PDA

View Full Version : Tunsil and step dad agree to drop charges against each other

mstatefan91
07-31-2015, 04:01 PM
Looks like the criminal side of the story will come to a close Monday.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/07/31/tunsil-stepfather-sign-dismissal-forms/30951673/

msstate7
07-31-2015, 04:09 PM
It's over... all over IMO

ShotgunDawg
07-31-2015, 04:20 PM
Again, the legal side has nothing to do with this. Maybe it's possible that Miller realized that he had no chance in court & didn't want to pay the fees.

He's already spoke to the NCAA, so I would imagine they are investigating.

Again.... the legal side has NOTHING to do with this. Not sure why fans continue to get this confused.

mstatefan91
07-31-2015, 04:22 PM
Not confused. Just posting the latest.

drummerdawg
07-31-2015, 04:25 PM
Om fans are feeling pretty invincible right now. At least the ones I know.

msstate7
07-31-2015, 04:27 PM
Again, the legal side has nothing to do with this. Maybe it's possible that Miller realized that he had no chance in court & didn't want to pay the fees.

He's already spoke to the NCAA, so I would imagine they are investigating.

Again.... the legal side has NOTHING to do with this. Not sure why fans continue to get this confused.

If stepdad is dropping charges, wouldn't surprise me if he's recanting story to NCAA too. Most likely stepdad has been handsomely rewarded to go back and remember things differently.

TopWaterDog
07-31-2015, 04:32 PM
Probably got bribed. "Hey man you lost your gravy train. He's gonna make so much money anyway so you may as well make some too. Here's 10,000 and a tri delt for 1 hour to drop this whole thing"

MadDawg
07-31-2015, 04:34 PM
If stepdad is dropping charges, wouldn't surprise me if he's recanting story to NCAA too. Most likely stepdad has been handsomely rewarded to go back and remember things differently.

My thoughts exactly. And hell, why wouldn't you feel invincible if you are a bearshark fan? There is apparently no end to the amount of stuff you can get away with in oxford. All in.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-31-2015, 04:34 PM
The criminal charges had no choice but to be dropped they both had charges.. Better for both to drop instead of both getting charges in their name.. That part has nothing to do with taking a payoff.. Not saying he didn't get paid but this is a no brainer for both sides

msstate7
07-31-2015, 04:35 PM
Probably got bribed. "Hey man you lost your gravy train. He's gonna make so much money anyway so you may as well make some too. Here's 10,000 and my wife for 1 hour to drop this whole thing"

FIFY

Saltydog
07-31-2015, 04:36 PM
$10K........This stinks to high heaven and eventhough I agree the criminal case has zero to do with the NCAA it wreaks to high heaven. Wouldn't surprise me one if Miller develops a case of "convenient amnesia".

Dawgface
07-31-2015, 04:36 PM
My thoughts exactly. And hell, why wouldn't you feel invincible if you are a bearshark fan? There is apparently no end to the amount of stuff you can get away with in oxford. All in.

This. I too feel they are invincible and I hate them.

AROB44
07-31-2015, 04:37 PM
In the words of Gomer Pile........Surprise ..Surprise .. Surprise !!!

chef dixon
07-31-2015, 04:42 PM
This entire story has already been gone for a couple weeks now. Fairly obvious to see.

dawg27
07-31-2015, 04:56 PM
I mean seriously what do u got to do to get in trouble with the ncaa. Have u just got to walk up to them and say i cheated and here is what i did.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-31-2015, 04:59 PM
You guys do get the difference between the criminal side & the NCAA side right? Not saying they're about to get hammered or anything but this has 0 to do with the NCAA. Never had anything to do with the NCAA.

dawg27
07-31-2015, 05:04 PM
b
You guys do get the difference between the criminal side & the NCAA side right? Not saying they're about to get hammered or anything but this has 0 to do with the NCAA. Never had anything to do with the NCAA.
You write on that but i dont care if any of them gets in trouble on the criminal side. They just always seem to get away with it. What does it take to get in trouble

Ifyouonlyknew
07-31-2015, 05:06 PM
b
You write on that but i dont care if any of them gets in trouble on the criminal side. They just always seem to get away with it. What does it take to get in trouble

It's a misdemeanor. This was never a big deal.

Goldendawg
07-31-2015, 05:11 PM
Charges also dropped against Jennings and his crew in Baton Rouge. All seems to be well unless you get a good deal on a car in Memphis and you lose half of your eligibility. UM has supposedly been under investigation for two years and says it's on the men's track and women's BB programs. I guess time will tell if the NCAA has any guts or investigative skills left. Someone should be ashamed of Redmon's loss. BTW, can we not appeal to get our victories on the field back over the Larry Gillard and Richard Blakemore issues. I've heard not so much over the discount on clothes but more that we got a restraining order from a Ms court during the time and played them anyway. The only thing we were really guilty of was "forgetting our place" and starting to beat the "big boys".

Dawgowar
07-31-2015, 05:45 PM
I always remain cynical about this type of thing ever harming TSUN or Auburn. We all have gifts in life and those two institutions have been given superhuman abilities to be obnoxious douchbags and cheat without remorse or trying to hide it without getting caught.

That said, truly if something is going to happen, even a wrist slap, I want it to come right at the end of the season. Let them try and keep the wolves at bay while closing this year's deals. Their "penalty" will be living with the effects of the rumor machines on the trail. We endured that for two years before our probation. Hope they enjoy the process.

BullDog
07-31-2015, 06:04 PM
PAID. Step dad is all american too, 5 star.

Liverpooldawg
07-31-2015, 08:07 PM
The legal side of this was never going to amount to anything. You all should have known that from the beginning. It will be a while before we know anything about the NCAA side. Some of you seem to expect them to move fast. They never do that.

dawgoneyall
07-31-2015, 08:23 PM
Just the legal aspect. The lack of instutional control continues......

Dawgowar
07-31-2015, 08:35 PM
The legal side of this was never going to amount to anything. You all should have known that from the beginning. It will be a while before we know anything about the NCAA side. Some of you seem to expect them to move fast. They never do that.

Sometime between the SECCG and Signing Day I would like to see another two or three turns of the screw. A letter, (real one, not troll), another incident of the NCAA interviewing confirmed, anything to draw blood. Anything that makes them realize they cannot control what is happening to them.

If any Dog remembers that sickening feeling year two of Croom, when we could not escape what the depth that our destruction had become. My gut ached that our piddly little shit would never had amounted to jack had they not been able to accuse Jackie of the outlandish while offering him up as Number 1 on the NCAA most wanted. Brilliant strategy for the times. I want them to have the pleasure of that feeling. Sitting in the Grove knowing it isn't going to get better for three or four years no matter the coach or how with much 'heart and integrity' your inferior athletes play. Hoping your QB, the one with JUCO accuracy, might survive just enough to get you five wins if Vandy sucks.

Yeah, letting it play out, despite my cynicism, is fine. Shit the rumor mongering phase will make them whacko. The 'net was just getting rolling when we went through this.

sandwolf
07-31-2015, 08:51 PM
I always remain cynical about this type of thing ever harming TSUN or Auburn. We all have gifts in life and those two institutions have been given superhuman abilities to be obnoxious douchbags and cheat without remorse or trying to hide it without getting caught.

Haha, this is dead on.

Maroonthirteen
08-01-2015, 07:41 AM
There is and always has been an ongoing cold war. They are always on the offensive. We are always on the defensive.

TrapGame
08-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Miller can't take it back if he's talked to the NCAA. That just screams payoff. The NCAA will take what he said as unverified information and try to verify it from there. I mean a guy can't tell you where the bodies are buried and then say he's just making it up, don't dig there. The NCAA will start digging anyway.

Coach34
08-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Miller can't take it back if he's talked to the NCAA. That just screams payoff. The NCAA will take what he said as unverified information and try to verify it from there. I mean a guy can't tell you where the bodies are buried and then say he's just making it up, don't dig there. The NCAA will start digging anyway.

THIS

The criminal shit was never going to be anything. Hell, simple assault is just a misdemeanor and fine

mic
08-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Not saying anything does or doesn't happen
But the NCAA moved on this much faster than they did on the USC situation and they got hit rather hard in the end..

bgover4
08-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Where this works in UNMs favor is that no charges, no trial, no evidence, no testimony.... that is the best way the ncaa might have gotten it's info.

TrapGame
08-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Where this works in UNMs favor is that no charges, no trial, no evidence, no testimony.... that is the best way the ncaa might have gotten it's info.

The assault is separate from the NCAA interview.