PDA

View Full Version : Rebels...lets talk about em

FlabLoser
04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Apparently the homecoming king at Ole Miss has been officially known as "Colonel Reb". (In other news, Ole Miss students vote for a homecoming king every year). Yeah, every year they have an election for a position called Colonel Reb.

Anyway just now, about 50 years FIFTY after the civil rights revolution, they eliminated the position of Colonel Reb.

http://storify.com/HoustonBrock/colonel-reb-title-removed-from-ole-miss

They still vote for homecoming kings. Buts heretofore he won't be known as Colonel Reb. Eric Dotson would be so proud.

M.Fillmore
04-02-2013, 10:10 PM
So "Col. Reb" is a racist slur but "Ole Miss" and "Rebels" are not?

dickiedawg
04-03-2013, 07:47 AM
"Ole Miss" is probably racist, "rebels" is certainly not.

J-Dawg
04-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Any dude who takes the time to vote for another dude in an election like that probably has a limp wrist.

BeastMan
04-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Any dude who takes the time to vote for another dude in an election like that probably has a limp wrist.

No doubt

Coach34
04-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Apparently the homecoming king at Ole Miss has been officially known as "Colonel Reb". (In other news, Ole Miss students vote for a homecoming king every year). Yeah, every year they have an election for a position called Colonel Reb.

Anyway just now, about 50 years FIFTY after the civil rights revolution, they eliminated the position of Colonel Reb.

They still vote for homecoming kings. Buts heretofore he won't be known as Colonel Reb. Eric Dotson would be so proud.

They have just been protecting Southern history- because if you say it's Southern history- it's not racism

ComradeDawg
04-03-2013, 10:21 AM
No, let's NOT talk about them. I don't give a shit if they still hang blacks and segregate classes, **** 'em all.

If you're a bear, I don't give a damn if your a racist bear or a liberal pinko democrat bear, you suck ass and i dont want anything to do with you/them.

Coach34
04-03-2013, 10:25 AM
No, let's NOT talk about them. I don't give a shit if they still hang blacks and segregate classes, **** 'em all.

If you're a bear, I don't give a damn if your a racist bear or a liberal pinko democrat bear, you suck ass and i dont want anything to do with you/them.

in thread question:

ComradeDawg is which Bear alter?

ComradeDawg
04-03-2013, 10:30 AM
What?

FlabLoser
04-03-2013, 10:53 AM
I think C34 was just joking.

ComradeDawg
04-03-2013, 12:19 PM
I think C34 was just joking.

Good, cause I have always liked him, but those are fighting words.

FlabLoser
04-03-2013, 12:53 PM
In other news, the Ole Miss Rebels refer to their homecoming queen as "Miss Ole Miss". I suppose "Homecoming Queen" would have been too inexclusive. At least "Miss Ole Miss" is better than them trying to hijack "Miss Mississippi".

Personally, I think they should have stuck with the old south traditional name for the lady of the plantation, and the origin of their own namesake - "Ole Miss". But a "Vote for Ole Miss" campaign to encourage homecoming participation may have sounded too funny.