PDA

View Full Version : Periscope

RoverDog
08-03-2015, 05:42 PM
For any of you guys that haven't checked out the Periscope App yet, I highly recommend it. If you're not familiar, it's like twitter, but allows the user to post live video. You can follow Bob Carskadon, MSU Football Robbie Faulk, etc. and watch their live streams of practice. The video quality isn't great, but it's cool seeing it live. Just FYI.

BorneDawg
08-03-2015, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=RoverDog;393617]For any of you guys that haven't checked out the Periscope App yet, I highly recommend it. If you're not familiar, it's like twitter, but allows the user to post live video. You can follow Bob Carskadon, MSU Football Robbie Faulk, etc. and watch their live streams of practice. The video quality isn't great, but it's cool seeing it live. Just FYI.

Is that on an iPhone? I'm wanting to download it on my note 4 but all the reviews on the play store says it sucks for android users

scottycameron
08-04-2015, 07:42 AM
For any of you guys that haven't checked out the Periscope App yet, I highly recommend it. If you're not familiar, it's like twitter, but allows the user to post live video. You can follow Bob Carskadon, MSU Football Robbie Faulk, etc. and watch their live streams of practice. The video quality isn't great, but it's cool seeing it live. Just FYI.

Geez, just what the world needs. It sounds like an even gayer version of twitter.

RoverDog
08-04-2015, 07:46 AM
I use it on iPhone 6 and it works fine. Haven't tried it on anything else.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 07:50 AM
Geez, just what the world needs. It sounds like an even gayer version of twitter.

Yea who needs all this technology where you can watch events live as they're happening. Next thing you know they'll want to charge us for watching games on a box while we sit on our couches. Damn Jetsons.

BeastMan
08-04-2015, 08:05 AM
Yea who needs all this technology where you can watch events live as they're happening. Next thing you know they'll want to charge us for watching games on a box while we sit on our couches. Damn Jetsons.

Hahahahaha

sleepy dawg
08-04-2015, 02:01 PM
ScottyCameron, I'm going to assume you're either in your 20's or over 50.. or younger or older.... wait, let me start over..... scottycameron, stop being a sour old dick.

FlabLoser
08-04-2015, 02:12 PM
I endorse late night drunk Periscope. Its high value entertainment broadcast live from all around the country and the world (*late night varies by time zone).

Probably the best I've seen yet was a married couple and a rescued full-grown owl flying around free in their living room. Drunk wife with a heavy slur kept saying "my husbands a falconerurerrr". Husband kept talking to the owl and it would hoot & fly around. Hilarious.

FlabLoser
08-04-2015, 02:18 PM
I'd say Periscope is more like a video version of snapchat. Videos are streamed live and when they're over they only stay posted a few more minutes and then they're gone. Not like youtube where they are posted forever.

I've seen some big time musicians on there noodling with instruments and talking about how they make songs. Pretty cool stuff.

MSUDawg4Life
08-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Downloaded it. Got a chance to watch Dak's interview. Thanks for the recommendation.

Op4isabitch
08-04-2015, 02:19 PM
I endorse late night drunk Periscope. Its high value entertainment broadcast live from all around the country and the world (*late night varies by time zone).

Probably the best I've seen yet was a married couple and a rescued full-grown owl flying around free in their living room. Drunk wife with a heavy slur kept saying "my husbands a falconerurerrr". Husband kept talking to the owl and it would hoot & fly around. Hilarious.

Yeah but was the wife naked?

scottycameron
08-04-2015, 02:22 PM
ScottyCameron, I'm going to assume you're either in your 20's or over 50.. or younger or older.... wait, let me start over..... scottycameron, stop being a sour old dick.

Let me git it straight... so now instead of looking at a twit pic of your plate of food you are about to eat I can now watch a video of you eating it. This is so awesome, I mean amazing. So amazing. People do such amazingly interesting things all the time and now I can watch it.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Let me git it straight... so now instead of looking at a twit pic of your plate of food you are about to eat I can now watch a video of you eating it. This is so awesome, I mean amazing. So amazing. People do such amazingly interesting things all the time and now I can watch it.

You realize nobody makes you follow anybody you don't want on twitter or periscope. Some people just want to follow MSU sports on periscope. For those people it's a great tool to get a live video look in of some things you can't see or get a good grasp of off a picture. But hey to each its own.

MSUDawg4Life
08-04-2015, 02:27 PM

^^^This dude ... bonafide dumbass.

Ignore him as much as possible.

BulldogDX55
08-04-2015, 02:30 PM

Sorry you don't want to watch live practices and interviews with players as they happen?

You are really cool!*****