PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds saying DK Metcalf isn't Top 10 in MS.

Just This Once
07-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Over on Twitter.

Come on, Bo. If DK were committed to us, you would be talking him up as the number one guy in the state hands down. This is just pedantic and makes us look bad. At least try to be professional and not a Cowherd-lite.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-30-2015, 11:20 AM
How does this make us look bad? It makes Bo look bad. I don't associate Bo with MSU football.

preachermatt83
07-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Over on Twitter.

Come on, Bo. If DK were committed to us, you would be talking him up as the number one guy in the state hands down. This is just pedantic and makes us look bad. At least try to be professional and not a Cowherd-lite.

eyes are now squarely on you sir. Just FYI..

basedog
07-30-2015, 11:36 AM
I just find it funny how folks react to recruiting and the dirty dozen. Too many factors to know who really wins the recruiting wars before they play.

Leroy Jenkins
07-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Is DKs 4.7 forty time legit? I havent seen him play so I don't know.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-30-2015, 11:37 AM
Is DKs 4.7 forty time legit? I havent seen him play so I don't know.

DK is a low 4.6 laser timed guy. DK is a top 5 player in the class. The top 5 is pretty clear to me in whatever order you want them.

DK Metcalf
Jeffery Simmons
AJ Brown
Nigel Knott
Benito Jones

Leroy Jenkins
07-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Scout has him at 4.72, so its possibly a 4.62 and someone fat-fingered it.

maroonmania
07-30-2015, 12:02 PM

Exactly, I mean its so common that an MSU fan gets his panties in a wad over what Bo Bounds' opinion is of an OM recruit.

scottycameron
07-30-2015, 12:11 PM
This stuff just adds fuel to the fire for OM fans. Say "he's not #1" and be done with it. It's good enough to deliver a jab but also not sound ridiculous. Doing it the way he did it just leads to laughter instead of hurt feelings. Take a lesson from the Fonz, Bo. And learn the art of insults.

MSUDawg4Life
07-30-2015, 12:29 PM
What does his comment have to do with us?

MadDawg
07-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Exactly, I mean its so common that an MSU fan gets his panties in a wad over what Bo Bounds' opinion is of an OM recruit.

So, uh, do you shit in the woods?

(should be directed at original poster.....)

scottycameron
07-30-2015, 12:55 PM
So, uh, do you shit in the woods?

(should be directed at original poster.....)

using the word pendatic, whatever it means, is highly suspect as well.

scottycameron
07-30-2015, 01:01 PM
What does his comment have to do with us?

In truth, nothing. But that's not how everybody sees it. You know that.

godlluB
07-30-2015, 01:15 PM
using the word pendatic, whatever it means, is highly suspect as well.

Especially when it isn't used correctly.

Just This Once
07-30-2015, 01:46 PM
How does this make us look bad? It makes Bo look bad. I don't associate Bo with MSU football.

He's pretty obviously associated with MSU...

For what? Bringing up recruiting? It's the freaking offseason. I'd discuss the peewee scout team if it would help get me a football fix.

MSUDawg4Life
07-30-2015, 01:51 PM

How so?

It wasn't too long ago that people were accusing him of being an OM guy. The Lifestyle and all of that. How is he now associated with MSU?

Coach34
07-30-2015, 02:11 PM
banned for being a troll as well as using the word "pedantic"

MadDawg
07-30-2015, 02:12 PM

For what? Bringing up recruiting? It's the freaking offseason. I'd discuss the peewee scout team if it would help get me a football fix.

What a tool.

DancingRabbit
07-30-2015, 02:22 PM

His unhappy black MSU friends are going to be unhappy.

scottycameron
07-30-2015, 02:24 PM

Ha! I highly concur.

scottycameron
07-30-2015, 02:25 PM
His unhappy black MSU friends are going to be unhappy.

Oh geez, was that the same dude? Figures. I must be losing my edge at picking them out.

preachermatt83
07-30-2015, 02:29 PM

good!!

BeastMan
07-30-2015, 02:34 PM
DK is a low 4.6 laser timed guy. DK is a top 5 player in the class. The top 5 is pretty clear to me in whatever order you want them.

DK Metcalf
Jeffery Simmons
AJ Brown
Nigel Knott
Benito Jones

We're splitting hairs but I'd sub out Raekwon Davis for Benito. Any of the top 5 and I'd even throw Lashley in a group that could take the #1 spot with a killer senior year. To Bo's point I strongly disagree. You can't name 10 better MS prospects than DK Metcalf. No way no how.

ETA- my #1 is Simmons and it would take a lot of overtake that but any from that group of 6 I named have the potential to make a run at him.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-30-2015, 02:37 PM
We're splitting hairs but I'd sub out Raekwon Davis for Benito. Any of the top 5 and I'd even throw Lashley in a group that could take the #1 spot with a killer senior year. To Bo's point I strongly disagree. You can't name 10 better MS prospects than DK Metcalf. No way no how.

There's no way I can put Raekwon or Lashley in my top 5 today bc neither have done it on the field. Those 2 may have the highest ceilings in the class though.

BeastMan
07-30-2015, 02:45 PM
There's no way I can put Raekwon or Lashley in my top 5 today bc neither have done it on the field. Those 2 may have the highest ceilings in the class though.

I think Raekwon proved himself on the camp circuit. There was talk that he may be overvalued b/c of his Bama commitment but he shut that down this summer. I agree on Lashley and was fine with him being left off the DD for that reason. In the end I think Simmons will be the best prospect I just think those six have the tools and upside to challenge that spot should they have monster senior years and big MS/AL all-star practices. Imo Benito is a great prospect but his height combined with his rising weight keeps him in the 5 to 8 range. The only thing that keeps Cooley out of the running for number 1 is position value. You could make a strong, reasonable argument that he is the best prospect for his position out of them all.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-30-2015, 02:52 PM
I think Raekwon proved himself on the camp circuit. There was talk that he may be overvalued b/c of his Bama commitment but he shut that down this summer. I agree on Lashley and was fine with him being left off the DD for that reason. In the end I think Simmons will be the best prospect I just think those six have the tools and upside to challenge that spot should they have monster senior years and big MS/AL all-star practices. Imo Benito is a great prospect but his height combined with his rising weight keeps him in the 5 to 8 range. The only thing that keeps Cooley out of the running for number 1 is position value. You could make a strong, reasonable argument that he is the best prospect for his position out of them all.

If Raekwon takes what he did on the camp circuit to the field he could end up the #1 player in the state. He has to show he can do that. Until Benito shows he's not a dominant figure with the extra weight I can't justify dropping him out of the top 5. Simmons & AJ are the 2 top players in the state IMO. I love Cooley too he's just a football player won't wow you in camps but when the lights come on he gets it done. I do worry about his weight though he needs to hold steady at 240-245lbs or he won't be as effective.

Jack Lambert
07-30-2015, 02:53 PM

Can I have his Vcash?

fishwater99
07-30-2015, 03:03 PM
How so?

It wasn't too long ago that people were accusing him of being an OM guy. The Lifestyle and all of that. How is he now associated with MSU?

He is a state grad, correct?

MSUDawg4Life
07-30-2015, 03:06 PM
He is a state grad, correct?

I don't know where he graduated from. Is he a State grad? That's what I'm asking. How is he associated with MSU?

MadDawg
07-30-2015, 03:14 PM
I don't know where he graduated from. Is he a State grad? That's what I'm asking. How is he associated with MSU?

According to his bio he lists MSU as his college. I just can't say that I've ever heard him with a MSU bias. Maybe a Mississippi bias. He usually always talks up Bulldog and bearshark players.

scottycameron
07-30-2015, 03:15 PM

I can't tell if you're being serious or not (I don't think you are). Just go ahead and point out what you are wanting to point out. Nobody is gonna take the bait at this point. You've got me curious now, just spill it.

confucius say
07-30-2015, 03:21 PM
Oh geez, was that the same dude? Figures. I must be losing my edge at picking them out.

Yep. Same guy.

blacklistedbully
07-30-2015, 03:26 PM

Hey Coach, can I have his vcash?? Just a vulture looking to pick the bones of a dead UNM carcass.

MSUDawg4Life
07-30-2015, 03:34 PM
I can't tell if you're being serious or not (I don't think you are). Just go ahead and point out what you are wanting to point out. Nobody is gonna take the bait at this point. You've got me curious now, just spill it.

What are you talking about, dude? I don't know where Bo graduated from and I've seen people accuse him of OM bias. That's it. Plain and simple.

Stop wasting your time trying to accuse me of being an OM person. It's very easy to prove I'm as MSU as it gets.

FlabLoser
07-30-2015, 03:39 PM
We blanket post...

Bo's DK comment was sarcasm. You'd have to read the tweets to see the context.

scottycameron
07-30-2015, 03:44 PM
What are you talking about, dude? I don't know where Bo graduated from and I've seen people accuse him of OM bias. That's it. Plain and simple.

Stop wasting your time trying to accuse me of being an OM person. It's very easy to prove I'm as MSU as it gets.

Not trying to prove anything, don't know where you're even getting that from. If I thought you were a bear I'd just call it. You just appear to be on the longest trolling expedition ever with that stuff. Reel that shit in. What's your point about Bo? He's on this board, I'm sure he'd like to hear what you think you've got.

scottycameron
07-30-2015, 03:46 PM
We blanket post...

Bo's DK comment was sarcasm. You'd have to read the tweets to see the context.

Knowing bo, this makes a lot more sense now. I bet it got a ton of panties wadded up for a while tho, lol.

MSUDawg4Life
07-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Not trying to prove anything, don't know where you're even getting that from. If I thought you were a bear I'd just call it. You just appear to be on the longest trolling expedition ever with that stuff. Reel that shit in. What's your point about Bo? He's on this board, I'm sure he'd like to hear what you think you've got.

I just asked the guy how was he related to MSU, you crazy f*ck. I never said I had anything on Bo. This is probably the first time I've ever said or asked anything about Bo at all.

Where are you getting this great trolling conspiracy from? I just asked a simple question.

Look, just ignore my posts from now on. Stop trying to figure me out because you've done nothing but confuse yourself.

DancingRabbit
07-30-2015, 03:58 PM
Since Bo advertises here and especially after he had C34 on the show, the Foomers have labeled him an enemy of The Network.

DancingRabbit
07-30-2015, 04:00 PM

Yep, I called it back then.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?32490-What-was-dan-asked-about-the-flag&p=388001#post388001

Alldawg
07-30-2015, 04:04 PM

ETA- my #1 is Simmons and it would take a lot of overtake that but any from that group of 6 I named have the potential to make a run at him.

Not sure that I agree with putting either Davis or Lashley ahead of Benito at this point. One or both may have more potential as you see it, but neither has proven it on the field compared to Benito.

Dawgology
07-30-2015, 05:28 PM

On other sites folks would have come out of the wood work to support this guy and his "worry" about an UNM recruit being downplayed by local media. Anyone who questioned him on it would be attacked by the general group as a "biased state fan"....on a MSU forum. That approach has never made sense to me. When did it become cool to be fair and balanced in regard to your rival while posting on your teams forum??? Seems like it is a left over mentality of the know-your-place attitude that MSU fans used to have.

The MSU online community has needed a safe place like ED for some time. Good stuff.

dawgoneyall
07-31-2015, 02:20 PM
Still trying to figure out (literally ****) what he meant when he used the word.

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Just to rehash this thread:

I listened to Bo Bounds this morning & he kind of gave a justification for this statement & it has little to do with Metcalf.

His point wasn't that Metcalf wasn't a good player, but rather that the WR position is easier to find and players that play premium positions, like OL, DL, DE, & QB, that have similar talent levels as Metcalf, should be ranked higher than Metcalf.

To me, this line of thinking makes sense. Sometimes, when we rank players, we just rank guys by who we think is better, and not by "impact on winning games". Remember, it's about winning games!

This is a common problem that exist when ranking players across different sports. In MLB & NFL draft rooms, they usually just rank players by position, & then draft the player that makes the most sense for them.

For example: which team has a better chance to win" Team 1 - has an above average left fielder & average SS or Team 2: Has an above average SS & average left fielder. It's normally correct that you would rather have the above average SS & average left fielder, due to impact & scarcity of qualified applicants.

If you were a GM & had to draft a football team out of the state of Mississippi & your goal was to give that team the best chance of winning, in what order would you take the players?

My guess is that Simmons would go number one, Benito Jones number 2, Scott Lashley number 3, & so on. Not sure where AJ Brown & Metcalf would fall on this list, but there are talented guys that play more important positions in the state.

Anyway, just wanted to rehash this, due to new information

lachepas565
08-03-2015, 12:55 PM
Just to rehash this thread:

I listened to Bo Bounds this morning & he kind of gave a justification for this statement & it has little to do with Metcalf.

His point wasn't that Metcalf wasn't a good player, but rather that the WR position is easier to find and players that play premium positions, like OL, DL, DE, & QB, that have similar talent levels as Metcalf, should be ranked higher than Metcalf.

To me, this line of thinking makes sense. Sometimes, when we rank players, we just rank guys by who we think is better, and not by "impact on winning games". Remember, it's about winning games!

This is a common problem that exist when ranking players across different sports. In MLB & NFL draft rooms, they usually just rank players by position, & then draft the player that makes the most sense for them.

For example: which team has a better chance to win" Team 1 - has an above average left fielder & average SS or Team 2: Has an above average SS & average left fielder. It's normally correct that you would rather have the above average SS & average left fielder, due to impact & scarcity of qualified applicants.

If you were a GM & had to draft a football team out of the state of Mississippi & your goal was to give that team the best chance of winning, in what order would you take the players?

My guess is that Simmons would go number one, Benito Jones number 2, Scott Lashley number 3, & so on. Not sure where AJ Brown & Metcalf would fall on this list, but there are talented guys that play more important positions in the state.

Anyway, just wanted to rehash this, due to new information

I disagree with that line of thinking. The NFL and, to a little bit lesser degree, college football are more and more becoming passing leagues. Because of that, I think the most important positions are those that affect the passing game. I would rank the positions like this

1. QB
2. OT (Someone to keep the QB standing up)
3. DE (Someone to knock the QB down.
4. WR (Someone to make the QB effective)
5. CB (Someone to keep the QB from being effective)

I hate it when I hear people say that a WR is not important because they only touch the ball 5-8 times per game. A transcendent WR can affect the game in so many ways, even with zero catches – if they force the D to keep 2 high safeties, it opens up a lot of holes in the running game, drawing extra attention opens up the field for other WRs, no long run will happen without a decent block from a WR or they can get away without blocking the guy if he has to respect the WR and is run out of the play by the route.

I don’t have any idea if DK Metcalf or AJ Brown is that guy, but if they are, it’s not easy to find and it shouldn’t push them down any “draft board”.

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2015, 02:24 PM
I disagree with that line of thinking. The NFL and, to a little bit lesser degree, college football are more and more becoming passing leagues. Because of that, I think the most important positions are those that affect the passing game. I would rank the positions like this

1. QB
2. OT (Someone to keep the QB standing up)
3. DE (Someone to knock the QB down.
4. WR (Someone to make the QB effective)
5. CB (Someone to keep the QB from being effective)

I hate it when I hear people say that a WR is not important because they only touch the ball 5-8 times per game. A transcendent WR can affect the game in so many ways, even with zero catches – if they force the D to keep 2 high safeties, it opens up a lot of holes in the running game, drawing extra attention opens up the field for other WRs, no long run will happen without a decent block from a WR or they can get away without blocking the guy if he has to respect the WR and is run out of the play by the route.

I don’t have any idea if DK Metcalf or AJ Brown is that guy, but if they are, it’s not easy to find and it shouldn’t push them down any “draft board”.

I don't disagree with what you just said. WR is an important position, but there are more good WRs than good DE or OT. Scarcity of position also comes into play.

BiscuitEater
08-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Over on Twitter.

WHOLE timeline with his DK comment. He was talking about/to two rebel recruitniks and was trying to get their attention.

Dawgcentral
08-03-2015, 07:28 PM
All I know is the kid seems to be a great WR who hasn't seen the field yet on the D-1 level. Not sure if there's any substantial debate there.