PDA

View Full Version : Put yourself in Mullen's shoes: It's the first day of practice

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2015, 10:57 AM
OK, with Fall practice starting in a week, it's time to put yourself in Mullen's shoes.

The question is: HOW DO WE GET OUR MOJO BACK?

Last year, something was taken out of this team at Alabama & it never came back. Our team played with a swagger, intensity, & electricity that's been rarely rivaled in MSU history, but, at Bama, it went away.

Now that we are picked to finish last in the SEC West, have people saying we may not win 7 games, & have "experts" questioning the long term sustainability of the program, MSU's football program has it's back against the wall.

So put yourself in Mullen's shoes, what do you say & what do you do to get the MOJO back?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-29-2015, 11:02 AM
You don't say anything. Just print out every newspaper, magazine, blog clipping with us being picked last. A running loop of every ESPN, SEC Network, Fox Sports, etc talking head saying we lost everything & can't replace it. Then have the Bama, OM, & GT scores up everywhere in the locker room, practice field, cold tub, & bathroom. Then just say "What are you going to do about it"? Leave the room & let Dak, Ryan, Taveze, & all the other leaders get the team together & decide how this season is going to go. Strap on the pads & hit the practice field.

Jack Lambert
07-29-2015, 11:06 AM
What size does he wear? I got big feet. You know what they say, "Big Feet means Big..."

Treemydawg
07-29-2015, 11:09 AM
What size does he wear? I got big feet. You know what they say, "Big Feet means Big..."

Big shoes

TrapGame
07-29-2015, 11:14 AM
Not to nitpick Shotgun but I saw the change at Kentucky. That INT by Turtle probably saved us from a humiliating OT game vs an inferior UK team. From UK on the team was different.

But, I digress, if I'm Dan I give everyone a copy of the SECW ballot where we were voted dead last in the division. It's highlighted in pink. I make everyone carry it with them. To workout, to eat, to the bathroom...everywhere. And I'd randomly walk up to players and ask them to tell everyone who was voted last in the SECW.

LC Dawg
07-29-2015, 11:46 AM
You don't say anything. Just print out every newspaper, magazine, blog clipping with us being picked last. A running loop of every ESPN, SEC Network, Fox Sports, etc talking head saying we lost everything & can't replace it. Then have the Bama, OM, & GT scores up everywhere in the locker room, practice field, cold tub, & bathroom. Then just say "What are you going to do about it"? Leave the room & let Dak, Ryan, Taveze, & all the other leaders get the team together & decide how this season is going to go. Strap on the pads & hit the practice field.

"What Are You Going To Do About It?" I like that. Hang that everywhere.

DancingRabbit
07-29-2015, 11:52 AM
OK, with Fall practice starting in a week, it's time to put yourself in Mullen's shoes.

These?
https://hailstatebeat.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/img_4966.jpg

Or these?

http://d1vayaips1pdxq.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/051315_RoadDawgs4_web_SG.jpg

Dawgbite
07-29-2015, 11:58 AM
I can't afford Dan's shoes. Still got a double mortgage on the double wide from Cohens big adventure so many moons ago!

the59dawg
07-29-2015, 04:11 PM
I believe that AL showed the league if you stop Josh it makes us more one diminsionable that we want to be. Josh started running sideways ala 'boobie' in the AL game and did not stop it rest of yr. Under more pressure to make yardage Dak began taking more risk with throws and threw a bunch of INT's the last 4 games; more than in the previous 8 games. One small change had connected effects.

codeDawg
07-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Not to nitpick Shotgun but I saw the change at Kentucky. That INT by Turtle probably saved us from a humiliating OT game vs an inferior UK team. From UK on the team was different.

But, I digress, if I'm Dan I give everyone a copy of the SECW ballot where we were voted dead last in the division. It's highlighted in pink. I make everyone carry it with them. To workout, to eat, to the bathroom...everywhere. And I'd randomly walk up to players and ask them to tell everyone who was voted last in the SECW.

Dak and JRob both got hurt at UK and it was over from there.

I seen it dawg
07-30-2015, 01:25 AM
Cuss them out, make them puke then get down to business.

dawgwood
07-30-2015, 07:48 PM
I believe that AL showed the league if you stop Josh it makes us more one diminsionable that we want to be. Josh started running sideways ala 'boobie' in the AL game and did not stop it rest of yr. Under more pressure to make yardage Dak began taking more risk with throws and threw a bunch of INT's the last 4 games; more than in the previous 8 games. One small change had connected effects.

Geoff Collins chases that ********** down to Florida and leave us hanging. And the performance of that secondary was terrible. Welcome Back MANNY.

smootness
07-30-2015, 08:22 PM
Last year we were really loose all year, which served us well early and hurt us late.

This year, I want us on edge more. I don't lay it on too thick early, but I let everybody know what people think of us. Get that chip back and focus on bringing that to a head at the end of practice. Ride them more than usual if I have to; let them know that no slip-ups are accepted.

Schematically, I pin our ears back on defense and ram it down their throats on offense. We have the players to do both very well.

5 Star
07-30-2015, 09:39 PM
Mike Leach touches on this around 1:30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEbEmsGVrco