PDA

View Full Version : Premier League Preview Thread

Pages : [1] 2

TheRef
08-03-2015, 02:08 PM
With the 2015/2016 Barclay's Premier League season beginning Saturday, it's that time again to start discussing our teams. I know that we didn't do a redraft, but we can go ahead and discuss some teams.

Leicester City Foxes

After the greatest escape from relegation in Premier League history, the Foxes sacked Manager Nigel Pearson after a sex scandal in Thailand during a tournament that involved Pearson's son. In response, the Leicester City owners hired former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri to take the helm of the second-year Premier League club.

The one man that we probably couldn't have afforded to lose in Cambiasso has been lost, sadly. He was our bald-headed energy from last season, that we are all sad to see leave the Leicester City squad.

Honestly, I see the Foxes having to battle for their lives from Relegation this season. We start off against a home match against Sunderland.

BulldogDX55
08-03-2015, 02:16 PM
I require a redraft ASAP, as my team, the Hull City Tigers, was relegated due to copious injuries.

mstatefan91
08-03-2015, 02:26 PM
A re-draft should be done. Unless someone just wants to keep their team from last season.

Liverpooldawg
08-03-2015, 04:08 PM
I take my team seriously and have since the early 90s so I don't want to be drafted. I'm not sure what to expect from Liverpool to be honest. There are a ton of new boys and it's starting to look like we may not be through in the market yet. We have addressed needs on paper for sure but given how the transfers worked out last year I'll wait to see them in Red on a competitive pitch before I get my hopes up. Rogers better hope they work out. I'm also going to be pulling hard for Norwich City this season after my experience in Norwich this summer. If I had to predict a Top 4 right now I'd say City, Chelski, Man U, and Arsenal in that order. If one of those slips either Tottenham or Liverpool. Relegation: Bournemouth, Watford, West Ham. Norwich survives.....just :)

War Machine Dawg
08-04-2015, 12:15 AM
I require a redraft ASAP, as my team, the Hull City Tigers, was relegated due to copious injuries.

THIS.

TheRef
08-04-2015, 10:37 AM
So who all would want a redraft and who would not want to be included. Obviously, those who were relegated would like a redraft.

Liverpooldawg
08-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Some guy with no life simulated 1000 English seasons with Football Manager 2015. The results are entertaining. Be sure and click on the results link in the article

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/125877633972/gamer-simulates-1000-seasons-on-football-manager

CadaverDawg
08-05-2015, 11:36 AM
So who all would want a redraft and who would not want to be included. Obviously, those who were relegated would like a redraft.

Id like a redraft

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-07-2015, 10:32 AM
I take my team seriously and have since the early 90s so I don't want to be drafted. I'm not sure what to expect from Liverpool to be honest. There are a ton of new boys and it's starting to look like we may not be through in the market yet. We have addressed needs on paper for sure but given how the transfers worked out last year I'll wait to see them in Red on a competitive pitch before I get my hopes up. Rogers better hope they work out. I'm also going to be pulling hard for Norwich City this season after my experience in Norwich this summer. If I had to predict a Top 4 right now I'd say City, Chelski, Man U, and Arsenal in that order. If one of those slips either Tottenham or Liverpool. Relegation: Bournemouth, Watford, West Ham. Norwich survives.....just :)

West Ham getting relegated right before they move into the Olympic Stadium? That would be a catastrophe for them.

TheRef
08-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Looks like there's barely anyone with interest right now. So tell you what....I'll trust y'all to just pick your own teams since we have so little interest in it.

CadaverDawg
08-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Looks like there's barely anyone with interest right now. So tell you what....I'll trust y'all to just pick your own teams since we have so little interest in it.

Only because it's on this forum. We can all choose our own, that's cool with me...but if the Braves can have a running thread on the main board, so should the Premier League IMO. But I have very little pull

Dawgowar
08-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Look forward to getting up at 6:00 to watch United and Tottenham. Still think United needs another CB and a winger.

TheRef
08-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Only because it's on this forum. We can all choose our own, that's cool with me...but if the Braves can have a running thread on the main board, so should the Premier League IMO. But I have very little pull

I agree too...that's just wrong of them, in my opinion. Premier League is a glorious thing....but I guess it doesn't fit the fancy of C34

Liverpooldawg
08-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Bournemouth stadium = awesome!

Liverpooldawg
08-08-2015, 09:04 AM
The camera position facing into the sun sucks however.

TheRef
08-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Leicester City out to a dramatic start of the Raineri era. Halftime in King Power Stadium sees the Foxes up to a 3-0 lead over visiting Sunderland. An opening goal by England national team member Jamie Vardy gave the Foxes the early advantage, Mahrez then followed up with two more (including a PK) to push the ledger to 3-0 before the half.

Let's see what the second half has in store for us, shall we?

War Machine Dawg
08-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Still trying to decide who I'm going to follow. Planning to give Man City, Chelsea, and Arsenal a chance to win my loyalty. DVR'd Spurs-Man U and watching it now. Tottenham will get a chance, too. Speaking of the Hotspur, does anyone know what they decided to do with Yedlin? He wasn't sure himself as of the Gold Cup a couple weeks ago. Never heard if they sent him out on loan or decided they'd try to play him. Either way, I hope he'll be playing a wide-mid/winger going forward. He looked damn good in that role in international action since the World Cup last year.

Watched some of Norwich-Crystal Palace. Had to leave the room for a couple minutes and when I came back it had gone from a 0-0 tie to a 0-2 lead for Crystal Palace. Bournemouth and Aston Villa couldn't hold my attention, thus firing up the DVR until Chelsea starts.

TheRef
08-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Leicester City had a lesser half in the last 45' than during the first, giving up two goals to Sunderland. However, between the two Sunderland goals, Marc Albrighton provided a security goal and the match ended with a 4-2 ledger and Leicester City is tied for the Premiership lead.

Liverpooldawg
08-08-2015, 11:26 PM
I didn't get up in time to see the 17'ng Mancs and Spurs........intentionally. After 9am I flipped back and forth between Bournemouth and Norwich, my 2nd favorites forever after visiting Norwich for three nights this spring during the playoffs. Bournemouth should have won their game. Norwich SCORED an equalizer that would have made it 2-2 that was unbelievably disallowed. It might have still ended 2-3 instead of 1-3 but that call was BOGUS. The Reds play while I'm at church tomorrow. From what I can tell it's on tape delay tomorrow evening here. If we win I'll watch it.

cheat2win
08-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Can't wait to watch Benteke's official Liverpool debut today. Once Firminio is fully fit that new look attack will be awesome. Hopefully Clyne can bring some stability to the back.

CadaverDawg
08-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Well shit.

Arsenal is my team this year, and I'll be damned if they're not about to drop game 1 to West Ham. It's 2-0 in the 84th minute.

I'm still keeping up with the Swans too, and I'm Real Madrid in La Liga. Arsenal will bounce back, but this is a bad start to the season.

Liverpooldawg
08-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Can I revise my prediction about the Hammers going down? I'm watching my recording of Liverpool right now. They look a bit better at the back but still are lacking there and up front. In fairness a better team would have torn them apart but the corresponding fixture last season ended 6-1 to Stoke. I'll take the win and be happy.

Liverpooldawg
08-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Liverpool's goal today was top drawer.

War Machine Dawg
08-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Yeah, Arsenal looked pretty rough yesterday, Cadaver. I DVR'd it and watched it later. Petr Cech had a terrible game. Good news is that probably won't be the norm. Thought Chelsea looked a little lackluster as well.

Watched Man City this afternoon. They looked really sharp and didn't start a couple of their regulars like Aguero and Nasri. They put up 3 on West Brom and are the official league leaders after Week 1.

Still haven't decided who my team will be just yet, as several key guys didn't play this week - Aguero, Alexis Sanchez, etc. Can someone explain to me why the guys who were coming off Copa America action aren't considered fit? I would think playing competitive international soccer would have them in top shape.

Liverpooldawg
08-11-2015, 11:27 AM
The guys from the Copa essentially had little or no summer break. That month or so of rest is usually considered vital.

War Machine Dawg
08-11-2015, 10:33 PM
The guys from the Copa essentially had little or no summer break. That month or so of rest is usually considered vital.

Got ya. Much appreciated. Didn't see how they could be considered out of shape if they'd spent the summer playing competitive international futbol.

Dawg61
08-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Damn the season started already?! Can we just put the USAMNT in the EPL already. I'd watch every game for sure then.

Liverpooldawg
08-13-2015, 10:57 AM
The U.S. Men's national team would be relegated in the 1st year.

Dawg61
08-13-2015, 12:43 PM
The U.S. Men's national team would be relegated in the 1st year.

Nope. We get home games too.

War Machine Dawg
08-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Nope. We get home games too.

You're letting homerism override objective evaluation. I don't know if the USAMNT would be relegated, but they'd finish near the bottom of the table for sure. Dempsey is old, Yedlin barely plays for Tottenham, and Johansson is only in Bundesliga 2. Altidore was a gigantic bomb at Sunderland. The rest haven't even gotten interest from the major Euro leagues. That should tell you something.

TheRef
08-13-2015, 03:02 PM
We would have one of the better GKs if we could pull Howard from Everton. Or we can get Guzan from Aston Villa.

War Machine Dawg
08-13-2015, 07:28 PM
We would have one of the better GKs if we could pull Howard from Everton. Or we can get Guzan from Aston Villa.

True, forgot about them. But still, most of our team would be pretty bad.

TheRef
08-13-2015, 08:14 PM
True, forgot about them. But still, most of our team would be pretty bad.

Oh I agree...we would be lower-mid table in the PL.

Liverpooldawg
08-13-2015, 11:03 PM
We might be lower mid-table in the Championship. Not the EPL. We would be going down rather quickly there. The thing you have to remember is that EPL teams are packed with international players from the best national teams. All but 2 or 3 US internationals would never see the pitch for Norwich or Bournemouth.

Dawg61
08-13-2015, 11:39 PM
We might be lower mid-table in the Championship. Not the EPL. We would be going down rather quickly there. The thing you have to remember is that EPL teams are packed with international players from the best national teams. All but 2 or 3 US internationals would never see the pitch for Norwich or Bournemouth.

You're an idiot. USAMNT beat Germany in ****ing Germany less than 2 months ago. Get ****ing real! You're halfway to retard status this week.

War Machine Dawg
08-14-2015, 01:52 PM
You're an idiot. USAMNT beat Germany in ****ing Germany less than 2 months ago. Get ****ing real! You're halfway to retard status this week.

No, you're just looking at it through red, white, and blue colored glasses. I think Liverpool is wrong saying we'd be lower mid-table in the Championship, but you entirely missed the idea that our team doesn't have the talent level to compete in the top leagues. The only EPL quality players on the entire roster, as of right now, are Dempsey, Howard, and Guzan. Maybe Yedlin. Maybe Johansson. Maybe Jordan Morris. And it's a big stretch on my part to say Johansson and Morris. We'd get our asses kicked pretty regularly in the EPL, especially since of the 3 EPL quality players we have, 2 are goalkeepers, meaning one of them would have to sit.

Dawg61
08-14-2015, 02:13 PM
No, you're just looking at it through red, white, and blue colored glasses. I think Liverpool is wrong saying we'd be lower mid-table in the Championship, but you entirely missed the idea that our team doesn't have the talent level to compete in the top leagues. The only EPL quality players on the entire roster, as of right now, are Dempsey, Howard, and Guzan. Maybe Yedlin. Maybe Johansson. Maybe Jordan Morris. And it's a big stretch on my part to say Johansson and Morris. We'd get our asses kicked pretty regularly in the EPL, especially since of the 3 EPL quality players we have, 2 are goalkeepers, meaning one of them would have to sit.

I think y'all are over ranking the EPL. MLS just beat Tottenham. Not sure how many countries have made the final 16 of the last two World Cups but I do know USA is one of them and England and Italy are not.

Liverpooldawg
08-14-2015, 02:23 PM

If we good enough to survive in the EPL we would have a number of players who would not just be on teams in the top leagues in Europe but they would be PLAYING regularly. As has been pointed out, we don't have that.

Liverpooldawg
08-14-2015, 02:28 PM
I think y'all are over ranking the EPL. MLS just beat Tottenham. Not sure how many countries have made the final 16 of the last two World Cups but I do know USA is one of them and England and Italy are not.

Yes, a MLS all star team with players in mid-season form (With how many non-Americans?) beat Tottenham in it's first preseason friendly. Very impressive.

mstatefan91
08-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Oh, we're picking our own teams? Then I'm going Liverpool 100%. It's who I wanted last year.

TheRef
08-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Oh, we're picking our own teams? Then I'm going Liverpool 100%. It's who I wanted last year.

If you'd like to, you can. I guess I can try to keep up with the smaller squads that aren't being represented.

Dawg61
08-14-2015, 05:38 PM
If you'd like to, you can. I guess I can try to keep up with the smaller squads that aren't being represented.

I can draft tonight if y'all want me to

War Machine Dawg
08-14-2015, 07:51 PM

I say go for it. It's always a good time.

Liverpooldawg
08-15-2015, 10:45 AM
I'll obviously be taking Liverpool but I'd be glad to take Norwich as well. They are up 3-0 at Sunderland at the moment. That's going to be 3 precious points in the struggle to stay up. I'd love to be at the Wig and Pen right now!

Liverpooldawg
08-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Make that 3-1 in the 88th.

Liverpooldawg
08-15-2015, 10:52 AM
3-1 final

TheRef
08-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Leicester City defeated West Ham 2-1 today. Feels good, man. Feels good.

BulldogDX55
08-15-2015, 11:32 AM

Do it. I need a new team. I liked Hull City, so it sucks that they got relegated.

Dawg61
08-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Do it. I need a new team. I liked Hull City, so it sucks that they got relegated.

Alright BulldogDX55 you are now the proud owner of Manchester City. Nice pick

Dawg61
08-15-2015, 03:30 PM
I say go for it. It's always a good time.

Alright War Machine Dawg you are now the proud owner of Liverpool. Damn two good ones in a row.

TheRef
08-15-2015, 09:37 PM
I know a bunch of teams still have to play this weekend, but I love seeing the Foxes on top

https://i.gyazo.com/6d28576cdc6ebf412d41f8df61016213.png

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2015, 11:19 PM
I'm really looking forward to Arsenal's match and the Man City-Chelsea match tomorrow. Already got my DVR set so I can watch them tomorrow afternoon. Guess I'll have to start following Liverpool now too.

Speaking of which, Liverpooldawg, what's the plan for Balotelli this season? When he's not being an idiot, he's a hell of a talented striker and really fun to watch. But I noticed Liverpool signed a big striker during the current transfer window, meaning they now have 3 for 2 spots. Lots of speculation Balotelli is on the outs.

Liverpooldawg
08-16-2015, 02:05 AM
I'm really looking forward to Arsenal's match and the Man City-Chelsea match tomorrow. Already got my DVR set so I can watch them tomorrow afternoon. Guess I'll have to start following Liverpool now too.

Speaking of which, Liverpooldawg, what's the plan for Balotelli this season? When he's not being an idiot, he's a hell of a talented striker and really fun to watch. But I noticed Liverpool signed a big striker during the current transfer window, meaning they now have 3 for 2 spots. Lots of speculation Balotelli is on the outs.

If Liverpool can get anyone to match his wage demands he is GONE. I agree with everything you said about his talent but he is the definition of a 16 million pound body and a tu'pence head. The latest speculation is that Liverpool may be willing to pay 25% to 30% of his wages just to get rid of him. I was fine with when we signed him. 16 million pounds for a striker of his obvious talent was a decent gamble but it is now an obviously lost gamble. Him being at Liverpool is also the perfect example of the "transfer committee" approach not working. The word is that he was signed despite Rodgers not wanting him. I would have still taken the chance. In today's market 16 million quid for him is a risk worth taking. To bad it didn't work out. Someday maybe the light will go on for him, maybe he and Liverpool will accept Sampdoria's (or whoever the current low ball offer is) offer and it will be there. When or if it does somebody is going to get a hell of a striker at a bargain price. I just wish it had been on Red Merseyside.

BulldogDX55
08-16-2015, 09:38 AM
Alright BulldogDX55 you are now the proud owner of Manchester City. Nice pick

Hell yeah. Avatar changed.

DudyDawg
08-16-2015, 02:17 PM
Been on vacation so I didn't see this. I would like a redraft if it hasn't happened. I had burnley. Either way tho I I'll watch most every game. Soccer fever for the past 5 or so years for me is real. It's quickly surpassed all sports for me and Real has quickly passed all teams besides state in me. Also, I loved seeing Jose fall on his face today after this week's bullshit. Arrogant ****.

ETA my prediction. City, Arsenal, chelsea, United in that order. Chelsea hasn't gotten any better (and truthfully I think is worse) while Arsenal and City both added to their squad strength (especially if Arsenal gets a striker and City get De Bruyne). United sneaks in by default.

Relegation- Sunderland, Villa, Bournemouth.

Dawg61
08-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Been on vacation so I didn't see this. I would like a redraft if it hasn't happened. I had burnley. Either way tho I I'll watch most every game. Soccer fever for the past 5 or so years for me is real. It's quickly surpassed all sports for me and Real has quickly passed all teams besides state in me. Also, I loved seeing Jose fall on his face today after this week's bullshit. Arrogant ****.

ETA my prediction. City, Arsenal, chelsea, United in that order. Chelsea hasn't gotten any better (and truthfully I think is worse) while Arsenal and City both added to their squad strength (especially if Arsenal gets a striker and City get De Bruyne). United sneaks in by default.

Congratulations Dudy you are now the proud owner of West Brom

War Machine Dawg
08-16-2015, 03:19 PM

Interesting relegation picks, but I like it. Not the safe picks projecting the newcomers to go down. It would be cool if Norwich could stay up. I'm hoping Hull will bounce right back up from the Championship this season. But apparently our keeper, McGregor cost us two points earlier today. Fumbled a ball that Wolverhampton put in for the equalizer. If Steve Bruce doesn't wake up and upgrade our keeper, it's going to be really hard to be a consistent team. A shitty keeper can ruin a team faster than any position on the field.

DudyDawg
08-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Interesting relegation picks, but I like it. Not the safe picks projecting the newcomers to go down. It would be cool if Norwich could stay up. I'm hoping Hull will bounce right back up from the Championship this season. But apparently our keeper, McGregor cost us two points earlier today. Fumbled a ball that Wolverhampton put in for the equalizer. If Steve Bruce doesn't wake up and upgrade our keeper, it's going to be really hard to be a consistent team. A shitty keeper can ruin a team faster than any position on the field.

I think Hull goes back up.

I picked those relegation three bc obviously I think that's what will happen, but also bc 1- picking the three that came up to go back down is too easy lol, and 2- I'm seriously drinking the Watford KoolAid after seeing them play. Love their style, at least in the opener

DudyDawg
08-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Congratulations Dudy you are now the proud owner of West Brom

Haha I'll take it. I've always liked Joleon Lescott for some reason. I'll be pulling for them this year from now on!

BulldogDX55
08-17-2015, 03:30 PM
I think Hull goes back up.

I picked those relegation three bc obviously I think that's what will happen, but also bc 1- picking the three that came up to go back down is too easy lol, and 2- I'm seriously drinking the Watford KoolAid after seeing them play. Love their style, at least in the opener

If Hull comes back up, I will drop Man City for them. It'll be fun cheering for a favorite for once in my life, but I will always be the type who goes for the underdog.

Liverpooldawg
08-17-2015, 04:45 PM
It is three points but what little I saw of it was unimpressive from the Reds. The goal, according to the way offside is supposed to be interpreted in England, should not have counted. I agreed with the call that disallowed the Cherries goal. Liverpool 1 Bournemouth 0 final.........I'll take it.

DudyDawg
08-17-2015, 09:51 PM
It is three points but what little I saw of it was unimpressive from the Reds. The goal, according to the way offside is supposed to be interpreted in England, should not have counted. I agreed with the call that disallowed the Cherries goal. Liverpool 1 Bournemouth 0 final.........I'll take it.

Highway robbery those two points haha. Gotta get a few of those games tho if yall wanna sneak into the top four

War Machine Dawg
08-17-2015, 11:41 PM
If Hull comes back up, I will drop Man City for them. It'll be fun cheering for a favorite for once in my life, but I will always be the type who goes for the underdog.

My plan is to have one of the big clubs to cheer for and then root for an underdog like Hull. That way I get the best of both. Plus, as an American, you want a team you can see on TV regularly, haha. I'm still following Hull on Facebook. It's actually a really good place to keep up with team news and results.

Bassbucksducks
08-18-2015, 08:34 AM
Too late to join/set up a fantasy league?

War Machine Dawg
08-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Too late to join/set up a fantasy league?

Good question, I'd love to do one again this year.

Bassbucksducks
08-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Good question, I'd love to do one again this year.

Anyone else in?

Liverpooldawg
08-18-2015, 01:44 PM
My plan is to have one of the big clubs to cheer for and then root for an underdog like Hull. That way I get the best of both. Plus, as an American, you want a team you can see on TV regularly, haha. I'm still following Hull on Facebook. It's actually a really good place to keep up with team news and results.

Get Directv with the sportspack and you get every game. NBC also streams them but you have to have a TV package that includes the games. I've been watching Norwich on Saturday mornings.

DanglyGiant
08-20-2015, 10:22 AM
I'm in if the option is still there.

Bassbucksducks
08-21-2015, 08:40 AM
I created a league on fantasy.premierleague.com

I made it so scoring starts in week 4 (since week 3 starts in like 20 hours). Let's try to get a half dozen people signed up!

League Code
30535-679861

Liverpooldawg
08-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Another point for Norwich! I also got a live glimpse of the cathedral during the broadcast. It was a good day.

BulldogDX55
08-23-2015, 11:58 AM
I created a league on fantasy.premierleague.com

I made it so scoring starts in week 4 (since week 3 starts in like 20 hours). Let's try to get a half dozen people signed up!

League Code
30535-679861

I'll join later, though I don't know near enough to expect to do well.

That said, Man City looked great (outside of three yellow cards) crushing Everton two nil.

DudyDawg
08-23-2015, 01:27 PM
Everton v City today was a really enjoyable game

War Machine Dawg
08-24-2015, 12:01 PM
I'll join later, though I don't know near enough to expect to do well.

That said, Man City looked great (outside of three yellow cards) crushing Everton two nil.

You'll probably do better than you expect. I figured I'd get crushed in my first year last season, but wound up finishing middle of the pack.

Bassbucksducks
08-24-2015, 12:10 PM
Scoring starts this weekend! Don't miss it!

BulldogDX55
08-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Scoring starts this weekend! Don't miss it!

Just signed up! It looks like I won't take worse than third!

Liverpooldawg
08-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Goalless at the Emerites.......I'll take that.

DudyDawg
08-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Goalless at the Emerites.......I'll take that.

How was it? Couldn't watch

War Machine Dawg
08-24-2015, 08:19 PM

Pretty meh, honestly. Arsenal had an early goal disallowed on a blown offsides call. After that, it was pretty sloppy on both sides. Not a great match to watch, sadly.

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2015, 08:38 AM

I didn't see much of it. From what I read Liverpool owned the first half and Arsenal dominated the second. The papers were complimentary to Liverpool. Getting at point at that stadium isn't easy.

DudyDawg
08-25-2015, 10:27 AM
I didn't see much of it. From what I read Liverpool owned the first half and Arsenal dominated the second. The papers were complimentary to Liverpool. Getting at point at that stadium isn't easy.
At the library?

DudyDawg
08-25-2015, 10:28 AM
Pretty meh, honestly. Arsenal had an early goal disallowed on a blown offsides call. After that, it was pretty sloppy on both sides. Not a great match to watch, sadly.

Doesn't surprise me ha

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2015, 11:05 AM
At the library?

English media actually.

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2015, 11:08 AM
What I saw of it was pretty entertaining (mainly the first 15 and last 15 minutes). That seemed to be the verdict in the media I saw as well. I'm sure Reds enjoyed it more than Gooners. If it's a draw at Anfield that will be reversed.

Liverpooldawg
08-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Man we look like crap today. Down 2-0 to West Ham at Anfield.

Liverpooldawg
08-29-2015, 09:53 AM
That half was just really poor for the Reds. The final attacking third and at the very back were just horrible.

Liverpooldawg
08-29-2015, 10:44 AM
Liverpool are still way short of firepower and creativity up front. Lovran reverted to his form of last year at the back. Disaster of a game but I can't say I haven't seen this coming. Other than at Arsenal Liverpool have looked pretty pedestrian.

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Haven't watched the game, although I've got it on DVR, but Arsenal desperately needs a striker. What's weird is that there has been zero talk about them trying to make a deadline move to upgrade. If they could add a big time striker, I think they'd be right in the hunt.

Liverpooldawg
08-29-2015, 10:57 AM
West Ham hadn't won at Anfield since 1963. Terrible game from Liverpool. Just an awful performance in all facets of the game. 3-0 final.

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2015, 11:05 AM
I take it back, apparently Arsenal have a couple of big targets. One guy at Napoli and another at PSG. Also lots of talk they may grab Draxler from Schalke.

DudyDawg
08-29-2015, 11:59 AM
I take it back, apparently Arsenal have a couple of big targets. One guy at Napoli and another at PSG. Also lots of talk they may grab Draxler from Schalke.

Their top target was Benzema, he said no, and now they're making a big push for Cavanni

Buy if I'm them, I go for Abumeyang (close enough) and Lacazette. They fit the Arsenal style much better and are younger

DudyDawg
08-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Crazy say so far. Liverpool were awful. Chelsea losing at home to Palace (and another coach that starts with P). Watching everton Spurs now (and bayern on fs2). Everton game has been exciting, end ti end, but horribly sloppy. Really bad in the final third

Really excited to see Real at home today against Betis. 330 on Bein if you Jane that channel

TheRef
08-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Leicester City traveled to AFC Bournemouth today....Christ that team is good and young. Sadly, I think we injured two of their players soooooooo....anyway. Bournemouth got a beautiful bicycle kick inside the box for their goal. I mean, I wasn't even mad when he made it against Kasper. It took us until about the 78' mark for us to equalize thanks to a Jamie Vardy PK after being taken down from the side inside the box. Silly penalty for the Bournemouth defender to get in that moment.

DudyDawg
09-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Transfer deadline day is today. Espnfc.com should have a good list of all transactions.

Yedlin, btw, just got sent on loan to Sunderland for the year.

And 17 United and 17 Flo Perez screwing up this De Gea deal.

TheRef
09-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Leicester City has officially acquired winger Nathan Dyer on a season-long loan from Swansea City. I'm okay with this.

TheRef
09-14-2015, 08:13 AM
My Leicester City Foxes didn't let the International break keep them from their lossless streak. We stayed in King Power Stadium for a game against Aston Villa, which ended with a 3-2 victory. We stay in the second slot on the table behind Manchester City, which holds a 4 point lead and a +7 Goal Differential to Leicester City. The Foxes will travel to Stoke City next week.

DudyDawg
09-14-2015, 07:20 PM
Ref, Leicester is looking very impressive. Dyer is a great add I loved him at Swansea. United game was wild. And how bad has chelsea been?

Tonight I'll be very anxious and pumped about the champions League getting started tomorrow at 1:45. With games on Espn, FS1 and 2, and local fox stations (Real Madrid vs Shakhtar on Fox sports south) it feels like Christmas eve

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2015, 08:11 PM
Liverpool sucked once again. I'm not sure Rogers makes it to Boxing Day. At least Norwich won.

TheRef
09-14-2015, 09:07 PM
Ref, Leicester is looking very impressive. Dyer is a great add I loved him at Swansea. United game was wild. And how bad has chelsea been?

Tonight I'll be very anxious and pumped about the champions League getting started tomorrow at 1:45. With games on Espn, FS1 and 2, and local fox stations (Real Madrid vs Shakhtar on Fox sports south) it feels like Christmas eve

Leicester certainly has impressed early in the season, but we haven't played any of the big teams, save Tottenham. I'll be interested to see how we do against stiffer competition.

DudyDawg
09-14-2015, 09:34 PM
Liverpool sucked once again. I'm not sure Rogers makes it to Boxing Day. At least Norwich won.

Only question is who would you want to replace him?

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2015, 11:42 AM
My Leicester City Foxes didn't let the International break keep them from their lossless streak. We stayed in King Power Stadium for a game against Aston Villa, which ended with a 3-2 victory. We stay in the second slot on the table behind Manchester City, which holds a 4 point lead and a +7 Goal Differential to Leicester City. The Foxes will travel to Stoke City next week.

A little hint from a 20 year plus vet of following the EPL: You shouldn't refer to your team as the Leicester City Foxes in the same sentence. You should just say Leicester City. You could say the Foxes. You almost never hear an English association football team referred to by it's name and knickname together. Most teams rarely if ever use the knickname because for most it's entirely unofficial.

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2015, 11:43 AM
Only question is who would you want to replace him?

Klop seems to be the name at the moment.

TheRef
09-15-2015, 08:50 PM
A little hint from a 20 year plus vet of following the EPL: You shouldn't refer to your team as the Leicester City Foxes in the same sentence. You should just say Leicester City. You could say the Foxes. You almost never hear an English association football team referred to by it's name and knickname together. Most teams rarely if ever use the knickname because for most it's entirely unofficial.

I'll try my best.

DudyDawg
09-17-2015, 11:46 AM
After the first two match days in the champions league, the premier League again is off to a miserable start. Really sad that the best league to watch and most entertaining to follow is really not that good.

War Machine Dawg
09-17-2015, 12:13 PM
After the first two match days in the champions league, the premier League again is off to a miserable start. Really sad that the best league to watch and most entertaining to follow is really not that good.

Yep. It's shocking how far behind the rest of Europe the EPL is. Something has to change - namely the "homegrown" rule. That's killing EPL teams. And if you watched Arsenal yesterday (I did), you saw why they desperately needed to get a striker during the transfer window. Giroud is a freaking clown, Walcott isn't that good, and Welbeck is injured. Still a little surprised Man City didn't at least draw Juve, though. They miss Aguero desperately.

DudyDawg
09-18-2015, 12:16 PM
Yep. It's shocking how far behind the rest of Europe the EPL is. Something has to change - namely the "homegrown" rule. That's killing EPL teams. And if you watched Arsenal yesterday (I did), you saw why they desperately needed to get a striker during the transfer window. Giroud is a freaking clown, Walcott isn't that good, and Welbeck is injured. Still a little surprised Man City didn't at least draw Juve, though. They miss Aguero desperately.

It's because the EPL teams have no depth. The depth of the other European giants is so much better that they can start a few young/second string guys on the weekend in a league game and win, making sure they have a strong 11 for Tuesday or Wednesday in champions league. Add in how many more games it is, and the injuries that come with that, and they just don't have the depth. And they don't have the talent.

Liverpooldawg
09-18-2015, 04:15 PM
I think it has more to do with how strong the bottom half of the EPL is. You can't take ANYONE lightly so it's hard not to start your best available 11.

My weekend in the EPL is guaranteed not to be total loss. Norwich is playing Liverpool. Obviously I'm hoping for a Liverpool win but as Norwich is my second team a draw or a Norwich win would still be somewhat fun.

DudyDawg
09-18-2015, 05:06 PM
I think it has more to do with how strong the bottom half of the EPL is. You can't take ANYONE lightly so it's hard not to start your best available 11.

I think that points more to the top teams not being elite. They can't take anyone lightly bc they aren't that much better.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2015, 02:23 PM
A draw, I can live with that. Brendon Rogers on the other hand.....................

DudyDawg
09-20-2015, 07:05 PM
A draw, I can live with that. Brendon Rogers on the other hand.....................
How long before the "Rogers out" planes start flying

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2015, 09:10 PM
How long before the "Rogers out" planes start flying

They basically already are.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2015, 09:11 PM
The only reason I can live with it is Norwich is my second favorite team, great town.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-22-2015, 12:45 AM
This thread is the only reason I ever come to the BS board, I hate that its over here. I forget about it and check back to see that I've missed so much!

I guess I'll keep reporting on Newcastle, who's still an absolute train wreck. Through 6 games they've gotten 2 points and have only managed to score 3 goals. They signed Mitrovic, a 21 year old Serb supposedly with a lot of upside, who proceeded to get yellow cards within the first five minutes of his first two matches then got sent off on two yellows within the first 20 minutes of the Arsenal match and picked up a 3 game suspension. The team severely lacks any skill or originality when on the attack, which is evident by the fact that the best attacker on the team right now is a left back. To go along with this, their message boards are saying they have 2 or 3 key players that feel they are too good to be at Newcastle, so the locker room seems to be having problems as well.

I will say that since I've started following Newcastle, one of my favorite things to do is go and read the game threads on the message board I have bookmarked. The people are hilarious and their lack of expectations due to years of inept ownership make it even better.

TheRef
09-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Leicester City had to come back again on the road to draw against Stoke. I'm about sick and tired of us having to come back from behind.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Leicester City had to come back again on the road to draw against Stoke. I'm about sick and tired of us having to come back from behind.

Be happy! It's Leicester!

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-22-2015, 02:09 PM

Leicester has been impressive, they're becoming one of my favorite teams to pull for. Plus I have Vardy on my fantasy team and he has been very solid, especially for how much he's worth. Rooney on the other hand...

DudyDawg
09-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Bit off topic, but did anyone get fifa 16 yet? Came out today. I love it

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2015, 06:50 PM
Bit off topic, but did anyone get fifa 16 yet? Came out today. I love it

Nah, still rocking '14 here. Really want to upgrade to the XBOX One and '16, though.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2015, 07:03 PM
Arsenal is a damn mess. There's plenty of talent, but not much of it where it matters. Wenger's insistence on alternating GKs is crazy. You don't sign a guy like Cech to have him play 50% of the time. And don't even get me started on the lack of strikers. If Arsenal had a couple of legit scorers up top, they'd be a real threat to win. Mourinho trolled Wenger after the derby clash, saying the talent was there to win and implying Wenger couldn't get the job done. It's getting hard to disagree. Hopefully they can add some scoring options during the January transfer window, but I'm not holding my breath. Don't know why they don't go after a young Championship striker like Jordan Rhodes - that kid can play.

Speaking of the Championship, Hull City is currently sitting in 4th with a 4-2-2 record. They're tied with Ipswich, but get the nod with a +5 goal differential. Jake Livermore returned to action today, so that's a positive. Hopefully they can keep the run going and move into the top 2 to avoid the promotion playoff.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-23-2015, 08:28 AM
Arsenal is a damn mess. There's plenty of talent, but not much of it where it matters. Wenger's insistence on alternating GKs is crazy. You don't sign a guy like Cech to have him play 50% of the time. And don't even get me started on the lack of strikers. If Arsenal had a couple of legit scorers up top, they'd be a real threat to win. Mourinho trolled Wenger after the derby clash, saying the talent was there to win and implying Wenger couldn't get the job done. It's getting hard to disagree. Hopefully they can add some scoring options during the January transfer window, but I'm not holding my breath. Don't know why they don't go after a young Championship striker like Jordan Rhodes - that kid can play.

The amount of money Wenger sat on and simply didn't spend in the transfer window was absurd. Especially with such a glaring hole in the starting lineup. Arsenal feels a lot like Texas (before things got really bad) with Wenger being Mack Brown.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Here s the latest Liverpool rumor. Who knows if there is anything to it but there sure is a lot of smoke about Rogers.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/09/im-still-expecting-monk-liverpool-fans-react-reported-carlo-ancelotti-approach/

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Newcastle was 10 minutes from getting a huge result against Chelsea this week. But a 2-2 draw is still better than what I was expected. For the first time this year it looked like Newcastle wanted to be on the field. Mitrovic might be the emotional spark plug the team needs

War Machine Dawg
09-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Arsenal got a result this weekend and Alexis Sanchez got off the mark with a hat trick. Going to be tough to stay close to the top 3 until the next transfer window, when hopefully they can add a legit striker. Sanchez getting going would be a huge boost. And of course WMD's fantasy team had him on the bench when he goes off.

Also worth noting that Mourinho slammed Wenger in the press, saying he underachieves but still keeps his job. Kinda hard to disagree. I think WWIA(M) made a good comparison between Wenger and Mack Brown. Might be time to change the voice coming from the clubhouse.

DudyDawg
09-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Another pathetic day for the BPL in Europe today

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2015, 06:28 PM
Liverpool finally got a win. The strange thing is we are still only 5 points back despite how horrible the start has been. Norwich got another priceless point although given how late the equalizer was from the Hammers I'm a bit disappointed in the result.

TheRef
09-30-2015, 08:48 AM
Even though Leicester City lost 5-2, Jamie Vardy became the leading goal scorer in the BPL as he scored both goals for the Foxes.

MaxedOutMaroon
10-03-2015, 11:48 PM
Southampton beating Chelsea helped that Dawg loss

TheRef
10-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Leicester City made a heart attack out of their 2-1 win over Norwich. With 2-0 lead from Vardy and Schlupp, the Foxes seemed to pull the "play not to lose" card and almost gave it away. Norwich is a tough team....reminds me of Leicester from last year in many ways.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Brenden Rogers was sacked after the Everton game. I can't say I didn't see that coming. The team has just looked tactically lost ever since Suarez left. He had a year and 2 months to find something and it just seemed to get worse.

Norwich made Leicester sweat but not enough.

TheRef
10-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Brenden Rogers was sacked after the Everton game. I can't say I didn't see that coming. The team has just looked tactically lost ever since Suarez left. He had a year and 2 months to find something and it just seemed to get worse.

Agreed....I was very frustrated that game

DudyDawg
10-04-2015, 11:31 PM

Klopp? Portos coach? KENNY DALGLISH!!!!**
Who ya hoping for

Liverpooldawg
10-05-2015, 01:33 PM
It looks like it's going to be Klopp. That's what all the blogs are saying. I don't know who I'm hoping for really. I just want to see a team that looks like it has a firm idea about what it's trying to do. That includes transfers. The tactics on the pitch look aimless and without conviction from the players. somenof the transfers have been head scratchers. It's not like you could look at any of them really and say that's a bad player before they arrived. It's just that many of them didn't seem to fit a need or to be better than what was already there. I think that was partially a result of the transfer committee stuff but Rogers can't escape all the blame there either. I'll say this for Rogers, the statement he issued today was pure class. Here is a link.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/10/brendan-rodgers-statement-i-am-incredibly-disappointed-to-be-leaving-liverpool-football-club/

Liverpooldawg
10-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Speaking of managers, the Special One got the dreaded vote of confidence/statement of support today. Given Abromobich's track record they may be in the market in the next couple of weeks. Liverpool better hurry up and get their business done.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/34446165

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Speaking of managers, the Special One got the dreaded vote of confidence/statement of support today. Given Abromobich's track record they may be in the market in the next couple of weeks. Liverpool better hurry up and get their business done.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/34446165

I hate Mourinho, but I can't decide if I want him canned or not. It's kinda fun having a team to hate.

War Machine Dawg
10-07-2015, 12:05 AM
Finally got around to watching Arsenal's game with Man U. Well, the first half, because it was over at the break. Alexis Sanchez got a brace and Mesut Ozil scored to put the Gunners ahead 3-0. The match ended in a 3-0 Gunner victory and moved Arsenal into second ahead of Man U on goal differential. Arsenal and Man U are both just 2 points back of league leading Man City. Hoping like hell they can keep it close then add a true striker in January. That would make for a helluva fun second half.

TheRef
10-07-2015, 08:38 AM
Finally got around to watching Arsenal's game with Man U. Well, the first half, because it was over at the break. Alexis Sanchez got a brace and Mesut Ozil scored to put the Gunners ahead 3-0. The match ended in a 3-0 Gunner victory and moved Arsenal into second ahead of Man U on goal differential. Arsenal and Man U are both just 2 points back of league leading Man City. Hoping like hell they can keep it close then add a true striker in January. That would make for a helluva fun second half.

Careful now...the Foxes are lurking not too far behind. We're sitting at 5th only -2 GD behind Crystal Palace for that 4th spot. And lookie there, Crystal Palace visits King Power Stadium this Saturday.

DudyDawg
10-07-2015, 09:05 AM

Really wish Real didn't sell Mesut. He was my favorite player there. He's so beautiful on the ball. He got so much flack when he first got to the BPL for appearing to not care, but that's just how he is. Then all of a sudden he led the league in creating chances and is dominating again this year creating.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Klopp is on Merseyside today. Hopefully it's a done deal by tomorrow at the latest.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Done deal. Press conference at 10am UK time tomorrow. I'm happy with it!

DudyDawg
10-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Looks like he is going to lose Coutinho in January.

His first order of business is get rid of that horrid 5 at the back formation.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2015, 03:30 PM
The Coutinho rumor has been debunked by a guy at The Echo that almost always knows what he is talking about.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Official confirmation on the Klopp hire.
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/195412-liverpool-fc-confirm-jrgen-klopp-appointment

DudyDawg
10-08-2015, 08:03 PM
The Coutinho rumor has been debunked by a guy at The Echo that almost always knows what he is talking about.

For now. But I could see it changing again. What barca wants barca usually gets

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2015, 08:48 PM
That's what the guy said, that there was no interest from Barca.

Liverpooldawg
10-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Klopp in his first press conference: "I'm the Normal One." I don't know if he will win at Anfield or not but he won the press conference big time with that remark. It will make him an instant hit with the supporters.

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 05:35 PM
@liverpool what did you think. Watched the second half in bed hungover as hell and I'm damn surprised I didn't fall back asleep. Klopp is definitely an upgrade but the personnel I'm not sure about. Who will create and finish if you don't have sturridge? Not sure Benteke fits well even tho he's a stud. And where's firmino? Haven't really watched him since his move, is he just not playing well? I think you'll need a few transfer windows before anything truly changes.

Tho, to be fair as a madrid fan, I would probably trade Klopp for Rafa, so I think you're in good hands.

Liverpooldawg
10-18-2015, 04:07 PM
I saw a small part of it before I left for Starkville. The attacking choices were really limited due to injury. It's hard to fairly judge that. What I did like was they looked like a team with an idea about what they were trying to do for the first time this year. The defense is WAY better even though there were really only 3 training days under the new regime. The team as a whole ran their socks off. THAT was a big improvement. A draw at in form Spurs was a pretty good result given where we had been. It's very early days but I was pleased. I'm more than a little mad that this wasn't done in the summer so it would have been Klopp and not Rogers on the transfers. With the schedule we drew to start the season the odds of Rogers surviving were all most nil, and everybody knew it.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2015, 03:58 PM
I got to watch the 2nd half of the Ruben Kazan game. Liverpool still don't have it at all in the final third without Sturridge. Playing against 10 they basically got long distance shots and half chances. The creativity isn't there and when it is the finishing is just woeful.

War Machine Dawg
10-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Gotta say, Arsenal is looking pretty good right now. Beat Watford and Bayern Munich this week. Olivier Giroud got goals off the bench and Theo Walcott has gotten a few goals lately. It also helps that Alexis is finally going. But of course, as soon as he rounds into form, Wenger is talking about sitting him for rest. And Ramsey is out for a bit with a hammy. Still want to see them go all in on a striker during the January window, though. And they could probably use a couple of depth pieces.

Also, I really like Watford, Bournemouth, and Norwich City. They're all young and damn good. Hope like hell they can avoid relegation. If they stay up and Hull comes back up, I might have 4 small teams to follow. They're all fun to watch.

DanglyGiant
10-22-2015, 11:47 PM
It'll be tough, but perhaps not impossible, for Bournemouth to overcome that injury bug. Norwich and Watford may have a fighting chance to stay up though. Sunderland and Villa have been putrid so far.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 01:45 PM
I see where the Chelski Youth Team beat Chelski 2-1. The Special One got sent off too. I was watching Norwich lose to West Brom. I wish I had watched the Hammers.

TheRef
10-25-2015, 07:20 PM
I can get used to seeing this....GO FOXES. Oh...and Jamie Vardy leads the Premiership with 10 goals thus far.

https://i.gyazo.com/439041c5d9dea4aec782f7fcf9a5d430.png

DudyDawg
10-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Pretty boring EPL weekend.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-27-2015, 11:29 AM
It'll be tough, but perhaps not impossible, for Bournemouth to overcome that injury bug. Norwich and Watford may have a fighting chance to stay up though. Sunderland and Villa and Newcastle have been putrid so far.

Fixed

War Machine Dawg
10-27-2015, 10:17 PM
Got around to watching the Arsenal-Everton match I DVR'd. Arsenal continues to play well. Giroud drew the start to rest Walcott and got another goal. Arsenal drained a beautiful free kick chance, but the Everton back line screwed Howard. He got caught in between because they were playing too deep. It was defense the rest of the way. It's nice to be nipping at Man City's heels for 1st after the dreadful start.

Going to be interesting to see if Wenger actually spends some cash in January for a legit striker. Walcott has played well, Giroud has been good off the bench, and Welbeck should be back sometime around the first of the year. Wenger seems to be the type that'll give the current group every chance instead of being ruthless and adding a piece. Wouldn't mind seeing them add a couple of new depth pieces, either.

I had the Manchester Derby DVR'd but I had a buddy save me from the misery of watching it. He told me to delete it because there were only two shots all game.

In other news, Hull City continues to be a good Championship side. They're currently sitting 2nd on the table with 7-4-2 record and 25 points. Brighton & Hove Albion is first with 29 points. Burnley is 3rd with 25 points, behind Hull on goal differential. Middlesbrough, Derby County, and Birmingham City round out the Championship top 6 with 24 points each. QPR is 10th, for those who followed them last season. Dudy, it'd be cool to see your Foxes bounce right back up to the Premiership. Kinda rooting for Birmingham City to be the 3rd team to earn promotion, although a tiny club like Derby County would be cool to see earn promotion.

TheRef
10-28-2015, 09:05 AM
Hey WMD, y'all beat Leicester City in PKs in Round 4 of the Capital One Cup. Congrats on your (5)1-1(4) victory

War Machine Dawg
10-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Hey WMD, y'all beat Leicester City in PKs in Round 4 of the Capital One Cup. Congrats on your (5)1-1(4) victory

Yeah, I noticed that. Hull is pretty solid. Who knows, maybe they can make a little noise. I'm actually surprised y'all didn't win, though. You've got the better GK. To me, that was Hull's biggest weakness last year, even with all the injuries. If they come back up, they really need to make a move to upgrade that situation if they want to stay up.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-28-2015, 04:29 PM
Sheffield Wednesday continues to lay waste to the Premier League with their 3-0 win over Arsenal. That's two victims now, Newcastle being the other. Is it time to recognize them as the Premier League overlords yet?**

TheRef
10-28-2015, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I noticed that. Hull is pretty solid. Who knows, maybe they can make a little noise. I'm actually surprised y'all didn't win, though. You've got the better GK. To me, that was Hull's biggest weakness last year, even with all the injuries. If they come back up, they really need to make a move to upgrade that situation if they want to stay up.

Kasper hasn't really been on his best game lately. Doesn't help that we don't have the best back line either on the wings.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2015, 09:46 AM
YOU'RE GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING!

Loved that chant from the traveling Kop. It would be absolutely delightful if we put the the final nail in the coffin!

The Special One 1 The Normal One 3

TheRef
11-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Leicester City surpassing expectations YET AGAIN with a 3-2 victory to claim the 3rd spot in the table. Of course, the goal with Ranieri is to reach the 40 point mark in the season (usually the mark for being safe from relegation). But I can't help but get wooly when our leading goal scorer has 11 goals this season thus far, which leads the Premiership.

War Machine Dawg
11-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Another week, another win for Arsenal. The Gunners defeated Swansea 3-0 to remain 2nd overall with 25 points, behind only Man City on goal differential. Next up is Tottenham on Saturday.

In Championship news, Hull City defeated Brentford 2-0 today. The win saw them take over the top spot on the table.

TheRef
11-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Another week, another win for Arsenal. The Gunners defeated Swansea 3-0 to remain 2nd overall with 25 points, behind only Man City on goal differential. Next up is Tottenham on Saturday.

In Championship news, Hull City defeated Brentford 2-0 today. The win saw them take over the top spot on the table.

You're so ready for Hull to be back in the Premiership aren't you, WMD

War Machine Dawg
11-04-2015, 10:24 AM
You're so ready for Hull to be back in the Premiership aren't you, WMD

It would be fun. I still follow their FB page and get ESPNFC alerts, so that's how I'm keeping up with them. Definitely enjoy following Arsenal, though. Just hope Wenger gets off his ass during the next transfer window and makes some moves to improve the team, particularly at striker.

TheRef
11-04-2015, 09:34 PM
It would be fun. I still follow their FB page and get ESPNFC alerts, so that's how I'm keeping up with them. Definitely enjoy following Arsenal, though. Just hope Wenger gets off his ass during the next transfer window and makes some moves to improve the team, particularly at striker.

Just don't touch Jamie Vardy or Mahrez......they're MINE

mstatefan91
11-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Liverpool coming. Hide yo kids and hide yo wife

Liverpooldawg
11-06-2015, 01:18 PM
We still have a long way to go but I'm liking what I'm starting to see from Klopp's Reds. We still lack firepower up front but there is a work ethic and a toughness that had gone missing under Rogers. I'm optimistic for the first time since Stevie G's fall against Chelski.

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2015, 11:55 AM
It was a big win today for my other club, Norwich. Three vital points in the bag.

Liverpooldawg
11-08-2015, 12:57 AM
Stoke 1 Chelski 0. I think the Special One is about done. He may be walking the plank on the Eclipse as we speak.

Liverpooldawg
11-08-2015, 01:25 PM
As a fan of the English game I like Crystal Palace. They have some of the best supporters in England. As a Liverpool supporter: #$%^ bogey team. Liverpool 1 Palace 2

TheRef
11-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Jamie Vardy with his 9th consecutive Premier League match with a goal. Vardy, without a doubt, is the best striker in the Premiership right now.

DudyDawg
11-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Check out Forza football app. It will give you game updates for whatever teams you want, as well as lineups and formation graphics and stats before games, and stats during. Does it for any major leagues. Great app.

DanglyGiant
11-16-2015, 04:18 PM
In other news, I got my official membership over the weekend! My wife and I are going to the match vs. Aston Villa in a couple of weeks.

http://i.imgur.com/1WVOaI7.jpg?1

DudyDawg
11-18-2015, 11:52 AM
El Clasico this weekend. Real madrid v Barcelona. No Messi. Although the real madrid injury problems are even worse. It's on Bein sport on Saturday. Tune in to see the two best teams in the world. I'll be screaming at my tv. It'll be a nice warmup for the arky game.

War Machine Dawg
11-18-2015, 12:10 PM
El Clasico this weekend. Real madrid v Barcelona. No Messi. Although the real madrid injury problems are even worse. It's on Bein sport on Saturday. Tune in to see the two best teams in the world. I'll be screaming at my tv. It'll be a nice warmup for the arky game.

You sure Messi won't play? I've gotten several updates to the contrary this week. In fact, got one this morning saying Adidas - his boot sponsor - thinks he'll play. Wish I got Bein, I'd definitely watch. Same reason I didn't see the USMNT WC Qualifier last night.

DudyDawg
11-18-2015, 02:41 PM
You sure Messi won't play? I've gotten several updates to the contrary this week. In fact, got one this morning saying Adidas - his boot sponsor - thinks he'll play. Wish I got Bein, I'd definitely watch. Same reason I didn't see the USMNT WC Qualifier last night.

Not sure. We will see. That's just the official word. Wouldn't surprise me at all for that to change come match day. They'll keep it close to the vest either way to make us prepare for both.

BrunswickDawg
11-22-2015, 10:51 PM
Wait one gotdamnd minute. Ref - why are you not plastering this board with "Leicester Rules The World" posts??? How in the bloody hell did they take the lead in the league table?

TheRef
11-23-2015, 12:33 AM
Wait one gotdamnd minute. Ref - why are you not plastering this board with "Leicester Rules The World" posts??? How in the bloody hell did they take the lead in the league table?

Three words, Brunswick.

JAMIE

****ING

VARDY

Edited to add:

SUCK IT, MAN U. I HOPE WE CURB STOMP YOU THIS WEEKEND AT KING POWER STADIUM

https://i.gyazo.com/5869dee9942d313d59a7752f4104b5be.png

DudyDawg
11-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Don't you mean Hames Vardy***

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2015, 07:36 PM
34 had banned me for a while (probably not the for the last time either, but that's another story) so I couldn't read this board. I can't believe that Ref hadn't posted about a 100 times on Leicester City going top. To say that doesn't happen very often is a massive understatement. Klopp is doing some work at Anfield. If we can ever turn the corner on injuries we might just sneak into the Top 4 before it's over. Norwich got a massive point today. ANY point is a massive one for Norwich but taking one off Arsenal was unexpected to say the least.

TheRef
12-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Like Claudio Ranieri, I'm waiting for that magical 40 before I say anything too much. But it's amazing to still see Leicester City in the top 3. While we tied with Manchester United in King Power 1-1, Jamie Vardy broke the Premier League record for most consecutive matches with a goal. Vardy has now scored in 11 straight matches. So needless to say the Foxes have the hottest offense in the league and is in top form. So y'all go ahead and hop on the Foxes train. No stopping until Champions League.

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2015, 11:18 PM
As soon as I start following Arsenal, they become an injury ward. Walcott, Wilshere, Alexis, Coquelin, Welbeck, Flamini all hurt. Mertesacker missed some time earlier in the season. Need to get some guys healthy if we want to threaten the mighty Leicester City.

In other news, lots of rumors starting to fly about who Arsenal might add in the January transfer window. Looks like we're after a couple of young kids in La Liga, among others. One plays for Porto, don't remember who the other plays for. Also some rumors we're willing to offer ?600K/week to Messi. Don't see it happening, but who really knows. If I were going for pipe dreams, I think I'd want Neymar. More years left in his prime than Messi. I really don't expect any big moves with Wenger being such a tightwad.

Also worth noting, Hull dropped a decision to Derby County 4-0 in the Championship on Friday. They now sit at 4th on the Championship table after peaking at 1 earlier.

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Add Santi Cazorla to the injury list. Looks like he could be out 3 months. FML, every EPL team I try to follow becomes a M*A*S*H unit.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 in the League Cup quarters, 2 from Sturrige on his first start back and a hat trick from Orgi. The budding Liverpool legend of Klopp got a big boost with a quote from his press conference prior to the game. When asked about his start at Liverpool he said, "....... I can't forget this 17ing loss to Crystal Palace." AWESOME!

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 in the League Cup quarters, 2 from Sturrige on his first start back and a hat trick from Orgi. The budding Liverpool legend of Klopp got a big boost with a quote from his press conference prior to the game. When asked about his start at Liverpool he said, "....... I can't forget this 17ing loss to Crystal Palace." AWESOME!

Klopp has made a huge difference in the squad. I really thing with the addition of Sturdg they are poised to make a run. The energy they have has done a complete 180. It has been fun to watch.

DanglyGiant
12-05-2015, 01:04 AM
Off to Southampton today to watch them take on Aston Villa! Hopefully this match will be the ticket to a return to good form.

TheRef
12-05-2015, 12:12 PM
League Table Update: LEICESTER CITY RULE THE WORLD YET AGAIN. In other news, Jamie Vardy's goal streak ends at 11 matches, a Premier League Record. Riyad Mahrez scored a hat trick today to bring him to 10 total goals on the season, trailing Vardy's 14 total goals. Next up, the Foxes will host Chelsea in King Power Stadium. Claudio Ranieri gets to see his old club, and hopefully defeat the Blues.

https://i.gyazo.com/643108ae409317b6373d5635d3a27c95.png

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2015, 12:24 PM
That's more like it!

TheRef
12-05-2015, 12:39 PM
That's more like it!

Seriously, though. Leicester is in top form right now. Only one loss on the season, and we are absolutely rolling right now. Two straight 3-0 victories.

War Machine Dawg
12-05-2015, 01:53 PM
And Arsenal just behind our Supreme Fox Overlords after a huge win against Sunderland. Olivier Giroud nearly screwed the Gunners with an own goal off a free kick to draw Sunderland level late in the first half. But Giroud found redemption in the second half, scoring the go-ahead goal on a sweet header. Injury depleted and missing key pieces Cazorla, Coquelin, and Alexis today marked the returns of Koscielny and Walcott to action.

Nice to see DeAndre Yedlin on the pitch and playing well for Sunderland. The Gunners will travel to Villa Park in Birmingham to face Aston Villa.

War Machine Dawg
12-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Bournemouth defeats Chelsea 1-0!!!! Massive, massive win for those guys.

TheRef
12-05-2015, 07:14 PM
And Arsenal just behind our Supreme Fox Overlords after a huge win against Sunderland. Olivier Giroud nearly screwed the Gunners with an own goal off a free kick to draw Sunderland level late in the first half. But Giroud found redemption in the second half, scoring the go-ahead goal on a sweet header. Injury depleted and missing key pieces Cazorla, Coquelin, and Alexis today marked the returns of Koscielny and Walcott to action.

Nice to see DeAndre Yedlin on the pitch and playing well for Sunderland. The Gunners will travel to Villa Park in Birmingham to face Aston Villa.

BOW DOWN BEFORE YOUR NEW KINGS IN KING POWER STADIUM....even though Arsenal is the only squad to defeat us.

BrunswickDawg
12-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Bournemouth defeats Chelsea 1-0!!!! Massive, massive win for those guys.

I really hope Bournemouth can stay above relegation. They are such a cool story, going from League 2 and the verge of being liquidated in 2008 to the Premiership in 2015.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2015, 12:32 PM
I didn't get to watch the Liverpool game but from everything I have read it was a truly rotten performance. Norwich also stank it up, even by their standards. You had to hope they would get at least a point out of that game against fellow promoted side Watford even if it was on the road.

War Machine Dawg
12-07-2015, 02:05 PM
I didn't get to watch the Liverpool game but from everything I have read it was a truly rotten performance. Norwich also stank it up, even by their standards. You had to hope they would get at least a point out of that game against fellow promoted side Watford even if it was on the road.

I watched. And yes, it sucked.

War Machine Dawg
12-07-2015, 02:07 PM
I really hope Bournemouth can stay above relegation. They are such a cool story, going from League 2 and the verge of being liquidated in 2008 to the Premiership in 2015.

Completely agree. They gotta get some guys healthy, though. Pretty sure they lost 3 of their top players, including Callum Wilson, early in the season against Leicester. They're safe for the moment, but there's a long way to go. Watford looks like they're well on track to stay up.

War Machine Dawg
12-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Rumours flying that Cazorla is done for the season after knee surgery. The good news is Jack Wilshere might be ready to return on Boxing Day.

Now that we're less than a month until the transfer window opens, feel free to post any rumours you're seeing about your respective teams. I know Arsenal is chasing several targets. Looks like they pretty much have a deal wrapped up for Lorenzo Insigne from Napoli.

TheRef
12-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Vardy and Mahrez are currently negotiating with Leicester City on a raise/extension to keep them in the blue and white of Leicester

War Machine Dawg
12-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Vardy and Mahrez are currently negotiating with Leicester City on a raise/extension to keep them in the blue and white of Leicester

Locking those two up would be huge for your guys, Ref. Hope y'all get it done.

TheRef
12-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Locking those two up would be huge for your guys, Ref. Hope y'all get it done.

Agreed. Locking those two up is priority number one. Danny Drinkwater is priority number two. He is a HUGE support midfielder.

Liverpooldawg
12-09-2015, 12:38 PM
If Vardy keeps scoring one of the big boys will get him. If he signs a new contract that would mean the Foxes will get more money for him when it happens though.

TheRef
12-09-2015, 12:54 PM
If Vardy keeps scoring one of the big boys will get him. If he signs a new contract that would mean the Foxes will get more money for him when it happens though.

Vardy is the true underdog story. Played on a non-league team not too long ago and now he's the leading scorer in the Premiership and holds the Premier League record for consecutive scoring matches. I mean...it's a perfect movie script.

War Machine Dawg
12-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Vardy is the true underdog story. Played on a non-league team not too long ago and now he's the leading scorer in the Premiership and holds the Premier League record for consecutive scoring matches. I mean...it's a perfect movie script.

Did y'all see his reaction when he got the record breaker? Taunted the Man U fans by yelling "Mine! Mine! All ****ing mine!!!" It was awesome. Suck it, Red Devils.

TheRef
12-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Did y'all see his reaction when he got the record breaker? Taunted the Man U fans by yelling "Mine! Mine! All ****ing mine!!!" It was awesome. Suck it, Red Devils.

https://vid.me/k1C9

War Machine Dawg
12-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Arsenal beat Olimpiacos 3-0 today to advance in the Champions League for the 16th straight season. The Gunners entered the game needing to win by 2 to advance and won by 3. Olivier Giroud was the man today, collecting the hat trick.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Newcastle beat Liverpool 2-0 last week. Probably should have been a 1-1 draw, but Newcastle was due a little bit of luck. The team has mid-table talent outside of a few players, they lack chemistry though and haven't caught many breaks this season. Maybe this will be the start of a good run for the Magpies.

Also, Leicester is my #2 at the moment. Love seeing them in first place!

TheRef
12-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Newcastle beat Liverpool 2-0 last week. Probably should have been a 1-1 draw, but Newcastle was due a little bit of luck. The team has mid-table talent outside of a few players, they lack chemistry though and haven't caught many breaks this season. Maybe this will be the start of a good run for the Magpies.

I'm calling a 2-1 Leicester victory on Monday vs Chelsea. Vardy and Mahrez with a goal each.

War Machine Dawg
12-12-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm calling a 2-1 Leicester victory on Monday vs Chelsea. Vardy and Mahrez with a goal each.

Chelsea is looking like garbage.

Anyone catch Bournemouth beating Man U? I'm going to try to find a torrent of it.

TheRef
12-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Chelsea is looking like garbage.

Anyone catch Bournemouth beating Man U? I'm going to try to find a torrent of it.

Try NBC Extra.....they usually are good with showing full matches in replay format. Or...hold on...let me find the site I was given on a Leicester forum

FOUND IT http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/

DudyDawg
12-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Been banned a few weeks but I've been watching ha. Ref, sorry to say, but when clubs like Leicester have guys play like Vardy and Marhez, they lose them. May not necessarily be in January but enjoy them at the king power while you have them ha.

As for European soccer, the knockout round of the champions league is set and United blew their chance and a few other English teams got in by the skin of their teeth, but none of them really have the talent to win. But should be fun to watch the draw for the KO round this week.

DudyDawg
12-13-2015, 11:45 AM

I don't get how in the hell you blood pressure isn't sky high being a state AND Newcastle fan....

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-13-2015, 01:31 PM
I don't get how in the hell you blood pressure isn't sky high being a state AND Newcastle fan....

I make up for it by being a fan of PSG (b/c of Ibra) and Bayern Munich. It's funny because Newcastle was the only team I knew for sure I didn't want in the draft we did last season, then I got them, and now I can't not like them anymore. Being a State fan has made me a glutton for misery, so Newcastle is a perfect fit for me.

On a related note, we scored 2 goals in the last 15 to beat Tottenham at White Hart Lane. And we beat Liverpool last week. Which means I fully expect us to lose to Aston Villa 4-0 next weekend.

DudyDawg
12-13-2015, 03:45 PM
I make up for it by being a fan of PSG (b/c of Ibra) and Bayern Munich. It's funny because Newcastle was the only team I knew for sure I didn't want in the draft we did last season, then I got them, and now I can't not like them anymore. Being a State fan has made me a glutton for misery, so Newcastle is a perfect fit for me.

On a related note, we scored 2 goals in the last 15 to beat Tottenham at White Hart Lane. And we beat Liverpool last week. Which means I fully expect us to lose to Aston Villa 4-0 next weekend.

Why bayern? Genuine curiosity.

Liverpooldawg
12-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Draws for both of my teams this weekend. A good one for Norwich against the Toffees and a bad one for Liverpool with West Brom.

DudyDawg
12-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Champions League round of 16 has been drawn. Biggest are arsenal v barca and bayern v juventus. Real madrid drew roma

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2015, 01:41 PM

I work with a guy from Newcastle. The way he describes following them over the years sounds just like being a State fan. Misery loves company.

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Champions League round of 16 has been drawn. Biggest are arsenal v barca and bayern v juventus. Real madrid drew roma
Those 2 matches ought to be some entertaining football. I think The Gooners will take Barca.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-14-2015, 03:18 PM
Watching Leicester and Chelski on NBC sports now. Do Leicester fans use some kind of artificial noise maker?

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Why bayern? Genuine curiosity.

Eh, I don't have a huge reason, I'm not really a massive fan of any club, even Newcastle (although they're sadly growing on me). I've never liked Real or Barca. I view them like the Yankees, Lakers, Alabama, etc. Although I guess the same argument can be made about Bayern. But I admire the German national team, so I guess I'm biased towards the German club with a ton of German national players. I also get the impression that they personify the German people as a whole, who I view as industrious and hard-working people, which is probably a silly and untrue reason to like a soccer team, but none the less.

TheRef
12-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Watching Leicester and Chelski on NBC sports now. Do Leicester fans use some kind of artificial noise maker?

"clappers" basically they're paper fans that enhance the clapping noise.

TheRef
12-14-2015, 05:01 PM

CALL ME THE PROPHET!!!!!

ALL HAIL YOUR LEICESTER CITY OVERLORDS YET AGAIN.

First win vs Chelsea in 9 matches. First 9-game lossless streak since 1955.

Vardy gets goal #15, Mahrez gets goal #11.

Vardy has scored or assisted in a goal for 14 straight matches, a Premier League record. Vardy now holds two BPL records.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-14-2015, 05:03 PM

I've got to say, Leicester was impressive. I really hope they can hold onto Mahrez and Vardy through the January window and maybe add a quality player to try to hold onto a Champions League spot.

On another note, I'm tired of seeing massive amounts of extra time added on when the big name teams aren't winning after 90' against a lesser team. That's the third time this season I've seen Chelsea get 5' of added time and the announcers question how they could possibly add that much time. I also noticed Liverpool got 8' against West Brom this weekend and of course tied the game in the 98th minute.

TheRef
12-14-2015, 05:06 PM
I've got to say, Leicester was impressive. I really hope they can hold onto Mahrez and Vardy through the January window and maybe add a quality player to try to hold onto a Champions League spot.

On another note, I'm tired of seeing massive amounts of extra time added on when the big name teams aren't winning after 90' against a lesser team. That's the third time this season I've seen Chelsea get 5' of added time and the announcers question how they could possibly add that much time. I also noticed Liverpool got 8' against West Brom this weekend and of course tied the game in the 98th minute.

I agree. The 5' of stoppage time was absolute shit, but I'm still happy with the result.

DudyDawg
12-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Eh, I don't have a huge reason, I'm not really a massive fan of any club, even Newcastle (although they're sadly growing on me). I've never liked Real or Barca. I view them like the Yankees, Lakers, Alabama, etc. Although I guess the same argument can be made about Bayern. But I admire the German national team, so I guess I'm biased towards the German club with a ton of German national players. I also get the impression that they personify the German people as a whole, who I view as industrious and hard-working people, which is probably a silly and untrue reason to like a soccer team, but none the less.

Completely understand as an American soccer fan ha. You've got to have some reason to pick a team if you don't have any connection. I only picked Real madrid bc i saw them play a preseason friendly and loved the style (sadly we've lost some of that style). Can't hate on people cheering for big clubs overseas bc we don't have any

DudyDawg
12-14-2015, 07:04 PM
Those 2 matches ought to be some entertaining football. I think The Gooners will take Barca.

LOL not a chance. They fancy their style to be the barca of the premier league. They'll get waxed by the real one. No team in England has the class of barca/real/bayern right now. Not even close.

DudyDawg
12-14-2015, 07:05 PM

Well the Liverpool one was bc of a broken leg and about 5 minutes alone getting the guy off the field.

Liverpooldawg
12-14-2015, 08:17 PM
Well the Liverpool one was bc of a broken leg and about 5 minutes alone getting the guy off the field.

It wasn't a broken leg (not because the Baggie didn't try to break it) but it took a LONG time to get him off the pitch. They thought it was broken. I think it was probably longer than 8 minutes so the 8 in stoppage time was fully warranted.

War Machine Dawg
12-14-2015, 09:17 PM

Ref is Nostradamus! Freaking nailed it. I didn't get to watch, but got it on the DVR.

War Machine Dawg
12-14-2015, 09:20 PM
LOL not a chance. They fancy their style to be the barca of the premier league. They'll get waxed by the real one. No team in England has the class of barca/real/bayern right now. Not even close.

As someone coming around as an Arsenal fan, I agree. Barca is going to murder us. It sucks that my favorite La Liga team and Arsenal are meeting so early. I'm calling a Barca-Bayern UCL Final.

TheRef
12-14-2015, 09:27 PM
Ref is Nostradamus! Freaking nailed it. I didn't get to watch, but got it on the DVR.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/vampirediaries/images/a/ad/Bow.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130505202237

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-14-2015, 09:38 PM

It wasn't a broken leg (not because the Baggie didn't try to break it) but it took a LONG time to get him off the pitch. They thought it was broken. I think it was probably longer than 8 minutes so the 8 in stoppage time was fully warranted.

Haha this is why I wasn't originally going to include Liverpool in my complaint, I didn't watch the game and just assumed. I know for a fact Chelsea has gotten an unwarranted 5 against Newcastle earlier and Leicester today and in another game against a lower team towards the beginning of the season. So I'm standing by the rest of it.

DudyDawg
12-16-2015, 09:31 PM

Saw him down, just assumed. Was it Lovren?

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Saw him down, just assumed. Was it Lovren?

Yes, knee joint damage but not as bad as first feared. He will be out about a month. That was a nasty tackle. I can't believe there wasn't a card. The guy got the ball and it was from the front but the studs up follow through was just vicious.

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2015, 10:19 AM
The Special One was sacked this morning.

DudyDawg
12-17-2015, 10:27 AM
The Special One was sacked this morning.

Just woke up to that. Long time coming. Really curious who replaces him, but even more curious where he lands next. If I'm Inter, I go for him hard again. Just for entertainment ha.

Maybe Hazard will start playing better and Real will go through with buying him this summer.

DudyDawg
12-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Lots of games on today. Bayern up 1-0 against Hannover on FS1 60th minute. United down 1 - 0 to Norwich at half (Liverpooldawg will be happy) and chelsea up 2-0 at home against Sunderland in their first game without mourinho. EPL games on USA and NBCSN respectively

DudyDawg
12-19-2015, 11:12 AM
2-0 to Norwich. United are not very good

War Machine Dawg
12-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Make it 2-1 Norwich leading.

3-1 Leicester over Everton right now. 2 penalties on Everton were drained by Mahrez.

TheRef
12-19-2015, 12:00 PM
Leicester City defeats Everton 3-2 after a late push from the Toffees. Leicester City will be the kings of the Premier League for Christmas

Liverpooldawg
12-19-2015, 12:20 PM
ON THE BALL CITY! Norwich City 2 Manchester United 1. That's the first win at Old Trafford for the Canaries since 1989.

DudyDawg
12-19-2015, 12:47 PM
The lack of talent on United is staggering given their payroll.

Newcastle Aston Villa on NBC now, just started. Battle of the bottom

Liverpooldawg
12-20-2015, 10:34 AM
I didn't see anything but the score, thank goodness. 3-0 to Watford? Long way to go yet.

War Machine Dawg
12-20-2015, 12:44 PM
I didn't see anything but the score, thank goodness. 3-0 to Watford? Long way to go yet.

Watford is good. Of the newly promoted teams, I think they're the most certain to stay up. Bournemouth & Norwich are going to be on the bubble all season, it appears. All that said, Liverpool definitely needs a talent influx. I'd imagine Klopp will start addressing that in just over a week when the January transfer window opens. I'm assuming Liverpool has cash to spend.

War Machine Dawg
12-20-2015, 12:46 PM
In other news, Pep confirmed he's leaving Bayern at the end of the season. He's being replaced by Carlos Ancelotti, former Real Madrid manager. Going to be interesting to see where Pep lands, as he's easily the biggest manager target on the market. Lots of speculation he'll take over Man City, but Man U, Chelsea, and Arsenal are all supposedly interested or Pep has interest, as is the case with Arsenal. One thing is certain, it seems Pep will be coming to the EPL in the near future.

DudyDawg
12-21-2015, 03:26 PM
Letting Ancelotti go was such a massive mistake for real madrid. Still not over that

DudyDawg
12-23-2015, 02:35 PM
Looks like it's pretty much a done deal that Pep is going to city. United screwed the pooch on that one. With the talent city have I see them as odds on to win the premier league next year

War Machine Dawg
12-23-2015, 04:17 PM
Link, Dudy? Looking like Van Gaal is on a very short leash after this weekend.

Arsenal is looking damn good. Giroud is on fire and the return of Walcott has been a nice boost in the midfield. Even Joel Campbell is looking good. Sanchez might be back on January 10th, so not that much longer without our best player. And Jack Wilshere shouldn't be too long in returning, either.

There are some interesting names floating around as Arsenal targets for the upcoming transfer window. Dynamo Moscow striker Aleksandr Kokorin is a potential target up front, as is Lucas Moura of PSG. With all the injuries in the defensive midfield, Arsenal appears to be looking to upgrade there and are targeting Mohamed Elneny of FC Basel, Victor Wanyama of Southampton, and William Carvalho of Sporting Club as options. Elneny might be the most likely of that group to happen, as he'd be the most cost effective option.

In Championship news, Hull City lost to Rotheram United over the weekend and remain 4th on the table. Dudy, you're former club the Burnley Foxes are in 5th, just one point behind. They face each other in a Boxing Day match on Saturday. Both teams would be in the promotion playoffs if the season ended today. Middlesboro and Derby County would earn the automatic promotion as the top 2.

DudyDawg
12-24-2015, 04:50 PM
No link on me, some chatter from tweets of writers I follow.

For those targets, I'd go for Carvalho. Best replacement for Coquelin as a true midfield engine and stopper. He would give Ramsey and wilshere and the like the most freedom

War Machine Dawg
12-24-2015, 08:34 PM
No link on me, some chatter from tweets of writers I follow.

For those targets, I'd go for Carvalho. Best replacement for Coquelin as a true midfield engine and stopper. He would give Ramsey and wilshere and the like the most freedom

Supposedly Arsenal likes Carvalho the most, but the question is whether or not we're willing to pay for him during the January window. Still some smoke around a Nolito bid, too. And the new rumour emerging today is that Arsenal and Man United could be in a bidding war for Mahrez during the upcoming window.

TheRef
12-25-2015, 11:19 AM
Mahrez said on French radio that he will not leave Leicester in the January transfer window. Ranieri has echoed that sentiment. He will stay a Fox this season

DudyDawg
12-25-2015, 12:58 PM
Supposedly Arsenal likes Carvalho the most, but the question is whether or not we're willing to pay for him during the January window. Still some smoke around a Nolito bid, too. And the new rumour emerging today is that Arsenal and Man United could be in a bidding war for Mahrez during the upcoming window.

Nolito is a really good player. Really good. I think odds are they chase Carvalho for his youth. But he will cost around 25 million I would bet. They need to spend though if they want to win the league and one more piece could do it. I love transfer drama