PDA

View Full Version : Msu football is as good as gone

Treemydawg
07-28-2015, 07:12 PM
Over at nafoom they are saying that they are about to leave us in the dust. Their recruiting is on a national level, they hand pick the talent they want from mississippi, and leave the other decent players for us because they simply don't have room in their classes for such inferior talent, salt grinders diamonds and shit. I wish some one would screen shot the thread print it off and give it to our players. It would be one hell of a slap in the face and even more motivation to stomp a mudhole in their ( we are better than you) rebear landshark chandelier cold chicken strip colonel rebel loving asses and walk it dry in Davis Wade this year.

starkvegasdawg
07-28-2015, 07:15 PM
After last year if they need a print out from a bear board to get motivated we've already lost. That corn and peanut filled green turd we laid in Vaught Hemingway better be motivation enough.

mstatefan91
07-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Bafoom has to be the biggest circle jerk to ever exist.

Well, I forgot about the spirit...

Treemydawg
07-28-2015, 07:19 PM
After last year if they need a print out from a bear board to get motivated we've already lost. That corn and peanut filled green turd we laid in Vaught Hemingway better be motivation enough.

Yeah that's why I said more motivation, maybe I should have explained myself better.

messageboardsuperhero
07-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Well, that's it boys. Tell the AD to pack up the Seal Complex. NAFOOM says it's all over. We are ****ed now.**

I can't even count the number of times in my life UM fans have told to me they were going to "leave us in the dust" because of some great recruiting class or new coach. And yet, when was the last time they actually finished above us in the SEC west standings? Same old shit, different day. Neither team is leaving the other in the dust anytime soon.

And since when do they hand pick whoever they want in Mississippi? I guess last year they didn't want Jamal Peters, Leo Lewis, Fletcher Adams, Tim Washington, Mark McLaurin, Malik Dear, Tommy Champion, Dontea Jones, etc.

drummerdawg
07-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Well I do wish we could compete more in recruiting. Yes last year was nice but that is rare and kind of just worked out for us. I love making MS a priority but we don't need to keep all our eggs in one basket and rely on MS to keep us in the top of the SEC west.

mstatefan91
07-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Well I do wish we could compete more in recruiting. Yes last year was nice but that is rare and kind of just worked out for us. I love making MS a priority but we don't need to keep all our eggs in one basket and rely on MS to keep us in the top of the SEC west.

Mississippi is #4 on the list for states with the most players in the NFL per capita... now, there is talent outside of the state, and it would be nice to land a couple of those every once in a while

BeardoMSU
07-28-2015, 07:34 PM
Bafoom has to be the biggest circle jerk to ever exist.

Well, I forgot about the spirit...

Most definitely. Nafoom is the Spirit, without the racial slurs, homophobia, and longing for ethnic genocide....

Coach34
07-28-2015, 07:35 PM

what the hell? 5 straight higher finishes in the West says we are ****ing winning the recruiting battle

BulldogBear
07-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Well crap. No point in going to any games then. Any body wanna trade my season tickets for a tractor tire, our hot cousin, and a mason jar with a stem?***

Statefan
07-28-2015, 07:45 PM
what the hell? 5 straight higher finishes in the West says we are ****ing winning the recruiting battle

That thread is absurd with a few rational posts mixed in. No doubt they are recruiting well, but we've already established 2 million times that we do things differently as programs

And how they can assume they are "leaving us in the dust" based on guys paid to rank high school athletes based on potential as opposed to actual results of finishing behind us in the SEC every year since 2009 is laughable.

For example, their greatest recruiting class in history with all its 5* glory will never achieved what we did last year.... Held back by a really average offensive coach. Freeze should pay half his salary to the DC

messageboardsuperhero
07-28-2015, 07:46 PM
And I contended that Starkville is not a perfect place- but if you just read NAFOOM and had never visited Mississippi, you'd think Starkville was a third world place with no running water and Oxford was the metropolitan and cultural Mecca of western civilization where everyone's shit smells like daisies.

I also find it funny that head-to-head results are now more important than overall conference standings- which is the direct opposite of what we were told in 2009.

Statefan
07-28-2015, 07:48 PM
And I contended that Starkville is not a perfect place- but if you just read NAFOOM and had never visited Mississippi, you'd think Starkville was a third world place with no running water and Oxford was the metropolitan and cultural Mecca of western civilization where everyone's shit smells like daisies.

I also find it funny that head-to-head results are now more important than overall conference standings- which is the direct opposite of what we were told in 2009.

But they beat Bama -- leaving them in the dust! (the entire season doesn't matter)

drummerdawg
07-28-2015, 07:51 PM

So we shouldn't go after higher rated guys because we finished higher than om in the SEC? Sorry but I want to get elite talent every year. Our chances for success would increase. Now that doesn't mean we shouldn't go after some "grinders" too.

drummerdawg
07-28-2015, 07:55 PM
Mississippi is #4 on the list for states with the most players in the NFL per capita... now, there is talent outside of the state, and it would be nice to land a couple of those every once in a while

But we only have a handful of SEC caliber recruits every year and we have to split with om, Bama, Lsu, Auburn...

Todd4State
07-28-2015, 08:01 PM
The way we are recruiting now is our formula for sustainable success.

Coach34
07-28-2015, 08:06 PM
Yesssssss- we're done. This year's preseason mantras:

1. Freezus owns Mullensss. If not for a lucky fumble in which Ole Missus would have been an XP away from tying the game- Freezus would be undefeated vs us.

2. Freezus is recruiting at an elite level and we can't hope to compete with them

3. After Freezus Bucks the trend and wins the EB in Sville- Mullensss is going to leave for another job or we will fire him.

4. Ole Missus is going to win the West this year

messageboardsuperhero
07-28-2015, 08:09 PM
But we only have a handful of SEC caliber recruits every year and we have to split with om, Bama, Lsu, Auburn...

We're really only splitting them with UM. Out of state schools are finding out more and more that it's damn hard to get top talent out of Mississippi. Those other schools you mentioned above get a few every now and then- but let's not act like it's an even split by any means. Here's the 247 Mississippi rankings from the last two years:

http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MS
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MS

If only those darn out of state schools would stop taking all of Mississippi's top talent.**

ETA: And holy shit at how underrated some of our 2014 signees are. Gerri Green at #10, Brandon Bryant at #20, JT Gray at #29, Elgton Jenkins at #31 (people will be laughing at that one in a couple of years), Chris Rayford at #35, Dontavian Lee at #40, and Ronald Cochran at #64. Deion Calhoun was also a low three star and the #48 player in AL, and Fitz and Staley are both underrated as well... Damn, that could be another group like Preston Smith, B-Mac and those guys in 2011.

MSUDawg4Life
07-28-2015, 08:21 PM
We're really only splitting them with UM. Out of state schools are finding out more and more that it's damn hard to get top talent out of Mississippi. Those other schools you mentioned above get a few every now and then- but let's not act like it's an even split by any means. Here's the 247 Mississippi rankings from the last two years:

http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MS
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MS

If only those darn out of state schools would stop taking all of Mississippi's top talent.**

Good point.

Couple of interesting things I noticed on those lists:

1) Oklahoma coming over to get one good guy each year. We don't normally think of them when we think of out of state schools coming to get talent.

2) The intense competition USM has for recruits. ULaLa and LaTech are kicking their ass.

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2015, 08:23 PM
I've always thought the "we are leaving them behind" from either fan base to be completely ignorant and short sited.

Simply, unless OM or MSU starts out recruiting Bama, LSU, and/ or Auburn, no one will be leaving anyone behind because MSU, Ark, and OM will all have the bottom 3 talent levels in the SEC West.

Lastly, Auburn hasn't even left MSU behind and they are a perineal top 10 recruiter. MSU and OM operate differently and that's ok.

I do find it funny though that they are on their high horse today after getting a 247 3 star CB from the most highly recruited high school in America that NEVER has a player underrated. Essentially, you can bet that his highest rating is absolutely best case scenario. John Weiner calling a 5'11" 180 lbs CB Tony Conner 2.0 is one of the most irresponsible talent evaluations I've ever heard. Completely ignorant.

Treemydawg
07-28-2015, 08:31 PM
I'

Lastly, Auburn hasn't even left MSU behind and they are a perineal top 10 recruiter. MSU and OM operate differently and that's ok.

This is exactly why I think the recruiting sights rankings for stars and their class ranking are pretty much useless. Sure the top 5 classes may be somewhat better but I don't think that there is that much difference from 6 - 30. I think they are just splitting hairs when ranking those class's and players.

maroonmania
07-28-2015, 08:35 PM
That thread is absurd with a few rational posts mixed in. No doubt they are recruiting well, but we've already established 2 million times that we do things differently as programs

And how they can assume they are "leaving us in the dust" based on guys paid to rank high school athletes based on potential as opposed to actual results of finishing behind us in the SEC every year since 2009 is laughable.

For example, their greatest recruiting class in history with all its 5* glory will never achieved what we did last year.... Held back by a really average offensive coach. Freeze should pay half his salary to the DC

No, no, no, they will bubble screen their way to a national championship THIS year.

Coach34
07-28-2015, 08:35 PM
So we shouldn't go after higher rated guys because we finished higher than om in the SEC? Sorry but I want to get elite talent every year. Our chances for success would increase. Now that doesn't mean we shouldn't go after some "grinders" too.

Who said that? We have Elite talent:

Prescott
Wilson
Jones
Redmond
Calhoun
Ryan Brown

All Guaranteed draft picks- I think Malone works his way in to make 7 draft picks this April. And that doesnt include others. Explain to me how we arent getting elite talent?

MSUDawg4Life
07-28-2015, 08:42 PM

Prescott
Wilson
Jones
Redmond
Calhoun
Ryan Brown

All Guaranteed draft picks- I think Malone works his way in to make 7 draft picks this April. And that doesnt include others. Explain to me how we arent getting elite talent?

It's hard to argue against that. Folks just want to see more STARSZ!!!

drummerdawg
07-28-2015, 08:51 PM
Lastly, Auburn hasn't even left MSU behind and they are a perineal top 10 recruiter.

Not totally disagreeing with you but they have played for a couple of National championships (winning one) and an SEC championship the last few years. They've been a consistent top 10 program.

TUSK
07-28-2015, 08:52 PM
YEAH! what yall said.... and they banned TUSK.... you gotta be really intolerant to do that!

they suck!

;)

messageboardsuperhero
07-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Not totally disagreeing with you but they have played for a couple of National championships (winning one) and an SEC championship the last few years. They've been a consistent top 10 program.

And yet we've beaten them two out of the last three years, and we all know we were very close to beating them in 2010, 2011, and 2013.

I guess it depends on your definition of leaving someone in the dust. You can have a better program than someone else but still not dominate them over the long term. Alabama has a better program than Auburn, but have they left Auburn in the dust? No. Same can be said for Auburn and MSU.

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2015, 09:27 PM
And yet we've beaten them two out of the last three years, and we all know we were very close to beating them in 2010, 2011, and 2013.

I guess it depends on your definition of leaving someone in the dust. You can have a better program than someone else but still not dominate them over the long term. Alabama has a better program than Auburn, but have they left Auburn in the dust? No. Same can be said for Auburn and MSU.

This

Mullen and Freeze/ Saban and Malzahn would never argue about this because they understand football.

Football isn't ancient war fare where my group of 30 4 and 5 star recruits outnumber your 20 4 and 5 star recruits.

Football is a game in which only 11 players can be on the field at any given time. You don't have to have better talent than the team your playing, you just have to have enough talent.

If OM has 30 4 and 5 star recruits and MSU has 23 4 and 5 star recruits, then both teams have essentially the same talent on the field at any given time. We have enough talent to beat anyone and it comes down to execution and coaching.

beretta
07-28-2015, 09:57 PM

let me explain to you oxford in a nutshell.....I live here.....1. You have to give the university and alums a ton of credit, bc they are expert marketing wizards on oxford. 2) There is an ENORMOUS gap between the reality and perception of oxford.....the old expression its "grenada without the lake" couldn't be more spot on....its small town mississippi with a university and a couple nice restaurants.....the people aren't friendly....the perception of it being a mecca for beautiful women is about as much bull shit as I've ever seen.....theyre all granolas up here....grocery stores suck, roads suck, traffic sucks, people suck, square is way overrated.....my guess is there are more heads of cattle in Lafayette county than just about any other county in north MS....

Both oxford and starkville have wide gaps between perception and reality.....they are mirror images of each other right now.....starkville can't shake its perception, and oxford can't shake its reality.....

Oxfordawg
07-28-2015, 10:11 PM
let me explain to you oxford in a nutshell.....I live here.....1. You have to give the university and alums a ton of credit, bc they are expert marketing wizards on oxford. 2) There is an ENORMOUS gap between the reality and perception of oxford.....the old expression its "grenada without the lake" couldn't be more spot on....its small town mississippi with a university and a couple nice restaurants.....the people aren't friendly....the perception of it being a mecca for beautiful women is about as much bull shit as I've ever seen.....theyre all granolas up here....grocery stores suck, roads suck, traffic sucks, people suck, square is way overrated.....my guess is there are more heads of cattle in Lafayette county than just about any other county in north MS....

Both oxford and starkville have wide gaps between perception and reality.....they are mirror images of each other right now.....starkville can't shake its perception, and oxford can't shake its reality.....

Spot on my friend spot on 👏🏻

messageboardsuperhero
07-28-2015, 10:23 PM

Ha, I can't say I disagree with anything you said. The single difference between Starkville and Oxford is the square and how well known it is. That is it. Outside of that, they're very very similar places. And I definitely agree that Starkville gets a bad rap because of past perceptions.

ETA: And spot on about the traffic/roads. Driving down University drive or Jackson avenue while school is in session is about as much fun as getting a lobotomy. I also find it funny that Starkville is "Cowtown" but Lafayette county probably has more farmers than Oktibbeha county.

662dawg
07-28-2015, 10:23 PM

Prescott
Wilson
Jones
Redmond
Calhoun
Ryan Brown

I honestly believe that you'll be able to add these to your list by mid season.

Green
Richie Brown
Ross
Rankin
Clayborn
Jefferson
Ben Brown
Shump/Lee/Williams

And IMO you still have these guys that have a shot at being elite talent by seasons end.

JT Gray/Jung
Peters/Coman

662dawg
07-28-2015, 10:24 PM
Needless to say, we have some very good talent.

Bucky Dog
07-28-2015, 10:32 PM
Do not let the Tunsil shit die! If we don't keep talking about it he will play the entire year then go to NFL and they MAY get a slap on the wrist. They need him to sit and cause a distraction.

BayouDawg
07-28-2015, 10:33 PM
According to scout.com we generally finish in the final recruiting rankings about the same as Arky, USCe, and Mizzou. So why doesn't anyone in the media think those teams will never be able to compete with the big boys? It just doesn't make any sense. If it's such a major "handicap" for us then why doesn't it apply to those schools?

UMCDawg16
07-28-2015, 10:39 PM

Someone pin this post. IMMEDIATELY. Bravo. Great post.

JDog13
07-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Let them get that talent. As long as Freeze is there, it won't really matter.

Homedawg
07-29-2015, 12:41 AM

Wtf are you talking about. Split? This isn't 25 years ago we haven't split shit w anyone in this state. Including the fing rebels....as for your mantra of getting "higher" recruits, who doesn't want that. But there is a reason we get who we get and the Rebs get who they get out of state, the results in February are much different, the results in the fall aren't, let's not sell our soul to out of state kids w no skin in the game. It's proven so far it doesn't work any better.

BossDawg
07-29-2015, 12:51 AM
Over at nafoom they are saying that they are about to leave us in the dust. Their recruiting is on a national level, they hand pick the talent they want from mississippi, and leave the other decent players for us because they simply don't have room in their classes for such inferior talent, salt grinders diamonds and shit. I wish some one would screen shot the thread print it off and give it to our players. It would be one hell of a slap in the face and even more motivation to stomp a mudhole in their ( we are better than you) rebear landshark chandelier cold chicken strip colonel rebel loving asses and walk it dry in Davis Wade this year.

Yeah...they say that every year. Every. Single. Year. They even pay the media to talk them up constantly, too.

Bothrops
07-29-2015, 01:44 AM
We are a developmental type program and go about things differently. But inspite of any differences with the two programs, they haven't had any more overall talent than us since Dan's first season, and we win 41-27. They lost to 3 teams we defeated last season, so where's the gap? We also played our worst conference game at VHS last year. I doubt we lose it at home.

Let them play with themselves.

dawgs
07-29-2015, 02:06 AM

Per capita, how does it work?

Coach34
07-29-2015, 08:39 AM
I honestly believe that you'll be able to add these to your list by mid season.

Green
Richie Brown
Ross
Rankin
Clayborn
Jefferson
Ben Brown
Shump/Lee/Williams

And IMO you still have these guys that have a shot at being elite talent by seasons end.

JT Gray/Jung
Peters/Coman

Exactly. Either our poster is very uninformed or is a Bearshark in Elite clothing. There is nothing wrong with our talent level. We could have as many as 5 players drafted in the top 3 rounds come April- and that's just this year's class.

drummerdawg
07-29-2015, 08:46 AM
Wtf are you talking about. Split? This isn't 25 years ago we haven't split shit w anyone in this state. Including the fing rebels....as for your mantra of getting "higher" recruits, who doesn't want that. But there is a reason we get who we get and the Rebs get who they get out of state, the results in February are much different, the results in the fall aren't, let's not sell our soul to out of state kids w no skin in the game. It's proven so far it doesn't work any better.

Mississippi only produces a handful of legit SEC talent every year unlike some of the larger states. I'm not saying that lesser rated guys won't end up being good but my point is that we do split our top talent with OM and others. Lets look at the 247 composite list of top players in MS.

1. Chris Jones - MSU
2. Tony Conner - OM
3. Kailo Moore - OM
4. Ashton Shumpert - MSU
5. Ryan Buchanan - OM
6. Jake Thomas - MSU
7. Deon Mix - Aub
8. Brandon Wells - MSU
9. Gabe Myles - MSU
10. Scott Austin - ULL

MSU - 5
OM - 3
AUB - 1

1. Rod Taylor - OM
2. C.J. Hampton - OM
3. Markell Pack - OM
4. Breeland Speaks - OM
5. Devin Voorhies - LSU
6. Jamoral Graham - MSU
7. Aeris Williams - MSU
8. Gerri Green - MSU
9. Sammie Epps - OM
10. Jesse Jackson - MSU

OM - 5
MSU - 4
LSU - 1

1. Javon Patterson - OM
2. Jamal Peters - MSU
3. Leo Lewis - MSU
4. Fletcher Adams - MSU
5. Malik Dear - MSU
6. Armani Linton - OM
7. Tommy Champion - MSU
8. Willie Hibbler - OM
9. Timothy Washington - MSU
10. Gabriel Campbell - OU

MSU - 6
OM - 3
OU - 1

1. Nigel Knott - ?
2. Benito Jones - OM
3. DeKaylin Metcalf - OM
4. A.J. Brown - ?
5. Jeffery Simmons - ?
6. Scott Lashley - ?
7. Raekwon Davis - Bama
8. Octavious Cooley - OM
9. Justin Connor - OM
10. Marquiss Spencer - ?

As of right now
OM - 4
MSU - 0
Bama - 1

Treemydawg
07-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Exactly. Either our poster is very uninformed or is a Bearshark in Elite clothing. There is nothing wrong with our talent level. We could have as many as 5 players drafted in the top 3 rounds come April- and that's just this year's class.

You have mail coach

BankerDog
07-29-2015, 09:04 AM
You also have to understand this: We are recruiting mid 3* star guys from Louisiana and Alabama who, if they played in Mississippi, would be some of the better players. An example: Cam Dantzler. Barton Simmons called him a NFL CB and he isn't a top 10 recruit in the state of Louisiana. Another from Alabama: Dee Nalls. Would easily have been a Dandy this year. The football in those states develop their athletes a lot better than Mississippi High Schools.

Another thing, look at how many bust out of the Dandy the last few years: Tobias, Brassell, Ryan Buchanan (Who was a camp star and an Ole Miss Legacy), Kalio Moore, Jeremy Liggins, Deon Mix, Carlos Thompson, Channing Ward, Quay Evans, Brandon Wells, Clayton Moore, Chris Garret. That's just off the top of my head. You could also say Jake Thomas hasn't lived up to the hype so far for us.

Also a few Dandy notes: Octivaious Cooley is about two Big Mac meals from being a LT. And with the photos I have seen of Ole Miss' nutrition plan, it is very very likely that ends up happening. Justin Conner will be this year's Kailo Moore. If you leave Scott Lashley off the list, like they did, than that shows you how messed up the Dandy is. They chose to QB from Oxford, who granted has started since his sophomore year, but hasn't won a State Championship yet. The two guys who I want to flip are Rakewon Davis and Benito Jones-and there are things on Jones which would make the Tunsil thing look like a pat on the back.

messageboardsuperhero
07-29-2015, 09:04 AM
Mississippi only produces a handful of legit SEC talent every year unlike some of the larger states. I'm not saying that lesser rated guys won't end up being good but my point is that we do split our top talent with OM and others. Lets look at the 247 composite list of top players in MS.

1. Chris Jones - MSU
2. Tony Conner - OM
3. Kailo Moore - OM
4. Ashton Shumpert - MSU
5. Ryan Buchanan - OM
6. Jake Thomas - MSU
7. Deon Mix - Aub
8. Brandon Wells - MSU
9. Gabe Myles - MSU
10. Scott Austin - ULL

MSU - 5
OM - 3
AUB - 1

1. Rod Taylor - OM
2. C.J. Hampton - OM
3. Markell Pack - OM
4. Breeland Speaks - OM
5. Devin Voorhies - LSU
6. Jamoral Graham - MSU
7. Aeris Williams - MSU
8. Gerri Green - MSU
9. Sammie Epps - OM
10. Jesse Jackson - MSU

OM - 5
MSU - 4
LSU - 1

1. Javon Patterson - OM
2. Jamal Peters - MSU
3. Leo Lewis - MSU
4. Fletcher Adams - MSU
5. Malik Dear - MSU
6. Armani Linton - OM
7. Tommy Champion - MSU
8. Willie Hibbler - OM
9. Timothy Washington - MSU
10. Gabriel Campbell - OU

MSU - 6
OM - 3
OU - 1

1. Nigel Knott - ?
2. Benito Jones - OM
3. DeKaylin Metcalf - OM
4. A.J. Brown - ?
5. Jeffery Simmons - ?
6. Scott Lashley - ?
7. Raekwon Davis - Bama
8. Octavious Cooley - OM
9. Justin Connor - OM
10. Marquiss Spencer - ?

As of right now
OM - 4
MSU - 0
Bama - 1

We split the top RATED talent with UM- that's it. Notice how only three top 10 players in the past three years have left MS... 90% going to two schools and the other 10% going elsewhere is a split between those two schools absolutely not splitting with anyone else. The way your original post was worded it sounded like you were saying that Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc. have as good of a shot as us and UM to get top rated talent out of MS- which is just totally false.

And this is just the top ranked talent. I think Mullen has proven time and again that a good bit of the true top talent can be found outside of the top 10.

Liverpooldawg
07-29-2015, 09:14 AM
Bottom line is what Dan is doing at MSU works FOR US. It's essentially the same thing Jackie did in recruiting till the rumors killed it with out as great of a reliance on JUCOS. We aren't recruiting to the same type of system now (esp on offense) and Dan is better at identifying and evaluating players, but the intangibles are virtually the same. It's something we can maintain long term too if we can hang on to Dan and keep the Rebs from doing to Dan what they did to Jackie.

drummerdawg
07-29-2015, 09:19 AM
We split the top RATED talent with UM- that's it. Notice how only three top 10 players in the past three years have left MS... 90% going to two schools and the other 10% going elsewhere is a split between those two schools absolutely not splitting with anyone else. The way your original post was worded it sounded like you were saying that Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc. have as good of a shot as us and UM to get top rated talent out of MS- which is just totally false.

And this is just the top ranked talent. I think Mullen has proven time and again that a good bit of the true top talent can be found outside of the top 10.

I agree with you. I may not have worded my post correctly. I was trying to say between us, om and the other schools we get maybe half of the top recruits to come to State.

BulldogBear
07-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Bottom line is what Dan is doing at MSU works FOR US. It's essentially the same thing Jackie did in recruiting till the rumors killed it with out as great of a reliance on JUCOS. We aren't recruiting to the same type of system now (esp on offense) and Dan is better at identifying and evaluating players, but the intangibles are virtually the same. It's something we can maintain long term too if we can hang on to Dan and keep the Rebs from doing to Dan what they did to Jackie.
^^THIS^^

******* and company do their own evaluating and developing. Here's how I would describe the difference in recruiting philosophy between us and NMU:

The Bear Network tries to win the battle of perception. They talk like a BUGAFLU (Bama, Georgia, LSU, Florida tyoe) and try to recruit like a BUGAFLU and try to give off the impression that have always been a BUGAFLU. Then hope the perception pays off with better and better players down the road.

We recruit the player we need/want now rather than the one it looks good to land. We seem to let development and winning change the perception and lead to better and better players down the road.

Neither strategies are yet proven unsound but I believe ours has the better chance of long term success. The NMU way seems like it could become a bubble that could burst one day.

MSUDawg99
07-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Let them get that talent. As long as Freeze is there, it won't really matter.

Zactly! I feel like a broken record every single time I hear this ****ing argument about OM winning recruiting. WE DEVELOP TALENT FAR BETTER THAN THEM. FREEZE CAN'T DEVELOP TALENT SO THEY'RE DOING WHAT THEY HAVE TO TO COMPETE WITH THE SEC WEST. IT'S NOT THAT ****ING HARD TO SEE THAT!!!!!!! I HAVE FULL FAITH IN OUR COACHES TO DEVELOP & FIND THE RIGHT PLAYERS FOR OUR TEAM. WHO GIVES A ****ING SHIT ABOUT STARS????????????????? HOW DOES THAT TRANSLATE TO THE FIELD? THAT IS THE MAIN QUESTION YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF. THEY CAN'T DEVELOP TALENT ANYWHERE NEAR THE RATE WE DO SO YEAH THEY HAVE TO CROOT THESE "STARS" CAUSE THEY WOULDN'T HAVE A FIGHTING CHANCE IN THE SEC.