PDA

View Full Version : Helmet design idea

blacklistedbully
07-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Don't have ChillyBilly's tools or graphic talents, but how's this idea? Have seen folks pro & con for the MS baseball logo, but I think the other jersey logo works better on our football helmet.
http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/kellybully/mississippistatehelmet_zps0aadfd21.jpg (http://s952.photobucket.com/user/kellybully/media/mississippistatehelmet_zps0aadfd21.jpg.html)http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/kellybully/maroonhelmetmaroonmask_zps5df50dc5.jpg (http://s952.photobucket.com/user/kellybully/media/maroonhelmetmaroonmask_zps5df50dc5.jpg.html)

The Croom Diaries
07-12-2013, 04:11 PM
I like it better than our current helmets. I really like the helmet Chillbilly released this week with a new take on the interlocking M-S-U. https://twitter.com/RockyVaughan/status/355123991226236928

blacklistedbully
07-12-2013, 04:31 PM
I would also use the same font for the numbers and add them to the front, ala the Steelers.

Coach34
07-12-2013, 08:58 PM
I freaking hate our logo now- it's terrible

Bring back the MSU logo or just a STATE script on the helmet.

Drewbowski
07-12-2013, 09:59 PM
I feel like we all just need to accept the fact that we are unique as a school and the only one that identifies as M-State.

with that said, those two concepts look like shit imo.

swdawg
07-12-2013, 10:30 PM
I think it would be much improved by making the "s" in 'State" the same size as the other four letters, and spreading out the Mississippi. It kinda reads like "Smississippi Tate" or "Smississippi State".

Political Hack
07-12-2013, 10:31 PM
I like the idea of branding as "State". Who is "State" in the SEC? Just us. We should take better advantage of it. We seriously could be the "State" for most of the country given the national TV contracts, etc... for the SEC.

Coach34
07-12-2013, 11:34 PM
I like the idea of branding as "State". Who is "State" in the SEC? Just us. We should take better advantage of it. We seriously could be the "State" for most of the country given the national TV contracts, etc... for the SEC.

THIS

FlabLoser
07-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Well our current logo says STATE across the M. I don't know why people hate it.

We have the banner Mississippi State logo across the front of our jerseys to reinforce what the M in M State is for.

I like what we are doing with or logos and branding. We are doing more than we ever have to differentiate ourselves from TSUN. I think our branding pretty clearly identifies us.

Although I do agree with Hack that we could do more to make "State" synonymous with our school on a nationwide basis. That didn't occur to me until I moved out of state and started telling people I was a "State" fan.

I think all the "Hail State" stuff is a good start.

The Croom Diaries
07-13-2013, 11:18 AM

I agree with this. I'd like for us to be known simply as "State" at least around the SEC. In some respects I think we are, but it could go a lot further. I like the interlocking M-S-U, but Michigan State has cornered the market on that acronym, too many people think of them when saying that - just googling MSU only brings up Michigan St stuff. I can't really think of any school that refers to themselves as "State" as much as us. They use the acronym like FSU, LSU, etc. I really don't like M-State or Miss State. I think we've done a good job of getting away from "miss state" on the jerseys and endzone and writing our full name - that is a step in the right direction. Making sure we are not the same thing as OM is a good thing.

State82
07-13-2013, 03:21 PM

Excellent point and excellent idea.

hacker
07-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Smississippi State?

blacklistedbully
07-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Smississippi State?

You guys do realize this is what is on one of our baseball jerseys, right?

swdawg
07-13-2013, 07:39 PM
I do realize that...and I feel the same way about it on the baseball jersey. Not meant to be critical of you.

You guys do realize this is what is on one of our baseball jerseys, right?

blacklistedbully
07-14-2013, 12:28 AM
I do realize that...and I feel the same way about it on the baseball jersey. Not meant to be critical of you.

Thanks, though I didn't take it personally. I just noticed a couple of comments making the same point, and wondered if y'all realized where I grabbed the graphic from. I actually agree with you guys, though, overall, I like the look. But yes, my first reaction was "It looks like Smississippi State" If I had a good graphics program, I'd have done as another has suggested, spread the Mississippi all along the top of the State. Would still keep the State larger, and would put the numbers on the front in the same font. I think that would look damn good.