PDA

View Full Version : How many dog fans do you think will be in Hattiesburg?

IMissJack
07-31-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm sure USM will try to buy up as many tickets as possible to limit the MSU attendance.

ShotgunDawg
07-31-2015, 02:00 PM
MM Roberts Stadium seats 36,000 people, so it stands to reason that there will be 35,990 MSU fans in attendance

HancockCountyDog
07-31-2015, 02:02 PM
We will have 20-25K there, easy;

BrunswickDawg
07-31-2015, 02:09 PM
MM Roberts Stadium seats 36,000 people, so it stands to reason that there will be 35,990 MSU fans in attendance
You forgot SRO - that should add another 1,000 or so.

BulldogBear
07-31-2015, 02:13 PM
I'm sure USM will try to buy up as many tickets as possible to limit the MSU attendance.

Actually plenty of season tickets left. State fans welcome to buy them. $120 upper deck. Already cheaper than stubhub. Just call their ticket office. They're desperate for sales. That's what I did months ago. $240 for two seats is a steal considering what I'm used to. A co-worker is an Golden Beagle so we bought two. Going to the MSU game together and then he's taking the two tickets for UTSA and UTEP and I'm taking the two tickets for ODU and North Texas so I can add to those two to my quest to see all FBS play in my lifetime. We play on the road both of those weekends anyway!!

Johnson85
07-31-2015, 02:29 PM
I doubt they'll really try that. They'll just be happy to have the money. Lots of USM fans with tickets will probably be inviting state fans to the game. If there are fans that are hardcore enough to want to spend money to make sure state fans don't go (and actually have the money to make a sizeable dent), I assure you that the USM AD would tell them they have much higher priorities that they could use that money for.

LC Dawg
07-31-2015, 03:37 PM
A friend of mine is a USM alumni who couldn't care less about football but his kid is a State fan and wants to go to the game. He told me when he called the ticket office last week they told him they were not selling single game tickets until right up until the game and then it will be just their fans. My friend did as BulldogBear did and bought season tickets. USM is counting on State fans buying season tickets so they can bump up their season ticket sales.

War Machine Dawg
07-31-2015, 03:47 PM

Winner!

FISHDAWG
07-31-2015, 03:47 PM
A friend of mine is a USM alumni who couldn't care less about football but his kid is a State fan and wants to go to the game. He told me when he called the ticket office last week they told him they were not selling single game tickets until right up until the game and then it will be just their fans. My friend did as BulldogBear did and bought season tickets. USM is counting on State fans buying season tickets so they can bump up their season ticket sales.

I heard on H2H that the USM folks wanting single seats were buying them through the MSU ticket office because USM was only offering season tickets to take advantage of their only BIG game .... Thanks a lot USM admin **

MSUDawg4Life
07-31-2015, 04:09 PM
I think we'll have at least 10,000. Wouldn't be surprised if half of the stadium was maroon though.

Goldendawg
07-31-2015, 05:30 PM
Still think scheduling them a waste and certainly not worth giving them home games in H'burg. With the time slot and the Hardy St High location of "The Rock", we'll probably not even cover our travel costs. Times have changed and both athletic programs with it. Remind me again whose great idea this was and when does it end on our schedule? When I was a boy, wasn't even a good idea. We played our SEC schedule and they only had to get up for us and UM, and get up they did. One yr they beat us about 50 points even though we had the Johny Cooks teams and had a really great year otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I expect a repeat of last yr's game, but I would rather play a more interesting opponent from a Power 5 conference if they would play us. Won't surprise me if its not even a hard sellout.

SapperDawg
07-31-2015, 06:15 PM
I'm taking the two tickets for ODU and North Texas so I can add to those two to my quest to see all FBS play in my lifetime.

I am curious to know how far along you are to reaching this goal.

BulldogBear
07-31-2015, 06:26 PM
I am curious to know how far along you are to reaching this goal.

50. 49 without UAB and then 50 when I added them back!!!!!

All the details are on my profile in the about me tab. Right now, it's just see everybody play. If I have enough money when I retire, I might upgrade to trying to hit each FBS stadium. Even if I can't I plan to see Dawgs play at every SEC stadium.

dawgoneyall
07-31-2015, 08:11 PM
This is why we should never play those 17ers again.

maroonmania
07-31-2015, 09:05 PM
I'll be there with 3 other Bulldogs!

Dog316
08-01-2015, 09:28 AM
I'll be there with 3 other Bulldogs!

><><><>~>~>~~>~

Surely we will have more than four fans there! This is sad.

Billy Ray Valentine
08-01-2015, 09:35 AM
><><><>~>~>~~>~

Surely we will have more than four fans there! This is sad.

If that's the case we'll have 2 more than them

maroonmania
08-01-2015, 12:45 PM
If that's the case we'll have 2 more than them

Wait, I thought they had 10 fans. If so, we just need 7 more fans at the game to outnumber them!

nsvltndog
08-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Remind me again whose great idea this was and when does it end on our schedule?

Pretty sure it was Keenum that made this series happen. Before he arrived I had personally heard Greg Byrne say when he first became AD that we would not play them. Early in Keenum's tenure the series was announced and Byrne was still AD at the time. I'm not sure dynamics behind it, but Keenum is a smart dude and knows how politics work with a lot of his career spent in Washington DC . I believe Phil Bryant, USM Alum, was Lt. Gov. at the time. You can connect the dots and it's not too big of a leap to reach a conclusion that we were getting in the future governor's good graces.

Keep in mind that at that point in time USM was still winning a lot of games. Now they are in the same lot as Alcorn and JSU such that when we need an opponent we should put all the names in a hat and pull one out. However, we should never play them in Hattiesburg again unless we get a 2 for 1 deal.

scottycameron
08-01-2015, 01:50 PM

All the details are on my profile in the about me tab. Right now, it's just see everybody play. If I have enough money when I retire, I might upgrade to trying to hit each FBS stadium. Even if I can't I plan to see Dawgs play at every SEC stadium.

Pretty awesome goal, but what's an FBS and how many of them are there?

BulldogBear
08-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Pretty awesome goal, but what's an FBS and how many of them are there?

NCAA Division 1 (F) ootball (B) owl (S) ubdivison. It's just the new official name for what we knew for years as 1-A. Includes the Power 5 Conferences, the Group of 5 Conferences, and Notre Dame, Army, and BooYoo, 129 schools total but they add one every couple of years so I fully expect to have to see about 140-150 before I'm done.

ETA: that's a heckuva run-on sentence above. Do I get points?

DanDority
08-01-2015, 02:58 PM
NCAA Division 1 (F) ootball (B) owl (S) ubdivison. It's just the new official name for what we knew for years as 1-A. Includes the Power 5 Conferences, the Group of 5 Conferences, and Notre Dame, Army, and BooYoo. 129 schools total but they add one every couple of years so I fully expect to have to see about 140-150 before I'm done.

ETA: that's a heckuva run-on sentence above. Do I get points?

I fixed it for ya

Smitdawg
08-01-2015, 03:56 PM

That is what I am currently working on, seeing a game at every FBS stadium. That's why I will go to UMass next year and count the Patriots stadium since I doubt we would ever play at their true stadium. I just decided to do this a few years ago, since I had already been to most of the SEC schools. I try to add about 4-5 new stadiums a year. This year, I made a big road trip out of it as I plan to drive over to see us play at Missouri on Thursday night, then drive up to Lincoln, Neb. to see Michigan State at Nebraska that Saturday. It is a lot of fun and I always wear my Mississippi State gear to every stadium. It never fails to start up a conversation with people around me. Most people have been very friendly to me on these trips.

BulldogBear
08-01-2015, 04:44 PM
That is what I am currently working on, seeing a game at every FBS stadium. That's why I will go to UMass next year and count the Patriots stadium since I doubt we would ever play at their true stadium. I just decided to do this a few years ago, since I had already been to most of the SEC schools. I try to add about 4-5 new stadiums a year. This year, I made a big road trip out of it as I plan to drive over to see us play at Missouri on Thursday night, then drive up to Lincoln, Neb. to see Michigan State at Nebraska that Saturday. It is a lot of fun and I always wear my Mississippi State gear to every stadium. It never fails to start up a conversation with people around me. Most people have been very friendly to me on these trips.

Same, different direction. We play Thursday so I considered several for Saturday including MSU-Neb and TCU @ Okla. St.

In the end I settled on Iowa @ Indiana. Ilimos also plays @ Purdue and Syracuse (though already on my list) @ Louisville. So if the timing works out I may can hit two in the same day. If I don't have to cancel any of my plans I might be able to add 10 new schools this season!

Next year I'm planning going to our road game at Lexington. What's really cool is that depending on when it usually is, we could end up with Stanford @ Notre Dame or Miami @ Notre Dame as pairing for the following or prior weekend!

Smitdawg
08-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Same, different direction. We play Thursday so I considered several for Saturday including MSU-Neb and TCU @ Okla. St.

In the end I settled on Iowa @ Indiana. Ilimos also plays @ Purdue and Syracuse (though already on my list) @ Louisville. So if the timing works out I may can hit two in the same day. If I don't have to cancel any of my plans I might be able to add 10 new schools this season!

Next year I'm planning going to our road game at Lexington. What's really cool is that depending on when it usually is, we could end up with Stanford @ Notre Dame or Miami @ Notre Dame as pairing for the following or prior weekend!

You might be able to pull out that 2 games. That Indiana game will probably be a 1 p.m. start and Louisville plays a lot of evening games. Plus it is just under 2 hours from Bloomington to Louisville.

Now that I live in Louisville, it is easier to get to a lot of these places since it is so centrally located. Since I have that big road trip planned as well as the Egg Bowl and the Southern Miss game, I will probably hit up a couple of MAC schools close by during weeks that MSU plays their non-conference games.

Next year I am already planning on going to BYU and UMass, so I won't be doing much beyond 2-3 hours from here the rest of the season.

SapperDawg
08-01-2015, 06:24 PM
I have a Hampton Inn room reserved for this game. If anyone wants it, PM me.

mstatefan91
08-01-2015, 06:26 PM
I was gonna go until they announced the kick off time.

BulldogBear
08-01-2015, 10:19 PM
You might be able to pull out that 2 games. That Indiana game will probably be a 1 p.m. start and Louisville plays a lot of evening games. Plus it is just under 2 hours from Bloomington to Louisville.

Now that I live in Louisville, it is easier to get to a lot of these places since it is so centrally located. Since I have that big road trip planned as well as the Egg Bowl and the Southern Miss game, I will probably hit up a couple of MAC schools close by during weeks that MSU plays their non-conference games.

Next year I am already planning on going to BYU and UMass, so I won't be doing much beyond 2-3 hours from here the rest of the season.

The Big Ten has already set kickoff for homecoming games which the Illinois @ Purdue happens to be. So, it's already set at 11am. I can only do that one as a double if the Iowa @Indiana game is later. It probably won't be, so I'm hoping for an early kickoff and a late Louisville kickoff like you mentioned. We're staying across the river in Indiana. The name of the town escapes me... something that starts with a C I think.

CadaverDawg
08-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Are they seriously just going to act like it's because USM fans are fired up for the season? The reason Season Ticket sales are going up, is bc MSU fans are buying them so they can watch one game. That stadium will look like the chair backs behind home plate at Dudy Noble at first pitch for the other home games after Sept 5th.

@RaymondEReeves: Southern Miss season ticket sales 'trending up' http://t.co/cFJ8aTp0ap via @hburgamerican

Is it not going to look awful in 2016 when their Season Tickets are down 10,000 bc they don't play MSU at home? That AD may want to cover his ass by making sure that's clear.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-02-2015, 11:22 AM

My prediction: we will have well more than 50% of attendance inside "The Pebble." Pregame, we will take over their butt assed ugly campus tailgating. During the game, we will take over every one of their chain restaurant bar/grills down Hardy Street. We will be the biggest boom to the Hattiesburg economy they have ever seen so much so that the local businesses will be petitioning their AD to play us their every other year there even though we beat the brakes off the school so many of them attended (even though they still root for LSU).