PDA

View Full Version : Joe-****ing-Walsh people...#3 on the C34 list all-time

Coach34
07-30-2015, 12:34 AM
Saw the Eagles tonight- they played for 3 damn hours and killed it. Nobody can top LH'ed Jimi and RH'ed Jimmy- but Joe Walsh owns the wallet guys- he is as good as it gets. Hearing Rossington play Freebird live was awesome- but seeing Walsh a 2nd time for Life's been Good, Funk 49, and Rocky Mountain Way was just top shelf.

http://badmofowallets.com/wallets/tan1.JPG

LiterallyPolice
07-30-2015, 01:04 AM
http://youtu.be/-JlmvtAHhnc

I seen it dawg
07-30-2015, 01:12 AM
Dat boy good

Liverpooldawg
07-30-2015, 08:20 AM
I heard a talk by a guy that had been involved in running a local concert venue for a very long time. He said the Eagles were the biggest PITA he had ever worked with and it wasn't even close. He said they all hate each other and are very jealous. Everybody had to have a separate but equal size dressing room back stage. The rooms had to be identically stocked down to the last sheet of toilet paper or it would set off a huge row. He said he loves their music ( I do too) but working with them is the worst.

SignalToNoise
Walsh is awesome. Where was the show?

When the Stones played Nashville a couple months ago Walsh came out on stage during the opening act (Kenny Chesney .. sp?) and did Life's Been Good. Don't care much for Chesney but it was cool getting to see Walsh.

Cabo32
One of the funniest scenes from that movie...

Joe Walsh has always been one of my favorites..I bet that guy was fun to party with

Doc
07-30-2015, 08:44 AM
Best band of all time period! Saw them a few years ago. The precision of the concert was like being in the recording studio. Want to see them again if I can.

jumbo
07-30-2015, 08:52 AM
Joe Walsh is awesome. Very high on my list of musicians I'd like to hang out with.

Coach34
07-30-2015, 08:56 AM
I heard a talk by a guy that had been involved in running a local concert venue for a very long time. He said the Eagles were the biggest PITA he had ever worked with and it wasn't even close. He said they all hate each other and are very jealous. Everybody had to have a separate but equal size dressing room back stage. The rooms had to be identically stocked down to the last sheet of toilet paper or it would set off a huge row. He said he loves their music ( I do too) but working with them is the worst.

They dont show any of that onstage. They were perfect and smiling- talked each other up. I know that Henley is a cock, but he even joked to the crowd after Walsh killed it with Life's Been Good- "Now I have to follow THAT"

Coach34
07-30-2015, 09:01 AM
Walsh is awesome. Where was the show?

When the Stones played Nashville a couple months ago Walsh came out on stage during the opening act (Kenny Chesney .. sp?) and did Life's Been Good. Don't care much for Chesney but it was cool getting to see Walsh.

Shreveport. Packed house

jumbo
07-30-2015, 09:06 AM
They dont show any of that onstage. They were perfect and smiling- talked each other up. I know that Henley is a cock, but he even joked to the crowd after Walsh killed it with Life's Been Good- "Now I have to follow THAT"

It's pretty well known that Henley is an ass and that they don't all get along that well, but I just think that they are professional about it and can put the bullshit aside when they go on stage.

If only Oasis was able to do the same.

Liverpooldawg
07-30-2015, 09:18 AM

That's what the guy said. He couldn't believe the chemistry was so bad off stage and so good on it.

RoverDog
07-30-2015, 09:50 AM
I saw the Eagles in Birmingham about 15 years ago and Walsh damn near stole the show. He wore a helmet cam that projected what he saw on the big screen while he played Lifes Been Good. To this day one of my favorite concert moments.

DancingRabbit
07-30-2015, 10:06 AM
The Eagles are America's greatest rock n roll band.

The History of the Eagles film is a great watch. From watching the film it seemed like Frey was a little more the dickhead. Walsh says the band getting back together in the early 90s saved his life.

Excerpt from the film - Frey and Felder cuss each other out on stage - Felder's last appearance with the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU1q6cy9GPY

Jack Lambert
07-30-2015, 10:10 AM
To hear what is said about over on Bafoom I would have thought you would like George Michael or Boy Geroge

blacklistedbully
07-30-2015, 10:59 AM
Best band of all time period! Saw them a few years ago. The precision of the concert was like being in the recording studio. Want to see them again if I can.

Love The Eagles, but no. The Beatles #1 by a landslide. But Eagles can make a damn good case for #2.

DancingRabbit
07-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Love The Eagles, but no. The Beatles #1 by a landslide. But Eagles can make a damn good case for #2.

Yeah, Beatles #1. As I said above, The Eagles are America's #1. Overall I would put them at 4.

Beatles
Zeppelin
Stones
Eagles

Dawgtini
07-30-2015, 11:29 AM
ILBT uh-hu

Alphadog
07-30-2015, 01:16 PM

Saw them in Little Rock Tues. night. They were awesome. Amazing how everyone in the band can play any instrument and they can all sing. Great show

Doc
07-30-2015, 02:42 PM
Rabbit, those are 4 great bands but the other 3 aren't even in the same universe with Eagles as far as musicality is concerned. The Eagles are far better musicians. I will grant you that Lennon/McCartney are the more accomplished song writers but not by much. Like arguing what is better , fine wine or great scotch

RC3
07-30-2015, 02:53 PM
:smh
at this entire thread
the eagles man?? the f'n eagles?!?! give me a break

fishwater99
07-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Joe's good, but not in top 20, imo..

Hendrix
Vaughn
Page
Slash
Eddie Van Halen
Angus Young
Davis Gilmore
Clapton
Santana
Jeff Beck
BB King
Townsend
Duanne Allman
Eric Johnson
Steve Vai
Yngwie Malmstein
Chuck Berry
Randy Rhoads
Joe Satriani
Keith Richards
Jerry Garcia

Mjoelner34
07-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Have seen them several times and would go again in a heartbeat.

The best story happened when I lived in San Diego and saw them at the Cricket Wireless Ampitheater back when it was Coors Ampitheater. About 30 to 45 minutes before the show started I had to hit the pisser. Port-a-johns lined the entire top of the ampitheater and as soon as I stepped back out, I was almost knocked down by the smell of skunk weed. About 10 seconds later Henley walks out on stage to the center mic, steps up and says "I smell a pole cat!" then turned around and walked off stage.

Barking 13
07-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Joe's good, but not in top 20, imo..

Hendrix
Vaughn
Page
Slash
Eddie Van Halen
Angus Young
Davis Gilmore
Clapton
Santana
Jeff Beck
BB King
Townsend
Duanne Allman
Eric Johnson
Steve Vai
Yngwie Malmstein
Chuck Berry
Randy Rhoads
Joe Satriani
Keith Richards
Jerry Garcia

sorry, but your list is flawed... it's David Gilmour... I don't see John Petrucci on there. There are several others I would replace too. Richard? c'mon man, just a step above garage band. Even Ronnie is better than him....

Coach, did they have the other guitar player with them or was Don Felder with them?

FISHDAWG
07-30-2015, 04:54 PM
sorry, but your list is flawed... it's David Gilmour... I don't see John Petrucci on there. There are several others I would replace too. Richard? c'mon man, just a step above garage band. Even Ronnie is better than him....

Coach, did they have the other guitar player with them or was Don Felder with them?

any list without Billy Gibbons, Lindsey Buckingham, or Steve Miller isn't much of a list
not to mention Stevie Ray Vaughn, Allen Collins, and Gary Rossington

Goldendawg
07-30-2015, 04:57 PM

Saw the Eagles several yrs ago in Tupelo. Most I ever paid for a ticket, but worth it for the wife, friends, and I. Walsh stole the show that night also. Wife and I carried my 14 yr old son to the hump 4/15 for his first concert ZZ Top. They put on a very good show but even the stage banter was the same as previous shows that month. 1st time that I had seen them since 1973 on the Tres Hombres tour at UNA when I was 18. My friends and I cut our teeth on rock at the old Mid South Coliseum in Memphis. Have seen about 100 bands to date and now he loves classic rock. Blessed in many ways.

Barking 13
07-30-2015, 10:07 PM
Saw the Eagles several yrs ago in Tupelo. Most I ever paid for a ticket, but worth it for the wife, friends, and I. Walsh stole the show that night also. Wife and I carried my 14 yr old son to the hump 4/15 for his first concert ZZ Top. They put on a very good show but even the stage banter was the same as previous shows that month. 1st time that I had seen them since 1973 on the Tres Hombres tour at UNA when I was 18. My friends and I cut our teeth on rock at the old Mid South Coliseum in Memphis. Have seen about 100 bands to date and now he loves classic rock. Blessed in many ways.

Was there... took my son to his first concert for his 12th birthday to see Aerosmith in Tupelo on the nine lives tour... He has repaid me several times with bands like Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Sevendust, etc. I've been to more concerts than I can count since around 1970 (Grass Roots, Iron Butterfly). Speaking of concerts at the hump, who was the first major act to play there? I think it was the Doobie Brothers circa 1974? was there... Saw Lynyrd Skynyrd in the cow barn, with Grinderswitch shortly before the plane crash.
The only concert I missed that I was supposed to go to was Pink Floyd in B'ham on the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour and I still kick my own ass for not going.

Goldendawg
07-30-2015, 11:22 PM
Was there... took my son to his first concert for his 12th birthday to see Aerosmith in Tupelo on the nine lives tour... He has repaid me several times with bands like Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Sevendust, etc. I've been to more concerts than I can count since around 1970 (Grass Roots, Iron Butterfly). Speaking of concerts at the hump, who was the first major act to play there? I think it was the Doobie Brothers circa 1974? was there... Saw Lynyrd Skynyrd in the cow barn, with Grinderswitch shortly before the plane crash.
The only concert I missed that I was supposed to go to was Pink Floyd in B'ham on the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour and I still kick my own ass for not going.

Small world dept. My wife and I also carried my now 31 year old daughter and her 1st cousin to the same Aerosmith show in Tupelo for her 1st rock show. Loved the show and the stage setup(wife still brags about touching Tyler on his chest when he ran up the ramp to the 2nd level. Oh well. I walked the girls right up to the stage.). Barking 13, we must be about the same age, I'm '77 State grad. I also saw Lynyrd Skynyrd in the Barn. Also saw Jerry Jeff Walker, Vassar Clements Band, Leon and Mary Russell, Roger McQuinn, Billy Joel, Charlie Daniels and even Barry Manolow( free ticket and went with two girls-my excuse). Missed Wild Cherry as I had a paper to write but not my scene anyway. Went back to the Hump yrs later and saw Bruce on the Born in the USA tour. My favorite groups are Nugent, Alice, Aerosmith, VH only with DLR, Montrose, and other hard rock acts. I too got my start in HS with Grass Roots, CCR, 3 Dog Night. Did you see Iron Butterfly in Tupelo with Black Oak and the Delta Devil Bushpilots?

Barking 13
07-30-2015, 11:51 PM
Golden, nope Roots and Butterfly among many others at the Shower of Stars in B'ham. I'm a little behind you. I graduated from Columbus SD Lee High in 77. Unfortunately, I had to go to work and not MSU, but I've spent a lot of time there, and my son (and money) went there. I spent a lot of time in that day hanging around with a bunch of Pikes.
Speaking of the Wild Cherry concert at the barn, same deal, I had three chicks with me and that turned out to be an epic night...lol

I'm surprised Montrose wasn't on that list... I was at a restaurant in Greenville SC last night and Bad Motor Scooter came on...lol

Did you ever go to Tuesday's in Columbus? I was a bartender and DJ there.

fishwater99
07-31-2015, 09:59 AM

Going to see ZZ and Blackberry Smoke in Memphis on 8/15. Should be a good one too.. Gibbons can still rock and the Smoke is legit too..

Goldendawg
07-31-2015, 10:04 AM
Golden, nope Roots and Butterfly among many others at the Shower of Stars in B'ham. I'm a little behind you. I graduated from Columbus SD Lee High in 77. Unfortunately, I had to go to work and not MSU, but I've spent a lot of time there, and my son (and money) went there. I spent a lot of time in that day hanging around with a bunch of Pikes.
Speaking of the Wild Cherry concert at the barn, same deal, I had three chicks with me and that turned out to be an epic night...lol

I'm surprised Montrose wasn't on that list... I was at a restaurant in Greenville SC last night and Bad Motor Scooter came on...lol

Did you ever go to Tuesday's in Columbus? I was a bartender and DJ there.

Never went to Tuesday's, but did frequent the Southernaire, Ironworks, Triangle Club, and of course Len Lew's. You may be right about The Doobies being an early rock act in the Barn. I saw them there also. Saw Linda Rhonstat in another smaller agricultural style building with Andrew Gold. Remember when The Band's farewell tour show was cancelled due to poor ticket sales. Saw Ronnie Montrose and his band warm up for Def Leppard at a street festival in B'Ham several yrs ago with a rocking good friend who also flew me to N.C. to see them on their "reunion" tour with DLR. Sure glad that I got to see Montrose b4 Ronnie's sad self inflicting death (eaten up with cancer). I saw VH in Memphis 4 times touring their 1st 4 albums. BTW, as I am a junior member here, how does this vcash work?

MaroonState
07-31-2015, 10:58 AM
1. Hendrix
2. Vaughn
After those two it really doesn't ****ing matter because they are so far out in front. Just sayin.