honestly don't care which one becomes a stud as long as one of them does. I've never understood the inclination a lot of fans have to pump up one of or own players at the expense of another. I love the potential of Shumpert, Williams, and Lee. I trust at least one of them will break out and be very good.

Dawgcentral
08-03-2015, 06:39 PM
We're always looking for the next big game breaker.

Not sure this means anyone here doesn't have the highest hopes for Shump. Personally, I'd love it of he gained 1200 yards and 20 touchdowns. I just want the other guys getting snaps to get 800 yards and 8-10 TDs. Throw in some scores from Dak and we have the best running game in the SEC.

I think we're loaded at RB. Just open those holes and let these guys get a head of steam going.

BeardoMSU
08-03-2015, 06:40 PM
He ran by some guys in shorts and shirts today and didn't get tackled during a no-contact drill.

/
https://humansareweird.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/sorry-sir-buzz-killington-has-crashed-our-party-thumb.jpg

Ifyouonlyknew
08-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Shump will be the #1 RB & it won't be close.

Liverpooldawg
08-03-2015, 06:57 PM
I saw Shumpert, Williams, and Lee play in high school. The thing that impressed about Shumpert showed up more on defense, he loved to bring the lumber. Williams was probably the most explosive of the three. The thing about Lee was he was just relentless. To me there was nothing that just jumped up and said sure fire SEC but they certainly all had qualities that said they could be that if they put in the work. I'll qualify all of that by saying I only saw each of them play once. Given how we develop players I would expect at the very least one of them to be a very good back in the SEC.

archdog
08-03-2015, 06:58 PM

Well there you go. Next topic.

Coach34
08-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Shump's only minus is finding the hole naturally. hopefully he does a better job of it now that he has a chance to be the man. He has great hands, is a blocking machine, knows the offense very well, and plays with max effort.

maroonmania
08-03-2015, 07:18 PM

The thing I want to see from Shumpert is field vision. He needs to look for space as a RB and find it rather than always trying to find someone to run over.

Dawg61
08-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Shump's only minus is finding the hole naturally. hopefully he does a better job of it now that he has a chance to be the man. He has great hands, is a blocking machine, knows the offense very well, and plays with max effort.

He runs too upright and he stalls at the line of scrimmage instead of just bursting forward. Unless he's going to suddenly be able to instantly read the field he's going to have tons of 1-2 yard carries. I hope I'm wrong but I've got visions of frustrations with Shumpert. He has all the talent in the world but his mechanics are very poor. I want to see a lot of Lee and Williams.

bulldawg28
08-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Shumpert ' s running style changed at State because that's what they wanted to see from a young bigger back to counter the scat backs we had at the time. He was not a bowing ball rather a slide and side step back in highschool. He's now returning to that form yet he's adding power to his game. He could be a Marshawn Lynch style back.

DancingRabbit
08-03-2015, 08:05 PM
I saw some preview the other day and they said Holloway was the likely starter at RB and he was the only RB they mentioned.

starkvegasdawg
08-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Shump's only minus is finding the hole naturally.

A little time at a sorority should take care of that.

Intramural All-American
08-03-2015, 08:23 PM
I've heard great things about Nick Gibson

Ifyouonlyknew
08-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Shump last 5 games last year. 33 car 232 yards 7.03 ypc 2 tds

Homedawg
08-03-2015, 08:44 PM

Yes, best overall back. Yes, he will get the most snaps. He's not going to leave our fans screaming he's a heisman candidate though. He doesn't make people miss and his vision is beyond awful. He will lead us in rushing by a running back- but not by much.

confucius say
08-03-2015, 08:49 PM

Does it bother you that none of the three seem to be a home run threat.

Coach34
08-03-2015, 08:50 PM
Yes, best overall back. Yes, he will get the most snaps. He's not going to leave our fans screaming he's a heisman candidate though. He doesn't make people miss and his vision is beyond awful. He will lead us in rushing by a running back- but not by much.

Exactly- if the vision doesnt improve- Lee and Williams will start to get more and more snaps

Coach34
08-03-2015, 08:51 PM

JRob wasnt a HR threat either- he did ok

CadaverDawg
08-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Any specifics??

He looks so much quicker and very explosive.

As for the other comments in the thread....

I think the "can't run to space, only runs people over" thing has gotten comical on here. Was he not coming in contact with anyone until 7 yds downfield while averaging 7.? Yds per carry in the last 3 games? He was utilized as a blocking back and downhill runner last year, so he played that way...this year he's our feature back, so he will play that way.

Sorry, I was just excited to see his footwork today, and I feel like people are jumping straight to Lee and Aeris and totally passing by Shump when discussing our talent on O. Just thought I would discuss him bc I think he will impress this season.

CadaverDawg
08-03-2015, 08:54 PM

"Beyond awful"? Ha, come on mane.

Coach34
08-03-2015, 08:56 PM
"Beyond awful"? Ha, come on mane.

his nickname is "blind man"

BrunswickDawg
08-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Sorry, I was just excited to see his footwork today, and I feel like people are jumping straight to Lee and Aeris and totally passing by Shump when discussing our talent on O. Just thought I would discuss him bc I think he will impress this season.
Well, since we can't obsess about how our back up QB is actually better than the starter, RB is the natural choice.

Treemydawg
08-03-2015, 08:59 PM
He looks so much quicker and very explosive.

As for the other comments in the thread....

I think the "can't run to space, only runs people over" thing has gotten comical on here. Was he not coming in contact with anyone until 7 yds downfield while averaging 7.? Yds per carry in the last 3 games? He was utilized as a blocking back and downhill runner last year, so he played that way...this year he's our feature back, so he will play that way.

Completely agree. I think he will be our best rb, and I absolutely love his running style. I just thought you might have some inside info on him from today is why I asked any specifics.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-03-2015, 09:00 PM

We haven't had a home run threat at RB in Mullen's tenure besides Perk 1st 2yrs but we've done ok.

maroonmania
08-03-2015, 09:03 PM
We haven't had a home run threat at RB in Mullen's tenure besides Perk 1st 2yrs but we've done ok.

I totally disagree. Ballard is the best home run threat Mullen has had so far. He actually had a lot of long TD runs. My word he basically won the Music City Bowl for us with 2 TD runs over 60 yards. And unlike Perk, he never got caught from behind.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-03-2015, 09:05 PM
I totally disagree. Ballard is the best home run threat Mullen has had so far. He actually had a lot of long TD runs. My word he basically won the Music City Bowl for us with 2 TD runs over 60 yards. And unlike Perk, he never got caught from behind.

Nobody considered Ballard a HR threat. He wasn't a blazer he was just fast enough. He was a mid 4.6 guy. When someone ask me about HR threat I think of a blazer with breakaway speed.

maroonmania
08-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Nobody considered Ballard a HR threat. He wasn't a blazer he was just fast enough. He was a mid 4.6 guy. When someone ask me about HR threat I think of a blazer with breakaway speed.

Well, he proved himself a HR threat regardless whether anyone considered him one. And he had better top end speed than Perk, that's why he didn't get run down once he broke into the open.

Dawg61
08-03-2015, 09:10 PM

Holloway last 5 games last year 19 car 141 yards 7.42 ypc. 1 td and that's without getting a carry in one game and only one carry in two other games. 245 yards at 33 carries for reference.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Well, he proved himself a HR threat regardless whether anyone considered him one. And he had better top end speed than Perk, that's why he didn't get run down once he broke into the open.

Boobie had 5 runs over 40yds his Sr year but I don't consider him a HR threat.

LC Dawg
08-03-2015, 09:35 PM
It's amazing how quick some fans give up on a player, especially a higher rated one, when they don't set the world on fire the first year or two out of high school. Shumpert has had to adjust to Div 1 SEC football and he needs to improve in some areas but I'm excited to see him as our starter this year. We are expecting our All-American quarterback to improve so why shouldn't we expect our third year running back to improve?

rtdawg
08-03-2015, 09:42 PM

I like the fact that you reference yourself in the 3rd person Dan.....

Dallas_Dawg
08-03-2015, 09:46 PM
I like the fact that you reference yourself in the 3rd person Dan.....

Enter Malik Dear

shoeless joe
08-03-2015, 09:47 PM
It's amazing how quick some fans give up on a player, especially a higher rated one, when they don't set the world on fire the first year or two out of high school. Shumpert has had to adjust to Div 1 SEC football and he needs to improve in some areas but I'm excited to see him as our starter this year. We are expecting our All-American quarterback to improve so why shouldn't we expect our third year running back to improve?

Exactly. I hate how shump was portrayed during the year last year. I think he'll be solid.

I am afraid the same thing will occur if Aeris doesn't lite the world on fire early on. Development happens; hell it's whT so many folks hang their hat on when discussing Mullen.

Let me add...and I am the biggest Aeris supporter there is; not a better kid as an elite athlete around...but when discussing quickness of feet and shiftiness he is behind shump. He may have better vision tho, which could make up for that.

TUSK
08-03-2015, 09:49 PM

not that my opinion matters, but Shump scared me more than J Rob...

He's got to be a lot faster.

confucius say
08-03-2015, 10:02 PM
JRob wasnt a HR threat either- he did ok

Not in the sense of an Adrian Peterson, but jrob broke off several big runs last year.

confucius say
08-03-2015, 10:04 PM

I don't mean home run threat like a 4.4 guy, I mean like jrob against Lsu last year. Shumpert can't break off that kinda 70 yard run. Agree?

Dawg61
08-03-2015, 10:05 PM

Shump is intimidating with his Predator dreads

confucius say
08-03-2015, 10:10 PM

Jrob had ten times the vision of shump though, coach is right about that. I wish all of our backs nothing but the best and like them all, but as I've said before, jrob made a lot of big plays for us and we as a collective fan base are largely just dismissing the fact he is gone. He is replaceable but I have to see it first.

Covercorner2
08-03-2015, 10:16 PM
JRob is slow by SEC RB standards. He ran a 4.7 at combine. After his highlight against UK I feel like he tried to bounce runs outside too much and this lack of speed was evident. Look no further than the safety in the Bama game. I also think this is why Shump got more and more PT as time went on. Shump is faster than JRob. JRob was just hard to find in the hole and had a low center of gravity/hard to tackle.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-03-2015, 10:17 PM
I don't mean home run threat like a 4.4 guy, I mean like jrob against Lsu last year. Shumpert can't break off that kinda 70 yard run. Agree?

I don't think Shump will be breaking a bunch of long runs but he did have a 60yd run last year. I think he can give us a couple of those this year.

confucius say
08-03-2015, 10:52 PM
I don't think Shump will be breaking a bunch of long runs but he did have a 60yd run last year. I think he can give us a couple of those this year.

Hope so

War Machine Dawg
08-03-2015, 11:31 PM

This. We'll see who's toting the rock in late October and early November. Until then, the constant back-and-forth (which I'll probably allow myself to get sucked into) is going to get old really fast.

DancingRabbit
08-03-2015, 11:55 PM
This. We'll see who's toting the rock in late October and early November. Until then, the constant back-and-forth (which I'll probably allow myself to get sucked into) is going to get old really fast.

I expect Shumpert or D. Lee to our primary RB. Aeris or Holloway as 3rd down backs.

Homedawg
08-04-2015, 12:19 AM
JRob is slow by SEC RB standards. He ran a 4.7 at combine. After his highlight against UK I feel like he tried to bounce runs outside too much and this lack of speed was evident. Look no further than the safety in the Bama game. I also think this is why Shump got more and more PT as time went on. Shump is faster than JRob. JRob was just hard to find in the hole and had a low center of gravity/hard to tackle.

Shump got more carries for various reasons, first, he was/is a ton better in the pass pro game. Cue the ole miss game, Robinson got us destroyed. Second, shump is much more about team and way less about me than jrob was. Third, jrob let his early success lead to poor decisions, I.e. Trying to beat bama to the edge which got us a safety, among others. All that stuff added up. All theses reasons kept perk playing over jrob over and over and over. With all that said, it doesn't make shump an equal to running the ball. He might be a better all around back but he won't sniff jrobs production. And when he doesn't it won't be all on the oline, which probably won't be as good as last year.

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2015, 12:21 AM
I expect Shumpert or D. Lee to our primary RB. Aeris or Holloway as 3rd down backs.

Kinda my thoughts too. Except I can't see Holloway as a 3rd down back. He's too small to be effective in pass pro. He'll be an infrequent change of pace scatback. We'll probably try to run him right between the guards so he's going straight North-South with his speed and hope he'll pop off a long run. Shump is our best RB at pass pro, so I think he'd be the 3rd down back ahead of anyone. Regardless, we're going to be just fine at RB.

Ralph
08-04-2015, 07:40 AM
Shump will get more carries but I think Lee will avg 2 yds more per carry

BiscuitEater
08-04-2015, 08:09 AM
He runs too upright and he stalls at the line of scrimmage instead of just bursting forward. Unless he's going to suddenly be able to instantly read the field he's going to have tons of 1-2 yard carries. I hope I'm wrong but I've got visions of frustrations with Shumpert. He has all the talent in the world but his mechanics are very poor. I want to see a lot of Lee and Williams.

Compare Robinson's SO stats, when he was the Backup, to Shump's SO stats, when he was the Backup ..

Josh Robinson 13 78 480 <21> 459 5.9 3 51 35.3
Ashton Shumpert 12 47 282 < 8> 274 5.8 2 59 22.8

So, when they were SOs, Robinson averaged .1 yard (3.6 inches) more per carry then Shump did as a SO but Shump had a longer run than Josh even though he had 31 less carries.

I wouldn't stay awake with 'visions of frustrations' over Shump. Many of us forget that he rushed for 1328 yards and 15 touchdowns as a sophomore at Tupelo. He hasn't forgotten 'how' to run.

WinningIsRelentless
08-04-2015, 08:50 AM

Just how does someone show out in the first practice of the year with no pads on?

HancockCountyDog
08-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Shump got more carries for various reasons, first, he was/is a ton better in the pass pro game. Cue the ole miss game, Robinson got us destroyed. Second, shump is much more about team and way less about me than jrob was. Third, jrob let his early success lead to poor decisions, I.e. Trying to beat bama to the edge which got us a safety, among others. All that stuff added up. All theses reasons kept perk playing over jrob over and over and over. With all that said, it doesn't make shump an equal to running the ball. He might be a better all around back but he won't sniff jrobs production. And when he doesn't it won't be all on the oline, which probably won't be as good as last year.

I agree with pretty much everything said here.

Also people pointing to Shump's carries last year down the stretch need to slow down, you're talking about production against the worst team in the SEC by a wide margin in Vandy, then a few nice runs in the 4th quarter against the bears and 4 carries against Ga Tech. I mean, he could be very good for us, but I don't think last year proved much of anything.

Jrob for all his faults was a damn good running back, when it came to running the ball, he was outstanding. Also, he was able to turn broken plays into long gains. Shumpert is not that back. Shumpert is a back that needs a hole. Now, if he has a hole, look the F out. If he doesn't, it can be a problem. Luckily, I think our passing game is going to be so good, that he should have a ton of holes.

dawgwood
08-04-2015, 09:06 AM

Shumpert got more playing time because he is also a excellent blocker.I anticipate Dak snapping the ball soon as the play is downed, leaving a lot of touches for different guys.

codeDawg
08-04-2015, 09:21 AM

I don't disagree about JRob not being fast, but he was hurt after that UK game. In the Bama game he tried too hard to do too much with an injury. You can't do that against Bama.

I think we'll take a step back in the running game, but we have a few things going for us this year:
One: We have the best receiving corp we've ever had. That should help open up the run a bit.
Two: We've got 3 absolutely huge guys behind Dak to run the read option. That doesn't even count Williams.
Three: The guys we have may not be JRob, but they are not slouches either. The overall talent at that position is better than it has been in years. When the starter comes out, we're not going to be taking the step back we have had to at times.

Homedawg
08-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Shumpert got more playing time because he is also a excellent blocker.I anticipate Dak snapping the ball soon as the play is downed, leaving a lot of touches for different guys.

I think I said that in my very first sentence.

Liverpooldawg
08-04-2015, 09:31 AM
What I think we are going to find is at RB we have an excellent problem to have.

DancingRabbit
08-04-2015, 09:40 AM
What I think we are going to find is at RB we have an excellent problem to have.

I agree. After re-watching the spring game I liked what I saw from Shump and Lee both. Aeris was mostly used in the pass game and he looked quick but looked kinda lightweight - he got rocked a couple times by safeties and corners. To me Lee looked a little better but Shump looked fine and he's got the experience.

CadaverDawg
08-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Just how does someone show out in the first practice of the year with no pads on?

You obviously didn't watch practice. He looked slimmer, quicker, explosive, and confident. He broke Market and Leo Lewis's ankles on one play with his quick feet too. He just showed out...like he was ready to be the feature back. He looked good for a first practice.

You DO realize they run stuff in practice, not just jog in place or do push-ups right?

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2015, 09:54 AM
You obviously didn't watch practice. He looked slimmer, quicker, explosive, and confident. He broke Market and Leo Lewis's ankles on one play with his quick feet too. He just showed out...like he was ready to be the feature back. He looked good for a first practice.

You DO realize they run stuff in practice, not just jog in place or do push-ups right?

Until pads are on, nothing matters. It's just different when you can actually hit instead of playing 2 hand touch in shorts. Don't know why you're so defensive about it, it's just a fact.

Johnson85
08-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Boobie had 5 runs over 40yds his Sr year but I don't consider him a HR threat.

I would have considered Boobie a HR threat at the college level, although just barely.

To me, anybody that you have to worry about breaking off a 50 yard run on a play other than one that is just blocked perfect is a HR threat.

The biggest hope I have for Shumpert is that him being our primary back cuts down on negative plays, both because he's a better blocker in the pass game and because he gets downhill a lot faster and won't risk negative yards dancing around. The way he ran against Ole Miss probably isn't going to end up with us lighting up the stat book, but I think would have made us better against Bama and UM and not any worse off in any of our losses except for possibly UK, but I'd like to think our team would have answered the bell regardless anytime UK was threatening.

archdog
08-04-2015, 10:03 AM

I disagree. Can't is a strong word. Shump is going to be fine. He is going to get his and most everyone here is going to be fine with it. Hell we could have A Peterson running for us and some of you guys will mention that his neck is to long, his head is too pointy, and runs upright too much.

Barking 13
08-04-2015, 10:09 AM
I swear***

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Shump's gonna eat this year, Dan's gonna feed him, & everybody who said move him to defense is gonna watch.

bulldawg28
08-04-2015, 10:36 AM
I disagree. Can't is a strong word. Shump is going to be fine. He is going to get his and most everyone here is going to be fine with it. Hell we could have A Peterson running for us and some of you guys will mention that his neck is to long, his head is too pointy, and runs upright too much.

This. ...People Are also forgetting Shumpert didn't redshirt. He's adjusted on the fly. I'm willing to bet he gets at least 900 yards rushing this year with 10 tds. Any takers?

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-04-2015, 11:00 AM
This. ...People Are also forgetting Shumpert didn't redshirt. He's adjusted on the fly. I'm willing to bet he gets at least 900 yards rushing this year with 10 tds. Any takers?

I called 850 & 12 so I'm sticking w/ that

bulldawg28
08-04-2015, 12:26 PM
I called 850 & 12 so I'm sticking w/ that

I like those numbers as well. He'll probably get closer to 15 tds than most people realize

CadaverDawg
08-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Until pads are on, nothing matters. It's just different when you can actually hit instead of playing 2 hand touch in shorts. Don't know why you're so defensive about it, it's just a fact.

I'm not defensive about anything.

And I know that things change with pads, and that yesterday proves nothing. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on how in shape and ready Shumpert looked yesterday. Not sure why people are taking issue with it. If you disagree, I could give two shits...doesn't make me wrong for saying it. And that's "just the facts" too.

Jack Lambert
08-04-2015, 01:10 PM

Does Peterson have a special helmet for that head?

dawg27
08-05-2015, 12:33 PM
I think Shunpert is very good. D Lee reminds me a ton of Vick Ballard. He will be a BEAST.

To be honest i hope all three turns out to be a beast not just one.

MSUDawg4Life
08-05-2015, 12:36 PM
To be honest i hope all three turns out to be a beast not just one.

Me too. I hope we have a three-headed monster. A real Cerberus.

bulldawg28
08-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Check out @HailStateFB's Tweet: https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/629082417140232193?s=09

Shumpert has no footwork or vision, right?...sheeeeed

Dawg61
08-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Check out @HailStateFB's Tweet: https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/629082417140232193?s=09

Shumpert has no footwork or vision, right?... STFU

He spun out of bounds.

Homedawg
08-05-2015, 09:02 PM

Shumpert has no footwork or vision, right?...sheeeeed
I think id pick a better example if I were trying to prove a point. Because that video was an epic fail.

archdog
08-05-2015, 10:44 PM
I agree with pretty much everything said here.

Also people pointing to Shump's carries last year down the stretch need to slow down, you're talking about production against the worst team in the SEC by a wide margin in Vandy, then a few nice runs in the 4th quarter against the bears and 4 carries against Ga Tech. I mean, he could be very good for us, but I don't think last year proved much of anything.

Jrob for all his faults was a damn good running back, when it came to running the ball, he was outstanding. Also, he was able to turn broken plays into long gains. Shumpert is not that back. Shumpert is a back that needs a hole. Now, if he has a hole, look the F out. If he doesn't, it can be a problem. Luckily, I think our passing game is going to be so good, that he should have a ton of holes.

How much of that has to do with him only getting 3 carries a game? He may be one of those guys that takes 5-8 carries to get warmed up. None of us know, but we will in about a month.

War Machine Dawg
08-05-2015, 11:48 PM
He spun out of bounds.

I think id pick a better example if I were trying to prove a point. Because that video was an epic fail.

Hahaha, indeed. Total lack of field awareness there.

thf24
08-06-2015, 08:26 AM
It looks like a no contact drill. Why would he be worried about staying in bounds? The point is he displayed some agility and nice moves, things some of you love to argue that he doesn't have.

HancockCountyDog
08-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Im not sure I have ever seen the board more hungry for anything that looks like football.

I hope they post less vines of practice, because I have a feeling we are going to have people breaking down 6 second vines like its the Zapruder film. After the recent "Dak is slimmer" debate that almost crashed the board, its pretty clear that we need the 45-3 ass kicking against USM, right damn now. It will help everyone forget the egg bowl and orange bowl. Maybe make everyone a little less punchy.

starkvegasdawg
08-06-2015, 08:44 AM
its pretty clear that we need the 45-3 ass kicking against USM, right damn now.

We'll complain we gave up three points.

PMDawg
08-06-2015, 09:08 AM
I'm not defensive about anything.

And I know that things change with pads, and that yesterday proves nothing. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on how in shape and ready Shumpert looked yesterday. Not sure why people are taking issue with it. If you disagree, I could give two shits...doesn't make me wrong for saying it. And that's "just the facts" too.

You should take my approach and just ignore anything this guy says.

tcdog70
08-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Damn, if anything Shump will be better with pads on. he is a Physical MFER. He is the best blocker and he will put up some really good numbers running the ball. We are loaded at running back, not even counting some really talented freshmen. I want a back who can block back there with Dak.

RiverCityDawg
08-06-2015, 09:42 AM
It looks like a no contact drill. Why would he be worried about staying in bounds? The point is he displayed some agility and nice moves, things some of you love to argue that he doesn't have.

I think the most frequent "issue" voiced against Shump is his vision, or lack thereof. Hopefully he takes a big leap in that area with more reps.

bulldawg28
08-06-2015, 10:10 AM

Exactly. He froze both defenders