PDA

View Full Version : According to SDS, only "irrational" MSU fans would argue we will finish last in West.

MadDawg
08-03-2015, 03:14 PM
edited: I don't think my title makes sense. Should read "only irrational MSU fans would argue we will NOT finish last in the West. Sorry, can't edit title.

In an "article" titled "10 Things We Learned About the SEC West" there is this gem under #2:

2. The program that finishes last in the SEC West probably will be shocked.

The media slotted Mississippi State seventh in its preseason poll, and while I?m sure there are a few rational Bulldogs fans who aren?t going to argue that projection, the majority responded by yelling ?WE STILL HAVE DAK PRESCOTT? repeatedly. Texas A&M and a healthy portion of the Arkansas fan base don?t expect to win the division, but last place? To borrow from Chad Johnson: child, please. We should see at least one shellshocked fan base, and maybe even a team or two that falls flat once they?re out of the race.

mstatefan91
08-03-2015, 03:30 PM
It will be another 'Cinderella' season. That's what the media wants to set up. If we do somehow suck then they can stick their chests out about being right for once.

TrapGame
08-03-2015, 03:41 PM
If we suck and go 6-6 then the media does a I told ya so. But, if we go 9-3 or 10-2 then we get the media talking about Dan Mullen must surely want to leave Starkville cause he's done all he can do.

msstate7
08-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Lsu game is gonna be a big dose of reality for someone. Hope it isn't us...

TrapGame
08-03-2015, 04:02 PM

True. Although we could pimp slap LSU ten ways from Sunday and the meme would be:

LSU is down.
LSU lost to many juniors.
Man, that Miles really is an idiot.
Kevin Steel was a bad hire for Les.
Cameron isn't the offensive guru everyone thought he was.

It will never be because Mississippi State is "good".

maroonmania
08-03-2015, 04:02 PM

^^ This

If we lose that game, my expectations for wins will drop from the 9-10 range to the 6-7 range.

DanDority
08-03-2015, 04:28 PM
My fear, is pointing to the thread about D-Line. There is understandable nervousness about our lack of depth there and in this league as we saw last year with a good, deep D-line you will go very far. Now I'm not saying we don't have good depth there, we just have question marks up front on the D.

archdog
08-03-2015, 04:36 PM
My fear, is pointing to the thread about D-Line. There is understandable nervousness about our lack of depth there and in this league as we saw last year with a good, deep D-line you will go very far. Now I'm not saying we don't have good depth there, we just have question marks up front on the D.

I don't see the Dline as being a problem. I think we have depth, but the depth is young. They will catch up quickly.

Coach34
08-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Better your depth be young as opposed to your starters.

We were picked 5th last year and finished 2nd. They never get us right or properly evaluate us because they look at Crootin stars so hard

LeakyD
08-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Remember when everyone said LSU wouldn't win a game vs the West last year after we beat them? Remember the main fan base saying it? Remember who LSU beat? One school in MS is usually over-ranked, and the other always has to prove itself worthy. I'll take my chances with #15.

maroonmania
08-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Seriously, has there ever been a bigger disconnect between MSU football fan expectations and media expectations? I mean I normally think that MSU fans are more realistic than most about how our team should perform. Seems like if we are going to suck we normally expect to suck. Of course everything is relative and most of us don't keep up in detail with everything everyone else in the SEC has going on but its just hard for me to fathom that most of us think we will have one of the best teams in our history but yet we end up finishing last in the SEC West because everyone else is SO good.

Dawgcentral
08-03-2015, 06:47 PM
LSU is coming into a very hostile environment without a proven QB, against a Manny led defense and a line that's going to be all about stopping the run first.

Can't wait to see the betting line on this game.

I seen it dawg
08-03-2015, 07:59 PM
State wins SEC West

Maroonthirteen
08-03-2015, 10:20 PM
After their ridiculous article a few days ago....unlike. I can't recall one interesting or intelligent article from those guys.

maroonmania
08-03-2015, 10:22 PM
I learn so much about our team when I watch these pre-season college football shows. Just saw on ESPNU's College Football Daily that we will have no defense this year. Who knew? :rolleyes:

BiscuitEater
08-04-2015, 08:31 AM
It will be another 'Cinderella' season. That's what the media wants to set up. If we do somehow suck then they can stick their chests out about being right for once.

SEC West is so loaded that a couple of REALLY good teams are going to have 6 or 7 win seasons. Every west team has to play the other west teams .. and we are going to kill each other. It does kinda suck to be in a Division where even the bottom team is a Top 20 team.

With Bama & LSU being less strong .. we feel like we have as good a chance to elevate our record .. BUT every SEC West team & fans feel the same way. Hogs, A&M, Auburn & OM fans ALL think they will be better. Someone is going to get their feelings hurt.

Make no mistake .. the WAR starts early this year .. we need to win the first battle on 12 Sep.

FlabLoser
08-04-2015, 09:53 AM
I should put SDS in as a banned word.

BulldogBear
08-04-2015, 10:47 AM
I should put SDS in as a banned word.

Just make it where when anyone types SDS it gets changed to "17stick"