PDA

View Full Version : Which SEC team(s) goes down Week 1? (vegas lines included)

Maroon_and_white
07-30-2015, 09:47 AM
South Carolina vs North Carolina @ Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, NC (South Carolina -3)

Louisville vs Auburn @ Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA | Broadcast - CBS (Auburn -10 1/2)

Arizona State vs Texas A&M @ NRG Stadium - Houston, TX (Texas A&M -2 1/2)

Wisconsin vs Alabama @ AT&T Stadium - Arlington, TX (Alabama -10 1/2)

Western Kentucky @ Vanderbilt (Vandy -2 1/2)

SEC teams favored across the board. All will not go into Week 2 undefeated. Who goes down? (bonus, who covers the spreads)

What's the skinny on ASU. That's a rare Pac 12 SEC match up. Dare I say watch out for Wisconsin? (at least to cover)

Leroy Jenkins
07-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Loses or doesn't cover?

CadaverDawg
07-30-2015, 09:53 AM
South Carolina vs North Carolina @ Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, NC (South Carolina -3)

Louisville vs Auburn @ Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA | Broadcast - CBS (Auburn -10 1/2)

SEC teams favored across the board. All will not go into Week 2 undefeated. Who goes down? (bonus, who covers the spreads)

What's the skinny on ASU. That's a rare Pac 12 SEC match up. Dare I say watch out for Wisconsin? (at least to cover)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if A&M, South Carolina, and Vandy all lost.
Auburn and Bama better show up to play or they could lose too, but I expect them to win.

Maroon_and_white
07-30-2015, 09:53 AM
Either or. Just general opinions on outright winners and who could cover the spreads (either way)

Leroy Jenkins
07-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Vandy and SC may lose. I don't know if AU covers the 10.5

Maroon_and_white
07-30-2015, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if A&M, South Carolina, and Vandy all lost.
Auburn and Bama better show up to play or they could lose too, but I expect them to win.

Sumlins seat would suddenly become warm if they go down week 1. Nothing like a Week 1 loss to set the tone for the season. (Okie State 2013). Remember Sumlin's records as a HC are very average without a Heisman QB and top 3 greatest statistical QB in NCAA history (Keenum). Can he mold the young talent QB into one of his masterpieces?

Jack Lambert
07-30-2015, 10:07 AM
A&M Will lose.

scottycameron
07-30-2015, 10:09 AM

Great thread! God, I love to gamble.

WKU beats Vandy STRAIGHT UP. Mason won't be there next year. Not a head coach. SEC teams all have the home field advantage (even at the neutral sites) so that limits the calls for upsets (outside of hapless Vandy). I like ASU against aTm. Gonna be a high scoring entertaining down to the wire game, I at least like the points in that toss up. Love L'ville to cover with that line, don't think they can get it done straight up in Atlanta, not sure how good they are going to be but I'm not as sold on AU as everybody else seems to be.
I basically would take all non SEC teams - all dogs (on your list) and feel pretty good about my opening week. In fact I may do just that.

maroonmania
07-30-2015, 10:10 AM

WKU beats Vandy STRAIGHT UP. Mason won't be there next year. Not a head coach. SEC teams all have the home field advantage (even at the neutral sites) so that limits the calls for upsets (outside of hapless Vandy). I like ASU against aTm. Gonna be a high scoring entertaining down to the wire game, I at least like the points in that toss up. Love L'ville to cover with that line, don't think they can get it done straight up in Atlanta, not sure how good they are going to be but I'm not as sold on AU as everybody else seems to be.
I basically would take all non SEC teams - all dogs (on your list) and feel pretty good about my opening week. In fact I may do just that.

Heck, I would be shocked if WKU wasn't the favorite in that game with Vandy.

Edit to say that I see Vandy is actually favored but I just don't see it. Don't see how Vandy will score enough points to beat the offense WKU has.

Bothrops
07-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Vandy or SC could lose. If A&M doesn't beat Arizona St, they are ****ed.

Maroon_and_white
07-30-2015, 10:19 AM

Vandy goes down Week 1 to WKU then writing is all but on the wall for a mid-season firing of Mason.
I think the non-SEC power 5 schools are more confident than ever in the last 10 years battling SEC schools and I think that plays a big role. I like the underdogs covering these games at least 3-2 as of right now.

MSUDawg4Life
07-30-2015, 10:21 AM
I only see South Carolina losing.

Sumlin prepares well for the first game of the season. I think they are going to blast Arizona State.

Derek Mason's job is on the line. They will struggle, but win.

preachermatt83
07-30-2015, 11:17 AM
Vandy and aTm will Lose.

preachermatt83
07-30-2015, 11:18 AM
oh, and Louisville will give AU all they want

PMDawg
07-30-2015, 11:40 AM
A&M and USC are not as much improved as we are being led to believe. They, along with Vandy, will embarrass the SEC in week 1.

jumbo
07-30-2015, 11:50 AM
A&M, USCe & Vandy are the 3 potentials.

I say only A&M though.

jumbo
07-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Also, how can you not list us since USM is going to be our trap game???? ****

Maroon_and_white
07-30-2015, 11:55 AM
I've already laid my Week 1 wager down on us as 23 1/2 point favorites over USM. It will be good to start the season up in the money.

scottycameron
07-30-2015, 12:03 PM
I've already laid my Week 1 wager down on us as 23 1/2 point favorites over USM. It will be good to start the season up in the money.

23'???? That's ******* stealing. Do you feel any guilt at all? (I'm not going to)

Jack Lambert
07-30-2015, 12:40 PM
A&M and USC are not as much improved as we are being led to believe. They, along with Vandy, will embarrass the SEC in week 1.

ASU is no school to over look.

BulldogBear
07-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Vandy and SC may lose. I don't know if AU covers the 10.5

I'm probably going waaaaay out on a limb here and calling for Auburn to not cover and maybe lose.

War Machine Dawg
07-30-2015, 01:51 PM
I say SCar & aTm lose. Vandy gets a scare.

Ralph
07-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Slight thread jack... Best online site for degenerates?

bgover4
07-30-2015, 02:28 PM
I disagree with everyone on A&M, I agree that they will struggle this year but think back to last years season opener when they embarrassed USCe. I think they will come out strong to open the season. But when they get into conference play we see who they really are.

BulldogBear
07-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Also, how can you not list us since USM is going to be our trap game???? ****
Tim Brando knows.... remember, keep an eye on that game. I'm trembling***

MSUDawg4Life
07-30-2015, 03:00 PM
I disagree with everyone on A&M, I agree that they will struggle this year but think back to last years season opener when they embarrassed USCe. I think they will come out strong to open the season. But when they get into conference play we see who they really are.

That's what I'm thinking. Give Sumlin several weeks to prepare for an opponent and he's deadly. It's the week to week grind of the SEC they can't handle.

I understand Arizona State is a good team, but if they are not on their A-game that day they are going to get blown out.

Just my opinion.

Goldendawg
07-30-2015, 05:47 PM
I don't care if they all lose. I know longer pull for any SEC teams that we have to play, I want us to be the best of course. Vandy's Coach Mason was even less prepared to be a HC than Croom. He will not last the season.

Coach34
07-30-2015, 06:21 PM
SC has 8 starters returning on D- and Spurrier hasn't forgotten how to coach. Take SC

Dawgcentral
07-30-2015, 06:34 PM
If I had to pick one to lose outright, it would be Vandy. I think they lost their chance at success when they lost their coach to PSU and hired Mason.

They've returned to doormat status.

I'll never understand why they won't maintain an effort toward football success. They have $. GPA is important, but teams like Stanford maintain the same requirements. Maybe if the females would shave their legs now and then?

5 Star
07-30-2015, 06:42 PM
South Carolina and Texas A&M probably. Ole Fedora is probably about ready to put a pretty good team together after being pretty average the last 3 years. He won big at USM in Year 4. Graham has been winning pretty well at Arizona State, but the game is in Houston, so...

After that, probably Vanderbilt, just because they will suck. Wisconsin may give Alabama a game, but I don't expect them to win.

Auburn is going to roll Louisville, you all picking Auburn to maybe be upset are crazy. I have a Louisville friend, and they are expecting a down year with the talent they loss and uncertainty at quarterback. Most of them are already looking to 2016. Auburn wins by 2 touchdowns minimum.