PDA

View Full Version : NAFOOM doesn't like the OM QB roster

FlabLoser
07-29-2015, 11:04 PM
http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/52021/UM-QB-Situation-going-into-camp

They've got four 4-star QBs on the roster. How in the sam hell should they be concerned? I'm going to say this is the most talented QB roster Ole Miss has ever had. Have they ever had four 4-star QBs on a team? I doubt it.

If there is any concern at all about OM's QB situation, there has to be concern about Freeze. If he doesn't have one world beater QB in that 16 star roster, he has coaching issues.

MSUDawg4Life
07-29-2015, 11:25 PM
While we're quite confident about our mere three-stars.

Telling ....

mstatefan91
07-29-2015, 11:42 PM
OM has no idea what to do with a QB. If they ever hired a QB coach worth anything then they'd be very dangerous with the receivers that they have stock piled..

It's been 12 years since Eli and they haven't developed a QB since.

Ralph
07-29-2015, 11:50 PM
Cutcliffe wasn't good enough for them.

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2015, 11:53 PM
What I find funny about the Ole Miss QB competition is that most of their fans are saying Kelly will be the starter, not because they've seen him play or because he has done anything to win the job, but because they can't stand the thought of Buchanan or Kincade starting.

This is kind of like a Christmas party present swap when the person who's turn it is chooses the wrapped present over the shitty presents that have already been opened. They don't choose the wrapped present because they know it's better, they choose it because they already know the opened ones are crap and it therefore provides hope.

Barking 13
07-30-2015, 12:08 AM
What I find funny about the Ole Miss QB competition is that most of their fans are saying Kelly will be the starter, not because they've seen him play or because he has done anything to win the job, but because they can't stand the thought of Buchanan or Kincade starting.

This is kind of like a Christmas party present swap when the person who's turn it is chooses the wrapped present over the shitty presents that have already been opened. They don't choose the wrapped present because they know it's better, they choose it because they already know the opened ones are crap and it therefore provides hope.

Dirty Santa

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2015, 12:14 AM
Dirty Santa

This

The Ole Miss QB competition is the Dirty Santa of QB competitions.

BossDawg
07-30-2015, 12:16 AM
OM has no idea what to do with a QB. If they ever hired a QB coach worth anything then they'd be very dangerous with the receivers that they have stock piled..

It's been 12 years since Eli and they haven't developed a QB since.

I don't think Bo improved at all under Freeze, did he? I know he didn't get significantly worse, but I sure don't remember him get any better whatsoever.

DawgHouseUnited
07-30-2015, 12:23 AM
But, the guy they have coming next year is a 10* all-universe qb! And their 'crootin class is like teh bestest evah! In the history of everything!

/channeling bearsharts. Excuse me while I go puke...

FlabLoser
07-30-2015, 12:30 AM
Swag = Dirty Santa. I like it.

Ralph
07-30-2015, 12:52 AM
What I got from that was MGK will start, **** up a few games into season by either screwing up off and/or on the field, then RB becomes starter and he has no arm strength and belongs in a west coast offense.

Sounds like a great situation*

I seen it dawg
07-30-2015, 01:31 AM
They all ****ing suck. Is that news?

mstatefan91
07-30-2015, 02:23 AM
They all ****ing suck. Is that news?

Nope. Just funny given that they all think they will challenge the West and beat the sh*t out of us in Davis Wade.

Can't challenge the West without a QB. Can't challenge the West without a running game. Can't challenge the West without an O-Line.

Guess which 3 the bears are missing???

Schultzy
07-30-2015, 06:20 AM
I've never had less confidence in the star system. it will eventually go the way of Athlons and Lindys magazines and no one will pay any attention to it.

Youre a four star and now in your third year of college we find out RB has no arm strength and we knew all along he couldn't run?

This along with Robertsons admission that stars change depending on what school you're committed to makes me worry very little about recruiting rankings. There are so many good players out there that the services just won't spend the time or money to really evaluate.

starkvegasdawg
07-30-2015, 06:46 AM
What I got from that was MGK will start, **** up a few games into season by either screwing up off and/or on the field, then RB becomes starter and he has no arm strength and belongs in a west coast offense.

Sounds like a great situation*

Don't need arm strength to throw a bubble screen.

Mutt the Hoople
07-30-2015, 07:22 AM
This

The Ole Miss QB competition is the Dirty Santa of QB competitions.
I think we just have a new term in the Elitedawg Lexicon.

spudd21
07-30-2015, 11:22 AM

This is what I keep throwing at my northern miss buddies. I keep telling them they have serious issues if a first year player in that system walks in and takes the QB job.