PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick Market

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Listening to today's B&B Show right now & Bob Carskadon makes a point that all indications are that Market is healthy and ready to go. I'm not sure if Carskadon is playing the company line, but he is in the know & sees these guys often.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but, if Market is healthy, that certainly makes me feel better about the "floor" of our secondary.

blacklistedbully
08-03-2015, 04:23 PM
I completely ruptured my Achilles a few years ago. Was told back then, recovery differs from patient to patient. It is possible to have a full recovery, especially if you had a top-notch surgeon and access to replacement tendons that can be attached. In my case, insurance only covered stitching the existing ends back together.

I'm guessing Market got top-shelf treatment. Still, not everyone comes back 100%. But that doesn't mean some don't.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-03-2015, 04:41 PM
I ruptured mine after graduating from MSU. I was 25 years old and was playing church league basketball when it happened. It's tough. I never ran a 4.3 40 or dunked from the free throw line after the injury.

hailmari
08-03-2015, 04:43 PM
How distal on the tendon the tear can determine how much they'll have to cut into you. The Achilles' tendon will roll up like a fruit roll-up into your lower calf depending on where it pops. The lower the tear, the longer the therapy typically.

confucius say
08-03-2015, 04:43 PM
I ruptured mine after graduating from MSU. I was 25 years old and was playing church league basketball when it happened. It's tough. I never ran a 4.3 40 or dunked from the free throw line after the injury.

But you did those things before the injury?

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2015, 04:54 PM
What What....

Robbie Faulk ‏@robbiefaulk247 15s16 seconds ago
Safety Kendrick Market and linebacker Dez Harris both going through warm ups at first practice. Each had season-ending injuries last year.

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Bob Carskadon
‏@bobcarskadon
Fwiw: senior safety Kendrick Market (Achilles) has no visible braces or extra supports. Looks pretty much full-go.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-03-2015, 05:39 PM
@robbiefaulk247: Pretty amazing recovery from Kendrick Market. Injured Achilles in November. https://t.co/8Vaqod3uht

cheewgumm
08-03-2015, 05:44 PM
under pressure from their fan base...to be OMU guys. Market came here and has been really good for State.

Maybe he didn't have an OMU offer, I don't know..and don't care. He's been good here.

Saltydog
08-03-2015, 06:21 PM
That's good news. I think he has to have lost a step but still glad to hear he's back.

Coach34
08-03-2015, 06:30 PM
How distal on the tendon the tear can determine how much they'll have to cut into you. The Achilles' tendon will roll up like a fruit roll-up into your lower calf depending on where it pops. The lower the tear, the longer the therapy typically.

depends on midsubstance vs a root tear as well. Just suture vs suture and anchors.

Billy Ray Valentine
08-03-2015, 10:14 PM
under pressure from their fan base...to be OMU guys. Market came here and has been really good for State.

Maybe he didn't have an OMU offer, I don't know..and don't care. He's been good here.
I remember when we were recruiting him he was a State fan. Don't know if he got a Norhern Miss offer either but don't think it would've mattered. He's a true dawg

DancingRabbit
08-03-2015, 10:37 PM

Remember, N. Miss fans said we only offered Market to snag Brassell. They had a good laugh when Brassell flipped and said we would drop Market.

I don't think he had any other offers besides us. I hope he's healthy and can finish his career strong. He's been a good Dawg.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-04-2015, 08:23 AM
But you did those things before the injury?

Of course not.

Johnson85
08-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Listening to today's B&B Show right now & Bob Carskadon makes a point that all indications are that Market is healthy and ready to go. I'm not sure if Carskadon is playing the company line, but he is in the know & sees these guys often.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but, if Market is healthy, that certainly makes me feel better about the "floor" of our secondary.

I doubt we'll really know until he gets into a game situation. I don't doubt that he's fully recovered in the sense that he doesn't have restrictions. But we'll see the first time he takes an angle to make a tackle. I'm guessing he'll take the same angle as always (although Market is obviously a smart player so maybe he'll have already adjusted and changed his angle) and if he's a step slower, we'll know.

Bama_Dawg
08-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Kendrick will make his mark this year, but I don't think we will see it so much in what he does on the field. He will play and do great, but where he will do even better is getting our other Safeties up to speed. As long as Kendrick passes on his knowledge to Peters, I believe our DB play will be greatly improved in late October and all of November. Market is a grinder and he'll want to be on the field, but he also understands the team concept.

And I'm all for a replay of Jay Hughes' return as well. Pick off a pass against USM and then take a blocked kick to the house.

the59dawg
08-04-2015, 02:01 PM

Just like Pegues. Oh how that punt return for the tieing TD must have burned the scUM after we won the game.

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Kendrick will make his mark this year, but I don't think we will see it so much in what he does on the field. He will play and do great, but where he will do even better is getting our other Safeties up to speed. As long as Kendrick passes on his knowledge to Peters, I believe our DB play will be greatly improved in late October and all of November. Market is a grinder and he'll want to be on the field, but he also understands the team concept.

And I'm all for a replay of Jay Hughes' return as well. Pick off a pass against USM and then take a blocked kick to the house.

Nailed it. Market is the ultimate team first player. If the team is better with him sitting and helping the young guys learn, he'll sit and help the young guys learn.